There are 41 Trophies that can be earned in this title.
Show / Hide Guide Road Map
Overview: - Estimated Difficulty: xx/10, (Personal: 5/10) - Trophy Breakdown: 26 10 4 1 - Minimum Number of Playthroughs: 1 - Approximate time to Platinum: 10-20 Hours - Missable Trophies: 'The Collectationator!' - Glitched: None (That are known) - Difficulty Affect Trophies: No difficulty setting - Cheats: Yes, however they do not affect trophies.
Introduction: Numero dos. Jak II is the second installment of the Jak and Daxter franchise and brings more action, thrill, and excitement with it. In this game, the setting goes from the peaceful beaches and mountains to the totalitarian-formed Haven City. The city is on the brink of war and you have to find out why you’re there and how to get out. This one is more mission based than the first, and with the new technology it is easy to move about. There are guards now though, so don’t go punching or shooting anyone.
* Please Note: All trophies excluding the collectables are story related and cannot be missed. You must earn all of the trophies except for the collectables to complete the game. Each trophy is also marked with an asterisk (*), showing who will give you the mission. Trophies marked '* Situational' are on-the-spot quests that aren't specifically given by anybody.
Part 1): Play the game (7-14 hours) This game is mission based so the progression of the story depends on you completing the missions. Just go from one task to the next until you finish the game. Enjoy yourself, have a soda, maybe take a jog on a treadmill while you play if that floats your boat. You won’t have to worry about much anger except for a few select parts so relax.
Part 2): Precursor Orbs (3-6 hours) You may now be angry. The orbs in this game are hidden, and some have to be earned by completing side tasks. Quite frankly some of the tasks are harder than the main story, and the whole thing will take some time. I find it easier to just not touch any orbs and then use a guide to find all of the orbs in the area. It isn’t impossible to find them all on your own, or else guides wouldn’t be created in the first place, it just takes less time and is better for your patience.
[PS3T Would Like to Thank infavol for this Roadmap]
* Torn After saving Kor and the kid, he’ll reference you to Torn. When you talk to him, he’ll tell you to prove yourself by taking the Baron’s Banner from dead town. Head over there by following the waypoint on your map. Make your way to the objective marker and after a quick cut scene Torn will be impressed. The trophy is now yours.
*Torn Early in the game, Torn will give you the task of destroying the ammo in the Krimzon Guards’ fortress. When you go into the it you’ll be chased by a tank, attacked by guards, and fight more tanks. After getting the security pass, lead the tank to the rockets and get it to shoot them. This will destroy the ammo. When you complete the mission the trophy is earned.
* Krew When you meet Krew by delivering a package to him from Torn, he’ll ask you to help Sig out by watching his back while he kills metal heads at the pumping station. Meet him there, and just follow him around and fight baddies with him. When he spots a metal head, protect him from the monsters that jump out of the water. When you’ve killed the last one and he talks to you for a bit, you’ll receive the trophy.
This area is most likely Sentinel Beach due to its features and its proximity to Samos’ Hut.
* Krew After helping Sig, Krew wants you to destroy the turrets in the sewer in exchange for a weapon mod. Go to the entrance located in the industrial section and ride the elevator down. Just go through the sewer and punch the turrets when you get close enough. These are more annoying than the tank you went up against while getting the ‘Kaboom!’ trophy. Just jump side to side and you’ll get by without much damage. Destroy the last turret to get the trophy.
* Vin Right after saving him, Vin will explain that the eco supplies are dwindling. He tells you to go to the Drill Platform to destroy the Metal Head egg nests. To do this, you will need to use the mounted turrets to shoot at each batch. Whenever you use one, however, flying metal heads with jetpacks come out of the woodwork to attack you. There are 3 turrets with about 100 eggs in all. After destroying every batch of nests, you get the trophy. Go across the newly formed bridge to the portal to move on.
* Krew Krew needs some money. His “clients” are dropping some bags of it off at certain points and you have to pick them up. Fly in a zoomer and pick up all the bags of loot and bring it back to him for the trophy. Just before going into the slums, it’ll fake you out and turn left. Make sure to turn this way or else you’ll be too late and have to start over.
