Mission Mode Help Thread

RYU81

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it even possible to do all missions with Ds3

I would definitely say so. It's all about personal preference; if you're very comfortable with a DS3, you can definitely finish a large portion of missions with them (I used a DS3 for all my missions so far, and I finished around 455).

I would definitely say so. It's all about personal preference; if you're very comfortable with a DS3, you can definitely finish a large portion of missions with them (I used a DS3 for all my missions so far, and I finished around 455).

why not,i did that on MvsC3 but now I'm doing with sick.

Always played with pad never tried with stick, guess it has long learning curve with stick.

Well, I will say that if you stopped playing MVC3 after you got the platinum, the missions in this game are going to be very unforgiving for you since you're not used to the mechanics as much as SSF4. I can do SF/SSF4's trials in my sleep but these trials are a different story. (Pad player)

Tried using a stick for ssf4, just got really frustrated but i can see the stick working for this game given that their is no real need to use the stick for dashing/qcfx2 motions so no need to worry much about speed/quickness and fadcs. I sold mine though so i couldn't test with this game. I know it'd be a lot more helpful with vergil's 8th/9th? mission. (summoned sword spam one)

Well, I will say that if you stopped playing MVC3 after you got the platinum, the missions in this game are going to be very unforgiving for you since you're not used to the mechanics as much as SSF4. I can do SF/SSF4's trials in my sleep but these trials are a different story. (Pad player)

Tried using a stick for ssf4, just got really frustrated but i can see the stick working for this game given that their is no real need to use the stick for dashing/qcfx2 motions so no need to worry much about speed/quickness and fadcs. I sold mine though so i couldn't test with this game. I know it'd be a lot more helpful with vergil's 8th/9th? mission. (summoned sword spam one)

Really? You think so? I don't know, I feel the Marvel's mission mode doesn't even compare to how difficult SSF4 is. I guess that's just me, since I feel Marvel is a lot easier to pick up than SSF4 is.

Also, Vergil's 9th mission is pretty easy on a controller if you map R1 as H. I tried it on stick, but it didn't really help too much. I can only see a stick helping in She Hulk's 10th, Ammy's 9th, and Phoenix Wright's 9th as they involve stance changes.

Well, with SSF4 you don't have to worry too much about timing and positioning (minus a few) compared to UMVC3. The moves aren't drawn out into like 30 steps either. I'd say getting the trophy in UMVC3 would be easier if it didn't require everyone being at 100%. It took me like 2-3 days to do all of SSF4's trials the first time, and it's been a couple days since i've had umvc3 and i'm at 86.45%.

I mapped L2/R2 as assists and L1 as LMH so I can just press L1 + X for x-factor activation and R1 as M+H depending on if i'm playing someone with a directional hyper like taskmaster. But i'll try what you said and map it to H, seems like it's a lot easier pressing R1+X compared to O+X.

Can't say Marvel was easier to pick up though, kinda hated the game since it's all about move priority or cheap tactics so I never got into it. I decided to give the game another chance but I can't say i'm too enthusiastic about it seeing the same ole dante, wesker bs online. I'm just gonna build an extremely cheap team using the best assist character, the best teleport character, and the best turtler/beam spam character.

Also, not sure how it's more advantageous to have a stick compared to a pad for stance changes. Isn't it just down down S? Stick better for this game in terms of button placement is what I mainly meant, not the joystick itself.

Well, with SSF4 you don't have to worry too much about timing and positioning (minus a few) compared to UMVC3. The moves aren't drawn out into like 30 steps either. I'd say getting the trophy in UMVC3 would be easier if it didn't require everyone being at 100%. It took me like 2-3 days to do all of SSF4's trials the first time, and it's been a couple days since i've had umvc3 and i'm at 86.45%.

I mapped L2/R2 as assists and L1 as LMH so I can just press L1 + X for x-factor activation and R1 as M+H depending on if i'm playing someone with a directional hyper like taskmaster. But i'll try what you said and map it to H, seems like it's a lot easier pressing R1+X compared to O+X.

Can't say Marvel was easier to pick up though, kinda hated the game since it's all about move priority or cheap tactics so I never got into it. I decided to give the game another chance but I can't say i'm too enthusiastic about it seeing the same ole dante, wesker bs online. I'm just gonna build an extremely cheap team using the best assist character, the best teleport character, and the best turtler/beam spam character.

Also, not sure how it's more advantageous to have a stick compared to a pad for stance changes. Isn't it just down down S? Stick better for this game in terms of button placement is what I mainly meant, not the joystick itself.

