Trophy guide

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

*** NOTE: ALL TROPHIES CAN BE UNLOCKED ON ANY DIFFICULTY ***

TROP002.PNG Chain Struggle - Win a match using a Chain Struggle icon_trophy_silver.gif

Simple enough, just use your finisher to win a match. You need to reach grapply level 3 and then press X and square to do your finisher.

TROP003.PNG Tag Chain Struggle - Win a match using a Tag Chain Struggle icon_trophy_silver.gif

This is the same as the singles match chain strugle trophy except that you need to be in a tag team match. When you go for your finisher it will automatically do the tag team finisher as long as your partner is on the apron. You will see all four buttons appear on screen during the move, press any button when they light up and it will do the move, otherwise they won't do it and you won't get the trophy.

TROP004.PNG Grapplemania - Win a match using only grapple attacks icon_trophy_silver.gif

Simply make sure you only use grapples (X button) during the match. You can't use your finisher.

TROP005.PNG Technician - Win by using five or more reversals in a single match icon_trophy_silver.gif

You do reversals by holding away from the opponent and pressing triangle when they go to do a move. Easiest way to get it is to hold away from them at the beginning of a match and keep spamming triangle until you've shoved them away for the reversal five times. Make sure you win the match or it won't unlock.

TROP006.PNG Royal Rumble Winner - Win a 30-Man Royal Rumble icon_trophy_gold.gif

Easiest way to do this is to set it on easy and come in as number 30.

TROP007.PNG Dive Attack - Successfully perform a dive attack from all four corners icon_trophy_silver.gif

Walk over to a turnbuckle and hold towards it and double tap circle to climb. Press square to do a diving attack from the turnbuckle when you're on it. Repeat from all four corners and it'll unlock during the match as soon as you've done it.

TROP008.PNG First Medal - Obtain a medal in WrestleMania Tour Mode icon_trophy_silver.gif

You get a medal for each Relive, Rewrite and Redefine match you do, so just complete one of these matches and you'll get the trophy. I did this at the same time as Memory Serves Me Well.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/88/009.jpg Medal Collector - Obtain all of the medals in WrestleMania Tour Mode icon_trophy_gold.gif

TROP010.PNG WrestleMania Tour - Clear all "Relive" matches in WrestleMania Tour Mode icon_trophy_gold.gif

TROP011.PNG Memory Serves Me Well - Complete any match without pausing in the "Relive" section of WrestleMania Tour Mode icon_trophy_silver.gif

Not too tricky, I just wrote down the criteria for the first match and did it. You have to go into the Relive section to do this. The first match you can do is Hogan vs Bundy in a cage, so here are the criteria you have to complete (can be done in any order but I did them in this order):-

- Win the knuckle chain battle at the beginning of the match (just press the right buttons in the opening section of the match)

- Irish whip Bundy into the cage (hold away from him and tap X to Irish whip him into the cage)

- Get up while Bundy attempts to leave the cage through the door (let him beat you up for a bit and then once he has you down he'll attempt to escape, you'll see a meter similar to the pin one come up when he tries to leave through the door, just mash any button and you'll get up)

- Stop Bundy from leaving through the cage door twice (repeat the above)

- Use your finisher

- Wim by climbing out of the cage (when you have Bundy down, walk over to the cage and you will see it start to flash. Press circle to begin climbing out and then just mash any button when the meter appears)

TROP012.PNG New Legend - Defeat 10 opponents with a Created Legend in a single tier in Legend Killer Mode icon_trophy_silver.gif

Beat all ten opponents in any tier on Legend Killer mode - you'll get this just by working through it as you have to beat all ten in one tier to unlock the next.

TROP013.PNG Legend Killer - Obtain a medal in Legend Killer Mode icon_trophy_silver.gif

Basically Legend Killer mode consists of series of gauntlet matches where you'll face 10 opponents in each. Once you beat one opponent you move onto the next, keeping the amount of health you finished with. When you've beaten all ten opponents in one tier you'll get a medal and unlock the next tier.

TROP014.PNG True Legend Killer - Obtain all of the medals in Legend Killer Mode icon_trophy_gold.gif

You don't need to do the tier that has the imported roster from Smackdown vs Raw 2009, you just need to do tiers 1-3, favourite legends tier, and the all star legends tier. All tiers are a gauntlet match with 10 opponents except for the all star legends tier which is a gauntlet match with 38 opponents! It will take 25-35 minutes depending on if you're rushing and your stats to do the ones with 10 rounds, it took me 75 minutes to do the 38 round one.

TROP015.PNG Invincible Created Legend - Max out a Created Legend's attributes icon_trophy_silver.gif

You will gain XP during Legend Killer mode that can be used to increase the stats of your created legend. When you go to the screen with the legend statues where you can select your tier, choose the middle statue to get into the screen for spending the earned XP on stats. It'll take four or five tiers worth of XP to get your created legend up to maximum stats.

TROP016.PNG Super Fast Legend Killer - Become a Legend Killer in Legend Killer Mode in 30 minutes or less icon_trophy_gold.gif

This will start to seem harder than it is as it just takes a bit of patience. The first two tiers I did in Legend Killer mode I finished in about 32 minutes each, but I increased the stats of my created legend after each using the XP I'd earned. When I did the third tier it only took me 25 minutes because I had an overall rating of 70.

