Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 3 Trophy Guide and Road Map

Overview:

- Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10 - Difficulty rating has been decided by the forum members in the difficulty rating thread.

- Offline: 11 (5(B) , 5(S) , 1(G) )

- Online: 0

- Approximate amount of time to 100%: 1-10 hours

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

- Number of missable trophies: 7

- Glitched trophies: 0

- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats

Introduction: ToMI Chapter 3 - Lair of the Leviathan is fairly straightforward when it comes to trophy completion. You should easily be able to pick them all up on one playthrough, even without the guide, just by checking over the trophy titles and descriptions before starting and keeping them in mind as you play. Furthermore, the game itself is rather short, so going back for a second playthrough to mop up if necessary will not take that long. Due to this, I would recommend not using any guides on your first run, as figuring out all the puzzles on your own has always been the spirit of these kind of adventure games.

The only things to watch out for are the missable trophies. Aside from the four that are tied to story events, all of them can be missed. They are as follows:

-The 0.01 Percent Solution

-Meet Murray

-Frequent Tuber

-I'm So Faced

-Bongos Baby, Yeah

-Lord of the Locket

-What a Card

This is because as you complete the story, you will lose and/or use required items, characters will become unavailable, or the plot moves you along to a new location while leaving old locations inaccessible. But again, just looking at their descriptions alone and keeping them in mind should make them all quite easy to pick up, and if not, a second playthrough to mop up.

Step 1: Play the story. You will pick up the four plot related trophies, and will probably have little trouble getting most of the rest. Again, I would recommend not using a guide for this playthrough, but if all you're looking for is a set of quick trophies, go ahead and use the guide to knock them all out in one go.

Step 2: If you happened to miss any of the seven missable trophies in your first playthrough, play the game again to mop up. If you need this step, it will not take long seeing as how you already know how to advance the plot this time. Also, you may use :circle: to skip any dialog you don't want to hear again.

Roadmap by mjc0961

Edited by lukey52
Updated Roadmap added

MISSABLE

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/620/01.jpg The 0.01 Percent Solution(B)

Got one one ten thousandth of the way through the alternate solution to the Cochlea puzzle

DeCava explains that he has been building a Cochlea to replace the missing one on the Manatee, and that he needs your help collecting grubs. If you keep asking him about it, he tells you he will need 100,000 grubs. 0.01% of 100,000 is 10, so all you need to do is go over to the grub on the left side of the area (near your ship) and bring it back to him 10 times (as it will keep respawning).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/620/05.jpgMeet Murray(B)

Introduced Murray to everyone

After you pick the lock of the treasure chest in the brotherhood hideout using your hook, you'll find Murray. Take him out of your inventory (using :cross:) and show him to Bug Eye, Noogie, Moose, Santino, Morgan, and DeCava.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/620/02.jpgFrequent Tuber(B)

Used all the Bile Tubes in all directions

When in the brotherhood area there will be odd looking bumps in the ground. After going to the second floor (the same one Bug Eye is on) you can turn left past all the gold/treasure to find 3 in a group. 2 of them you can use back and forth, and then one will have a blockage. You receive a mug later from DeCava to get him a drink. Instead, go talk to Noogie (playing the bongos) and tell him to play up tempo. Quickly use the tube beside him and run to the pool of acid (make sure you aren't too close or it's hard to lock on) and then take the mug out of your inventory and use it on the pool. You can then take the mug back to the blocked pipe, and travel back and forth in it to get the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/620/03.jpgI'm So Faced(B)

Tried every possible Face-Off feature

To Gain the vote and be voted into the Brotherhood, you will need to get Bug Eye's vote. He says he'll only vote you in if you beat him in a 'Face Off', so you'll need to learn some faces.

First, go down to the second level of the Brotherhood hideout and go into the open area near the pool of bile. There should be a Figurehead between the pool of bile and the mountain of treasure which you can look at to gain an expression. Approach Morgan, Noogie and Moose, and pick the 'ARRR' option to see their Pirate faces. That's around 6 new face options. You'll gain 3 new faces for seeing Bug Eye's face in round 1. (It's okay if you lose, you want that to happen so you have the opportunity to try all expressions).

Take your cup of bile over to the dirty painting and upon using it, you will gain two more faces.

Then, after retrieving another cup of bile (see Frequent Tuber for instructions), go back up to DeCava's camp. You should see him every so often put down his glasses, at which point take them fast. Combine them with your Eye of the Manatee in the inventory and then give it back to him. Now, give him the cup of bile, and get the final face. Go back and try and lose to Bug Eye a couple of times (you'll have to use at least one of the previous faces he did to lose the round), and then after beating him the trophy should pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/620/04.jpgBongo Baby, Yeah(B)

Played the bongos repeatedly

After you learn how to speak manatee you will need the pipe to do so. You should be on your ship, floating above the manatee mating grounds. Jump off the gangplank and walk along the ocean ground to the left to find the manatee who had once eaten you. Take out the seahorse head you found earlier, and offer it to the manatee. It will suck you up along with it, and you will find yourself in the Brotherhood hideout again. Head over to the bongo drums, but instead of putting the flopping fish on them, try playing them 3 times. The trophy will pop shortly after.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/620/09.jpgLord of the Locket(S)

Tried every Locket Combination

To learn the manatee language you're going to need to play around with the locket on your ship. It'll be on a barrel behind DeCava. Make sure to have your golden monkey wrench from the treasure chest in the mating grounds. Only put Guybrush's picture over DeCava's once you have done the first two options. These are the 4 options for the locket:

Voodoo Lady---> DeCava

Voodoo Lady<--- DeCava

Voodoo Lady---> GuyBrush

Voodoo Lady<--- Guybrush

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/620/10.jpgWhat a Card(S)

Tried every Tarot Card combination

There are a lot of options for this one, so I'm just going to list them. Put every card in your inventory and then replace them as follows, there will be a cutscene for each.

