Guide By: legndorock
There are 17 Trophies that can be earned in this title.
Show / Hide Guide Road Map
-Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 2/10
-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 5-6 Hours
-Offline: 12 ( 7, 4, 1)
-Minimum Number Of Playthroughs Needed: 1
-Missable trophies: None
-Do cheats block trophies?: None available
Step 1: Complete Auburn Pines
Complete all the quests you can in the area before you leave and you'll be good to go for the 100%. Going through this step is straight forward. You'll only earn 2 trophies by the end of this step but you should be working towards all of them in this step in some way whether it be getting the costumes or completing the quests. By the end of this section you should have the trophies Downsized! and Battle Buds.
Step 2: Complete Autumn Haven Mall
This step is just as straightforward as the last one. Complete this area making sure to have all of the quests completed is all you have to do in this step. You'll only earn a single trophy in this section but like the last step you'll be getting closer to other trophies. By the end of this section you should have earned the trophy Dozer Dodger.
Step 3: Complete Falls Valley and clean up
In this step you'll finally start earning some trophies. Complete all the quests in this area just like you have with the last two and continue through the game until you beat Mextel for the second time. Continue through and you'll see Dorsilla there. Stop there and make sure you have everything. By the end of this section you should have have the following items and completed the following things:
All 54 cards
23/24 battle stamps
Every quest should be completed except the quest for the final battle.
Step 4: Beat the game
Once you have everything that I mentioned in the previous step you're ready to go over that ramp. Jump over it and enter the final battle. Beat the final battle and you'll beat the game and get your 100%. See Sweet Justice for tips on the final battle.
[PS3T Would Like to Thank Legndorock for this Roadmap]
Grubbins on Ice DLCOverview: -Estimated Trophy Difficulty:
2/10 -Approximate amount of time to 100%:
1-2 Hours -Offline:
0 Minimum Number Of Playthroughs Needed:
1 -Missable trophies:
None -Do cheats block trophies?:
[PS3T Would Like to Thank Legndorock for this DLC Overview]
|Defeat a monster in combat with a friend by your side.|| |
After you start the game traverse the first small section of your neighborhood. You'll eventually make it to a roadblock that's formed by two fellow trick or treaters fighting. You're first companion is the little boy in the knight costume. Talk to the two boys as they fight there and eventually you will pick a fight with the boy in the mummy costume, Travis.
All you need to do is outrun Travis. Running will not get the job done and you will need to use your costume's special ability to outrun him. To use this particular costume's ability hold and move with . Follow the path that the friendly trick or treaters lead you on until you outrun him. The boy that Travis was fighting is named Everett and he will join your party after you talk to him.
The roadblock will also be open and now that you have a buddy to fight with you'll need to find a monster to fight. Directly after the roadblock continue to follow that road for a second and the first house on your right is a monster. Defeat it and at the end of the battle you'll receive the trophy.
|Use the Robot Costume to boost off of 15 different ramps.|| (5) |
First let's talk about how to boost jump. While you're exploring the map you'll need to be in the robot costume. The robot's special navigation ability is that when you hold you ride on roller skates rather than run. Not only does this ability allow you to traverse the map faster but it also allows you to go over ramps to get to places you wouldn't be able to get to otherwise.
There is no need to rush and get this trophy because by exploring around in the game you'll get this trophy but if for some reason you just can't wait there's a good spot to go off jumps. This needs to be done on 15 different ramps so going off the same one multiple times won't get you the trophy. There are enough ramps in the game where you don't need to worry about it if you explore all the areas to the fullest. You should get this by the time you finish the corn maze in Fall Valley. Once you go over your 15th ramp you'll unlock the trophy.
|Do the Monster Bash|
|Get the jump on 10 different monsters by pail bashing them to initiate combat.|| |
You'll first be able to do this after you trick or treat every house in the entire first area of the neighborhood. Meaning you'll need to knock on the door of all 20 houses. Once that's done the main gate that your sister was initially thrown over will open up. Follow down that path and you'll see an enemy out in the open with his back turned. Make sure that you don't walk into his line of sight and sneak up behind him. Hit him with your trick or treat pail by pushing . This will initiate battle and start the enemy off with a nice chunk of damage taken. From here on out every area you go to will have enemies out in the open for you to sneak up on. If you see that they've taken damage at the very start of the battle you'll know that you've done it right. Do it 9 more times to obtain the trophy.
