Final boss advice on hard mode - a quick guide to all those unanswered questions

BarryScott

Howdy folks.

If this seems really obvious, sorry - but fuck it. It's not like I tied you to a chair and made you read it. It is aimed at all of the people asking for help on the final boss on hard mode. If this isn't you, then go read something else.

I played the game on the hardest setting from the start to avoid multiple plays. Upon reaching the boss, I found out about the "instant death" glitch where the sword kills you for no good reason. On a few attempts, I even died when the boss was down and all I had to do was hit :triangle:

So:

~ Play the game on Hard up to the boss.

~ change difficulty to Easy and defeat the boss.

~ Go back and complete England time trial to gain the Bulletprrof cheat

~ Go back to the last level on Hard and use the bulletproof cheat.

By doing this you will get the trophies for completing the game on easy/medium and on hard mode by only replaying the final level once.

Apparently, you don't have to play the game start to finish on hard, as long as each level has been played on that mode.

The other upside is you now have bulletproof unlocked, so whipping through the rest of the levels in time trial will be no problem at all (made even easier if you complete the final level time trial which will get you one shot kills).

Howdy folks.

If this seems really obvious, sorry - but fuck it. It's not like I tied you to a chair and made you read it. It is aimed at all of the people asking for help on the final boss on hard mode. If this isn't you, then go read something else.

I played the game on the hardest setting from the start to avoid multiple plays. Upon reaching the boss, I found out about the "instant death" glitch where the sword kills you for no good reason. On a few attempts, I even died when the boss was down and all I had to do was hit :triangle:

So:

By doing this you will get the trophies for completing the game on easy/medium and on hard mode by only replaying the final level once.

Apparently, you don't have to play the game start to finish on hard, as long as each level has been played on that mode.

The other upside is you now have bulletproof unlocked, so whipping through the rest of the levels in time trial will be no problem at all (made even easier if you complete the final level time trial which will get you one shot kills).

Nice one, i love the top line! :p

Im on the last level now so this is very useful! :)

Edited by CoolDust

Sorry if this sounds dumb but after I loaded my hard game which is saved at the checkpoint of the final boss there's no way to change difficulties from the options menu. Then I went into options in the main menu and there still wasnt a way to change difficulty. How to change difficulty?

EDIT I did it on hard but thanks anyway.

Edited by Gunmaster51

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this. Worked a treat. For the posters above, I don't know about changing the difficulty mid-checkpoint...here's how I did it:

Played the entire game up to the end of Nepal on Hard. Saved the game just at the end of Nepal (at the level end screen where it shows you what you've unlocked etc). Then changed the difficulty on that screen to easy, continued game, and beat the boss on easy.

Then I quit the game and did the time trial on England via Load Level. Saved progress at the end of that. Then did load level on Bolivia Redux, selected difficulty Hard, entered the cheat code for Bulletproof while the opening cutscene was playing and from there it was p*ss.

I guess if you have only saved at the Bolivia Redux checkpoint, you can just quit out and then load level Bolivia Redux from the main menu and choose easy difficulty? Then beat her, unlock time trial and do the same as above? Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Thank you for this. Worked a treat. For the posters above, I don't know about changing the difficulty mid-checkpoint...here's how I did it:

Played the entire game up to the end of Nepal on Hard. Saved the game just at the end of Nepal (at the level end screen where it shows you what you've unlocked etc). Then changed the difficulty on that screen to easy, continued game, and beat the boss on easy.

Then I quit the game and did the time trial on England via Load Level. Saved progress at the end of that. Then did load level on Bolivia Redux, selected difficulty Hard, entered the cheat code for Bulletproof while the opening cutscene was playing and from there it was p*ss.

i did in this way. :applause:

• 5 months later...
Howdy folks.

So:

I played to the boss level then saved it. then quit to menu but there was no option to do the redux level so how do u change the difficulty level.

got to the last lvl boss on hard, getting wiped out by the sword glitch. Saved the game and quit but there is no redux lvl in the list of lvls to play on easy. tried playing nepal on easy to see if it would unlock the redux but no dice. So how the hell do you change the difficuty to easy on this last lvl if you cant finish it on hard??????

• 3 months later...

As far as I'm concerned this is the hardest part of any game ever made. I have only ever died thanks to the sword glitch, which basically means I'm frightened to attack in case I kill myself. Also I can bring the monster down 7 times, but I have no idea how you get to it and press triangle, the most I can do is get three triangle moves.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Howdy folks.

So:

Cheers man this was a great help! Just kept killing myself with the sword :mad:

so the bulletproof cheat works against the last boss energy attack ?

Yes, the only way the Entity can kill you is by blasting you over the edge of the arena. You won't take any damage from its attacks.

the problem is i have trouble completing the england time trial.. the time continues to run even when you have died and during loading screen.. :(

Tomb Raider HUB | Tomb Raider 7: Legend Time Trial Tips

Use the tips here if you're still having trouble - they're helping me out immensely. :)

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/18/2011 at 8:19 PM, EdClarke said:

I guess if you have only saved at the Bolivia Redux checkpoint, you can just quit out and then load level Bolivia Redux from the main menu and choose easy difficulty? Then beat her, unlock time trial and do the same as above? Just a thought.

Thanks. Worked for me.

Not that I could beat the stupid boss normally I came so close so many times but the game wasn't cooperating was just dying for no reason. Just followed your instructions and it was a walk in the park and also got the "The Hard Way" Trophy.

Edited by darkside7711