Am I glitched? (Completionist/Super-Marcus Sweep)

I recently started the Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC, and made the mistake of joining a friend that had already started it - giving me the Super-Marcus Sweep mission. I am not far in the story, so have not completed Armory Assault/Loot Larceny yet, and, having heard much talk of such a situation preventing you from completing all of the missions, wondered if my game was glitched.

What I've been led to believe, is that if you have more than one of the armory raid missions active at any one time, it's impossible to mark off the objectives on each individual mission and therefore turn them all in (and subsequently receive the Completionist Trophy). I was told to ensure that all story missions were turned in before accepting Super-Marcus Sweep, but due to not having started the final mission yet, I'm hoping that this means my game is not glitched. What I want to know is, if I join another person that is currently doing Super-Marcus Sweep (whom has already completed the story and has not yet accepted It's Like Christmas!), would I be able to mark off this mission to prevent and otherwise get out of the glitch, or should I complete the story first and assume that I will not be affected?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and feel free to send me a message or add my PSN ID if you feel it'll be of assisstance. Thanks.

You're definately screwed so all I can suggest is you get up to the point where Marcus gives you those missions, then go on-line with someone who hasn't handed them in yet else you're going to have to delete your save file and start all over again!

Really? I know that I'm unable to complete all missions alone now that I've 'accepted' Super-Marcus Sweep, but I've heard that if I complete this with someone else, it's easily gotten around. Is it best to do this mission as soon as possible to prevent it intefering with any of the story missions (before I get to them), or should I finish the story first?

Like I said, get up to the point where Marcus gives you those missions, then go on-line with someone who hasn't handed them in yet and that should clear them from your quest list.

If completing those missions online DOESN'T fix your problem then there isn't anything else you can do but start over with a new character :(.

Like I said, get up to the point where Marcus gives you those missions, then go on-line with someone who hasn't handed them in yet and that should clear them from your quest list.

If completing those missions online DOESN'T fix your problem then there isn't anything else you can do but start over with a new character :(.

OK, thank you, but why should I wait until I get up to the point where Marcus gives me them rather than doing it straight away? If I joined my friend now, would it not just mark it off and allow me to continue with the rest of the missions? I already have the quest active, so I don't understand why you're saying I need to progress further before completing it.

Also, doesn't Marcus give you those missions after completing the story - which, what you're telling me to do, means I'll have to complete Loot Larceny first, which would end up glitching my game due to having both missions active at the same time?

Sorry for having any doubt in you, but I myself stil do not fully understand these glitches, how they occur and what impact they have, and everything I know about them is just an amalgamation of all the stories I've heard from others about being unable to complete certain missions - so currently, I have several different variations of what can be done to overcome these glitches, and don't have a thorough enough understanding of them to understand which will work best. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Beasley2K
Added quote

I'm going to get some help explaining this to you as it's complicated.

Thank you so very much, I was hoping someone would provide an explanation so that I can actually make a judgement and decide if the advice I'm given is a viable workaround - because at the moment, I've heard so many different peoples' variations of possible solutions, but there's so much variety that it's hard to tell which will definiteively work and which may bugger it up completely, as different people will have different missions active.

It seems that each person's solution will vary according to their progress through the DLC, depending on which missions are active at any one time, so what may work for some people may not work for others. If an explanation is provided, I'll be able to work out which workaround will work for me by applying the explanation to my own situation. That way I can weigh up my choices to identify which option will be the most likely to combat my situation.

Hopefully, if enough people have some input, I'll be able to turn this into a diagnostic thread, where people can tailor a workaround to their situation depending on their progress, which will preferably allow everyone to avoid missing out on the Trophy because of foolish programming.

Edited by Beasley2K

Terminator, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

OK, I'll try to make this complex issue as simple as I can. The three missions "Loot Larceny", "Super-Marcus Sweep" and "It's Like Christmas" are missions that take place in the same spot. When you start any of the mission(s) it marks that you started all of them and when you complete any of the missions, the game will pick one of those active quests to mark as completed. You need one of the missions to have no checks/ticks in order to walk into the location, so that is why having two of those missions being started at the same time, will make it impossible to start up the incomplete one.

You with me so far?

So either of these scenarios means you are good:

1) You have "Super-Marcus Sweep" with NO check-boxes on any portion of the quest. If this is the case, go do the mission ASAP with your friend (before the other two identical mission) and complete it - see note under (2).*

2) You have "Super-Marcus Sweep" with ALL check-boxes of the quests done. Solid!*

*If either of the above it true, continue the game as normal. Obviously don't take on "Loot Larceny" and "It's Like Christmas" at the same time. If you turn in "Super-Marcus Sweep", Marcus will offer you the next one, and you can refuse it by clicking :circle:. Copying your character save before you hand it in can't hurt just in case.

