Rate the trophy difficulty.  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.91

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't vote because I've only got like 2 trophies on this game. Was supposed to be for the kids but they don't play it much.

Edit: Like I've said in a previous post, I have to be really really bored with all my other games to pop this one in. I just hate the night stages. All day stages are the fun sonic gaming I like.

Vote again when you have the Eggmanland Hotdog trials complete.

I tried 50 times to finsh the Lv.1, Finiesh Lv.2 with the 4th try and got the Lv.3 in First time, Eggman land's hotdog it so HARD x(

Not just EggmanLand, all the Hotdogs are HARD, I bought this game on Dec and got the Platinium on Feb.25.

If you love Trophies so much, Don't buy this game .

• 4 weeks later...
I tried 50 times to finsh the Lv.1, Finiesh Lv.2 with the 4th try and got the Lv.3 in First time, Eggman land's hotdog it so HARD x(

Not just EggmanLand, all the Hotdogs are HARD, I bought this game on Dec and got the Platinium on Feb.25.

If you love Trophies so much, Don't buy this game .

I like when trophies are hard...when you get the platinum you will get this accomplishment feeling. At the moment I'm playing prince of persia and those trophies are so easy and stupid.Oh why doesn't Devil May Cry 4 have trophies :D

was the 10 because of the game was broken (bad camera angles etc.)?

No I only had problems with camera angles at certain parts but that's just me. The lag I noticed didn't really bother me either I've seen worse and there wasn't that much. It would have been an 8 because you need to memorize every obstacle in a level to have a good speed run. Werehog levels were slow takes 8 to 10 minutes to beat each level but very easy. Eggmanland was what knocked it up to 10 the level takes 18 to 20 minutes to beat and to do that without dying is a pain. Even after all this I still like the game but I'm also a Sonic fan.

I'll give it a 9.

I totally enjoy this game all except the last stage. you have to play eggmanland, beat an easy boss, and then play a super transformeresque section that traverses 2 dark gaias. It wasn't so hard just the fact that if you fail at all during the last boss battle you have to start all the way back at the beginning with the easy boss.

yeah eggmanland doesn't make any sense from a gaming point of view. Seriously, putting a level like that in a game took balls if they expected people to enjoy it.

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed Unleashed unlike a lot of people. I think my reflexes got pretty good, but even so, this platinum is just insane. Thanks to hot dog missions, you have to do each stage a minimum of a dozen times. The levels that really fast you basically have to do without getting hit so that you can get the top hot dog challenge for rings. Also, there's this side mission in the desert where you have to do a very long stage in less than two minutes, and it is brutal. Absolutely brutal.

With very fast stages, it often comes down to memorization because you can't see far in front of you all the time. With werehog stages, it's more a matter of patience, because they are so slow and dull, especially after doing it 10 times.

I haven't even gotten started on Eggmanland, which is another stage that will make you cry trying to get hot dogs.

All in all, I enjoyed the game outside of getting trophies. The platinum isn't even worth it unless you're a superhuman and have a lot of patience. I gave it a 10.

I gived it a 9. It's pretty easy but the hotdog missions were very hard. The only problem is trying to complete the level without dying. For the hotdog missions you have to learn ever part of the track of by heart. For eggman land, it took me 30 times for lv.1, four times for lv.2 and just 1 time for lv.3. I'm so glad I finally got the platinum and i'm never playing this game again!

It took me 10 days (= 75 - 100 hours) to get this god damn platinum. Due to the shitty camera and nonresponsive controls and absolutely unforgiving gameplay, this game gets a 9 for difficulty. One note, I managed to get Hard Boiled in about 4 - 5 hours. It actually took me longer to do the trials for Adabat than those in Eggmanland. Oh well, it's finally finished and I can send this rubbish back from whence it came.

• 3 weeks later...

9 out of 10 in my opinion. This game will take a lot of hard work and patience in order to obtain platinum. You will need good reflexes and a fairly good memory if you want to clear all hot dog missions. Even if you are not shooting for platinum you will have to dedicate quite a bit of time because even the storyline is pretty long and challenging.

I am proud to be on this list and will surely add this to my most cherished platinums. For those still attempting to obtain platinum, DON'T GIVE UP! It is completely possible just as long as you dedicate the time and effort necessary to complete it.

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/ab/u/Abuebao/card.png

Edited by Abuebao

I also enjoyed this game. i like the last level because it is really challenging. i hat if the end is too easy.

i didnt platinum it yet. the only one missing is hard boiled but i already got 1 hotdog so i know what im talking about.

i read somewhere that sonic is like mirrors edge on drugs xD. thats the reason why i compare it with mirrors edge in the difficulty. and i have to say that it is not that hard, so its a 7 for me.

the most thing i hate is that if i do runs i die because of my own fault. for example i did a jump like 100 times and the 101st time i fall down.

i didnt like the night stages it is too monotonous.

edit: i bought this game 12 days ago and nearly platinumed it.

edit 2: but i didnt played everyday xD

Edited by Twister_11

I think I voted a 8 on difficulty, this took me a month to platinum although I was also playing rock band 2 when I was doing so. It is pure stress... but I just popped in rock band 2 when I got too pissed :p. Definitely my most difficult platinum among many other hard ones (unreal, bioshock, mc:la)

• 3 weeks later...
I think I voted a 8 on difficulty, this took me a month to platinum although I was also playing rock band 2 when I was doing so. It is pure stress... but I just popped in rock band 2 when I got too pissed :p. Definitely my most difficult platinum among many other hard ones (unreal, bioshock, mc:la)

Bioshock?! Thats a 1 compared to this :p

voted 10. Not yet even managed to make plat. But I've been trying some of the hotdog levels and the 3rd speed tier is just sick. I don't see myself platting this anytime soon

But I've been trying some of the hotdog levels and the 3rd speed tier is just sick.

On some levels the third speed tier was much more difficult than others. If I recall, Chun-nan seemed like an absolute beast at the time but the more you go through the levels the more you just know what's going to happen, where all the shortcuts are, where to maximize on rings for more boost, etc. Empire City was also an utter mess, especially closer to the end of Sonic's stage when there are countless paths to take. After going through and finding all of the sun and moon medals though you'll often find that they've been placed in areas that also afford you time-saving shortcuts.

Also, Eggmanland is just an issue of not becoming too overwhelmed or underconfident. The times to beat don't even pose a threat - even being cautious I managed to pull off twenty minute runs. Yay platinum. :cool:

I give it a 9. Most trophies are easy but the most hotdog missions are very hard(damn you adabat and eggmanland:mad:). Also the moon and sun medals are a pain to find. I have 66% of the trophies. Maybe i give it try for the platinum after month's of not playing.

Edited by 010