TROP018.PNG You're #1 - Have your Created Legend reach the Top rank in Hall of Fame Mode icon_trophy_gold.gif

I got this by winning my first match in Legend Killer mode by just using grapples and using my finishing move. Will post more detailed information on what you need to accomplish to get it later, but it can be done the way I did it.

TROP019.PNG Created a Legend - Make a Created Legend icon_trophy_bronze.gif

Simply go into the create a legend mode and make and save a new character. I think you need to change a few things in it to unlock this instead of just doing create and saving straight away.

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied guide.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hidden Trophies

TROP001.PNG Manager - Win a match using a manager in an Exhibition match icon_trophy_bronze.gif

This doesn't mean you have to control a manager, you just need to have one in your corner. Just set up an exhibition match, press Start when you've chosen your character and choose a manager, then just win the match.

TROP017.PNG King of Kings - Defeat the Favorite Legends Tier in Legend Killer Mode icon_trophy_gold.gif

To unlock the favourites tier, you simply have to use any 10 legends in any mode, this will then add them onto the list of favourites and it will be this 10 that you face when you select the favourites tier. Beat all 10 for the trophy. (The favourites statue is one to the right of centre)

Edited by BoyDay

Nice, thanks for the guide! I hope it is not TOO hard of a Platinum. I wonder if the Legend Killer mode beaten under whatever time it says will be hard.

It's not hard, after you've done a few tiers of legend killer mode (which you have to do if you're going for the platinum) you'll have enough XP to make your stats good enough to easily do it - I did the 3rd tier in 25:47.

legend mode was very easy, you can put it on easy then change the sliders so the computer doesnt counter etc..... i wouldnt worry about beating all 10 in under 30 mins because your get it on your first try if you dont do anything fancy, just keep walking up to them, and keep hitting them (square) they fall down, now kick them as many times as you can (square also), up to 3 times when there health is low, then they stand up....repeat untill there health bar is red then pin them.you dont get much exp by doing this only about 60 a match but it is the fastest way.after you do the first tier level up just your strike then the next tier will be so much faster, the fastest i done it in was about 14 mins, i done the 38 man tier in about 49 mins only a few people mainly the larger wrestlers wont let you pin first time when there in the red.also dont worry about only getting 60 exp a match because you should still be able to level your wrestler to the max after you have finished all the tier's.

almost forgot nice guide by the way, i just got to get a few more golds in the wrestlemania mode for the plat.

Edited by bleeds

Thanks. I've only got to get the gold for finishing all Wrestlemania medals (done Relive, just need to finish a few off in Rewrite and Redefine), then I'll have my first platinum! :D

Congrats, it is a good feeling lol. I cannot wait for this game but in the U.S it is out on 2/23 (or 2/24 depending on if different peoples Gamestops ptu them out) but I am getting it through Gamefly.

right i need one more gold medal.its the one where your brett the hitman and your fighting hbk in a 10 minute iron man match.you need 160 points out of a possible 180 my problem is i cant do two of the moves 1 is irish whip them into the four posts (havent even done one of them) and the second one is make them bleed. to make guys bleed drop them on there head, well brett hasnt got any of those kinds of moves, i keep getting out of the ring and trying but i havent had no joy yet.any tips.

also for those that are doing the medals and you come accros a match with brett heart vs the sumo guy (not even going to atempt to spell his name) i was having trouble getting onto the top rope as it is a cage match, what you do is go to any corner and hold the d pad towards the corner and double tap (O) he will then climb to the top of the cage which will not count as a top rope move so press (O) again and it climbs down onto the top of the rope - your understand why, when you play the game.

This sounds too easy for me Really. I think I can get the Platnum in a weekend at the least. BTW, I pratically memorized the WM15 (Austin/Rock No DQ) match in the Demo, so people can try that one for the "If Memory serves me right" trophy. It's pretty simple to do:

-win the Knucle Chain at the start

-put the rock in the Spanish announce table

-break the spanish announce table (do the same as above)

-go to the WM15 sign in the front and smash the Rock's head into it(X2)

-Give the Rock the Stone Cold Stunner

-Pin

I think thats how it's done, I think im missing one more event.

Edited by Ramses

This sounds too easy for me Really. I think I can get the Platnum in a weekend at the least. BTW, I pratically memorized the WM15 (Austin/Rock No DQ) match in the Demo, so people can try that one for the "If Memory serves me right" trophy. It's pretty simple to do:

-win the Knucle Chain at the start

-put the rock in the Spanish announce table

-break the spanish announce table (do the same as above)

-go to the WM15 sign in the front and smash the Rock's head into it(X2)

-Give the Rock the Stone Cold Stunner

-Pin

I think thats how it's done, I think im missing one more event.

You're missing about 10 more - the demo only listed a few.

