Flirting with disaster trophy tip

Snuttanuttan

Heres how I got this trophy. First I had a cat with almost 10 in hunting skill. Then I fulfilled wishes and uses karma powers until I had exactly 6 karma points on the plus side. Then I ordered my cat to continue hunting and at the same time I used the Giant jackpot karma power which put my karma at minus 54 and when my cat maxed her hunting skill the karma ended on plus 1 and the challenge and trophy unlocked.

Good to know is when cat/dog max their skill, so you can time it precisely and cast the Giant jackpot karma power.

Another easy way:

You need a lifetime wish related to career, reaching lvl 10 in anything. Once you're lvl 9 and with full meter for promotion, but still at work, wait until your sim is nearly at the very end of their shift. To rephrase it: if you sim is at level 9 of their career, watch out for the day they get their meter full. Then wait until end of the shift, as the promotion takes place after the shift. You can check when by hitting circle when your sim is at work.

So if your sim ends their shift at 14:00 and they'd get a promotion fulfilling their lifetime wish soon after it, save your game at 13:45.

Then, with a bit trial and error, use up karma powers until you're at -51 or lower. It has to be timed right, so that your working sim gets the promotion whilst the karma power is active; after karma drops down to red, but before the plumbob decides your fate.

• 2 weeks later...

All I did to get this trophy was pick the karma power where it never drops below zero. I think it's only available on tier 11 and I forget the actual name of it.

I tried so many times to do this 'Flirting with Disaster' trophy and nothing worked. When I unlocked the karma reward it automatically gave me the trophy as I won't ever be able to go below 0 on the karma meter. :)

Hope this helps for people that were struggling as much as me!

EDIT: Darn, I should have read all the way to the end. So yeah, what DeadlineGemini said. :)