Marquee-->Voodoo--->GuyBrush

Marquee--->GuyBrush-->VooDoo

Voodoo--->Guybrush-->Marquee

Voodoo-->Marquee--->GuyBrush

Guybrush-->Voodoo-->Marquee

Guybrush--->Marquee-->Voodoo

As mentioned above each will trigger a cutscene and you have to do all of them for the trophy, but to complete the segment things will play out in different orders. And don't worry if you get kicked out of the locket, you can go back in to keep trying combinations.

Edited by Cornagandarub
Editorial Sweep

STORY-RELATED

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/620/06.jpgThe Newlyfed Game(S)

Convinced DeCava that Guybrush is married to Morgan

You won't be able to advance without this trophy as DeCava will keep giving you another chance. You have to answer every question correctly while in DeCava's cages for this. It's not too difficult, and the questions are at random, so here are the possible questions with corresponding answers:

Dead Uncle--->Jugbender

Trainer--->Dante Dragota

First Love--->Gus

Hero--->GuyBrush

Favorite Pet--->Gomez

First Ship--->Knave of Toro

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/620/07.jpgThere is a Brotherhood of Jerks(S)

Accepted into the Brotherhood

Story Related, all you have to do is call a vote after you have convinced all the brotherhood members as part of the story to vote you in.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/620/08.jpgLa Esponja... Grande?(S)

Acquired La Esponja Grande

After talking for the male manatee to the Sponge Guardian, you may enter the cave and acquire the sponge. The trophy will appear.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/620/11.jpgFeed the Beast(G)

Defeated DeCava and the Brotherhood

This is a bit of a tricky one to figure out. During the battle of DeCava's ship and yours, you need to complete a few steps. First, go to your main mast and attempt to climb it. Their cannonball will bounce back and destroy your cannon. Quickly take out the Seahorse head and place it in the cannon, and fire it at their ship. The trophy should pop as the credits begin.

For A Complete Walkthrough of the Game on GameFAQs made by user dark52, Click Here

Edited by Cornagandarub

• 3 weeks later...

Accidentally changed the picture to Guybrush first and didnt try DeCava with Voodoo Lady :( I cant change the picture to DeCava. what should i do? help

Lord of the Locket

Tried every Locket Combination

To learn the manatee language you're going to need to play around with the locket on your ship. It'll be on a barrel behind DeCava. Make sure to have your golden monkey wrench from the treasure chest in the mating grounds. Only put Guybrush's picture over DeCava's once you have done the first two options. These are the 4 options for the locket:

Voodoo Lady---> DeCava

Voodoo Lady<--- DeCava

Voodoo Lady---> GuyBrush

Voodoo Lady<--- Guybrush

Load a prior save or start the game over again. That's all you can do.

:( the prior save is already too late.. I guess i'll have to start over :pout:

will probably do it another day lol.

Missing trophies:

Talk to the Hook (B) chapter 2

Lord of the Locket (S) chapter 3

Im going to start chapter 4 now... i hope i dont have any missing trophies there :p

• 3 weeks later...
:( the prior save is already too late.. I guess i'll have to start over :pout:

will probably do it another day lol.

Missing trophies:

Talk to the Hook (B) chapter 2

Lord of the Locket (S) chapter 3

Im going to start chapter 4 now... i hope i dont have any missing trophies there :p

you wouldnt be missing any trophies here if the guide was written correct. That Lord Of the Locket trophy part needs to mention that you need to get your own picture when morgan drops it or your screwed as I just found out the hard way. now I have to play this POS again and I wouldnt want that to happen to anyone else

• 2 weeks later...
you wouldnt be missing any trophies here if the guide was written correct. That Lord Of the Locket trophy part needs to mention that you need to get your own picture when morgan drops it or your screwed as I just found out the hard way. now I have to play this POS again and I wouldnt want that to happen to anyone else
Sorry but you are incorrect. If for some reason you miss the blatantly obvious invitation to pick up the photo the first time you're inside the manatee, you can go back inside and get it later in the chapter for when you need it to advance. It is impossible to get stuck to the point of having to start over, this isn't a Sierra adventure game after all.

And next time, please be sure of what you're talking about before going around insulting guide authors.

Edited by mjc0961

I'll say it again:

How bout adding to the guide the fact for the "I'm So Faced" trophy you also must talk to Morgan to gain a face and with a cup of the yellow bile, you must splash it on the stained portrait near the bile tubes for another face.

Try a PM. Sadly, not every guide author subscribes to their guide threads. But I did find something wrong with the guide, I sent the author a PM, and it's been corrected, so try that.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...