Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People - Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free

Trophy Guide and Roadmap by Donkey-er

Overview:

Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10

Offline trophies: 12(B), 1(S), 1(G)

Online trophies: 0

Approximate time to 100%: 4-6 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

Number of missable trophies: 3 (see guide)

Number of glitched trophies: 0

Does difficulty affect trophies?: N/A

Do cheat codes disable trophies?: N/A

Introduction

Strong Bad returns in his second adventure! This time he'll be a war lord and conquering all of the world (well as far as the map goes). The same awesome gameplay is back too (like we saw in Tales of Monkey Island and Sam & Max).

[spoiler=8]You'll be playing as Strong Bad who gets trapped in his own house by the king. After escaping Strong Bad decides to take action and start his own nation, unlucky for him, so did all the other characters! Strong Bad doesn't drop his idea and starts conquering the other countries.

Step 1: Playing through the game while getting the collectables

The trophy layout is really easy, you just have to complete the story and get all the collectables and highscores. There should be some good guides on the net (since the game came out 2 years ago for the PC) if you get stuck. Every trophy itself is explained in the trophy guide, so check there if you're not sure how to get a trophy.

Step 2: going back in Extended Play

This is where you pick up a couple of things that couldn’t be done in the normal playthrough, you should also go for the highscores if you haven’t already done so.

If you missed anything from a missable trophy, you will have to start a new game.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/01.jpg (B)Long Burn the King!

Help create an wffigy of the King of Town and spark a rebellion.

Story related and cannot be missed

[spoiler=1]You’ll get this once you have your friends burn down the fence in front of the house and escape.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/02.jpg (B)The People’s Republic of Marzistar

Enter the People’s Republic of Marzistar.

[spoiler=2]You'll get this after you’ve blown open the cave and arrived in Marzistar

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/06.jpg (B)Attention!!!

Make all members of the Homestarmy stand at attention.

[spoiler=3]You’ll get this after you have recruited 5 people and got them ready for the fight. Once you're ready to storm the castle, you'll be in Marzipan's backyard. All the people you've gathered are lined up, talk to each one of them to give them a pep talk. There are 5 characters there, make sure you talk to each one of them! Once you've done that you can talk to Homestar, don't talk to him before.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/03.jpg (B)It’s Good to be the King

Do the unthinkable: Make Strong Bad the King of Free Country, USA.

[spoiler=4]You’ll get this right after Attention!!! There is just a cut-scene in between.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/04.jpg(G)It’s Not So Good to be the King

Return all of Free County, USA back to normal.

[spoiler=5]You’ll get this after getting the Of Town back to the castle in a game of Maps and Minions

Edited by Tuffinz
editorial sweep

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/05.jpg (B)Burninating the Countryside

Set all possible things on fire.

For this trophy you’ll need to set 13 things on fire, here’s a list with their locations:

[spoiler=6]You’ll get the lighter from the Cheat after you’ve given him the medal and took over his country

Maps and Minions box: right next to the Cheat.

Smoke Detector: in the living room next to the window in Bleak House.

Strong Bad’s Bed: this is the room with the TV, the bed is the big pile of junk.

Strong Sad’s Flag: head upstairs and go to the throne room again, the flag is hanging on the wall above the bed.

Strong Sad’s Bill of Rights: in the same room on the table.

Strong Sad’s Constitution: also on the same table.

Mysterious Bush: right after entering Homsar Reservation (make sure to get the flag out of it first!)

Kimono: once you enter pompomerania head to the left, right next to the door.

Lone Skull 1: after entering county, there it is right underneath the flag pole.

Lone Skull 2: after talking with the Cheat, it’s right behind him.

Pile of Skulls: also after talking to the Cheat, but this is on the bridge next to the Taramchula.

Unlit Candle Holder: head right from the throne, it’s behind maps and minions deluxe.

Model UN Board: once you enter Extended Play go over to Marzistar, it’s right at the back of the house.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/07.jpg (B)A Sad of Many Names

Have Strong Bad call Strong Sad by his sad names.

MISSABLE!

These are the 13 things you need to do:

Before escaping the house:

#1 Go over to Strong Sad’s room and talk to him

#2 Ask him 2 times about the fences outside (he’ll call him a name the 2nd time)

#3 Walk into the bathroom and click the shower

#4 After you’ve gotten the pillow from the basement, use it on Strong Sad

Before taking over Bleak House:

#5 After picking up the fake sword in the throne room in Bleak House, use it on Strong Sad.

