Boosting warning

Hey everyone, just want to share what just happened. Was boosting TDM with some of the regulars from here and I got kicked out back to the main menu.

A message popped up saying "You have been banned for 6 days 23 hours" or something to that effect. I am guessing I ws reported by a random who joined 1 of our matches when a booster got disconnnected.

So yeah this totally blows but it's not the end of the world I guess. Gonna use the next 6 days to platinum Darksiders 2. To my fellow boosters, I will see you all next week :cool:

UPDATE: After I posted this, I have confirmation that 2 other boosters have also been banned for the same period of time with me. Just fyi guys, be careful when you boost cos now it looks like ND is being a real asshole about it. That being said, I will definitely not be playing any of their future games on my main account anymore.

Edited by Varkovsky

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, just want to share what just happened. Was boosting TDM with some of the regulars from here and I got kicked out back to the main menu.

A message popped up saying "You have been banned for 6 days 23 hours" or something to that effect. I am guessing I ws reported by a random who joined 1 of our matches when a booster got disconnnected.

So yeah this totally blows but it's not the end of the world I guess. Gonna use the next 6 days to platinum Darksiders 2. To my fellow boosters, I will see you all next week :cool:

UPDATE: After I posted this, I have confirmation that 2 other boosters have also been banned for the same period of time with me. Just fyi guys, be careful when you boost cos now it looks like ND is being a real asshole about it. That being said, I will definitely not be playing any of their future games on my main account anymore.

I can confirm four total out of the regular boosting Chatroom have been banned in the last hour

It doesn't take that fast to get banned, especially if it's just one person reporting you. I'm surprised more people haven't been banned considering that you openly post in the boosting thread what you're doing.

Im guessing this is from a previous day ... as I didnt even play with two of the people who just got banned today

Edited by RoutineX

How is everyone so sure that randoms reporting you is the only reason? Who's to say that even when in a full room of 10 people boosting that you are safe? Can't ND just check the cinema files that are made of each match or something? Or do they have to go off of reports only?

This is exactly what I was thinking. They probably got a team of monitors together and will now police all matches and ban boosters. I saw this coming as soon as that guy who was boosting with multiple ps3s got banned.

Edited by TheNukes

It sucks that some of you got banned, but I doubt ND checked these forums and banned people. As i said in the chat posting on THESE forums doesn't violate ND's online policy.

It's CHEATING in game that does. So unless some random reports you; you'll probably be safe.

Think of the THOUSANDS of players that play this game and how many cinema files there are. They don't have time to watch them all and ban people. Not when they are developing "The Last of Us"

just a question, all the banned guys were boosting TDM wins and ended all their matches in a suspicious 50-0? because imho it's impossible for them to control all the multiplayer matches... I think they have introduced some kind of bot control that can sent segnalations for suspicious match or somethings like that

(I remember a similar thing on killzone 2 multi)

Yep - I can confirm that I have also just been banned.

Got kicked back to the main menu and signed out PSN. When I signed back in, I launched Multiplayer and got the usual welcome message before being kicked back to the main menu where I was greeted with the same ban mesage that Vark has already mentioned.

If they didnt want ppl doing this then why the hell release ridiculous trophies for a game which has been out almost a year ? Surely they must have realised that this might happen. Besides, I have got a life outside of gaming and have other games I'd like to play instead of winning 50 matches of TDM or collection stupid treasures !!!

I dont think Im going to buy another ND game ever again. This is just so messed up, its beyond words. Seriously, what harm was it doing ? Its not like we were boosting stats and it was affecting the leaderboards.

Edited by NightCrawler-72

I really doubt they monitor random matches. You can send cinema files to UC3PlayerReport if you've caught someone cheating, so I'm guessing that's what happened.

I haven't logged off cause I know its coming. Seriously fucked up. We all payed our money & should be able to play as we see fit. Fuck ND for this bullshit.

100% agree with what you guys have said.

Edited by RoutineX

I'm really disappointed in ND for this but at least their not banning people from PSN like some other developers. I haven't boosted anything but I was planning to in the near future.

just a question, all the banned guys were boosting TDM wins and ended all their matches in a suspicious 50-0? because imho it's impossible for them to control all the multiplayer matches... I think they have introduced some kind of bot control that can sent segnalations for suspicious match or somethings like that

(I remember a similar thing on killzone 2 multi)

Wishful thinking buddy but ND doesn't really care about KDR stats & whatnot. Its a blanket ban on boosters. They invited boosters in with these ridiculous requirements then shafted them. A real Dick move ND.

"You have been banned from Multiplayer for cheating. Time Left: 6 days 21 hours"

For "cheating"?!

Really, ND? Really?! You fucking assholes. Is banning us for 6 days really necessary? Why not a warning at least? A message sent to my inbox would have sufficed considering I have spent around $300 on Uncharted games and DLC over the past 5 years. What a fucking joke. Un-fucking-believable. I hope the person that reported us dies in a car crash and NO, I am NOT joking.

Yep - I can confirm that I have also just been banned.

Got kicked back to the main menu and signed out PSN. When I signed back in, I launched Multiplayer and got the usual welcome message before being kicked back to the main menu where I was greeted with the same ban mesage that Vark has already mentioned.

If they didnt want ppl doing this then why the hell release ridiculous trophies for a game which has been out almost a year ? Surely they must have realised that this might happen. Besides, I have got a life outside of gaming and have other games I'd like to play instead of winning 50 matches of TDM or collection stupid treasures !!!

I dont think Im going to buy another ND game ever again. This is just so messed up, its beyond words. Seriously, what harm was it doing ? Its not like we were boosting stats and it was affecting the leaderboards.

I feel ya Night. It's not like we were boosting to get to level 5 legacy or something. They shouldn't release such ridiculous trophies in the first place anyway. Really pissed with Naughty Dog :mad:

you should change your "playing: Uncharted 3 dlc" to nothing

Not sure if that comment was meant for me or ooaz but you're so right !!!

"You have been banned from Multiplayer for cheating. Time Left: 6 days 21 hours"

For "cheating"?!

Really, ND? Really?! You fucking assholes. Is banning us for 6 days really necessary? Why not a warning at least? A message sent to my inbox would have sufficed considering I have spent around $300 on Uncharted games and DLC over the past 5 years. What a fucking joke. Un-fucking-believable. I hope the person that reported us dies in a car crash and NO, I am NOT joking.

I know this situation is far from being funny (what with everyone getting the ban hammer) but this made me laugh, really :applause: You certainly have a way with words Dre :)

I sent a cinema file to UC3PlayerReport of a guy that glitched on Fort during a Team Objective match. A few hours later I encountered him and his buddies again in Plunder. I don't know if he's been banned since, but if he hasn't and they've wasted their time going after trophy boosters then I will be pissed.

This is a recurring trend that I've seen in some Sony games. In Killzone 2 there were cheaters who ruined games for week after week without getting banned (most of them are still not banned as far as I know), yet Sony/GG apparently had resources enough to after trophy boosters who didn't bother anyone else. If the integrity of the player stats are so damn important to Naughty Dog, then at least make an effort to fix all the ridiculous glitches that are around. I keep getting losses/wins all over the place that I haven't deserved, and the leaderboards are a joke (top 21 entries have been glitched for quite a while now).

Now that would seriously piss me off to find that they werent banning "real" cheaters and only going after those who were harmlessly boosting.

I swear if that's true there will be hell to pay. I've spent way too much time and money on this god damn game to be treated like this.

Edited by RoutineX