I guess I can't handle links too well. SSF4 trials really stress me out. But, I've never learned to FADC properly, so that might be why, lol.

Interesting way to map it. I keep assists on L1 and R1. I usually keep my left bumper as L (since I play Zero at times), and right bumper as L+M, just so I can do a 1 button dash, and quickly triangle jump to a c.M. But for specific trials that give me a hard time, I'll map my controller in any way possible to give me an easier time.

Yeah, I guess you do see those characters a lot online, but most people don't know how to play them at all, so it's not a big deal.

And for the joystick, most people I know who play on pad and stick say they can stance change faster on a stick than they can on a pad. And for She-Hulk's 10th mission, you have to do down, down, S, forward, L, and link that into down, down, S, forward, M. Doing that on a joystick feels so much easier than on a pad lol.

yeah you can wave-dash with any 2-3 attack button combinations. I'd say most people do know how to play those characters though since the game has been out for... almost 10 months now. Besides, you really don't need to be good with those characters to actually beat people, just spam teleport mix-ups and abuse the range on their normals.

I think this game is more strict with timing than SSF4 is though. I always turn my inputs on to see if i'm doing the right motions and I always am.. It's either too fast or too slow yet the actions that come before are either really slow or really fast, it gets very annoying. She-hulk's 10th mission though, I can do the kick into clothesline pretty easily outside of combo but once i start doing the combo, i'm doing the motions for down down s forward m too fast and she'll just sit there waiting to run... so frustrating. I don't have a problem on pad though doing that motion pretty quickly though. Not sure how much easier it is on a stick.

Just wish their was some button or combo to turn off x-factor once it's activated or turn off a hyper like berserker charge so we don't have to press start, scroll all the way up to reset, and hit x when we mess up. I've done that probably over 300 times now lol.

Is it even possible to do all missions with Ds3

It is entirely possible. The only real benefit a stick nets you is ease of access to button combinations that might be awkward on a pad (think L+H and S+M). The only real example I can think of at the moment is Virgil's #9 that might be easier on a stick. Bottom line, it just boils down to what you're more comfortable with and perseverance :p

yeah you can wave-dash with any 2-3 attack button combinations. I'd say most people do know how to play those characters though since the game has been out for... almost 10 months now. Besides, you really don't need to be good with those characters to actually beat people, just spam teleport mix-ups and abuse the range on their normals.

I think this game is more strict with timing than SSF4 is though. I always turn my inputs on to see if i'm doing the right motions and I always am.. It's either too fast or too slow yet the actions that come before are either really slow or really fast, it gets very annoying. She-hulk's 10th mission though, I can do the kick into clothesline pretty easily outside of combo but once i start doing the combo, i'm doing the motions for down down s forward m too fast and she'll just sit there waiting to run... so frustrating. I don't have a problem on pad though doing that motion pretty quickly though. Not sure how much easier it is on a stick.

Just wish their was some button or combo to turn off x-factor once it's activated or turn off a hyper like berserker charge so we don't have to press start, scroll all the way up to reset, and hit x when we mess up. I've done that probably over 300 times now lol.

I know you can dash with a 3 button combination, but I play Iron Man, so when if I wavedash with LMH, if I double tap it, c.H (that stupid rocket) is going to come out which sucks. If I have LM on it, and I double tap it, I can get a c.M. Yeah I guess so, but so far all 80% of the Dante's that I've played don't know how to play. They spam teleport and try to hit me with a j.S.

I guess the timing on some things could be a little wonky compared to SSF4. Hit Stun Decay pisses me off more than anything though. Some combos I'm doing exactly as videos, but they keep popping out before I finish it.

Well, you can hit start and select to restart a mission. It doesn't save much time, but it's some. ;p

Wow Epedemic! I need to shake your hand if you seriously thought that SSF4 trials are easier than UMVC 3's. I have to disagree with the timing part as due to specific characters timing is what makes or breaks the combo. I know I had a tough time with them (glad I'm done with it). Anyway if what was easier for you than I really applaud you.

Now I'm currently at 432 right now. This is bonkers!! Strider's #10 is kicking my arse for some reason.

Wow Epedemic! I need to shake your hand if you seriously thought that SSF4 trials are easier than UMVC 3's. I have to disagree with the timing part as due to specific characters timing is what makes or breaks the combo. I know I had a tough time with them (glad I'm done with it). Anyway if what was easier for you than I really applaud you.

Now I'm currently at 432 right now. This is bonkers!! Strider's #10 is kicking my arse for some reason.

