Multiplayer - TWO player boost method

Yoda91192

Hey everyone,

First off, This is NOT a boosting thread, so don't ask for help here. There's already a thread for it.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tomb-raider/190616-trophy-boosting-thread-read-first-post.html

Getting to Level 60 requires you to earn 1,771,100 XP.. You would need a total of about 7million but due to a recent patch, getting to 3rd Prestige level 58 in no longer required.. Now, you're going to need a total of roughly 250,000 Salvage to buy everything for Shopaholic.

Unfortunately I'm unable to make a video of this method, but it's pretty simple. It's the exact same as the AlexStunts method, just with two players needed instead of three. Here's a quick text guide on how to do it, if you're interested.

•  
  • Create a Private Match of Rescue on either Beach or Underground.
  • Invite your boosting partner. Now it doesn't matter which faction you choose seeing as how you'll take turns switching between rounds anyway.
  • Set the Match Options to the max, the ideal set up would be 20 minutes, Best of 3(doesn't really matter), You can leave the "Medkits to retrieve" at 5, but change the "Survivors to Kill" to 100.
  • Start the game.

Player 1 (The Solarii) : From your spawn point, Head to the Survivor's side of the map and stay in close vicinity of the Drop Zone for the medkit (shown as a medium sized blue circle on the floor).

Player 2 (The Survivor) : Once you spawn, haul ass straight to the first medkit, now make your way back with it, stopping RIGHT next to the Drop Zone (NOT delivering it).

Player 1 now shoots and downs (preferably w/ a Headshot for more points) Player 2 AND finishes him/her off w/ :triangle:, getting even more XP for the Execution. The first kill should grant you about 2000-3000 XP.. There's an ammo box in the same room (on both maps) as the Drop Zone if needed.

Player 2 runs back after spawning then picks up the medkit (quickly before it disappears and spawns somewhere else) to die again and so on and so forth.

Simply rinse and repeat. That's it.

Depending how long you two are taking to do this, You should get at very LEAST 90,000 XP every 20 minutes. I got 105,000 XP w/ 55 kills my very FIRST try doing this while my partner got about 99,000 XP since he got about 10 less kills as me.

I just want to thank DOPE BOI from x360a for finding out the original method, it's still very great if people want to do it solo. Also want to thank my partner Lightsp33d1987 for going through a few matches with me using this method.

After calculating the times, solo DOES seems faster but I only average about 120,000-140,000 XP an hour on solo, where as combined in an hour, you and your partner will have received nearly 300,000 XP, meaning whoever started as Salarii gets about 200k for pretty much 40 minutes gameplay.

I'm not saying this method is any better than AlexStunts method, but shuffling between 3 people may be too much for some people so here's yet another alternative.

Hope this helps some of you out.

Edited by Yoda91192

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is funny how there's solo, 2 player and 3 player methods thread

Lol, well I didn't wanna post in the other threads since it'd be lost within the pages of comments so I figured why not make a new one.

thanks for the method

it could've been perfect if you can chat with your friend in Rescue ...

You're welcome, and yeah it kind of sucks, but it's still less boring than doing it all solo.

This way would also be easy with a second PS3 i think as well you could easy juggle 2 controllers and get 300,000xp per hour, Where the 3 player way may be a pain to juggle 3 controllers and also 3 PS3's would be a bit OTT lol.

Indeed mate, Though we were doing pretty fine ourselves despite taking turns. :)

A little off topic but how do I add my yourgamecard IMG I'm trying to do it on my phone and can't figure it out

A little? Lol j/k.. You'd have to go within your own profile on this site, and then edit your signature and just paste the code from your profile on YGC.

Edited by ShadowAFC
Double Post

i'm wondering about boosting in free roam ... do you think that it would be almost the same ?

i mean a 2 player boosting every round they take turns in blasting each other with a headshot for extra XP.

i think its great even if the XP is little compared to Rescue but time will fly by chatting.

Edited by PSEXPERT

i'm wondering about boosting in free roam ... do you think that it would be almost the same ?

i mean a 2 player boosting every round they take turns in blasting each other with a headshot for extra points

You mean like the regular "You kill me, I kill you, you kill me, etc"? I don't know.. could work, but would require too much running around the map, therefore wasting time off the 20 minutes.

i mean a 2 player boosting every round they take turns in blasting each other with a headshot for extra XP.

i think its great even if the XP is little compared to Rescue but time will fly by chatting.

Yeah the chatting would be more fun granted but i would say the xp in FFA would be no where near as good as say the rescue methods, But mixing things up would keep people sane lol.

You mean like the regular "You kill me, I kill you, you kill me, etc"? I don't know.. could work, but would require too much running around the map, therefore wasting time off the 20 minutes.

no i mean that they take turns each round not each kill

Yeah the chatting would be more fun granted but i would say the xp in FFA would be no where near as good as say the rescue methods, But mixing things up would keep people sane lol.

don't think about XP in fact don't even care about it as time will fly by when you are chatting.

for me i don't care if the XP is way less cuz with my best buddy is chatting with me a 20 minutes feels like 20 seconds.

Edited by ShadowAFC
Double Post

no i mean that they take turns each round not each kill

Oh, well then that's the whole point of the method... Whoever is Solarii kills, So if you start as Salarii, you're killing the 1st, 3rd and 5th round, If you started as Survivor, you're killing during the 2nd and 4th round. That's one reason the 2 and 3 people methods seem longer, because the people boosting have to take turns.

Edited by Yoda91192

Also I like all the methods so far, but I hate the grind either way. I think for me just normally playing rounds mixed with a few hours of solo boosting keeps me sane. @~@ but if I'm correct to hit prestige 3 you have to reach level 60, 3 different times?

Yes, but technically it's 4 times since you need to reach Prestige 3, Level 58.

1st run - Getting to Level 60

2nd run - Starting from Prestige 1 Level 1, getting to 60 again

3rd run - Starting from Prestige 2 Level 1, getting to 60.. again

4th and final run - Starting from Prestige 3 Level 1, and getting to 58

Edited by ShadowAFC

Oh, well then that's the whole point of the method... Whoever is Solarii kills, So if you start as Salarii, you're killing the 1st, 3rd and 5th round, If you started as Survivor, you're killing during the 2nd and 4th round. That's one reason the 2 and 3 people methods seem longer, because the people boosting have to take turns.

its really funny when you think of the 3 methods

the 1st one is solo boosting which is hell boring but with great XP

the 2nd one is multi boosting without chatting and somewhat boring with good XP

the 3rd one is multi boosting with chatting and entertaining but less XP

its like they are all great and horrible at the same time damn the developers

i think that i'm going to open a new thread with my method LOL

sorry i'm a new member i don't know how to double quote in one post

Edited by ShadowAFC
Double Post

So which method gives to most xp per hour?

Typically the solo method... You just get more XP from the 2 and 3 methods since you're actually using the full 20 minutes and not ending the match prematurely by getting all 20 medkits in 8-12 minutes.

can you do the other online trophies in private matches too ? i am thinking you could except the ranked win one

I just can't seem to get some of them there too fast down that zipline for me lol

You can get ALL multiplayer trophies except for "I'm all that" in private match.

Edited by Yoda91192

A little off topic but how do I add my yourgamecard IMG I'm trying to do it on my phone and can't figure it out

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/faq/154907-ps3t-signature-trophy-card-guide.html

sorry i'm a new member i don't know how to double quote in one post

Click the 'Multi Off' button for each post that you want to quote. Then click 'Post Reply'.

----

Jay,

Please don't backseat Mod. Just report it and move on.