To make this trophy easier you can wait until you get the ninja costume. This costume's special ability allows you to move unseen and walk right out in front of enemy without having them see you. Use this ability by pressing . You can use it to your advantage by holding and then walking around behind the enemy giving you a 100% chance of success. To find out how to get the ninja costume read the description to Dressed to Quest.
|Dressed to Quest|
|Acquire 5 Costumes.|| |
The following is how to acquire each costume:
- Robot: This is the costume you start out with. You'll get it right after you choose your character.
- Knight: After you save Everett from Travis you'll not only destroy the roadblock and get Everett but you'll also receive Everett's costume, the Knight.
- Statue of Liberty: This is the first costume where you'll actually need to find the materials. The first piece is in the sewer system. You'll find the sewer system down the street from the patriotic costume party. You'll need to switch to the knight costume. Once you switch to the costume hold to shield your costumes from the water and walk through. As soon as you enter the sewers there's a pathway to your right marked by a green light, go down it. There's a coffin down this path, open it to get the cloth. Follow the sewer down further and exit by way of the ladder that is conveniently placed at the end. Once you get out there will be a kid in an Abraham Lincoln costume standing there next to a ramp. Talk to him so that he moves out of the way and then proceed to go over the ramp with your robot costume's roller skate ability. Go left once you go over the initial ramp to go over another ramp that leads you to a coffin. Inside the coffin is the cardboard. Continue to follow the path to another kid in an Abraham Lincoln costume. Talk to her and she'll give you the feather duster, the final part of the costume.
Autumn Haven Mall:
- Astronaut: This is a story related costume that you're required to get. When you get to the mall area follow the path until you get to the area where all the people that are on the platform past the police officer. Talk to all 3 people in the area and each will give you a different piece of the costume.
- Ninja: This is another story related costume that you can't miss. In the arcade there is a secret passageway that opens up once you defeat the monsters inside of the arcade. Defeating BoJonn in the arcade will get you the scarf. You must defeat him to open up the passageway anyway. Inside the passage you'll meet Lucy who joins your party and also gives you the sweatpants for the costume. The final piece is the rope and it's given to you by the conductor of the railway that goes around the mall. Once you get back his train car by reaching the end of the passageway and defeating the enemies inside he'll give you the rope.
- Unicorn: This costume is probably the hardest to find in the game and it's hard to explain where the pieces are so below is a video showing you how to obtain the costume. Thanks ScathingAccuracy for the video.
- Fries: This is also a story related costume. There is a French Fry stand run by a man named Chip located near the row homes in Fall Valley. Talk to him and he'll give you the costume.
- Black cat: You'll earn this costume after completing the Creepy Treat Card Collection. You complete this quest by owning every single card. See Decked Out for more information on how to obtain these cards.
- Pumpkin: Each piece of the costume is given to you by a scarecrow located in each of the 3 areas. The first scarecrow is located in the Auburn Pines graveyard. Talk to him and he'll give you the paper mache. The second scarecrow is located east of the costume contest in the Autumn Haven Mall. He'll give you the orange paint. The third and final scarecrow is located in the woods behind the carnival in Falls Valley. To get there you'll need to have beaten the carnival part of the area by liberating the ferris wheel. This scarecrow will give you the leaves.
- Vampire: This is another hard costume to find. The first piece is easy though. The scary fangs are found behind a railing on the west side of the ferris wheel. For the other two pieces you'll need to beat the enemies on the ferris wheel so that you can continue towards the corn maze. As soon as you go through the first dark corridor right after you get past the ferris wheel walk north. Keep walking until you reach the stone fence that separates you with the small town where you trick or treated. Now walk east and you'll find a cave entrance. The black cloth is found in that cave. The final piece is located down a path that's just south of the final scarecrow. Follow the path and you'll get the white make-up.
- Grubbin: This is a story related costume. In the corn field maze after you rescue all 3 of the good grubbins you'll receive this costume from the grubbin that is located near the front entrance to the maze, near the big tree..
|The Last Gourdian|
|Acqure the Pumpkin Costume.|| |
See Dressed to Quest
|Master of Disguise|
|Use every Costume Ability in battle.|| |
Every costume has their own unique ability that they earn in combat every 3rd turn. Some of them do damage, some protect allies and others heal allies. There are a total of 10 costumes that you can use in battle and they all have special abilities. To use these special abilities you'll need to wait 2 turns and then press instead of to attack. You can switch your costume while traversing the world map by holding and going to the costume you want. Once your cursor is over it press and your costume will change. You can change your allies costumes by holding to open the costume member and then pressing to scroll through the party members. Use each costume ability once to earn the trophy.