#6 Ask Strong Sad to join Strong Badia.

#7 Ask Strong Sad to join Strong Badia again.

#8 Ask Strong Sad about this country, Bleak House.

#9 After taking over Bleak House talk to Strong Sad about Strong Badia.

Before taking over Homsar Reservation (and tossing the tuning fork in the hole):

#10 After going to Homsar Reservation, right at the start use the fake sword on Strong Sad.

#11 Use the tuning fork (which can be dug up a little left of the stick, back in Strong Badia) on Strong Sad.

After taking all countries except Marzistar:

#12 just talk to Strong Sad, he’s at the back of the house in Marzistar.

In Extended Play

#13 after entering Extended play go over to bleak house and talk to Strong Sad for the final time.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/08.jpg (B)I Can Start My Own United Nations!

Collected all the souvenir flags of the world.

MISSABLE!

For this trophy you’ll need to collect all 8 flags, here’s a list with their locations:

Concession stand: behind Bubs’ Stand in the bushes

Strong Badia: head left from Bubs’ Stand and click the brick wall

Bleak House: head upstairs and enter the throne room, it’s underneath the box on the bed.

The Cheat & Tirerea: Click the tire right next to the Cheat.

Homsar Reservation: right after entering, it’s in the mysterious bush. (Make sure to do this before lighting it on fire!)

Marzistar: use the metal detector near the onion patch and white fence.

Pompomerania: ask Bubs for a drink, pick the middle one (Bull Honkey). Pick it up and you’ll automatically go dancing, pompom will “bubble” letting you know it’s not cool. So go back to Bubs and order the same drink again, this time he’ll make it a special and puts in the flag.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/09.jpg (B)I’m A Stylin’ Machine!

Collected all available costumes.

For this trophy you’ll need to collect all 7 costumes, here’s a list with their locations:

Eye Patch: In Strong Bad’s house, in the kitchen, it’s in the cereal box.

Camo Pants: In Strong Bad’s house, in the basement, it’s in the dryer.

Strong Badia Shirt: Use the metal detector a little left of Strong Badia.

King’s Beard: click on the right side of the fridge-throne.

Crown: head right from the throne, through the door and unplug the computer. (Don’t forget to pick it up afterwards!)

‘Lectric Boots: after using the computer once, go back to it and go to templates. Pick food order, to thepizz@virtualpizz.bizz and then forty ‘lectric boots. Send the email and quit the computer, there now is a box next to the table with the boots inside.

Beret: you’ll get those by moving The Cheat over to Open Field in a game of Maps and Minions (see “Homestarmy: Medal of Honorable Mention” for the best way to do so).

Edited by Donkey-er
editorial sweep

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/10.jpg (B)Learning is Fun!

Collected all pages of Algebros manual.

For this trophy you’ll need to collect all 4 pages of the Algebros manual, here’s a list with their locations:

Page 3: head right from the photo booth until you reach an whit fence with an box next to it, it’s under the box.

Cover: once you enter “Bleak House” it’s in the mailbox.

Page 2: once you get to Marzistar head to the front of the house, it’s inside the mailbox.

Page 4: once you enter pompomerania, it’s underneath the box next to the bar.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/11.jpg (B)Algebros Master

Get at least 2000 points in Algebros.

Not too hard at all, might take a few tries trough. Walk to the right until you get attacked by ninjas. There will appear an equation in the top of the screen. Don’t worry about that coz it’ll fix itself if you just keep on spamming the blue fireball attack by pressing :circle: or :r1:, while dodging the things the ninjas throw at you. At the end of each level you’ll get a boss fight where you kick the crap out of an equation, just hit :l1: and :r1: (or :circle: and :cross: if you prefer those) rapidly. If it goes up in the air, walk away from it (down) to dodge. You should reach 2000 points in level 4. Once your score is over the 2000 mark, die on purpose and quit the game to get the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/12.jpg (B)The Secret Scrolls

Collected all papyrus Cave Girl Squad scrolls.

For this trophy you’ll need to collect all 4 Cave Girl Squad Cards, here’s a list with their locations:

Tar Pit: head upstairs in Bleak House, it’s on the bookshelf in the throne room.

Egg: after getting the lighter (see “Burninating the Countryside” if you don’t know how to get it), use it on the window in the living room in Bleak House.