Nice. I'm at a stand still right now, at 458 :(. I can't do Strider's 9 for some reason. Everytime I try to do Gram L after calling PW, I do his QCF move by accident. Then when I do get Gram L, I sometimes get the s.H. :\

yeh i did all combos except like 3 of ammy mission with ds3 in mvc3.

Are you using the Madcatz TE Slim? I want to get that stick.

i have SSFIV TE Round 2

http://iplaywinner.com/storage/madcatz-te-sf4-round2.jpg

Always played with pad never tried with stick, guess it has long learning curve with stick.

thats right not easy learn but it better than pad

I guess the timing on some things could be a little wonky compared to SSF4. Hit Stun Decay pisses me off more than anything though. Some combos I'm doing exactly as videos, but they keep popping out before I finish it.

Well, you can hit start and select to restart a mission. It doesn't save much time, but it's some. ;p

Ah thanks for that tip, didn't you can press start+select to reset.

I dunno, the thing is this game isn't as lenient with inputs like SSF4 is. I have 0 problems with 99% of SSF4 trials, only a couple grind my gears but otherwise, i still don't see how this game is easier given the amount of steps and variables needed to get it done. In SSF4 you only have FADC to worry about and you can use any moves in between the combo to make it easier if you wish. In MVC3, you gotta worry about X-Factor, Assists, and Screen position(since combos are drawn out so long, you'll end up switching sides sometimes).

Sure, missions 1-8 are usually a pushover but comparing the hardest trials in SF4 to the hardest trials in MVC3, it's no content. MVC3 is 3x harder.

It is easier. Let's do a simple comparison... Cody's 24th trial vs. Vergil's 10th.

Cody: :down:+:square: -> :down:+:triangle: -> qcb+P -> :triangle:+:circle: :right: :right: -> :down:+:square: -> qcf+:r1: -> :triangle:+:circle: :right: :right: -> qcfx2 + PPP.

Vergil:

:right:+:circle: -> srk :square: -> :circle: -> air: :triangle: :circle: :cross: -> :circle: -> :right: + :circle: -> qcb :square: -> :down: + :circle: -> :cross: -> air: :triangle: :circle: :down: + :circle: -> srk 2xatt -> :lsse: + :circle: -> X-factor -> qcf :square: -> srk :triangle: -> qcb 2xatt -> qcb 2xatt

I tried to grab two relatively hard trials from both games(cody is my 2ndary so I can do this in my sleep btw) but as you can see, the timing and the sheer amount of inputs is just ridiculous in MVC3. And Cody has a fairly lengthy amount of inputs for an SSF4 trial as well.

Of course though, if you've been playing MVC3 fairly regularly, the game will be easier for you and vice versa with SSf4. I've been playing SF4 regularly before SSF4 came out so I had all the trials done in 2-3 days. I stopped playing MVC3 once I got plat so that's probably why i'm having a hard time now.

Edited by Epedemic

Ah thanks for that tip, didn't you can press start+select to reset.

No problem. Not a lot of people know that. When I found that out in MvC3, I used it like crazy.

Of course though, if you've been playing MVC3 fairly regularly, the game will be easier for you and vice versa with SSf4. I've been playing SF4 regularly before SSF4 came out so I had all the trials done in 2-3 days. I stopped playing MVC3 once I got plat so that's probably why i'm having a hard time now.

I guess you have a point with this comparison, but Cody has one of the easier trials to finish. I think a more adequate comparison is Cody to Nemesis or maybe Hulk.

Also, you can pause in the middle of the combo to review the rest of it in the menu. You just need to know when the timing is lenient enough to let you.

With Vergil's 10th:

:right:+:circle: -> srk :square: -> :circle: -> air: :triangle: :circle: :cross: pause -> :circle: -> :right: + :circle: -> qcb :square: -> :down: + :circle: -> :cross: -> air: :triangle: :circle: :down: + :circle: pause-> srk 2xatt -> :lsse: + :circle: -> X-factor pause-> qcf :square: -> srk :triangle: -> qcb 2xatt -> qcb 2xatt

you can pause but some combos don't allow enough leeway like that such as wolverine's/morrigan's 10th or the magneto loop. It takes a lot more time to memorize the routines and dividing the combo up into separate portions that it's just a lot more work compared to sf4. sf4 is just 1-2-3, mvc3 is 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 and that's pretty much everyone's last few missions. You're also dealing with 48 characters vs. 35 so with more characters comes more difficulty. This game should be easily in the 9+/10 or maybe i'm just bad at an "easier" game.