Wrecked: Revenge Revisited - Trophy Guide and Road Map

Overview

Estimated trophy difficulty: 4.5/10 (Platinum Difficulty Thread)

Offline: 15 (2 (B), 4 (S), 8 (G), 1 (P))

Online: 1 (Online connection required for "I have no peers!" (G))

Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 3-5 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 x Challenge Mode. Numerous Multiplayer races

Number of missable trophies: None

Glitched trophies: None

Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats

Introduction

Wrecked: Revenge Revisited is a top down racing/vehicular combat game, similar in vein to games of the Micro Machines franchise - I'd be lying however, if I said this game delivered an experience as fun and memorable. Nevertheless, Wrecked is a decent enough purchase, its gameplay is solid, graphics adequate and has the potential to be quite fun if played locally with friends. The journey to Platinum is brief and straightforward so the price tag could be deemed quite hefty for the content you’re getting.

Walkthrough

Step One - Single Player Challenge Mode

The first step to your Platinum trophy is completing all the challenges, achieving the Gold target for each. Progress through each challenge, not moving on to the next until you've achieved the Gold. Progressing this way is the most effective method as you will save yourself the step of repeating challenges and also get better at the game in the process, which will hold you in good stead for the later tougher challenges.

Step Two - Multiplayer Trophies

You have three options when it comes to obtaining the multiplayer trophies:

1) You could get them legitimately online, however players are quite scarce so this option may take you a while.

2) You can make use of the Trophy Boosting Thread, obtaining your wins with an online partner.

3) The method I highly recommend you make use of, is to obtain all the multiplayer trophies offline in local multiplayer using a second controller. Utilising this method makes the process of getting all these trophies extremely quick and painless. Head to local multiplayer and apply the following game settings:

• Game Settings - Custom
  • Points to Win - Set to "6"
  • End Game - Short
  • Elimination Line - Short
  • Handling - Normal
  • Power-Ups - Standard
  • Air Strikes - Off

Now progress through the six tracks beating your idle competitor, unlocking "Early Days", "I am the best!", "Flawless Victory" and "World Tour". Once you have unlocked these four trophies, replay a track of your choice a further four times to obtain "No one can beat me!". Throughout your quest for the five aforementioned trophies, it's an ideal opportunity to go for "Weapons Officer" also, obtained for using all of the game's fourteen weapons, which are littered on every track.

Step Three - Clean-up

It's highly probable the last trophy you will need is "Grease Monkey". After completing steps one and two respectively you will be at around 7,500 of the 10,000 experience points needed. Simply rinse and repeat the local multiplayer method I have described in Step Two - you will be obtaining 200 experience points in around a minute through its use.

Edited by Puzzler
Editorial sweep

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/182.jpg Platinum Trophy (P)

All other trophies have been collected

Unlocked upon completion of the game's other fifteen trophies.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/188.jpg First Steps (B)

Beat a Supersonic Ghost

This will be the first trophy you earn. Simply start with the first 'Speed' challenge and achieve the bronze target time.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/45E.jpg Speed King (S)

Earn at least Bronze in all the Speed Challenges

The speed challenges task you with beating set times on each of the six tracks. The key to achieving these times is a combination of using your boosts wisely and making effective use of the :rs: and handbrake (:circle:) controls available to you. The latter of my two points is especially relevant on the two ice tracks 'Ice Bridge' & 'Arctic Outpost'. Using the :rs: / handbrake (:circle:) ensures your car remains in the correct position on the track, whilst also maintaining your speed.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/C5E.jpg Weapon Master (S)

Earn at least Bronze in all the Weapon Challenges

The weapon challenges task you with a variety of challenges, that all make use of one of the game's various weapons, whilst also giving you the challenge of completing laps of a circuit. None of these challenges are particularly difficult and the margins for success are very generous. Take note of what each challenge asks you to do regarding the mission specific weapon, achieve that first then finish your laps as swiftly as possible.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/A73.jpg Skill Chief (S)

