Rate the trophy difficulty  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.90

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave it a 3... I don't have the Platinum yet but I played 40 hours and all I have to do before getting the Platinum is to grind and finish the game with Jude.

You can miss items, treasure chests, random treasures, enemies, sub events, etc. and still get the associated trophies.

Tales of Vesperia (8/10) and Tales of Graces f (6/10) were way harder to plat and required organization.

Everything was rushed in Tales of Xillia, even the trophies.

Edit: http://imageshack.us/f/546/platinexillia.png/

Still 3/10.

Edited by Oldpeters

I gave it a 3... I don't have the Platinum yet but I played 40 hours and all I have to do before getting the Platinum is to grind and finish the game with Jude.

You can miss items, treasure chests, random treasures, enemies, sub events, etc. and still get the associated trophies.

Tales of Vesperia (8/10) and Tales of Graces f (6/10) were way harder to plat and required organization.

Everything was rushed in Tales of Xillia, even the trophies.

Edit: Imageshack - platinexillia.png

Still 3/10.

"You can miss items, treasure chests, random treasures, enemies, sub events, etc. and still get the associated trophies."

Can you elaborate a bit more on this point? I ask because I'm only 8 hours into Xillia, but based on what I've seen so far and read on JP Wikis, it looks like sub-events are very missable (many are time-sensitive) and if you aren't being thorough about the random treasures, treasure chests etc. clean-up will be a pain at the end. Am I missing something?

P.S. Star Ocean, Xillia, Graces, Vesperia, and Disgaea 3 (P)s... That is a sexy screenshot!

Edited by Aeliana

"You can miss items, treasure chests, random treasures, enemies, sub events, etc. and still get the associated trophies."

Can you elaborate a bit more on this point? I ask because I'm only 8 hours into Xillia, but based on what I've seen so far and read on JP Wikis, it looks like sub-events are very missable (many are time-sensitive) and if you aren't being thorough about the random treasures, treasure chests etc. clean-up will be a pain at the end. Am I missing something?

P.S. Star Ocean, Xillia, Graces, Vesperia, and Disgaea 3 (P)s... That is a sexy screenshot!

Meaning you don't have to obtain ALL of those things for each of their trophies, other games you are forced to get them but in Xillia it gives you some breathing space. Obtaining as many as you can as you progress will reduce that amount of clean up you will have to do in the end (if any).

That doesn't mean you can be lazy with it though, you still have to try to get everything. The only notable missable are those sub events which you have two chances at (considering you have two playthroughs you have to go through anyway) follow a guide for that and everything else can be done at any time.

Setsuna summed it well, and even if you miss some chests/random treasures in one-time only locations there are still more than enough to get the trophies. Subevents can indeed be trickier. There are 102 and 32 of them (I think) are time sensitive (but only a few of those 32 have a very strict timing). Since you must complete 90 of them you have to be careful (but if you talk to everyone...).

Thanks for the comment on my screenshot but it's not as sexy as Leia :p

I vote the game a 4/10, The difficulty can be alittle higher for those who don't understand Kanji, Kana or Hirigana (deciphering google translated guides was a pain for those subevents) but aside from that everything else was pretty straightforward and the fact that you can play this game strictly on EASY and get all the trophies definitely factors into my vote.

Not going to vote on it yet as there are a few trophies that I would need "a little" help on.

Subevents: 2nd Playthrough

100 combo: No idea how

Optional boss: How high do I have to be to defeat him without using too many items?

Sub-Events: Follow one of the walkthrough guides on the TOX wiki or gameclear walkthrough.

100 Combo: I'll upload a video for it momentarily and send it to you

Optional Boss: Well you definitely want to be using your Fel Arm's, Have a FULL inventory of items and as many helpful skills on as you can. I think the biggest factor to helping anyone win would be the timeclock item that freezes time for 10 seconds, if you were to spam it throughout the third form of the Hidden Dungeon boss you will surely kill him no problem .

For the sub-events I am using the TOX Wiki as it has helped me find some Aifried treasures, a couple of Fel Arms and those mysterious beads.

The 100 combo video will hopefully help me.

Optional boss. Thinking of using All Divides as well. Not sure if I can use more than one each time he "changes". Anyway for him, I will fight him after I get the skill trophies, possibly armour shop VIP as well.

Currently material farming in Tataru Caves.