* Torn Torn needs you to help out one of the underground’s most important members. Go to the pumping station again and go down the path you took for the pump. Just before you get there, three lifts have been activated and take you up to her. After the scene, lots of metal heads will jump off a cliff to you. Pull out your rifle and keep shooting. After about 5 kills turn into Dark Jak and use dark blast (assuming you have it). Another scene will commence having to do with the plot, and the trophy will pop.
* Ashelin / Onin After rescuing Ashelin, she tells you to talk to Onin in the marketplace. When you meet her she tells you to collect three artifacts from the mountain temple. Go to the entrance and jump through the teleporter. Shoot the floating platform and ride down the elevator. From here you can turn left for one artifact, or go straight for the other two, it doesn’t matter what order you go in. The left path just has some metal heads to deal with, the middle center path has a metal head rhino and an avalanche of rocks, and the middle right path has; it’s your pick. Once you have collected all three, Pecker will talk to you and the trophy is yours.
This area is most likely Mountain Pass from the original game. Its feature match, including huge chasms and rocky cliffs.
* Vin Once you get back form your adventure destroying the eggs on the drill platform and saving Ashelin, you can talk to Vin about powering up the power lift to the Baron’s Palace. He explains how ‘super turbo laser cannons’ guard the power boxes and tells you that once you destroy them it will activate the lift. Just go to each one and give it a good punch. They are the turrets that pop out if the Krimzon Guard is chasing you so they should be familiar. Once they are destroyed you will receive the trophy.
* Situational After activating the power stations, go to the residential district to the elevator and ride it all the way to the top. Go across the Support Pillar of Doom until you get to the cut scene with the Baron and the trophy will appear.
* Situational After riding the elevator and crossing the support beam of doom, you’ll spy on Baron and Daxter will give you away, causing the Baron to get in a robot mech and attack you. There are three parts to the battle (as always) and the first is him shooting the regular Krimzon Guard Turret blast at you. Shoot him as he moves, and right as he starts and when he stops regenerating his shield. The second part consists of him targeting the ground beside you and firing missiles at that spot. Finally, he will form fiery tornadoes that follow you and then ram like a bull at you. Once he is down for the count you can find an elevator down to the base of the palace and get your trophy.
* Shadow (Young Samos) The first time you meet Young Samos he needs you to free his forest of Metal Head Scouts. Go to the Mountain Temple and hop on the glowing platform, it will take you there. Hop on the Jet Board and chase down those scouts. This is pretty nostalgic of the first game in the Precursor Basin, and considering Mountain Temple might be the future version of it, it fits well. As in the first one you need to chase down these flying baddies until you hit and tackle them. They are less snappy than the original game and are therefore easier to catch. When all five have been taken care of the trophy will pop.
This area is most likely the Precursor Basin from the original game. It’s features somewhat match and go in line with the Mountain Temple being Mountain Pass.
* Krew In the south district of Haven City, there is a transport waiting for you after,. Jump in and when you get to the Dig Site got forward toward the elevator. Go down and kill the guards and walk in to the cave. I recommend killing all of the guards before worrying about the support beams. Ignore Daxter for a minute and go to each platform and take care of the guards. Once you think they’re dead, hop on your JET-Board and grind the railing to break off the support beams. Once you’ve broken all 24, Krew will talk with you and you’ll receive the trophy.
This area is most likely the Volcanic Crater from the original game. Its features match well and its location somewhat matches.
* Keira Once you find out who has been behind the curtain at the stadium, (if it hasn’t been obvious), that person will explain that to get back into the palace you must win the Class 1 Race, but in order to do that you must win the qualifiers. After you’re done talking, head over to the other side of the stadium and enter. Turn left and hop onto the zoomer to start the race. You must complete 5 laps and come in first place to win. The only suggestion I have is to jump the gap when you go under the stadium by boosting with (O) and jumping with (R1).
