Shank 2 - Guide to Surviving All 30 Waves

Blaze Naruto Shippuden

http://i.imgur.com/VlcA652.png

If this guide served your purpose and you feel obliged to join the forums, please feel free to give me a referral upon signing up.

Click here to sign up!

Welcome, this is a thread where players can visit and get information for Shank 2's Survival in order to survive all 30 waves. This thread will be update frequently when new tips, information, strategies, videos, etc are posted. Feel free to discuss the maps or share your advices and tips.

Thread Update: 6/22/2012

Useful Links:

Boosting Thread

Trophy Guide & Roadmap

Guide to Unlocking 16 all Costumes

Credits for tips, videos, etc:

Swingfish & Wiiboy123457 - Bombed Church Guide and tips

samirbvr & his wife's strategy - I'm On a Boat - Breakdown tips and strategy

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing banner.

Down on the Farm - Breakdown:

'Down on the Farm" is considered the easiest of three maps. It has trap capable of killing everything that falls into it in one it. The only downside to this trap is that it can kill you and your partner if you happen to fall or get knock into it. The map is large enough for you to run around and dodge easily and the money management for this stage is perfect. For additional tips related to this stage refer to the Quick Pro tips. Below is the video from CapNGrady who demonstrates all 30 waves being completed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6rpzzzL9tM]Shank 2 All 30 Survival Waves Completed - Down on the Farm - YouTube[/ame]

Tips for Down on the Farm:

• Try using the default characters of Shanks or Corina with the sledge hammer + knifes and scythe + revolver combo. The Defender and Chops are also a good team pairing on this stage.
  • Have one player be the trap flipper and the other player be the crowd control. The crowd control player should be very good at rolling and dodge enemies attacks, while his partner spams the throwing knifes and making sure no bomb man gets to there bomb stations.
  • When bosses appear on the map, have the crowd controller player lead the boss onto the trap so your partner can kill the boss quickly as possible.
  • Be sure to manage your cash well so you'll have enough to purchase barrages in later waves for the tougher enemies. The barrages should be used to kill everything in waves 23, 27 & 30 especially.
  • Never buy any decoys or boars on this stage. They are consider useless.
  • Buy turrets or fireballs on to watch your range player's back and a bomb station.
  • when partner dies, try not to save them right away. Thin the crowd a little before saving them. If your Chops however, then you'll have no issues reviving your partner.
  • Be sure to kill all birds you see and to get as much cash as possible.

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

Bombed Church - Breakdown:

I would like to thank Swingfish & his partner Wiiboy123457 for providing the video of this level. They consist of waves 9-30. The first 1-10 waves aren't challenging at all, so don't worry about the missing waves:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_uLJbpdr7o]Shank 2 Co-Op Survival Mode - Bombed Church (Wave 09-20) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmaBiOq-rV4]Shank 2 Co-Op Survival Mode - Bombed Church (Wave 21-30) - YouTube[/ame]

Tip for Bombed Church:

• Have 1 player use Defender and let him/her focus on keeping enemies on the bottom floor and disarming bombs.
  • A dodge roll into a sledgehammer attack makes you nearly invincible and knocks enemies away easily.
  • Have 1 player use Bubbles and let him/her rain down big damage with the revolver. This player's main priorities will also be to kill the enemies with guns and molotovs above anything else.
  • Abuse throws & the fire traps for some good crowd control, but make sure your partner is away from the trap when triggering it.
  • Grab and throw the enemies that plant bombs, they will explode upon impact. Resulting in an instant kill.
  • If you have to recover after a difficult wave, let 1 enemy live and grab him over and over until the tequila cool down is over. This trick won't work well on the female enemies though.
  • Wave 27 and 30 spawns a big zombie boss, if you have the money take them out with barrages.