Bleh, playing on easy seems like such a copout. I put it on Hard from the getgo and have owned everything so far, though the big guy with the hammer was annoying so I dropped it to Second. In Graces F I basically played Chaos for enemies, Evil (or whatever was 1 lower) for all bosses and had no issues (except for the damn lasers)... this one will probably be more of the same.

Still, for pure difficulty rating, the ability to play on easy instantly drops it for everyone else, I guess.

For the 100 combo, one of the walkthrough sites suggests putting 1 Damage on Milla and spamming Sylph on any larger enemy. I'm not nearly that far yet to know.

Edited by Akari

That 10 combo that Akari mentioned worked. Just had to kill off the enemies until there was only one, then used Milla spam Sylph with 1 damage while the other 3 just used gels to heal my TP. Only went to 200 so I could get all the grade points to do with the combo.

Golden Swordsman. Thanks Setsuna. My Item store VIP was at Lvl 100 so those items were half price. Went in there and defeated him second go.

The only annoying one now is the max skills trophies. Subevents are going to be second play through. That way I only have to worry about the subevents while doing Judes story. Then, bam, complete the story and get platinum.

4/10 from me, for the same reasons others mentioned. Currently at 70% Trophies, finishing up my grinding before 2nd Playthrough. As long as you are meticulous and thorough, most of the trophies are not a problem and come naturally toward the end of the game (the list is rather bottom-heavy).

EDIT - Just got my (P) (3rd in the Max Clubs!) and it's still a 4/10 to me. Total time was 63 hours, though at least a couple of those were spent idle. I'd estimate the 60-80 hour range is a fair estimate.

Edited by Aeliana

4/10 for me. Sub events were annoying but not too bad. The rare monsters were the worst. Went through so many areas just to get the last 5.

All up it took me 75 hours. Mucked around for a little bit so I brought a level up item from the PSN store. If I didn't then I would say after another 5 hours, I would platinum this game. So Tales of Xillia is probably a 70 to 80 hour plat in my opinion.

also voted for 4, took me 96 hours to plat the game because i really enjoyed playing in unknown difficulty so battles took longer on my 2nd playthrough. My last trophy was for the sub-events one, not much to say, its just time consuming on some parts. Best way to get those rare monster is in Heriobogu Base 1st floor, just don't finish the story there because once done the monsters there won't respawn anyome.

I gave this a 3/10. I don't see what's to hard about getting this platinum. It is just time consuming. My last trophy was using food 800 times in battle. Just use a guide throughout the story for the subevents and stuff. I most of the trophies on my first playthrough of Jude.

But yeah, I have Xillia and Graces now. Xillia has been the easiest so far. I plan on picking up Vesperia later on.

• 2 months later...

I found the game to be a pretty easy Platinum. The most difficult part was the sub events mainly because I do not know Japanese. The 100-hit combo trophy a friend and I did our second try. All the miscellaneous trophies were pretty simple as well, slightly time consuming though.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Voted a 3. This is the easiest Tales game on PS3 to (P), since you don't even have to complete collector's and monster's book. Missing too many sub events can be troublesome, but at least you can keep track of them in the menu.

The hardest trophy is probably the rare monster one. They are not hard to defeat, but actually making one spawn on the map. There are a few places though, where you leave and enter again quickly, until you find a rare monster.

Tales of Xillia is like many other games in the series a great game. Can't wait to play the European edition in 2013.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Voted 3.

Only followed a guide for the sub-events, although most of them you will find naturally if you explore everything in the cities I would still sugest to use a guide to know how much sub-events you can do in each chapter and so on.

The collectibles trophies aren't hard, there is a breath room as others said in the amount you need for each of them. If you play looking for them you will not have to worry about them post-game and they are not extremelly well hidden anyway.

The 100hit combo I got while playing naturally against a sidequest monster, didn't had to use any trick like the 1damage, so this one is not hard either.

Probably the only thing that could give some unexpected problem is the Golden Swordsman but you can lower the difficulty, use some items (I totally forgot about the Hour Glass item, those help). So even some attack-spammer-ignore-defense like me can beat him.

• 6 months later...

3/10

Nothing really hard, most is just grinding and doing everything and picking up all treasures as you go along the game. Much easier in both difficulty and time consuming wise as Graces was in my opinion. Second playthrough can be done really fast with carrying over the likes of all levels, devil arms, special items, triple crit and double damage.