If you have "Super-Marcus Sweep" PARTIALLY check-ed off, then you theoretically can fix it by joining someone who is starting it fresh, but the chances of finding someone like that are zero to none. I strongly suggest you restart with a new character, or on another play-through. Meaning if you have this problem on play-through one, start it on play-through 2 (which is available after beating the base game once) and you will have a fresh start at Knoxx. If you learn from your mistakes, don't join a game online while in this DLC...

Edited by TigerLust

Thanks TigerLust :hug:I owe you one ;).

You owe him one? Then think how much I owe him!

First of all, let me thank you both for your help. Terminator, for originally addressing my dilemma; and TigerLust, for demonstrating your expertise on this area and explaining the solution with clarity.

I fully understand your introductory paragraph. Thank you for clarifying those details. I was aware that I shouldn't play online in this DLC, but I required help for the co-op Trophies from the main game, having not yet started the Secret Armory, and was unaware that my friend had.

Here's where I stand: I have only done the first few story missions of the DLC (currently on Moxxi's Red Light) and nothing else - no side missions. I have some active side missions (received from the very same person that gave me the glitch!), but haven't met any of the requirements to turn them in.

- Super-Marcus Sweep is currently active. None of the boxes are checked, and neither Loot Larceny nor It's Like Christmas are active.

- My neighbour has this game, and is also working this DLC.

So, from what you're saying, all I have to do is join someone that has just started this mission? When last asked, my neighbour was quite early on. I informed him of my glitch, and requested that he does not do Super-Marcus Sweep so that I can do it with him (which he agreed to), so finding someone won't be a problem (providing he still hasn't done it).

So, if understand correctly, can you just clarify:

- If I wait for my friend to accept Super-Marcus Sweep and join him straight after, and thereby fulfil the requirements and turn the mission in with him, it will be cleared from my ECHO (we shall both back-up our saves prior to him accepting the mission so that we may repeat if necessary) and therefore count as complete?

- I am then able to continue with the rest of the missions on my game, unhindered, and will be able to complete Loot Larceny, and then It's Like Christmas, providing they are not active at the same time?

If you could just confirm that if I were to progress with my game in that way, the glitch will be resolved and I can continue throughout the rest of the Secret Armory.

Sorry for being over-cautious, but I'd just like to resolve this in the most efficient way possible, so would just like to ensure that my intentions are sure to rid me of this glitch.

Many thanks.

Edited by Beasley2K

Mine screwed up ages ago on my P2 game S.M.S is an active quest on my list but I haven't done it yet as I am doing missions for Athena I haven't done any of the missions for Marcus as there all active downside is I have fully collected one of the cores you have to do.

So I've probably screwed it over anyways I have the main story missions and Marcus' I've done the midget missions already and some side ones but again I'll have to start again sometime when I can be bothered.

I cant believe they would release new DLC and not address this issue I can bet it's a massive topic on there official forums.

So, if understand correctly, can you just clarify:

- If I wait for my friend to accept Super-Marcus Sweep and join him straight after, and thereby fulfill the requirements and turn the mission in with him, it will be cleared from my ECHO (we shall both back-up our saves prior to him accepting the mission so that we may repeat if necessary) and therefore count as complete?

- I am then able to continue with the rest of the missions on my game, unhindered, and will be able to complete Loot Larceny, and then It's Like Christmas, providing they are not active at the same time?

It should, hopefully. The quest log is glitch-ed something awe-full (in the base game too), so there is always a chance you will get "Loot Larceny" at the same time. As long as both you and your neighbor both have the backups thou you can just try again. If it goes wrong, another option you can try as you are neighbors is do it on the same console in co-op and see if it works better to fix the glitch that way. In order to ensure you don't get "Loot Larceny" inherited, I think you are best off not doing too many of the main missions before this.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question about this

to be honest, I never once even thought the could be a problem like this when I first brought the game which wasn't to long ago, I just brought the game and played it, didn't go online at first but after awhile i did and got quests.

now on this DLC I got those 2 quests "super-marcus-sweep" and "its like Christmas" already because someone else had them

if I remember correctly it was "its like Christmas" that got done first and it was only when I went back the second time that I got the quest "loot larceny" which I think I missed something the first time which is why I didn't get it the first time round, so after watching the cut scene again and killing the boss a second time and I'm not 100% sure which one got done next but when the count down started before I did anything it said it said I had completed which ever one it was.

so I tried a third time this time no cut scene, had to kill the boss again though, but this time the big doors behind him where already opened, I went inside the count down never started but said I completed the last quest, and I handed all 3 of them in.