I'm On a Boat - Breakdown:

I would like to thank samirbvr for the tips of this level. I'm On a Boat is considered the hardest of the three stages, but if you used this map properly. It'll become less dangerous compared to the "Bombed Church" & "Down on the Farm" maps. The reason is "I'm On a Boat" possesses a Harpoon trap that only hurts enemies and not your partner or yourself. They are capable of killing bosses and enemies very quickly. In the video below by SPEEDCASH1 you'll see the Harpoon method in action from waves 19-30:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqrHabeHPWM]shank 2 wave 30 - YouTube[/ame]

Tips for I'm On a Boat - Breakdown:

• Recommend Characters/Skins Junior or Defender due to disarm bombs partner Chops or a Default character of Shank or Corina.
  • While on this map make use to spam the Harpoon trap. The Harpoons can only harm enemies and are capable of killing everything they hit in one hit, except bosses. Bosses can take multiple hits from a harpoon, but once they get hit they are staggered briefly by the shot. Giving you another chance to shoot them again and eventually killing them.
  • Never ever use the switches on this stage. The traps of this stage drops a boat which can harm you can your partner. It's not even good at thinning the crowd let alone killing enemies.
  • To maximize the Harpoon method's strategy. Buy the Fireball at 2,000 cash and place it to face your partner. Your partner does the same thing. Now you'll have a Fireball weapon to watch your backs if an enemy manages to get on your platform. The Fireball item is only available in waves 17 and up, so you have to survive to wave 17 to maximize this technique out.
  • Last few things is your cash. You'll have to manage it to around 7000-8000 each. Don't go for cash at all and keep killing with the harpoon and fireball traps. Only go for cash that drops when it is clear or the wave is completed. As normal, buy the barrage on wave 25 and keep them safe at the top. Try to place fireballs traps at the top to guard the bomb station there. There should only be one fireball trap at the top, but your partner buys another later on.

samirbvr & his wife's strategy:

• First character (Junior) had bomb disarming speed advantage equipped with sledgehammer and throwing knives.
  • Selected a lady (Chops) as second character with an Uzi as ranged weapon because even though it has very less damage, it does give good hit combos and hence a lot of money which can be used in later levels for barrages etc. She also had +50% partner revival speed, and 25% cheaper tequila.
  • On level 6, killed the giant boss using few (4-5) harpoon shots and then only using Uzi. The long combos give a lot of money other than the final gold upon his death. My wife earned about 4000 gold in that single level just shooting him with Uzi, its time consuming, but eventually rewarding.
  • Whenever there was a boss together with a lot of gunners, the lady would equip the machine gun and shoot in all directions to keep all the gunners busy while the first player tackles the giant boss with harpoons.
  • Difficult levels were 23 & 27, had two barrages ready for each of these levels, and used at least one when required. One good thing with barrages is they don't disappear after sometime unlike the machine gun or the grenade launcher or other cheaper items.
  • Most important thing was to take as much time on each map to completely recharge each of the shop items used, be it tequila or barrages. We always left one guy alive at the end of a level whenever we needed recharging. Especially in the later levels after clearing everyone, we would place a barrage, then run around avoiding the single guy alive while the barrage item was ready for next round. For the 30th wave had 5 barrages ready though 2 were enough together with some harpooning to clear the level. Our total playtime for all 30 levels was 57:48 just because we took our time on each of the later levels getting ready with all the items for next wave. One level even took about 6-7 minutes with the single enemy running around for about 4 minutes :)
  • The money required for this was earned in the starting levels when easier enemies attack, while the lady killed them using the uzi getting high combos, the first player only guarded the lady from any overcrowding around her and gathering the dropped gold from dead enemies. By level 10 the lady had already amassed about 12000-13000 gold, good for 5 barrages later.
  • Never used turrets with larger enemies as they destroyed them very fast, instead placed decoys for distraction, while we harpooned everyone gathering around the decoy.