For the location of each costume see Dressed to Quest.
|Beat BoJonn in battle.|| |
BoJonn is located through the gate where your sister was first thrown over. Once you get through the normal enemies you'll see their overseer, BoJonn. He doesn't pose much of a challenge if you know the right strategy. Once you get into the fight destroy his megaphone as soon as possible. If you don't he will use it to call in reinforcements which complicates the battle and makes it go from an easy one to a very hard one. Once his megaphone is destroyed focus your attacks on him. Use your special abilities when necessary and continue to beat up on him. There's really not much to this battle and when you beat him you'll receive the trophy.
|Defeat Mextel in battle.|| |
You'll find Mextel at the end of the Dungeon Mall after you trick or treat at every store in the mall. Once you've trick or treated at all the stores ride the railway that travels around the mall. This railway will take you to the entrance of one of the enemy's gates. Ride the railway once more to go through the gate and get to Mextel.
This is another fight that isn't hard if you know what you're doing. I suggest you use the following costumes:
Unicorn/Statue of Liberty
The reason I suggest the following costumes is the robot is going to be your main attacker. Put on a battle stamp that gives him more attack power. The unicorn/statue of liberty will act as the healers. Choose one or the other but not both. I would personally go for the unicorn because it gives a lot of HP to one person rather than a small amount to everyone so it works better for this battle. Finally pick either the ninja or the knight. These characters will act as the defense of the team. Using their special abilities they can either defend against an attack or dodge one for an ally of your choosing. The defenders are the key to this battle so make sure to have a party member in either one of those costumes.
At the start of the battle Mextel will be riding his bull dozer so continue to attack him until his bull dozer is gone. He has a special attack with his bull dozer that you will need to be careful of however. During the battle a party member will say something along the lines of "He's looking at me pretty funny" or "I think he's targeting me" you get the idea. This is where you use the special abilities of your defender. Use it on the ally that said that line and he'll survive and if you don't he'll take a devastating amount of damage. That's where the healers come in. If for whatever reason you can't protect the targeted ally simply heal them and you'll be back in the fight.
Once you destroy his bull dozer he'll fight on foot. He has another attack where he targets a single ally and like his bull dozer attack it can deal a massive amount of damage. Follow the same strategy however and you'll beat him easily.
Once you beat Mextel you'll earn the trophy.
|Complete the game.|| |
There are 3 areas to the game. This should be the last trophy that you get in the game unless you want to go through another playthrough. Go through the corn field maze to get to the final boss. Below I'll tell you who that boss is and how to defeat him because it's the hardest fight in the game.
Big bones is your final boss and he's, well, HUGE! He hits hard and he hits multiple party members at the same time. I beat him way under leveled but it was a pain in the butt so I suggest that you go into this fight at level 10 or higher because any lower than that and you'll get pretty frustrated. The following is the strategy I used with an under leveled party so works even better if you're at level 10.
You should have the pumpkin, ninja and Statue of Liberty in your party. If any of these 3 are absolutely essential I would say it's the pumpkin. The pumpkin's special ability does massive damage to big Bones and not having that extra damage can make or break the battle.
Big bones has the same attack strategy throughout the entire fight. He has 2 attacks in his first form. One is he swipes you with his scythe hitting the entire party and the other is a really powerful attack aimed at one member. Every 3 turns he will use his powerful attack. Before he uses this attack you should use the ninja's special ability to protect the party member with the lowest HP at the time. After his powerful attack that's when you use the Statue of Liberty's anthem ability to heal the entire party. Rinse and repeat this process until you reach his second form.
Once he gets down to 1000 HP he'll eat more candy and he'll have one attack. His attack is an attack that targets one member and it's just as powerful as his most powerful attack from last form. Some party members could die while fighting him in this form but keep doing the same strategy as before and you should outlast him.
Once you defeat him you'll unlock your trophy.
|Complete all Quests in the game.|| |
The following are all the quests in each area:
- Robot Repair
- Programmed for Protection
- Pie for the Potterpam
- The Patriot's Party
- These Tombstones Aren't Styrofoam
- Suburbs Bobbing for Apples
- Auburn Pines Hide 'n' Seek
- This Card is So Rare
- Suburbs Collect 'em All
Autumn Haven Mall
- Tickets for Treats
- Earn Your Monster Slayer Badge
- The Mall-O-Rail is Broken!
