Ridley + Platinum Trophy Bug

recurv

[ UPDATE: THIS HAS NOW BEEN FIXED: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/velocity-ultra/198695-ridley-platinum-trophy-bug-5.html#post3659877 ]

Hi all,

I'm very sad to say that we have confirmed there is a bug that prevents a player from unlocking the Ripley (not Ridley) in-game award, thus stopping the unlock of the Platinum Trophy.

I can't tell you how sorry I am that we missed this bug in development and in test. Frankly the whole submission process was a challenge for us - our first time moving from PS Minis/PSM to PS Vita.

That's no excuse, and I'm sure you will feel great disappointed that you can't grab the Platinum after putting so much time and effort into this game.

:'(

Suffice to say we will be talking with Sony as soon as humanly possible to try and fix this problem, and will stay in touch with you on here whilst we do so to keep you up to date on the plan.

Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of the team.

Best regards,

James Marsden

Managing Director | FuturLab

FuturLab

Edited by recurv

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for letting us know James :)

No worries. Can see your actively working on it and that it will come sooner or later. We'll wait!

It's great seeing a developer on these forums :D Wish others cared as much for their games as you.

Ive just found this bug for myself and im gutted...after struggling with bonus mission 20 i deserve my plat!!! Haha

But on a serious note, us gamers appreciate it when the game creators apologise for their mistakes and keep us informed. More developers should be on the forums! :) cheers

Hi all,

We've identified the cause of the bug now and believe we have fixed it here.

Going to spend the next few hours testing to make sure, and then we'll be discussing resubmission of the game package (or a patch) with Sony.

Thanks for your understanding, very much appreciated!

Will keep you updated.

James

Edited by recurv

Stuff like this sucks. But we are all humans, and can make mistakes. Its a big thing of you, just to come here and admit there is a bug so people dont go insane over it. Feels better hearing stuff like this directly from the developers instead through some other source!

It's much appreciated you coming here to tell us of these things! Keep up the good work!

Hi all,

We've identified the cause of the bug now and believe we have fixed it here.

Going to spend the next few hours testing to make sure, and then we'll be discussing resubmission of the game package (or a patch) with Sony.

Thanks for your understanding, very much appreciated!

Will keep you updated.

James

Excellent! Thanks for keeping us informed!

Thanks for the news.

The game it's very good, so the bug means nothing now, I know you and your team can fix that, Future labs it's a very good software house, so keep on!

PS: I have Surge on PSM and it's very good too!

Edited by FlareZero

Try playing any random stage again, I had the same problem.

Got the trophy as soon as I started a new stage.

Actually you'll get it as soon as you collect another survivor, it doesn't matter where you do this (in a normal Zone or a bonus mission), as soon as you've picked one up, the trophy will pop.

Hi, I have a new issue, I can't prefect zone 1 because I got the high score before I got the time. this means even though I get all 3 goals but don't get perfect, and is no way to improve score as nothing to kill tried 10/20 times anyone know the calc code to turn on awards know it is 20132013 + award number to turn off, ps have ripley people tried turning off secret zone award ie 20132013 + 8 and then finding that hidden area in zone 22, I have tested and turn it off and been able to re-earn award might help and nudge ripley over the line worth a try is stuck. Anyway great game shame about bugs but really happy dev have come on here enganged. Thanks any suggestions on zone one perfect would be appricaited.

I'm shocked that a dev has taken the time to post on this forum. This is fantastic and I hope other devs follow suit but somehow I don't think that they will. Its great news that your looking at a fix, I will now wait for the patch before I start to play. Good luck in the patch and in all other games you have in development, I will be watching closely.

I also had the problem with the River trophy and needed to replay a stage and collect one more survivor for the trophy to pop. Also had a problem with 'Neutrino...' and again, had to replay a critical urgency zone to unlock the trophy.

Eagerly awaiting the patch so I can get my (50th) Platinum!

Hi all,

Just to keep you in the loop, we're still testing the fix.

We have to get it right first time so we're taking our time to make sure (testing thoroughly) that the patch works retroactively as well as in-the-moment for new players.

We're also refining other aspects of the game such as the hit box on the bonus missions, difficulty of the Invaders minigame etc.

Please bear with us whilst we get our shit together :)

Thanks,

James

Hi all,

Just to keep you in the loop, we're still testing the fix.

We have to get it right first time so we're taking our time to make sure (testing thoroughly) that the patch works retroactively as well as in-the-moment for new players.

We're also refining other aspects of the game such as the hit box on the bonus missions, difficulty of the Invaders minigame etc.

Please bear with us whilst we get our shit together :)

Thanks,

James

Hi James , Im posting here so you can see it and tell me if there is a way around it..

As I posted in another thread I got the Neutrino trophy even though I was missing one perfect zone ( 50 )

Few minutes ago , I got perfect on it , got the trophy for the zone and the trophy for all the zones , but in the in-game awards , the award is earned but the gold trophy is still unearned (greyed-out ) , even though its earned in my trophy list..Im replaying some levels trying to get perfect but it doesnt seem to work so far..

Any ideas?

Well as others are posting the bugs here as well (and James hopefully reads through the comments), I'll post this as well:

The Gold medal time for Zone 27 is incorrect, it states 2:40 while silver is 2:20, it probably should have been 1:40.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4508/wrongtime.jpg

And while we're at it:

It's pretty annoying how you can teleport into a wall and get stuck in it, is this possibly on the "to fix"-list?

Also an auto-save function would be appreciated, I had to redo all secret area's and bonus medals for the third time (I had to make screenshots of them and removed the awards with the calculator), because I closed the game without manually saving

Edited by LordBeloved

Hi James , Im posting here so you can see it and tell me if there is a way around it..

As I posted in another thread I got the Neutrino trophy even though I was missing one perfect zone ( 50 )

Few minutes ago , I got perfect on it , got the trophy for the zone and the trophy for all the zones , but in the in-game awards , the award is earned but the gold trophy is still unearned (greyed-out ) , even though its earned in my trophy list..Im replaying some levels trying to get perfect but it doesnt seem to work so far..

Any ideas?

EDIT : So this is what I did ' Played few random levels to get perfect again , saved my progress , closed the game , turned off the vita , turned it on again and when I got back in progress , the trophy was earned along with the in-game award..

So all thats left now is minesweepers , which I dont see myself beating it :)