* Vin As usual, Vin is paranoid about people killing him, and thinks Praxis set him up because eco wells being unused. He wants you to destroy them, but Daxter being Daxter activates the bombs all at once so you only have 2 minutes to destroy all 6 wells. Start out be getting on your JET-Board and heading strait. Slide up the support beam and grind to the right onto where you saved Vin earlier. Destroy that well, and then turn right and jump down onto the ledge overlooking the metal head eggs. Go up that path and jump the gap to the 2nd well. Jump down to the 3rd in the middle of the area, then to the 4th on the left hillside. The 5th is on the hill across from that, and the final well is at the end of the conveyer belt from the 5th. A good time stamp it getting to the 3rd well by one minute. Once they blow the trophy comes up.
* Kor Right after you get back from blowing up the eco wells, Kor tells you to destroy a shipment of eco that the Baron is using. Hop back into the portal and go to your left. If you’ll notice, this is where you finished destroying the metal head egg nests. Get into the turret and get ready, this one is annoying. You’ll have to sit on a track with no protection while you shoot at 45 guards and no way of healing. AIM AIM AIM. Do not just swing your shots so that you hit most of the enemies, kill a group at a time and don’t hold down on the trigger because the gun will overheat. Once you kill the 40 on the counter, you’ll be dropped off to kill a couple of spinner metal heads and get some ammo. Then you get to destroy the first half of the ship. There’s only 3 guards that fly around if you keep shooting at the ship’s turrets as they appear. Once it blows up you’ll be dropped off again. Climb around and up the ramp to ANOTHER turret on the tracks, but don’t worry, it’s the last one. It’s now the right side of the ship’s turn to party, and this time there are more guards that fly around. Same song different verse, and when you’re done the trophy will pop.
There is a Lurker Totem that was found back at the Dig. Krew wants you to go and retrieve a piece of the Seal of Mar from it. Go to the transport again in the south district and go down the same elevator as you did before. This time the area is crawling with metal heads and a new part has opened up. Your goal is to find 5 buttons hidden around the area to push up a log to let you reach the final area. When you find them, smash them by jumping and then quickly diving . When all 5 are activated go to the log and jump up. Get on your JET-Board and carefully traverse over the lava, and swing in to the cave. Make your way up the planks while dodging the massive spike balls, and you’ll find the totem. During the cut scene you’ll get the trophy.
* Torn The Baron has issued 5 new ‘Hellcat’ Cruisers to put a stop to the Underground. Torn has lost five men, and now wants you to destroy them. Hop on a zoomer and equip the Vulcan Barrel. Fire at the first Hellcat until it blows up. (The Hellcats are a blue, heavy Krimzon guard cruiser). After that, go to the industrial sector and destroy the two there, then back into the slums and finish the remaining two. Once done, you’ll be thanked by Torn and given the trophy.
* Onin Onin will give you the final test to reveal the final piece of the Seal of Mar. To get it, you must play a mini-game where you press either or as they appear and get 400 point. Once you have collected all of the pieces to the Seal of Mar, you can go to the Mountain Temple and activate the door that needs the Seal. When you open the door, go down the path and get on your JET-Board. Grind with on the beams, and jump over the light fissures. When you make it to the other side, turn left through the doorway and go down the path until you reach the mechanisms. There will be a cut scene, a pretty interesting one, and pecker will speak with you as the trophy pops. Go back from where you came to exit.
When you enter the Tomb of Mar, Kor, Young Samos and the Kid’ll meet you. After a cut scene, you’re thrust in to take the Test of Manhood. Go down until you reach the water and get on your JET-Board. Take the test to the right first. This side includes beetles with patterns on their bellies that must be hit in a group of non-patterned beetles. Hit all three with a pattern to move on. In between challenges are pools of water with electricity, much like in the original game’s Lost Precursor City. There is also a variation of Gol and Maia’s Citadel from the first game where you must jump on a colored square in order to get to the next button. The final challenge is a matching game of samples of music on tombstones. Hit a tombstone and find the matching one to take them away. Once you have completed this side, you’ll activate a beam of energy toward the large door adorned with The Seal of Mar. Jump off the ledge and head toward the other side. This side has a large dark eco pit. Jump on the first step when the spikes are down, then jump up to the next one while they are up on it so that by the time you’re ready to climb over the spike will be down. Jump from pole to ledge to pole until you run out of space. Ride down the mini-elevator and hit the button. The steps now move from side to side, so just jump to the next one whenever they meet. Swing the poles again, and hit the other button. Go down another elevator, and descend the steps. After a quick little cut scene you will control Daxter, and in a classic Naughty Dog style, Crash Bandicoot themed chase, you will run from the giant boulder now chasing you. It’s not a very long chase, but just when you think it’s over, the mommy of all those spiders you’ve been killing along the way shows up, and she’s not happy. Start running away again, and this time watch out for baby spiders hitting you. You’ll hit the end of the tunnel and the camera will zoom overhead. Use the trampolines to jump up onto the ledge and start going up. Once you make it to the top, run down the tunnel just a bit more and escape the spider. You will take control of Jak again and you can continue the adventure. (Don’t worry; we meet back up with Daxter later). Jump some more gaps and swing some more poles to press the other button to activate the last beam to open the door to Mar’s final resting place and the Precursor Stone. When the door opens the trophy will be yours forever.