Earn at least Bronze in all the Skill Challenges

Again, the skill challenges aren't very difficult to achieve. This set of challenges task you with carrying out various random tasks on each of the six tracks. There really isn't much to explain with this trophy, simply perform what each challenge asks of you.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/399.jpg Elite Champion (G)

Earn at least Bronze in all the Elite Challenges

This is the only set of the challenges that could potentially pose a problem and therefore may take a few tries to hit the targets. You will have a good grasp of the game mechanics and how to play effectively after completing the speed, weapon and skill challenges, so with the elite challenges it's just a case of putting everything you've learnt into use.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/C00.jpg Silver Arrow (G)

Earn at least Silver on all Challenges

Please refer to "Supreme Being".

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/9E5.jpg Supreme Being (G)

Earn Gold on all Challenges

For this trophy you need to achieve the Gold target for every challenge in the speed, weapon, skill and elite challenge categories. There's six stages in each category and realistically you can surpass the Gold target in a couple of attempts for the majority of challenges. The elite challenges may take you a little more time, but with a little practice you will soon realise they are not too hard.

(Please note that if you unlock "Silver arrow" and "Supreme Being" upon completing the set of elite challenges, which is highly likely if you are making use of my Road Map, there is a slight delay between the pop of each of the three trophies).

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/198.jpg Early Days! (B)

Win a point in a multi-player battle

The multiplayer mode plays out as a battle mode of sorts, wherein you have to defeat the opposition through a series of rounds scoring a point for each round, ultimately reaching a set score. To obtain this trophy, you simply have to score one point.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/100.jpg I am the best! (S)

Win a multi-player battle

Please refer to "No one can beat me!".

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/A80.jpg No one can beat me! (G)

Win 10 multi-player battles

For this trophy you have to win a total of 10 multiplayer battles. The wins will count from both local multiplayer and online multiplayer.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/B00.jpg I have no peers! (G)

Download and beat a rivals time

Head to any single player challenge you have registered a score with. Click into the challenge and scroll down to the section 'Personal Rival'. You now just need to download any ghost from the leaderboard, then simply beat said ghost you've downloaded and the trophy will unlock.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/B01.jpg World Tour (G)

Win a multi-player battle on every course

Simply win a multiplayer battle on each of the game's six courses:

• Jungle Temple
  • Brockridge Mine
  • Ice Bridge
  • Jungle Falls
  • Daredevil Peak
  • Arctic Outpost

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/39C.jpg Flawless Victory (G)

Win a multi-player battle by winning every point

You must obtain your target score in a multiplayer battle without your opponent scoring. This is extremely easy if you use the second controller option described in the Road Map.

If you aren't using this method and going for this against a human opponent online, I suggest airing on the side of caution amidst battles; it's surprising how many times opponents wildly drive off the track in a mad dash for weapons, thus bagging you easy points. Simply driving around the track as fast as possible is another good option, resulting in your opponent being destroyed by the elimination line.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/2D6.jpg Weapons Officer (G)(H)

Use every weapon in the game

There are a total of 14 weapons that must be used in order to unlock this trophy. The full list of weapons are as follows:

• Railgun
  • Drone
  • Ball & Chain
  • Machine Gun
  • Mine
  • Flash
  • Smart Mortar
  • Guided Missile
  • Drum
  • Sonic Boom
  • Shotgun
  • Flamethrower
  • Shocker
  • Plasma Cannon

It’s worth noting that you do not have to eliminate an enemy in order for the game to register the weapon as being used. The trophy will unlock as soon as you make use of the fourteenth weapon, whichever that may be.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1462/763.jpg Grease Monkey (G)(H)

Unlock all the car upgrades

In order to unlock all car upgrades, you need to reach a total of 10,000 experience points.

Experience point progress can be checked by visiting the garage in the single player menu. Points can be gained by completing challenges, and by utilising multiplayer, both local and online.

Edited by Puzzler
Editorial sweep

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Cheers for taking the time to check for me mate, appreciate that. :)

It's not too big, so it looks like I'll be getting this. Great guide too, it'll certainly come in handy!

