Rate the trophy difficulty  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_3.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 2.97

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the plat, voted 2.

The trophies for the game are very easy, most of them you will get not even trying... For example I got both Chain Beginner and Master before even knowing what I need to do to get a Chain. Chemistries and combos are also simple, even if you have trouble with combos after getting the time speed ability you can get far higher than 20 combo just smashing :circle: and ignoring the enemy.

The game gives lots of visual aids for the main quest and for the subquest making very easy to do them, knowing where to go, where is the enemy located or the person of interest, etc... After finishing the game for the first time it enables the Ex New Game and even tells you what you have to do to get the special ending.

The love meter and money also aren't any problem, got them before the half of the game and again not even doing anything different them playing the game normally. The visual aids also help where you can get the conversation points and memory points, which some of them have the images for the gallery.

The only trophy that could bring problem is お弁当食べマスター where you need to receive each of the 12 obentos from Toki and Towa and they are random. But you don't need to get all of them in one playthrough, as long you got and save the system data the game will know.

Time spent: ~40 hours

Edited by orthmann

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure I clearly understand how to consciously do chains and chemistry (although I've unlocked both trophies for doing them once). Can you clarify that for me? Thanks :)

Chain is the same as combos but with magic instead, if you throw another magic at the enemy while he is still flashing from the last magic attack you gave it's a chain. Drake's flame ball also works for the chain, but the time spam after his attacks is very very small.

Chemistry is when you chain two specific elemental magics in sequence, which will then happen a "chemistry" that inflicts a status on the enemy. Here are the 4 chemistries you can do (must be in that order)

Earth->Fire : lava attack that will inflict on the enemy from time to time (it's the only status that will persists to the others enemies in the match)

Fire->Lightning : debuf decrease physical and magical defenses

Lightning->Ice : silence

Ice->Earth : sleep

Drake's flame ball also works for chemistries, but he loves throwing that when you want to do another chemistry :D From those 4 chemistries only Ice->Earth will be possible late in the game where Toki and/or Towa have magics for all elements, but their cast time for the spells they are not familiar are longer and you will need to freeze time or speed the timer to be possible to do that.

For chemistry master you need to do those 4 chemistries, don't need to be done in the same fight. And chain master you probably will get without trying with Drake's flame ball + your magic attacks, even if it's troubling you both Toki and Towa will learn a powerful attack later in the game what alone causes a 10 chain.

When you get Dragon Master gift, this gives you a 10SP skill which commands Drake to follow up your elemental magic with elemental breath that gives a chemistry effect. In the action skill list it's the second from the bottom.

So begin the battle, use 10SP skill I talked about and Drake parks himself next to the girl. Throw Lightning spell with Toki, and Drake follows up with ice breath, thus Silencing your enemy.

Once I knew this, it was very easy to defeat final CH3 boss and all CH4 bosses with lv25 Toki and Towa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally finished this game.

4/10 from me.

Took me around 40 hours (32 hours for 1st play and 8 hours for 2nd play).

2nd play on Normal was hard even with equipping best armor available in the shop.

The hardest part was the boss on Chapter 3 since she started with deadly magic which will reduce around 4000 HP -_-

I could prevent last boss from using deadly magic with Time Freeze, but since it wasn't available until the end of Chapter 3 and I was underleveled, I got hard time with her.

Too lazy to level up again lol.

Btw, I bought Ai no Omomi Pack before the last battle since I messed up with the love balance xD

Only 100 Yen on JP Store and it really saved my time for getting Platinum.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/aoki_tsurugi.png

Edited by celestial

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Most definitely a 2/10.

The game is really just all about collectibles, everything aside from that unlocked naturally for me. The Meals (I prefer referring to them as Bento) just took a small bit of time reloading, and wasn't frustrating for me as it might be for others.

The game itself however is extremely easy due to Chemistry. I went up the Level 50 final boss at Level 15, so as you can tell Chemistry really dumbs down the game's difficulty (not that I mind, it's nice to have a non-grindy J-RPG for once). New Game+, if you were to do it in one sitting, would only take about an afternoon of your time. Balancing the Affection Meter is rather easy, too. Everything about this (P) is just best described as easy. :p

Anyway, absolutely loved this game, I literally cannot fault it personally. Certainly lived up to my high expectations. I plan to import the Japanese version simply to enjoy the game again.

Anyway, absolutely loved this game, I literally cannot fault it personally. Certainly lived up to my high expectations. I plan to import the Japanese version simply to enjoy the game again.

You...are one of the rare ones :eek: I've seen people who thought the game was decent, but I have yet to see anyone love it as much as you do. Nothing wrong with that, mind you.

Anyway, I realized that I have yet to write down my two cents. So 2/10, like I said in my guide. Even if one has trouble grasping the Chemistry concept, being able to retry battles over and over without penalty makes the game a joke.

You...are one of the rare ones :eek: I've seen people who thought the game was decent, but I have yet to see anyone love it as much as you do. Nothing wrong with that, mind you.

Well I'm not really one to judge since I was anticipating the game ever since it was announced first, so I guess my excitement washed away anything I could have potentially found bad in the game. :p That, and I'm very easy-to-please when it comes to games, and find it hard to fault games which are often seen to have bad controls, voice-acting or gameplay. :D

voted 3 ^_^

it's an easy plat i didn't need a guide or anything , the first time i finished the game i got everything except the bento master ! i got every meal except two of them and the strange thing for me is that when i got the ones i missed the trophy popped without getting all of them in one run !! , and everything else is EASY really there is nothing hard ,, i heard people talk about the bento trophy as pain in the ass but it's not really , just play normally not rushing things and finish the sub quests and u will get everything .. the final boss attacks give me a Zero damage lol and even in the speed run with the Chemistry really no boss can touch u at all with the silence and the other effects ,, and don't worry about the Love balance u feel like the game wants u to balance it XD ,, one of my easiest if Not the easiest plat till now ,, and sure thing easy but enjoyable and it's fun to get them all , not like the last of us which is classic trophies .

about the game .. i was waiting for it since the first trailer really ! and finally play it

it's good and awesome voice actors - i mean the jap of course - ..

but it's not that deep story or a big and memorable RPG like Ni No Kuni or the amazing game that we will all play soon and i can't wait .. Tales of Xillia <3 .. so it's a warming up for me ,, but it deserve to be played i enjoy my time with it ,, i am an old rpg fan so when i play any game i want i get everything and love to talk to everyone and such and this game lack many things .. and i can't believe it's the same team that make Arc Rise Fantasia a game i reallly love deep story and awesome battle system and i big world and anything i except from an RPG ,, but i think the members of the team changed .

sorry for the long comment XD hope everyone enjoy the game and get this plat <3

Edited by Lloydo Sama

• 2 weeks later...

I gave Time & Eternity 2/10

A fairly easy game, which I enjoyed spending my time playing. Nothing hard except going through the second playthrough and it was a matter of getting your chemistry attacks landing on the enemies. I ignored using chemistry at first and when I kept getting pulverised by the boss battles, I found out that chemistry was pretty useful.

An enjoyable game where I wouldn't mind starting up a new game save just for the fun of it :)