You can get the platinum in a weekend easily. I picked up the game on Wednesday and in around 6 hours (I'd guess), I've got all trophies apart from the one for getting all Wrestlemania medals, and I'm about halfway through getting that. I'd guess the majority of people will be able to get the platinum in under 10 hours of playing without rushing. Could probably be done in 7 hours or slightly less.

Nice work on the trophy guide... can't wait to pickup my copy of the game on Tuesday morning. Doesn't matter to me what people say about the game being "so unlike" the Smackdown games... it's pure arcadey fun, in my opinion.

Haven't had this kind of fun with a wrasslin' game in a few years... it made me dig up and play my old copy of "Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game" for PS1... haven't played that game in almost 10 years, I think! :D

cant wait to get my game also tomorrow morning...

two places here in toronto area screwed me on Saturday...my local walmart had it in the glass case.. asked for it, they went to scan it and it said do not sell till 3/24...

then later in that day, i called up a blockbuster in my area, they said they had one copy, i told them to hold it... 5 min after i called them, they called me back saying that they do not have it and it comes out tuesday lol... im sure they have it but couldnt sell it...

im not gonna just rush this platinum.. gonna have my fun with this game and get everything eventually :)

this seems about as easy a platinum as that Lord of the rings game (except i think u needed an online boosting partner to make it really easy)...

altho using the buzz glitch would make that the fastest platinum ever :)

If I can ever medal the Brett Austin match then it just might be smooth sailing. Only problem I have is that stupid and poorly designed attack/defend thing, I hit the wrong button and it robbed me. I can do everything minus the bar fight and the pain goal, if I can do one of them then Im set.

Why not press the buttons the AI doesn't select, there was a wrestling game that used it might have been 09 or maybe 08 cause Undertaker has it when he pounds on you on the mat.

The game isn't hard but I do hate it, they need to make a game like Wrestlemania 2000 from the 64, thats the best wrestling game ever made.

cant wait to get my game also tomorrow morning...

two places here in toronto area screwed me on Saturday...my local walmart had it in the glass case.. asked for it, they went to scan it and it said do not sell till 3/24...

then later in that day, i called up a blockbuster in my area, they said they had one copy, i told them to hold it... 5 min after i called them, they called me back saying that they do not have it and it comes out tuesday lol... im sure they have it but couldnt sell it...

im not gonna just rush this platinum.. gonna have my fun with this game and get everything eventually :)

this seems about as easy a platinum as that Lord of the rings game (except i think u needed an online boosting partner to make it really easy)...

altho using the buzz glitch would make that the fastest platinum ever :)

Good luck but the only way you can get the trophies is by playing the game. Buzz was just luck really no other game has that flaw in it.

If I can ever medal the Brett Austin match then it just might be smooth sailing. Only problem I have is that stupid and poorly designed attack/defend thing, I hit the wrong button and it robbed me. I can do everything minus the bar fight and the pain goal, if I can do one of them then Im set.

Why not press the buttons the AI doesn't select, there was a wrestling game that used it might have been 09 or maybe 08 cause Undertaker has it when he pounds on you on the mat.

The game isn't hard but I do hate it, they need to make a game like Wrestlemania 2000 from the 64, thats the best wrestling game ever made.

I would like to politely disagree...No Mercy was the best wrestling game ever!

legend mode was very easy, you can put it on easy then change the sliders so the computer doesnt counter etc..... i wouldnt worry about beating all 10 in under 30 mins because your get it on your first try if you dont do anything fancy, just keep walking up to them, and keep hitting them (square) they fall down, now kick them as many times as you can (square also), up to 3 times when there health is low, then they stand up....repeat untill there health bar is red then pin them.you dont get much exp by doing this only about 60 a match but it is the fastest way.after you do the first tier level up just your strike then the next tier will be so much faster, the fastest i done it in was about 14 mins, i done the 38 man tier in about 49 mins only a few people mainly the larger wrestlers wont let you pin first time when there in the red.also dont worry about only getting 60 exp a match because you should still be able to level your wrestler to the max after you have finished all the tier's.

almost forgot nice guide by the way, i just got to get a few more golds in the wrestlemania mode for the plat.

Thanks man I used your method and it worked. I did tier 1 on Normal Difficulty since that was what I was on the whole time by default after I did all of the Relive, Rewrite, Redefine or whatever modes I tried this on the second tier and I beat it in 8 minutes.

Now I just need the smaller trophies like a gold medal in all tiers and upgrade my legend and I am done.

Edit: I just Platinumed the game. It took no time at all lol!

Anyways, great guide and you should add the guy I quoted's strategy I even used it for the 38 man tier and it went fast.

Edited by SneakyWhite

I would like to politely disagree...No Mercy was the best wrestling game ever!

I liked 2000 cause of the great roster and the 1000+ items you could pick from. Gas mask, great dragon tat, D-Lo Brown's chest protector, etc. Makes me glad to still have my 64.

I don't even know HOW I did the Wrestlemania XV one. That was freakishly hard, out of pure luck, I managed "Block Bottom" by spamming the Triangle button and pressing away from the Rock on the left stick. The ones I had a more difficult time with though where in the last few Rewrite sections. Those drove me to tears I swear, especially playing as Yokozuna.. man, last time I use him.