No problem, happy to help!

It's a really easy platinum mate, let me know how you get on :)

Ok, I need to rant.

How the hell are you supposed to do the final weapon challenge? The AI cheat, and I can prove that they cheat. How is it possible that they can shunt and ram me yet whenever I try to do it, it's useless? How can they overtake me on the long sliding section even though they are taking a wider angle than me? How can they suddenly jump ahead of me after this section and spam mines all over the place? It's absolutely ridiculous, and it's really winding me up.

I managed to get ahead of them and maintained it right until the end three times out of around fifty attempts. A measly three. I can get ahead at the start but they always use their cheat tactics and just jump ahead. How do you finish this stupid challenge?

:rant:

Ok, I need to rant.

How the hell are you supposed to do the final weapon challenge? The AI cheat, and I can prove that they cheat. How is it possible that they can shunt and ram me yet whenever I try to do it, it's useless? How can they overtake me on the long sliding section even though they are taking a wider angle than me? How can they suddenly jump ahead of me after this section and spam mines all over the place? It's absolutely ridiculous, and it's really winding me up.

I managed to get ahead of them and maintained it right until the end three times out of around fifty attempts. A measly three. I can get ahead at the start but they always use their cheat tactics and just jump ahead. How do you finish this stupid challenge?

I totally agree,some of these challenges are really annoying and frustrating :(

Ok, I need to rant.

Here's how I do it, I've just done it a few times in succession using this method......

Right from the start stick to the left. After the first checkpoint, you will come to the first significant slidy bend, you can easily be in first by using the :rs: round this bend (keep on the acceleration) then do the same round the immediate slidy bend that follows.

You don't need to have used any boosts by this point, and will come to the second checkpoint. Use a boost in between here and the third checkpoint. Immediately after the third checkpoint, take the ice road shortcut to your right, boost over it also.

After the ice shortcut you will be in the lead comfortably, make use of your spare boosts from here to the end. PS. You can have enemy cars cross the line before you and still achieve gold, you just have to get the time.

The key to this challenge is just using the :rs: effectively round the slidy bends :)

hey what psn stores is this game available on?

I think it's only available in Europe.

Here's how I do it, I've just done it a few times in succession using this method......

Right from the start stick to the left. After the first checkpoint, you will come to the first significant slidy bend, you can easily be in first by using the :rs: round this bend (keep on the acceleration) then do the same round the immediate slidy bend that follows.

You don't need to have used any boosts by this point, and will come to the second checkpoint. Use a boost in between here and the third checkpoint. Immediately after the third checkpoint, take the ice road shortcut to your right, boost over it also.

After the ice shortcut you will be in the lead comfortably, make use of your spare boosts from here to the end. PS. You can have enemy cars cross the line before you and still achieve gold, you just have to get the time.

The key to this challenge is just using the :rs: effectively round the slidy bends :)

Thanks for the tips and for downloading it again to help me mate, I appreciate that. :)

In typical sod's law fashion, I did it this evening on my 5th or 6th go with a time of 46.xx. Funniily enough, my method was almost identical to yours. I managed to get ahead and stay ahead until the final bend, then the AI used their "cheat" tactic and started shunting me. I was neck and neck going around the bend, and the car started spamming mines. There must be a distance allowance or something with them, because I was driving over them in exactly the same path as him, but they didn't go off thankfully. I managed to nudge him out of the way and grabbed the Drone weapon which did nothing. They got the Drums and used them which blinded my screen as they went off, but I was able to overcome that and race for the finish.

I hope that the other challenges aren't as bad as this one, because it was an absolute nightmare.

• 2 weeks later...

its available in Australia now, thanks though :)

I was trying to put the ball and chain as my favourite weapon so that I can pick it up more often but it's not listed as a weapon available to be favourited.

Don't list it as your favourite weapon, but change the actual game layout itself. Change the game type from "Standard" to "Custom" and you can set all of the parameters yourself, including which weapons appear and which don't.