Alien: after going to Homsar Reservation walk right till you see a cave, use your metal detector at the right side of it.

Darwin: head right from the throne, there is a dead fish on the wall, keep clicking it until you get it.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/13.jpg (B)The Perfect Evolution of Cave Girl Squad

Get the highest possible score in Cave Girl Squad

You will need to score 6000 points on Cave Girl Squad, to do that just follow these steps:

Scene 1:

Use Egg on the Ugg-ly One

Use Chisel on Whats Her Face

Scene 2:

Use Stone Tablet on Whats Her Face

Use Ribbon on Cheerleader

Scene 3:

Use Wheel on So and So

Use Dog on Cheerleader

Use Gun on The Ugg-ly One

Scene 4:

Use Fish on Any Girl

Edited by Tuffinz
editorial sweep

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/14.jpg (B)Homestarmy: Medal of Honorable Mention

Finished the Homestarmy game in 10 rounds or fewer.

The best time to go for this is right before the end of the game, because you have to win a game to progress in the story anyway.

I think this is the only way to beat it under 10 rounds, not completely sure but this does definitely work!

Turn 1:

Coach Z to Place

Homsar to Poopslovakia

The Cheat to Scalding Lake

The Poopsmith to Black House

The Of Town to Pompomperia

*Coach Z will be moved back to Stink’s Reach in the Opponent’s turn.

Turn 2:

Homsar to Place

The Cheat to Rotten Eggland

Coach Z to Poopslovakia

The Poopsmith to Dullsville

The Of Town to Bleak House

Turn 3:

The Poopsmith to The Nameless Land

The Of Town to Dullsville

The Cheat to Open Field (he’ll find the Beret here!)

Coach Z to Scalding Lake

*The Cheat will be moved back to The Embittered Crag in the Opponent’s Turn.

Turn 4:

The Cheat to The Cave

Coach Z to The Embittered Crag

The Poopsmith to Rotten Eggland

The Of Town to The Nameless Land

*Coach Z will be moved back to Scalding Lake in the Opponent’s Turn

Turn 5:

The Cheat to Homsar

The Poopsmith to Country

The Of Town to Rotten Eggland

*Coach Z will be moved back to Poopslovakia in the Opponent’s Turn.

Turn 6:

The Cheat to The Stick

The Poopsmith to Open Field

The Of Town to Country

*Coach Z will be moved back to Pompomperia in the Opponent’s Turn.

Turn 7:

The Cheat to East Homezipan

The Of Town to Coachnya

Turn 8:

The Of Town to East Marzistar

Turn 9:

The Of Town to Castle

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/862/15.jpg (S)Lord High Fantasticus

Achieve the highest possible Awesomeness level.

MISSABLE!

See here for a full walkthrough of this game (credit to cbchaos67): LINK

To reach the highest possible Awesomeness level you will need all the collectables and highscores, here's a list:

4 Teen Girl Squad Cards (see "The Secret Scrolls" for more details)

4 Algebros Manual Pages (see "Learning is Fun!" for more details)

8 Souvenir Flags (see “I Can Start My Own United Nations!" for more details)

13 thing need to be set on fire (see "Burninating the Countryside" for more details)

13 different name callings to Strong Sad (see "A Sad of Many Names" for more details)

7 Costume Items found (see "I'm A Stylin' Machine!" for more details)

You'll also need 5 characters at attention, this is Missable!

[spoiler=7]Once you're ready to storm the castle, you'll be in Marzipan's backyard. All the people you've gathered are lined up, talk to each one of them to give them a pep talk. There are 5 characters there, make sure you talk to each one of them! Once you've done that you can talk to Homestar, don't talk to him before, otherwise you'll miss the trophy.

You also need to get:

2000+ points in Algebros (see "Algebros Master" for more details)

6000 points in Teen Girl Squad (see "The Perfect Evolution of Cave Girl Squad" for more details)

Beat Maps and Minions in under 10 turns (see "Homestarmy: Medal of Honorable Mention" for the best way to do so).

Once you get all that you'll be awarded a special T-Shirt and the trophy will pop right afterwards.

Edited by Terminator
Guide Revisions by Terminator 31/08/2015.
  • Thanks 1

Well i just finished the game and getting 5 characters at attention IS missable. its the only thing i missed. it sucks cause i cant just rush thru to get it since i need to get everything else for the Lord High Fantasticus trophy

DAMN! sorry man!

