How do you play against King ?

superpj

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe on higher Difficulty?

Could u answer me:

- if its faster and better with pros to play than in the Demo with the custom?? (and the game overall)

- if you could invite partners to rankinggames (okay,psn is down)

- if you got music again while playing (maybe the same as in old ones?)

- where you got it so early? :9

Thx :)

Edited by LoneCatalyst

I managed to beat arcade mode on the easiest difficulty without dropping a set and suddenly Duke appeared on the 5th match in place of Stefan Edberg ! :) However I haven't managed to beat him without dropping a set (he's tough). If I do it I think I'll get to play against King.

I didn't play the demo a lot but the pros are much faster and hit the ball harder. The custom players from the demo (and the real game) are really weak until you upgrade them.

About the invites, I can't answer since the PSN is down

Yes you've got music while playing. They've added new tunes (at last !) but they're as boring than the old ones.

I didn't even know the game wasn't out yet officially :confused: I bought it from my usual gaming shop here in France.

maybe on higher Difficulty ?

You were right ! It was related to the difficulty.

ARCADE MODE ON EASY :

- If you drop at least one set during the tournament, you meet Edberg in the 5th match

- If you don't drop a set you meet Duke (there's no trophy for beating him)

ARCADE MODE ON NORMAL OR HIGHER :

- If you drop at least one set during the tournament, you meet Becker in the 5th match

- If you don't drop a set you meet King (beating him nets you the "Great King" silver trophy)

King is really tough. What worked for me was to focus on my service games because he's very hard to break. You need to win only 2 games for the victory (even if he won one), and you start serving so you have a big advantage. Make a big serve in the angle every time, and follow to the net to smash or volley. Better not stay on the baseline or he'll kill you. If you can't follow to the net, make a short slice ( :down: + :square: ) to prevent him from attacking and take advantage of the short returns to hit a big winner (make sure that you're early on the ball). If you lose, no worries, you can restart the match as many times as you want :) It's not like the other VTs where you had to restart the tournament.

Btw, to unlock the 7000000 Points in Arcade i done it like that:

Played with King on Hard and dont lost a Game, then i played Duke and won 2-1 and received the Trophy...

Iam not so happy with the Game, VT3 is still my favourite of the Series beside the Dreamcastversions..

theres more to it then what you are saying in your mini guide, i unlocked king last night by playing through arcade on normal without losing a single set then after numerous times trying i did get to face king, seems to be related to beating arcade mode a certain number of times aswell

theres more to it then what you are saying in your mini guide, i unlocked king last night by playing through arcade on normal without losing a single set then after numerous times trying i did get to face king, seems to be related to beating arcade mode a certain number of times aswell

thanks for the info :) unfortunately i can't edit de miniguide cause it was locked. for the "secret items" not sure but leveling up in the mini games, winning certains tournaments several times or donating a lot unlock items. Beating King in the last season too.

This is so annoying!...Can somebody please help me to play king I know you have to be on normal and not loose a set but he never shows when im put into a speical match I'm always against Duke, I've only ever played against him once which was my first cleared court game but I lost and accidentally went back to the main menu lol...So people plz help me lol :D

I think getting King in the special match may be to do with the following

1- Not dropping a game

2- How fast you are getting through your matches

3- How many points you have after your 4th match

I have played him once and lost badly to him. I was using Monfils as his boost bar goes up quickly.

I was wondering who you lot are using and have used to beat King

I think getting King in the special match may be to do with the following

1- Not dropping a game

2- How fast you are getting through your matches

3- How many points you have after your 4th match

I have played him once and lost badly to him. I was using Monfils as his boost bar goes up quickly.

I was wondering who you lot are using and have used to beat King

Yh I think your right it must be about how many points you get from your matches ect, And I use Federer because of his all round skill :)

I played King by dropping no games on route to the special match , I think 1st time you beat arcade without dropping a game you play Duke than 2nd time King etc that's how it's worked for me anyway lol . King was difficult to beat I was playing as Roddick and still getting used to the gameplay lol.

I canfirm you play Either Duke or King by how many points you get after your 4th match

Bronze - Exhibition match

Silver - Duke

Gold - King

That isn't necessarily true. i've just got gold after stage 4 without losing a match on very hard difficulty and it took me too an exhibition match with becker. so what am i doing wrong??? also ive beaten arcade 10 times and never had him

That isn't necessarily true. i've just got gold after stage 4 without losing a match on very hard difficulty and it took me too an exhibition match with becker. so what am i doing wrong??? also ive beaten arcade 10 times and never had him

Yh same mate cleared court 15 times only met him once on the first and I messed up I've tried it in every difficulty with all gold medals after the 4th match and every time I get Duke?......Help lol :/

Ok this is going to throw everybody off.. But I was playing on easy difficulty and won the 4 stages of arcade mode perfectly. Then I had a special match with Duke who I wanted/needed to unlock to try and then beat King on normal difficulty. I was trying for about 2hrs (just kept restarting the match after losing) until I finally cracked it and beat Duke! But then to my suprize.. "Ping!!" The silver trophy popped up which you should only get for beating King! Glitched or what?? So I won't have the added stress of trying to unlock king as I have the trophy by beating Duke on EASY!! Happy days lol :-)

Ok this is going to throw everybody off.. But I was playing on easy difficulty and won the 4 stages of arcade mode perfectly. Then I had a special match with Duke who I wanted/needed to unlock to try and then beat King on normal difficulty. I was trying for about 2hrs (just kept restarting the match after losing) until I finally cracked it and beat Duke! But then to my suprize.. "Ping!!" The silver trophy popped up which you should only get for beating King! Glitched or what?? So I won't have the added stress of trying to unlock king as I have the trophy by beating Duke on EASY!! Happy days lol :-)

Pics or it didnt happen. :D Damn that is a sweet glitch.