How I did the hard challenges

Cauchy

I used the auto turbo option on my standard Hori fighting stick. This flash pauses the game and allows you to slowly enter the commands need for many of the trials. Keep in mind that you will have to fiddle around with the various turbo settings (there are three) and you'll still have to have a sharp eye to figure out when to execute the moves, but I promise you it will make these trials substantially easier. For reference, I did all of C. Vipers hard trials in about 2 hours.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you go into more detail? I've only got 32 more hard trials to complete and I'm at the point where I just want to get these trials done and get my platinum.

Say you want to enter a shoryuken. Then start the flash pause. As the screen is alternating between paused and unpaused, enter the commands like so: hold forward, let the game flash pause, go to down/forward, let the game unpause then pause again, go to down, let the game flash pause and unpause, go to down/forward, etc.

This may seem confusing, but once you start, it should be clear what to do.

Edited by Cauchy

TC, do you have the Hori Fighting Stick 3? That's the stick I just bought and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. Not sure if it has a turbo option or not.

Are you referring to the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3? I own the exact same one and it does have the turbo button.

I've been using it since SF2 HD Remix came out and its a great stick.

Are you referring to the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3? I own the exact same one and it does have the turbo button.

I've been using it since SF2 HD Remix came out and its a great stick.

Nah, I'm referring to the HRAP3's cheaper cousin:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Fighting-Stick-3-Playstation/dp/B000MWE3BI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1236880147&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: PS3 Fighting Stick 3: Video Games[/ame]

Edit: Just re-read the page, and it does have a turbo feature.

Edited by Death_by_Tuna

Well, reading those posts I'm getting a bit hopeless to achieve Platinum on this game. I'm playing with the standard DualShock 3 controller. Does it mean that it will be next to impossible to get it? :(

Naw, I have 3 hard trials left and I did all of them with a normal Dualshock 3 controller.

I just gotta do Guile's, Gen's, and Viper's 5th trial and i'm done. But a turbo button would be nice for Gen's 5. Guile's 5th should be really easy but I can't pull it off for some reason and Viper's 5th.. just need to be really quick and precise for that. But yeah I did everything except those 3.

Question for the OP: What is this flash pausing stuff? you do something, press pause, and unpause, and do the input real quick?

Naw, I have 3 hard trials left and I did all of them with a normal Dualshock 3 controller.

I just gotta do Guile's, Gen's, and Viper's 5th trial and i'm done. But a turbo button would be nice for Gen's 5. Guile's 5th should be really easy but I can't pull it off for some reason and Viper's 5th.. just need to be really quick and precise for that. But yeah I did everything except those 3.

Question for the OP: What is this flash pausing stuff? you do something, press pause, and unpause, and do the input real quick?

Pretty much.

This is what you do. You get really quick at pausing and unpausing.

So let's say you want to do j.HK, c.MP, hadoken, super or ultra.

You'd do:

j. HK

c.MP

pause

press and hold down

unpause and pause really fast

press and hold downforward

press and hold forward and punch

press and hold down

press and hold downforward

press and hold forward and punch (or ppp)

If you did it right, the hadoken should cancel into the super/ultra should come out. You have to pause and unpause fast enough so that the frames move really slowly, but you still input commands.

I believe this technique only works for input commands though. It doesn't really work for links.

Edited by darkeva93

I've been getting many messages (ripacrombie) requesting that I make a make a video demonstrating how exactly I did these trials with the turbo pause option that many (if not all) fighting sticks offer. To avoid future request of the same nature, let me just say once and for all that I will NOT be making videos. I neither have the time, know-how, nor desire to do so. (Let alone the fact that I'm on vacation out of town, so I couldn't make a video even if I was so inclined.) Besides, a video is unnecessary. If you have the turbo pause option, just turn it on and mess around a bit. You’ll see what you need to do pretty quickly: i.e. input commands while it’s not on the pause screen. If you need it spelled out in grueling detail, this has already been done above, compliments of darkeva93.

Anyone manage to do C. Viper's hard trial 3 with this method? I'm having trouble finding the timing to get the High Jump Cancel to Burst Time.

This one sucks... You have to know that you've input the command for the High Jump and that Viper's going to perform it so that you can immediately enter the command for the Burst Time. Remind me exactly what the combo requires and I may be able to give more details.

This one sucks... You have to know that you've input the command for the High Jump and that Viper's going to perform it so that you can immediately enter the command for the Burst Time. Remind me exactly what the combo requires and I may be able to give more details.

The combo is:

j.HK

s.LK

c.LP

High Jump (cancel)

Burst Time (ultra)

I've been inputting this:

j.HK

s.LK

pause down unpause

pause downforward LP unpause

pause forward unpause

pause upforward unpause

pause down unpause

pause downforward unpause

pause forward PPP unpause

Whenever I try to do this, the high jump never goes off. Gahhh... ><

Darkeva93, if I recall correctly, you need to input the High Jump separately and then cancel it. (I think this is also the case with Viper's last two, which also require high jump cancels.) So, I believe it should go like this:

j.HK

s.LK

pause down+LP unpause

pause up unpause

pause forward unpause

pause forward+PPP unpause

You have to enter the Burst Time command in the frames just before she jumps off the ground. If she gets airborn, it's too late. So, it's literally one command per frame. To cut out the number of commands, you'll notice that I don't have you go all the way to the down position for the Burst Time for either quarter circle. As general remark, if a move requires a quarter circle movement, you can usually omit the first command; e.g. Hadoken = downforward, forward+punch. This will cut out commands, and therefore, allow you to performs moves "faster" (i.e. in less frames).

As a disclaimer, I haven't done these in a while, so the above command entries may not be totally accurate. You may have to fiddle around some.

Edited by Cauchy

Hmmm... I didn't know there was a shortcut for doing QCF moves. Like for DP type moves, you can just hit df, df for the motion input. And for HCB, you can do df, b.

I will try your method and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the information!

The whole:

pause down+LP unpause

pause up unpause

pause forward unpause

If I do it fast enough, Viper ends up doing an EX Seismic Hammer cancel instead of Burst Time.

Gah this trial is so abbreviating... Any other suggestions?

The whole:

pause down+LP unpause

pause up unpause

pause forward unpause

If I do it fast enough, Viper ends up doing an EX Seismic Hammer cancel instead of Burst Time.

Gah this trial is so abbreviating... Any other suggestions?

If you have a friend/buddy you can have them stand by your madcatz controller and just keep pressing pause like crazy for you. the pause and unpause only goes so fast, so they can't speed up the pause process. It only effects how quickly the game goes back into pause mode.

I will try this tonight and give you some info.

If you have a friend/buddy you can have them stand by your madcatz controller and just keep pressing pause like crazy for you. the pause and unpause only goes so fast, so they can't speed up the pause process. It only effects how quickly the game goes back into pause mode.

I will try this tonight and give you some info.

Well... I don't think it's how fast I'm inputting the commands. Most of the time the High Jump won't even come out. I know there's a slight delay before you put in the LP so that you can get the High Jump to come out, but I can't seem to do the timing with the pause method (to time the delay so the HJ will come out).