Quick Pro Tips:

• Shank/Customs: Shank with his ranged attack of the throwing knifes is really useful! He kills a lot and he can kill the bomber men every time from every position when they are planting the bomb. It's very useful! It's also capable of inflecting more damage to the fat enemies. While playing as Shank or as a Custom of him, stick to almost only using ranged attacks. While playing as Shank use the Sledgehammer as your melee choice.
  • Corina/Customs: Corina with her scythe heavy attack is really useful! She can kill fat enemies more quickly and is also capable of attacking enemies on the ground with it. While playing as a Corina or as a Custom of her, be sure that you're good at dodging! You have to be really skilled with rolling out of the way since you will be the one up close and personal against the larger enemies while your partner does his best to support you with range attacks. Also, use her Revolver as your main range weapon of choice. The Revolver is slow but it kills normal enemies quicker from range and also inflects the most damage against the fat enemies who are too far from you. It can also stop or kill the bomber men who are planting just in case your partner doesn't stop them.
  • Down on the Farm: This is the best map in my personal opinion. Sure others can disagree to this but this map is the largest one and you can run around openly with more room. The traps on this map can kill everybody, especially the bosses. While playing and a boss appears, have your partner run over to the team-mate in charge of flipping the switch. The boss will follow you and once they on the trap in the center of the stage, flip the switch to kill them instantly. Whilst the trap is still open be careful to never walk, fall or jump into the middle yourself or you to will get instantly killed. Always jump over it if you need to get away from enemies or to get over to your partner.
  • Defending Supply Stations: Always stay focused on defending the supply stations from the bombers. You have a total of three of them. If all three are blown up, then you will lose the survival game. Try to keep at least 2 out of the 3 supply stations intact. It's okay to lose or sacrifice 1 of them if you can't risk the chance to disarm the station (specially if your partner is dead.) However, if you're down to only one supply station, you will be in trouble!
  • Don't Waste Money: While defending the supply stations, try to not waste your money until wave 19 (where zombie waves get harder). Once you've gotten that far into the waves, start buying turrets! You guys should have about 15,000 (Shanks) and 10,000 (Corina) on you around this point. You and your partner should buy one turret each and place them so they are facing one another. This way, the turrets will protect each other! Have the Shank team-mate stay above the trap so he can flip the switch and continue spamming his ranged attacks. When an enemy came to us, we activated trap! Also, have the Shank team-mate keep the enemies down from the lower platforms. The Corina team-mate should be the one attacking at close range for crowd control but remember to be careful. Things get rough for the Corina team-mate so be sure to dodge or avoid attacks when necessary. Also, Corina should be the one protecting the turrets with close corridor combat almost half the time! Also note that the bosses will always go after turrets or decoys but try not to buy Decoys or Boars at all. We consider them useless and a waste of money especially if you two are very skilled at dodging or from getting hurt too much.
  • Zombie Wave Kaboom! Zombie Kaboom! is wave 23 which is one of the hardest waves you'll face. Chances are most players will make it here and fail, with my quick advice I'll tell you what to buy and when to use it. It's simple really both you and your partner should buy the very last item you unlock, which is the Barrage (cost 2,500) and use it to kill everybody on the map. Put it in the corner somewhere you can reach it. It's your "save" so use it when you're in trouble! Do it often after this map on later waves, especially waves 27 and 30. Those are zombie waves and are hard as hell. There are also zombie bosses, another reason why those waves are hard as heck.
  • Dead Partner: When your partner dies, don't save them right away! Wait and try to clean up the map as best as you can. Run around the map then turn around and activate the trap to kill some of the enemies who were dumb enough to follow you. After a few more turns of running around and spamming the trap as well as range attacks here and there, or when all the enemies are grouped together, then you will have just enough time to save your partner. When your partner revives they should buy a Tequila either for themselves or for you if you're badly hurt.
  • Brown Birds/Seagulls/White Doves: These birds can give you either cash or Tequila so don't miss them! Kill them with ranged attacks when you see them. The partner who has the least health should drink the Tequila. Also, remember to buy Tequila when necessary for either for yourself or your partner.
  • Grappling Big/Fat Enemies: When Grappling a big or fat enemy they can be killed instantly by using grenades or a pole like item such as a bat or a shovel to execute them.

• 2 months later...

Thanks a lot, this was helpful. I just finished it. This was the hardest thing I've done in a long time. We tried a lot of different ways, but ended up being successful with pretty much what you described. I wish everyone else luck, you're gonna need it.

