|08-01-2012, 10:59 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: East Midlands (UK)
Red Dead Redemption Poker Tournament
Official PS3T Red Dead Redemption Poker Tournament
Signing Up Rules:
1) To participate, you need to have joined the site on (or before) July 15th, 2012 AND have over 250 posts. This is restricted to PS3T.org members ONLY.
2) No glitching. No lagging. Play straight or don't play at all.
3) Please post your PSN ID as well as your user name when you sign up. It'll make identification much easier.
4) Places will be open to anyone meeting the requirements. Sign ups will close on Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 at 8:30pm BST. The sign ups are on a first come, first serve basis, so the guaranteed spots will be allocated to those that are first to sign up in this thread. After 36 people have taken the spaces, subsequent sign ups will be allocated to the reserves list. This will also be on a first come, first serve basis in regards to which people replace spot holders that drop out of the competition.
5) The tournament will hold 36 players and the competition will take place on 2 back to back Saturdays. The first 36 members to sign up that meet the sign up requirements will be placed in the tournament. After the 36 spots are filled, a reserves list will be kept for all additional sign ups.
The event will span a total of 2 weeks. In the first week there will be 6 games consisting of 6 players all battling it out per lobby, the winner will progress into the final of the tournament. The second week will be the final and will consist of all 6 players that progressed from their respective group. You must be able to attend these times/dates (see below for schedule) as you will be reserving an empty seat that could otherwise be filled by another member.
6) The event will start with all 6 groups starting on Saturday August 18th, 2012 at 8:30pm BST (similarly to that of gaming nights). All groups will be randomized and a host will be allocated to ensure that everybody is in the lobby for the starting time. The host will not need to stay for the remainder of the poker match should they lose early on, as the lobby only disbands if posses are formed, so please try to avoid making them or at least disband them before the start. Each and every member must send in the score/ranking of where they finished to an Events Director via PM before 8:30pm BST on Wednesday 22nd August, 2012 (preferably sooner rather than later). This also applies for the final, each player must send where they scored/ranked to an Events Director before Wednesday 29th August, 2012 (preferably sooner rather than later). The schedule will be as follows:
8) We have a three strikes policy for people who do not show up. If you signed up, you will need to post at least a few hours prior to the event starting to not receive a strike. The first strike, you will receive a warning that if you sign up, you are taking up a spot and need to attend. The second time, you will automatically be placed on the reserves list the next time you sign up and not be guaranteed a spot. After the third strike, you will not be able to sign up for future gaming events. It is your responsibility to make sure that you both arrive and make it on time.
9) If you fail to make a round without informing an Events Director a few hours prior, not only will you be issued a strike, you will automatically forfeit your match. Either one of the reserves will replace you in the tournament for continuity, the seat will remain empty, or in the situation of this happening in the final, the second placed player from the first round will replace you. This rule also applies if you are running late and the game has already started. The game will not be restarted for somebody that isn't able to make it on time, so make sure that you are there at the dedicated starting time or earlier.
10) fletchar2, tuffmuff and OnceFallen will be your contacts for this tournament. Any issues/concerns etc must be sent via PM to them alone, along with all of the individual ranking PMs from each member. See the rules below for more information.
Specific Game Rules:
1) You need the Liars & Cheats expansion pack to participate in this tournament. Without this expansion pack you do not have access to the poker tables, and thus, are unable to participate in the tournament. In the event that you are unsure whether you have the DLC or not, please check before signing up to prevent one of the 36 spaces from being held.
2) A host will be selected to set up the party and initiate the game. It is up to them to ensure that the proper settings have been used. If they arenít the settings given below and you want to dispute the differentiating settings that the host created, you will need to provide proof that they were incorrect (via photos), otherwise youíll have to accept the loss. There are no exceptions to these rules. The following settings must be used:
3) If a player drops out of the game once it has started for any reason (disconnect, lag etc), they will forfeit the match. This not only counts for the lobby in general, but also for the poker table. If you leave, regardless of whether you have lost or have simply exited the table, you are out. Absolutely no exceptions here.