my problem is, in my mission log it says I have completed all 3 of them with a tick but I never got the trophy for "depot demolition"

I still have one mission to do in this DLC, so I don't know if I will still get the trophy "Completionist" but I wanted to know how can I get the "Depot Demolition" trophy can I join someone who has to do the "loot larceny" quest and have them turn it in even though I have already done it and handed it in?

if not I had an idea will this still work, if I did split screen, player 1 as a new character and player 2 as my high level character who has already done it, and go though it all again, which shouldn't be to hard if my high character does all the killing, will that work? will I get the trophy if player 1 is doing the quest and hands in the quest? I think it might because I've been playing split screen with my brother who far behind me, because he far behind me he always player 1 and I help him with the quests he needs to do, which I have already done, but because he never went online, he gets the quests when he should in the game

thank you, hope you can understand what I was saying

xSkeithx:

My advise to you is finish the quests on your main char and see if you get Completionist.

If you DO get that: Both your split-screen and joining-a-host solutions should work. I don't recall for certian, but off the top of my head I think depot demolition pops during the explosion, not turning it in.

If you do NOT get that: Play thru the whole thing again on another char, or another playthru. Meaning if your main character did the DLC on play thru 1, you can (beat the base game if you havent already and) choose play thru 2 and do the Armory DLC that way.

Make sense?

thank you for your reply TigerLust and yup I do understands

ok this is weird and don't know why it did this, first of all, I went to finish off the mission I needed to do and I got "Completionist" so that good

but what is weird once I handed in the mission to kill Crawmerax, I went back onto DLC 4 on playthrough 1 to carry on getting the "oil cans" and all the enemies were level 62 and that was playthrough 1 not 2 and I did reload to make sure I was on playthrough 1 and I was right, does anyone know why that happened?

lucky I copied my save before I handed in the mission to kill Crawmerax so loaded from that save so I still need to hand in the mission to kill Crawmerax, my second problem is that because I got glitched on my first playthrough on DLC3 I went onto doing my second playthrough and again I have those two missions "super-marcus-sweep" and "its like Christmas" already again..... is it possible to make sure when I get to the end of DLC3 that I'm not doing those missions but the main story one?

and one last thing, I am glitched right at the start of the playthrough 2, when Zed wants me to kill 5 Skags it doesn't work, I kill them but nothing, I looked at my missions and it looks like those killing are going to a mission on DLC3 what can I do?

Edited by xSkeithx

I think I'm glitched. I have Super-Marcus Sweep active but I already have the second objective complete (Steal Loot). When I go back to the armory the door is shut and there's no way for me to get back in there to start the countdown.

I've already finished everything else up to killing Crawmerax and don't really want to have to re-do everything on playthrough 2.

Is it possible to correct this by joining someone who hasn't started it yet and doing it online?

I think I'm glitched. I have Super-Marcus Sweep active but I already have the second objective complete (Steal Loot). When I go back to the armory the door is shut and there's no way for me to get back in there to start the countdown.

I've already finished everything else up to killing Crawmerax and don't really want to have to re-do everything on playthrough 2.

Is it possible to correct this by joining someone who hasn't started it yet and doing it online?

I would like to know this as well. I have the Super-Marcus Sweep and Crawmerax objectives left. Was running towards the room to start the countdown and fell through the damn floor. Thanks to my rush to reach level 50 and finish the objective, I ran around the area then saw a room which checked off the steal loot box and couldn't find a way back up to the control room. :mad:

Tried dying but spawned back to the entrance of the Armory and the door was closed. Really wish I read about it beforehand so I could have just turned the game off without saving. Well least I'm in playthrough 1 but damn it will suck doing it all again.

After some Googling it seems this is an old glitch Gearbox has never addressed.

Edited by nycking

• 2 weeks later...

ok. I have the same thing but I was able to complete both missions, and check them in, all single player, and my door is still open.

first thing first, if your door is shut, it is shut forever in single player, any incomplete missions, just do them online.

I think I was able to do blow it up twice and still have the door open, because I HAVE NOT yet finish my story.

So, I guess you can leave " expose munitions" unchecked, and you'll be able to do both Marcus missions. As I did.

• 3 weeks later...
but what is weird once I handed in the mission to kill Crawmerax, I went back onto DLC 4 on playthrough 1 to carry on getting the "oil cans" and all the enemies were level 62 and that was playthrough 1 not 2 and I did reload to make sure I was on playthrough 1 and I was right, does anyone know why that happened?