- The Dark Side of the Mall
- Extreme Costume Challenge!
- This Card is Rarer
- Mall Collect 'em All
- Mall Bobbing For Apples
- Mall Hide 'n' Seek
- The Original Costume Quest
- All's Fair That Ends Fare
- Children of the High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Fall Valley Hide 'n' Seek
- Fall Valley Bobbing For Apples
- This Card is the Rarest
- Fall Valley Collect 'em All
There are also story quests for each area that are not logged in your notebook. These quests are not missable however so don't worry about them. Make sure to complete all the quests that are logged in the notebook before you fight the final boss because you won't be able to go back once you try to fight him. If you've missed a quest in an area you can teleport to the area where you missed it by using the mummy sarcophagus. You'll earn this trophy when you defeat the final boss because that is you're final quest in the game.
|All Decked Out|
|Collect all Creepy Treat Cards.|| |
You collect Creepy Treat Cards by defeating monsters and completing quests. You'll need to complete all the Collect 'em All and Rare Card quests to get this trophy. You'll also need to kill a little more than 20 enemies in each area. You can check the amount of cards you have in your notebook by pressing and pushing to scroll through the menu until you get to your card book. The cards are divided into 3 pages, 1 for each area. If you've completed all the quests in an area and you're still missing a few cards simply go back to that area and kill a few more monsters until they drop the cards that you need. You'll unlock this trophy when you earn the final card.
|They'll Be Worth A Lot Someday|
|Collect all Battle Stamps.|| |
You'll receive battle stamps from a little girl named Sadie that sells them, quests and from some battles. The battles are story related and you can see which ones you get from quests by looking at the trophy description for Mask-O'-Raider. Sadie will sell them at a stand that she runs in each area. Each area she sells more and more battle stamps that are not only more powerful but are more expensive. You'll buy these stamps with candy that you earn. The following are the locations of Sadie:
Auburn Pines: She has her stand set up in the park near the bobbing for apples minigame and the teacher's bake sale.
Autumn Haven Mall: She's in a store on the first floor of the mall. It's located as far left as you can go and it's the only store you can actually enter.
Fall Valley: She's located by the row homes near the river just past the small dock.
She restocks with some new stamps as you progress through each area. Every stamp she has will be able to be bought once you trick the bird in the corn field maze with your grubbin costume.
So you're near the end of the game and you have all but one stamp. By this point you're probably thinking something along the lines of "Dang that LegndoRock I followed what he said and I'm STILL missing one!" Don't worry you're not missing one. You get the last stamp at the end of the game, it's not missable. After you fight Dorsilla you'll receive the final stamp.
|DLC: Grubbins on Ice|
|Cost: 4.99 Trophies: 5|
|Acquire the Eyeball Costume.|| |
To get the costume you'll first need to find the costume pattern. Starting from the secret cave entrance travel south and you'll see an opening in a fence. Go through it and you'll come to a crossroads with 3 different paths. Take the middle path that goes through another opening in the fence. Travel to the end of the path and in the treasure chest you'll receive the pattern for the costume. Now that you have the pattern the following is where you find the actual costume pieces.
Go back to that crossroads that you were just at before you picked up the costume pattern and go on the path that's on the right. If you picked the right one you should be walking along the green river. Drop down onto the wooden pathways and follow them. You'll eventually reach a zip line. Use the pirate costume to ride the zip line and get across the gap. Once you get across enter the cave at the end of the path and continue through the path. The wire mesh is located in that cave.
The next piece is in another cave. To get to this cave go to where you used the zip line for the last piece but don't use the zip line this time. Instead continue down the walkway and enter the cave at the bottom. In this cave you'll find the track suit.
The final piece is on a platform on the side of the cliff. Go to the Grubbin monster door and once there ride against the southern most fence. There's a break in the fence that leads down to the platform. Drop down to receive the crepe paper.
Once you get all 3 pieces you'll complete the costume and earn the trophy.
|Use the Pirate hook on 5 unqiue ziplines.|| |
- The first grapple is located in the Grubbin village. It's right next to the treasure chest where you get the eye patch. It will take you from one side of the green river to the other.
- The second is the zip line you used to get the wire mesh for the eyeball costume. It's on the pathways that run along the green river south of the secret cave.