I'll look into it tomorrow, don't have time for it atm...

do you have any idea what you need to do to get them?

DAMN! sorry man!

I'll look into it tomorrow, don't have time for it atm...

do you have any idea what you need to do to get them?

When you have captured all of the countries and Strong Bad is walking around telling things to them, you need to select each person standing in line. DO NOT select Homestar, otherwise you can miss the trophy.

Your guide looks pretty good, but you put some of the images in the wrong spots for the trophies i.e the Strong Sad trophy image is where the clothes trophy is. Also you should put an introduction into it even if it is the same as the last episode gameplay wise. It is something you need in your roadmap if you want this guide on the main site.

Not trying to be mean or anything, just helping you a bit :)

@clone150: Awesome man! really helps:D

I'll try and upgrade the guide tonight not sure if I can do it time whise.

I'll make an indrocution, you're right it's an requirement for the roadmap so I guess it's a must:P

I'll fix the images too, I just numbered them logicaly, but I just remembered I changed the orderXD

okey I fixed the images (which really was ps3t messing up with the numbers...:p)

I also put in the 5 characters at attention part and putted in an introduction.

I'm not completely sure on what to put in the introduction as I don't want to spoiler the whole story, but there isn't much to say about the game otherwise.

Tips are welcome!:D

okey I fixed the images (which really was ps3t messing up with the numbers...:p)

I also put in the 5 characters at attention part and putted in an introduction.

I'm not completely sure on what to put in the introduction as I don't want to spoiler the whole story, but there isn't much to say about the game otherwise.

Tips are welcome!:D

You can look at my guide here for episode one if you need some help with coming up with a good intro :)

Also, the way you said to do for the Cave Girl Squad only gets you 350 points

Here is how to 6000:

Scene 1:

Use Egg on The Ugg-ly One.

Use Ribbon on Whats Her Face.

Scene 2:

Use Stone Tablet on Cheerleader.

Use Chisel on Cheerleader.

Scene 3:

Use Tar Pit on So and So.

Use Dog on Whats Her Face.

Use Alien on The Ugg-ly One.

Scene 4:

Use Fish on any girl.

Sorry for double posting.

Here is how to 6000:

Scene 1:

Scene 2:

Scene 3:

Scene 4:

Use Fish on any girl.

could somebody please confirm this? coz I did get the score using the method in my guide (well I'm 99% sure, I might have made an error writing it down...)

• 3 weeks later...

Here is how to 6000:

Scene 1:

Scene 2:

Scene 3:

Scene 4:

Use Fish on any girl.

This. Your method for this doesn't work at all. I think I got either 347 or 350 points as the above user said, trying twice. Also, for the board game the enemy attacked someone else instead of who you said it would when i followed your guide perfectly (twice). I found my own way of making it in ten turns though.

Edited by Aluwolf

• 3 weeks later...
This. Your method for this doesn't work at all. I think I got either 347 or 350 points as the above user said, trying twice. Also, for the board game the enemy attacked someone else instead of who you said it would when i followed your guide perfectly (twice). I found my own way of making it in ten turns though.

as I state in my guide I'm not 100% sure if thats the only way to get the win in 10 moves. I AM 100% sure it works since I've used it twice with sucses. so there is probably a variation somewhere in the game...

I've asked around about Girls Squad and for most ppl it DID work... also the list clone handed to me just switched out the girls, no real changes... (well except for 1 kills, but I did end up with the top score using my guide...)

so sorry for the giving you so much trouble with it, but it DOES work for most others...

#4 After you’ve gotten the pillow from the basement, use it on Strong Bad

Did you mean Strong Sad instead on this one?

thats sounds a lot more likely, I'll change it right away;)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Your guide for getting points with the Cave Girls did not work for me, I only got like 358 points. I tried it three times. I used the other method posted in this thread and got the 6000 points in one try. Your method for winning in less than 10 rounds did work for me the first time though.

• 2 years later...

Think i've hit a glitch. I never set strong bads bed on fire before finishing the story. I then went into extended mode & lit the UN display then Strong bads bed but no trophy. I've double checked & verified everything is burnt or still on fire but no trophy. Looks like another play through is required :mad:

Edit - After posting this I went back into the game & found that if you pull up the map & hit r1/l1 it flips between the collectible pages. Upon opening the page which details the items burned it showed them all as being done & the trophy unlocked.

Edited by cbchaos67
Added updated info

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...