Guide By: DKsDragon
There are 12 Trophies that can be earned in this title.
Show / Hide Guide Road Map
Estimated trophy difficulty: N/A
Offline trophies: 12 (7, 4, 1)
Online trophies: 0
Approximate amount of time to 100%: 5+ hours dependant on skill
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
Number of missable trophies: 0 – Chapter select is allowed.
Does difficulty affect trophies? No difficulty setting
Do cheat codes disable trophies: N/A
PSN Price: $4.99
Welcome to the World Gone Sour. This game is based on the premise that candy has feelings too, and its goal in life is to be eaten. Candies who aren’t eaten, sometimes go bad. You play as a candy who fell into the trash bin, but didn’t turn evil. Find smaller candies who are good to follow you, make your way through the levels, and defeat evil candies to unlock your freedom!
Simply play through the game. Don’t worry about anything, just beat all the levels. This will award you with:
Into the Light
If the Shoe Fits…
Mop up. Play through a level without dying for Candy Skillz, beat a level with a partner or with two controllers for BFF, see all 8 Sacrifices in one level for It’s a Sour Life and find every secret for Collector. Not much walkthrough to it, simply do each of these in any order you want, since chapter select is allowed.
[PS3T Would Like to Thank DKsDragon for this Roadmap]
|Into the Light|
|Escape the garbage can|| |
You earn this right at the start of the game, just after you finish the semi-tutorial, and get fired out of the party popper. You will be forced to die by landing on gum, and will receive this trophy at pretty much the same time.
|Sacrifice 1000 followers|| |
This will come during the natural course of gameplay, unless you are incredibly stingy with your followers. If you are having trouble getting this, simply face a boss and let all your followers die a few times, that will give you near 20 followers slain every time they die.
|Collect all the Secrets in the game|| |
There are 45 secrets in the game, 5 for each non-boss level. They are shaped like small floating golden statues. The game remembers how many you have from each level, so if you replay a level you do NOT need to recollect ones you have previously gotten. Collect all 45 to earn this trophy.
Here is a good video walkthrough to get all the secrets, thanks to youtube user VGMMDI for providing it: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCFD815A0A6914A1A
|Complete a level in co-op|| |
Simply pull out a second controller and beat any level with a friend, or by yourself.
The easiest level to do this on is the first boss level, as it is so short and so easy. Thanks to pacman919 for the tip.
|Complete a non-boss level without dying|| |
Again, the first level is the easiest to accomplish this on; as long as you are careful it should be a fairly easy trophy.
|It's a Sour life|
|See 8 different Sour Sacrifices in a single level|| |
There are 8 different Sacrifices, you need to see all of them in a single level to get this trophy. They are as follows:
1. Sliced – done by throwing followers at fan blades, or buzz saws.
2. Drowned – done by throwing followers into water of any sort.
3. Exploded – done by throwing followers at bombs or the flying enemies who drop dynamite (you don’t have to hit the dynamite; the enemy itself will explode as well).
4. Burned – done by throwing followers at candles.
5. Flung – done by throwing followers at mousetraps.
6. Melted – done by throwing followers at stove elements.
7. Skewered – done by throwing followers at spikes, wherever they may be.
8. Squashed – done by throwing minions under falling objects.
I did this on the third level without too much trouble, the different deaths are actually fairly easy to achieve.
This can be done on every level, confirmed. Thanks to pacman919 for the tip.
|Earn a Campaign Score greater than 300,000|| |
You will likely earn this after completing the third level, you get around 100k points for the earlier levels. You cannot avoid getting this during the course of normal gameplay.
|Earn a score greater than 50,000 in a single level|| |
You will likely earn this on the first level, it is extremely difficult to NOT get 50,000 on every level. I believe it is impossible to miss this, even if you try, because of the boss levels.
|If the Shoe Fits...|
|Beat Semi-Squished|| |
Semi-Squished is the first boss you will encounter. Each boss has their own level, so don’t worry about running out of lives, you can simply retry the level at any point to reset the life counter. He attacks in the following pattern:
- He will walk from the right to the left side of the map, then crawl up the wall.
- On the ceiling, he will walk back and forth, and drop 3 minions down. Defeat them fairly quickly so you don’t have to deal with them while he comes down.
- He will come down, and run across the map, trying to hit you.
- At the other side of the map, he will pause to throw out some gum. Avoid it, or you may get stuck and get hit by him as he charges back to the other side.
- When he hits the wall he started at, he will become vulnerable. Throw a follower at him to take a third of his health.
- Repeat this three times and he will be defeated.
|Beat Dolly-Doll|| |
Dolly-Doll is the second boss you will encounter. She attacks in the following pattern:
- She will throw three balls at you, which you can avoid by jumping over or ducking under them.
- She will then charge at you. Jump on the dresser drawer that has opened, and then jump over her. She will be stunned when she hits the drawer, use this opportunity to grab her string () and pull it ().
- You will have to do this twice to remove a third of her health.
- She will then jump to the back of the area and throw objects at you, which you can avoid by watching the shadows, or simply stand in the corner so that you will only get hit by one of them.
- Once she re-enters the arena, she will immediately charge at you. Repeat the earlier step and pull her string again.
- Do this twice to remove another portion of her health.
- She will then jump at you, which you can easily avoid by running under her.
- After she has jumped at you for a while, she will jump to one of the edges of the arena, then charge at you. Pull her string again.
- Do this twice and she will be defeated.
|Beat Pump-Kind|| |
Pump-Kind is the third boss you will encounter. He is extremely difficult, and will attack in the following pattern:
- He will begin by jumping in the air and shooting a wave of fireballs down twice, once from each side.
- He will then bounce on each corner of the arena, shooting out a missile straight across the bottom of the map, and crushing anyone below him.
- Then he will go to the right side and float a bit off the ground. Now you have to throw 3 followers at him. This will take one third of his life.
- Now he will hover above you and shoot fire downwards at you. Simply keep moving to avoid it.
- This is the hardest part. He will bounce on the ground repeatedly, moving towards you, starting at the right edge, shooting a fireball out each time.
- If you can avoid that, he will then move to the edge and you can throw followers at him to take another portion of his health.
- His final stage he simply hovers and chases you down, then bounces on you. Simply keep moving and grow back to full size if he hits you.
- After a short period of trying to crush you, he will become vulnerable to followers again. Finish him off.
|Beat the Game|| |
To beat the game, you will have to defeat your friend that you were warned about. This boss is actually fairly easy. He will come at you in the following manner:
- Drive side to side twice, attempting to run you over.
- Go to the back of the map and shoot bombs at you – you can avoid these by watching the shadows on the ground.
- He will begin driving to either the right or the left. Hit the button on that side to fling him forwards.
- He will be stunned, jump on top of him, dealing a third of his health.
- He will then shoot out the middle platform, then repeat his earlier attack patterns.
- After you have hit him again, he will shoot out the side platforms as well, leaving you with very little room to stand.
- He will repeat his attack pattern.
- Stomp him again to defeat him.