- The third is a required zip line. It's a zip line that's located near the Grubbin monster door on top of the tower. The entrance is a wooden pathway that you can't miss if you're by the Grubbin monster door. This is required when you are completing the quest Grubbin Lovin'.
- The fourth is the only zip line in the Trowbog part of the DLC. Near the Trowbog monster door there is a wooden pathway. At the end of the pathway is the fourth zip line. This zip line is required for the quest Tome of the Trowbogs.
- The fifth is located in the Crestwailers part of the DLC. Go to the most south east corner of the area after you start The Case of the Missing Yeti quest. Go through the cave and come out of the other entrance and the zip line is right there. This is a required zip line.
- After you finish using the yeti costume to finish the festival you'll fine a pathway to the east that leads up to another zip line. This zip line will take you back down into the Crestwailer town.
- The final zip line is required. This zip line is after the Crestwailer gate at the very top of the snowy hill. You need to use this zip line to get to the final area of the game.
|Defeat Araxia in battle.|| |
The last thing you do in the game is fight Araxia. You'll need to help every type of monster and get through their main gate to get to Araxia. The fight is the hardest fight in the DLC and possibly the entire game without proper strategy but lucky for you I'll tell you the strategy that makes you almost invincible.
First thing's first and that's the costumes you're going to use. You're going to be using the robot and yeti costumes for sure but the third costume is up to you. I personally used the ninja for some extra attack power but you could also use the unicorn for healing purposes though you shouldn't need to heal at all. Now onto the stamps. For the robot use the Skeleton of the Wolf stamp since he's your main attack and it doubles his attack power. For the yeti use Galvanized Mummy Gauze because with this on he hardly gets hurt. You'll need the yeti to stay alive because his special ability is extremely important in this battle but I'll get to that later. On the ninja/unicorn use Multi-Winged Vampire Bat as your party's healing source. You'll gain enough health from this stamp that you shouldn't need a healing costume but if you want to stay on the safe side you can use one.
Now onto the battle strategy. You'll be fighting both Araxia and Big Bones in this battle. Big Bones doesn't attack every turn however. Once a piece of candy drops into his mouth he'll be reenergized and he'll attack you on his next turn. His attack does devastating damage to the entire party but that's where the yeti comes in. Use the yeti's special ability to protect the entire party and basically nullify his attack. Now that you know how to survive Big Bone's attack you'll only need to worry about Araxia.
Araxia doesn't have any powerful attacks and he does the same attack over and over. His attack isn't that strong so it isn't anything to worry about. Every 1000 HP or so he'll fly up in there air. Your attacks won't do any damage to him when he's in this state but every time you hit him he'll fly backwards. Hit him 3 times and he'll get hit into Big Bones and when he lands he'll be able to get hit again. Keep attacking him and you'll be good to go. Near the end of the battle he'll stop flying up and instead he'll heal himself. If you have all of your party members still (which you should, you're practically invincible) you can make quick work of him. Once you defeat Araxia you'll win the battle and you'll earn your trophy.
|Complete all quests in Repugia.|| |
The quest list is as follows:
Hook, Line & Freethinker
Tome of the Trowbogs
The Case of the Missing Yeti
Save The Escapees
Bobbing for Eyeballs
This Card is Ultra Rare
Repugia Collect 'em All
After playing the main game you should have no trouble at all with these quests because there's nothing outrageously new. All the side quests are earned by bobbing for eyeballs and collecting cards. After you complete all of these quests beat the final boss to beat the last quest and earn the trophy.
|Find the mysterious visitor in the cliffs of Repugia.|| |
Hey there's nothing wrong with a little self promotion because that's the reason that this trophy is in the game. To get this trophy you'll need to find Charlie who just so happens is a character in Double Fine's next PSN project. Short Stack can be found in one of the many caves that are all throughout Repugia. This cave however can only be entered through one entrance and it's hidden well if you don't know where to look.
The cave entrance is just south of the area where you talk to the Trowbog Elder. Go down the wooden walkway and jump over the 2 ramps that go over the fence in the area. You'll know you're in the right spot when Everett makes a comment about his peripheral vision or viewing the area from a satellite. He's implying that you should use the new eye costume's ability to see from a zoomed out view. If you use this ability you will clearly see the platform on the side of the cliff. If you don't feel like using the ability then simply walk between the two big cacti that cover up a broken part in the fence and you'll fall right on the platform. Enter the cave and Charlie is straight ahead next to the mine car. Talk to him and you'll receive the trophy.