4) Once again, your match must be completed at the given time. There are no reschedules. If we do not receive your final score before the following Wednesday deadline, the second placed player from the group of the dropped out winner will progress (or the highest ranked player that actually sends their position in). Similarly, if we do not receive all of the rankings from individuals in the final before the Wednesday deadline, the highest ranked player that sends in their score will automatically win.
5) Final scores must be reported by ALL members (only your personal ranking, you do not need to rank every player) and sent to an Events Director via PM. If there are any disputes over the scores/rankings, photos of the final score will need to be provided. If visual proof is only provided by one member, that memberís proof will be used; if no visual proof is provided and the dispute cannot be resolved, all members involved will be disqualified. Please make sure to cover your bases and take photos for proof if you're concerned; otherwise your dispute will be dismissed as one person's word against another's and will stand no ground.
6) In the event that members from a table get disqualified for whatever reason, a member(s) from the reserves list will be allowed to take a spot in the first round. This occurrence should be rare (because everyone should be on their best behaviour) but the rule will be set in place for continuity and so that we aren't left with a hole in the final the following week. This rule is non-negotiable.
7) DO NOT post disputes in the forums. Disputes are to be handled via PM only. This will be strictly enforced and leaves you open to being disqualified where necessary.
8) There is a strict zero tolerance policy with this tournament, meaning that if you are going to make allegations of cheating etc then you must provide concrete proof of the issue. If no proof is determined, the claim will be dismissed as hearsay. If further drama ensues, all members involved in the dispute will be disqualified. Additionally, problems arising out of any misconduct during this tournament will disqualify you from participation in future tournaments and possibly other events that PS3T holds. That includes unnecessary complaining, flaming, drama and/or the breaking of ANY rules stated here.
9) These rules are completely non-negotiable.
Good luck with the tournament everybody, and remember to get your poker face on!
Last edited by fletchar2; 08-02-2012 at 09:54 PM.
|08-01-2012, 11:00 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: East Midlands (UK)
Time Zone Details
Sydney, Australia - 5:30 AM
Tokyo - 5:30 AM
Perth, Australia/Hong Kong - 4:30 AM
Bangkok - 3:30 AM
New Delhi, India - 2:00 AM
Moscow - 00:30 PM
Kuwait - 11:30 PM
Berlin, Germany - 9:30 PM
UK - 8:30 PM
New York - 3:30 PM
Chicago - 2:30 PM
Denver - 1:30 PM
Phoenix, AZ - 12:30 PM
San Diego - 12:30 PM
Honolulu - 10:30 AM
If you are unsure of your time zone, then please check one of these websites to make sure you know what time the event begins:
Time Zone Converter - Time & Time Zone Conversion
The World Clock Ė Time Zones
Sign Up List:
3) AlphaCookie (Alpha_Cookie)
5) Psuedonym (SOOPS-00)
1) Blessorship (USS_Blessorship)
3) sansamb (nurse_sansam)
4) TheManUtdFan (FeXcEz-_-Sk1lLzz)
4) Nille (Nillee_)
3) Blessorship (USS_Blessorship)
Last edited by fletchar2; 08-23-2012 at 11:21 PM.
|08-01-2012, 11:06 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England, UK
Awesome! I'll most likely be signing up, but don't put me down yet as I'll need to get the GOTY version first.
Is there a shiny site award involved?
|08-01-2012, 11:11 PM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kansas (GMT-6)
Well, can't participate in this one. Good luck to those participating.
|08-01-2012, 11:27 PM||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
I'll have to pass on this one. Good luck to all the contestants/competitors.
|08-01-2012, 11:40 PM||#8 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Awesome! Sign me up please.
|08-01-2012, 11:42 PM||#9 (permalink)|
I'm "all" in. Praying that I get grouped randomly in DP's group.
|08-01-2012, 11:45 PM||#10 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Utah's PS3T
Okay, sign me up for poker. Time to put on my poker face.