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to do this with Wiiboy123457 and recorded wave 09 onwards;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_uLJbpdr7o]Shank 2 Co-Op Survival Mode - Bombed Church (Wave 09-20) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmaBiOq-rV4]Shank 2 Co-Op Survival Mode - Bombed Church (Wave 21-30) - YouTube[/ame]

Additional tips I can give regarding this level (Bombed church):

- Have 1 player use the guardian and let him/her focus on keeping enemies on the bottom floor and disarming bombs. A dodge roll into a sledgehammer attack makes you nearly invincible and knocks them away easily.

- Have 1 player use Bubbles and let him/her rain down big damage with the revolver. This player should also prioritise enemies with guns and molotovs above anything else.

- Abuse throws & the fire traps for some good crowd control

- Grab and throw the enemies that plant bombs, they will explode upon impact

- If you have to recover after a difficult wave, let 1 enemy live and grab him over and over until the tequila cooldown is over. This won't work well on the female enemies though.

- Wave 27 and 30 spawns a big zombie boss, if you have the money take them out with barrages.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to finish it on local match together with my wife. I was playing as Junior and my wife as Chops on "I'm on a boat" map. I felt compared to the other two, this was better; in "Down on the Farm" map, the grinders were good but they were equally dangerous for us, similarly, in "Bombed Church" map, the fire traps harmed us too at times, whereas in the Boat map, the harpoons could only harm the enemies (never used the switches to drop down the hanging boat), and that too killing every enemy other than the giant level bosses in one hit, hugely useful.

Our strategy:

- First character (Junior) had bomb disarming speed advantage equipped with sledgehammer and throwing knives.

- Selected a lady (Chops) as second character with an Uzi as ranged weapon because even though it has very less damage, it does give good hit combos and hence a lot of money which can be used in later levels for barrages etc. She also had +50% partner revival speed, and 25% cheaper tequila.

- On level 6, killed the giant boss using few (4-5) harpoon shots and then only using Uzi. The long combos give a lot of money other than the final gold upon his death. My wife earned about 4000 gold in that single level just shooting him with Uzi, its time consuming, but eventually rewarding.

- Whenever there was a boss together with a lot of gunners, the lady would equip the machine gun and shoot in all directions to keep all the gunners busy while the first player tackles the giant boss with harpoons.

- Difficult levels were 23 & 27, had two barrages ready for each of these levels, and used at least one when required. One good thing with barrages is they don't disappear after sometime unlike the machine gun or the grenade launcher or other cheaper items.

- Most important thing was to take as much time on each map to completely recharge each of the shop items used, be it tequila or barrages. We always left one guy alive at the end of a level whenever we needed recharging. Especially in the later levels after clearing everyone, we would place a barrage, then run around avoiding the single guy alive while the barrage item was ready for next round. For the 30th wave had 5 barrages ready though 2 were enough together with some harpooning to clear the level. Our total playtime for all 30 levels was 57:48 just because we took our time on each of the later levels getting ready with all the items for next wave. One level even took about 6-7 minutes with the single enemy running around for about 4 minutes :) .

- The money required for this was earned in the starting levels when easier enemies attack, while the lady killed them using the uzi getting high combos, the first player only guarded the lady from any overcrowding around her and gathering the dropped gold from dead enemies. By level 10 the lady had already amassed about 12000-13000 gold, good for 5 barrages later.

- Never used turrets with larger enemies as they destroyed them very fast, instead placed decoys for distraction, while we harpooned everyone gathering around the decoy.

Hope this helps someone. Here were my two cents (maybe more than that ;) ).

Edited by samirbvr

Im trying to beat this mode now. I've tried beating it solo, I made it up to wave 20, by myself. Thanks for the tips, I will also give that a try. :applause:

**** update ****

I finally beat this survival Mode, man, the barrage is your best friend specially waves 23, 28 & 30. Lucky for me, I found a random skill player as well... We killed it.

Edited by Cybertechlou

Has anybody ever managed to beat the survival mode alone, never heard of anyone here on PS3T.

It appears someone on the 360 became the first ever to complete the all 30 waves solo survival. I've updated this thread with the tips offered so far. Thank you everyone. :)