The reason why they have jumped to higher levels is because you finished that piece of the content when you finish the content the levels of the enemies get harder. Now why it's on P1 there level 60+ I dont know on mine they are level 50 if I remember will check. I just finished Knoxx on P2 and now there all level 63-65 I'm level 63 but I can't kill any of them with my weapons which I am piss**.

My weapons are really high in damage I have one machine gun with 300+ and when I kill someone my fire rate and recoil drop and I am like a chain gun firing like crazy maybe when I get to 69 it might be easier. I only need 2 marcus mission to do but will now have to level up to go against Knoxx as I think you still go against him again for It's Like Christmas mission.

jeez, people keep getting hit with this glitch. :(

Here are the solutions, let's start with pro-active solutions, which of course is usually not possible once your on the thread:

1) Play OFFLINE and don't take more than one of these missions at once: "Loot Larceny", "It's Like Christmas" and "Super-Marcus Sweep". You can always hit :circle: when being offered a mission. Once you take the mission, it's too late.

2) Backup your game before doing these missions. Restore if it glitches on you. You can make a backup to a disk, and to each profile. So if you have two USB drives and 16 profiles on your PS3, you can backup your character save to the other 15 profiles and both disks = 17 backups of your character save. Just keep track on a piece of paper of what save is for what if you do a lot of different backups.

3) If you are in a game and it glitches on you. Do not save. Do not collect $200. That means DON'T go into another room, or fast travel, or do anything else that causes the game to save. Instead, Quit the game from XMB. Fast.

If you didn't follow the advice above, and in the guide, then here are some options once you are glitch-ed. Keep in mind the above of course:

4) Find someone who didn't start the mission yet and have him host.

5) Someone told me about a "Medkit Glitch". Essentially, what you do is buy as many square med-kits as you can and drop them all in front of the door. This overwhelms the engine somehow to the point where you can walk thru the closed door and fall down into the armory. I personally haven't done this, but many others have and confirmed it to work. Apparently you can even jump your way back up into the elevator to start the countdown for the missions!

6) Do it on another playthru. Meaning, if you are glitched on playthru 1, go to playthru 2 (requires you to beat the core game once) and do ALL the missions again.

7) Have another character on your console get to that quest, and do the mission in split screen. If it is the last quest you need for Completionist, this will not work, as the missions will end with the explosion, and Player 1 needs to be the character that earns the trophy as far as I know.

Edited by TigerLust

jeez, people keep getting hit with this glitch. :(

Here are the solutions, let's start with pro-active solutions, which of course is usually not possible once your on the thread:

1) Play OFFLINE and don't take more than one of these missions at once: "Loot Larceny", "It's Like Christmas" and "Super-Marcus Sweep". You can always hit :circle: when being offered a mission. Once you take the mission, it's too late.

2) Backup your game before doing these missions. Restore if it glitches on you. You can make a backup to a disk, and to each profile. So if you have two USB drives and 16 profiles on your PS3, you can backup your character save to the other 15 profiles and both disks = 17 backups of your character save. Just keep track on a piece of paper of what save is for what if you do a lot of different backups.

3) If you are in a game and it glitches on you. Do not save. Do not collect $200. That means DON'T go into another room, or fast travel, or do anything else that causes the game to save. Instead, Quit the game from XMB. Fast.

If you didn't follow the advice above, and in the guide, then here are some options once you are glitched. Keep in mind the above of course:

4) Find someone who didn't start the mission yet and have him host.

5) Do it on another playthru. Meaning, if you are glitched on playthru 1, go to playthru 2 (requires you to beat the core game once) and do the missions again.

6) Someone told me about a "Medkit Glitch". Essentially, what you do is buy as many square med-kits as you can and drop them all in front of the door. This messes up the engine somehow to the point where you can walk thru the closed door and fall down into the armory. I personally haven't done this, but many others have and confirmed it to work. If you need to complete an objective on the elevator, this WON'T work, as you can't get onto the elevator from what I heard. If anyone knows otherwise, let us know.

7) Have another character on your console get to that quest, and do the mission in split screen. If it is the last quest you need for Completionist, this will not work, as the missions will end with the explosion, and Player 1 needs to be the character that earns the trophy as far as I know.

I can confirm that this worked, as I just did it for "It's Like Christmas" The medkit thing totally works, the more the better. Drop like 200 of them, and all you gotta do is jump and crouch. Most people have trouble with getting under the door, or jumping back up to activate the countdown. I had trouble with one last night, and trouble with another today. But I finally got it done, all you need to do is sit a good hour aside, get at least one person who's somewhat dependable and drop medkits until you can simply "walk" through the closed door, and then have fun trying to jump up back where you fell through in the first place... to activate the countdown. Badda bing, completionist without another 20+ hour runthrough. Huzzah!