After the dastardly Tests of Manhood, you can enter Mar’s final resting place. You meet back up with Daxter, and talk with a statue of Mar…. too bad the Baron gets in on the party. He’ll start by dropping little robot spiders (seems to be a theme here) so get out the scattergun and finish them. He then drops bombs; these are important. Stand next to one and face him, then punch it in his direction to damage him. When he gets to yellow he’ll shoot across the platform you’re standing on, just duck behind the pillars lining across the platform. When he gets to red he’ll get off the statue and use the Precursor Stone to blast the platform away section by section. Use the bombs to hit him still, but be mindful of the gaps, or else you’ll get trapped. Another tip: when he drops the bombs stay behind a pillar so that his shots won’t hit you as he sweeps past. When he loses all his health, he’ll blow up, but just like last time he manages to escape in his pod, leaving you Precursor Stone-less. As you exit you’ll get the trophy.
* Torn After going through Mar's Tomb, Torn tells you that some of the Underground has been captured. You must now go and rescue them from the fortress.[/spoiler] When you get to the fortress, go up the steps and through the gate to a path of a bunch of Krimzon Guards and their Captains. Kill all of them first, then jump on the buttons they were standing on to open the next gate. In the next area, you see your friendly neighborhood target turrets. They will lock onto you and shoot you and there’s no escape. Jump on the first turret and make your way across the room. Go into the pit and turn right, the opening is above you. Go past these turrets on the JET-Board, dodge the guards from above, and get past the last two turrets to get to your buddies. Watch the cut scene until it shows the first friend and the trophy will appear.
* Yound and Old Samos 3 bomb bots are zeroing in the hideout. Go to the industrial sector and take out the first two. Use the Vulcan Barrel and just spray them down until you hear the beeping, which means BACK AWAY. Once those two are done, go back to the slums and cut off the last one. Use what’s left of your Vulcan and then switch to the blaster. If you skipped ahead a bit and got the final weapon, just keep in mind that it doesn’t do much. Once all are destroy you get the trophy.
* Keira Just like the first race, you must complete 5 laps and finish in first, the only twist is that you race as Daxter the time. There is another jump that you can take rather than going the long way, but it is a bit more dangerous at there are poles in the way, and even if you nick it your engine will be smoking. When Daxter, Keira and Tess are celebrating you receive your trophy.
* Krew As it turns out, the statue of Mar you found in the sewer has another artifact that Krew needs. Go back with 3 of Krew’s men and traverse the sewer. All is great until you get ambushed. After battling the metal heads for about a minute or two and killing a good amount of baddies, you can go on into the statue room. After a cut scene where Jak gets a bit grumpy, the trophy will dance on your screen. After this mission, head to the gun range to get the final weapon. It is a Peace Maker
* Kor This is your last trip to the drill platform. As soon as you get back from destroying the metal head eggs at the strip mine for Vin, Kor wants you to go to the drill platform and destroy the control tower, which will stop the Baron’s use of eco. Jump into the portal, and take control of the Titan Suit. Bust down the door and go down the elevator. Make your way through the station until you get to the tower. Bust out the controls and run back toward the elevator. Get all the way out to the portal before time runs out to escape. The trophy pops after Kor speaks with you on the communicator.
* Keira / Samos This is the final race. Winner takes all. Championship. Your only opponent is Erol, Krimzon Guard Commander and undisputed Grand Champion of Speed Racing. He is the one to beat since all the other racers are stir-fry. Use the shortcuts to your advantage, as they will give you the upper hand. None of the racers use them, even Erol, so you can catch up or get ahead quickly. Note: racers do not come back if they die. I managed to push Erol into the hole and it was smooth sailing from there. After the cut scene when you leave the trophy (in its goldness) will present itself.
* Ashelin After touring the Palace, Ashelin agrees to meet you at the Weapons Lab and gives you a Black Security Pass to access it. Go to the transport one last time and head inside. The layout is straightforward but is pretty difficult. My only advice it to shoot before the enemy does, and switch to the Vulcan when balled up robots come. See ‘Who Knew Krew Blew?’ for the next part.
* Situational When you finally get through the Lab you will ride an elevator up to Krew. He advises Jak to leave but he refuses, thus, the battle begins. This is a very easy boss on paper, but can be extremely annoying at times. I have had instances where I am killed due to damage one bar after another after another. I have also defeated Krew at the same time he killed me. Be patient. Use the scattergun and round up the mini-lightning Krews, and shoot a couple of times into the crowd. Once you’ve killed all of them, Krew himself comes out to play. Get in his view to make him start shooting then duck behind a support beam to dodge it. Switch to the blaster and keep hitting him so that he can’t fire again. Rinse and repeat until he spins around and goes down for the count. You’ll pick up the Heart of Mar, and Ashelin will pick you up to take you back inside the city. Once you’re on the ground both the ‘I Heart Heart’ trophy and this trophy will pop.
* Tess After getting the Time Map from the Whack-a-Metal-Head Game, Tess tells you that Sig was sent to the underport to open a door with the ruby key. Go to the underport entrance, ride down the elevator, and jump in the Titan Suit. Most of the time in the Titan Suit will be underwater. There are beams of light with bubbles for air, and the amount of air you have is shown to the right. Watch out for mines and the squid-like metal heads that reside in the water. Go through until you reach a drainage chamber and get out of the Titan Suit. Roll jump over the gap by rolling then jumping while in the roll . You will get the trophy while talking with Sig.
* Torn / Ashelin (and the world) After all of this, the war, the plot twists, and the witty comments, it’s time for Jak to go to the Metal Head Nest. Get on the transport to be taken to the wasteland. Fight your way to Mar’s Gun, which is essentially a giant photon cannon of awesomeness. He will blow the nest open, and you’ll travel inside. After navigating to the center, you’ll come up against the Metal Head Leader. (No spoiler here). When you start to fight him the trophy will appear.
This is the final mission. This is where Jak’s destiny is discovered and put to the test. Start by destroying a couple of the eggs he drops, then start to aim for him every now and again. He’ll shoot an eco blast at you, and the little metal heads are on your tail the entire time. After he turns yellow, jetpack metal heads come. Get rid of them first so that you don’t get killed right off the bat. He will also now shoot two beams instead of one. When he turns red, he’ll drop off his support ropes and chase you. He also shoots three beams if you hadn’t guessed. If he crouches down it means a blast is coming your way so jump as it passes you. Also, don’t get too close or he’ll hit you. Use any gun as best as you can and try not to get hit. When he is defeated there is an anticlimactic blowing up of him. At the beginning of the final cut scene this trophy will be yours.
Throughout the game, there will be enemies known as metal heads that, when killed, drop a skull gem. It is a glowing yellow orb that bounces around. If you pick up all of the ones you see when fight metal heads, you’ll have this trophy by the end of the game. When you have collectively picked up 510 the trophy will pop. Note: You need 525 skull gems to receive all of the Dark Jak powers from the Oracle.
* Missable Throughout the game, there are hidden precursor orbs scattered about the world. They aren’t greatly hidden but are not in plain sight either. You can also receive orbs for completing side missions from Torn, beating gun range courses, and receiving the highscore on hoverboarding. When you get all 286 this somewhat annoying trophy is put on your checklist. NOTE: Missable Orbs There are 7 orbs that can only be found one time and one time only. These are at the Metal Head nest at the end of the game, so once you beat it there is no going back. The only way to get them if you miss them is to restart the entire game. Video for Nest Orbs: