Fired Up! Scorcher Base Feltrite Puzzle Room Solution

poetic_justice_

FIRST ROOM

The trophy guide for this is a bit confusing and slightly inaccurate. Harry94 wrote, "In the room with the gas and flames you want to pick the crystal up on the right stone switch and place it on the left stone switch to open the door." This is not possible.

Once you pick up the feltrite crystal of the highlighted pedestal, you cannot put the crystal down. However, you still want to pick it up in order to make a skull item available. Once you pick up the crystal, look to your left and behind you. You should see a skull item at about knee height resting on a tiny drop-down panel on the inner walls of the lowest part of the room. If you don't see the skull immediately, start circling the bottom walls of that small area. You will find a skull that can be picked up with :triangle:. This skull is half the key to the puzzle; the other half is knowing where to place it.

(Note: The skull will not appear until you pick up the crystal, so don't bother trying to find it until you pick up the feltrite crystal).

Once you have the skull, go back to the pedestal device where the feltrite crystal was located. You will see the pedestal where the feltrite was sitting is now glowing white. IGNORE THIS PEDESTAL. Instead, go to the pedestal that is dark and without a highlight. When you move close enough, the :triangle: prompt will appear. Press :triangle: to deposit the skull here (the computer will auto-select the skull for you) and open the door of your escape.

SECOND ROOM

Here is a youtube video if you are interested [i take no credit for the video; I just found it]. In short, use the mounted gun and shoot the door until it explodes. That's my kind of puzzle. :thumbsup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0KnOhGJdPQ]RAGE: The Scorchers DLC - Scorcher Base: Feltrite Crystal Rocket Launcher Puzzle HD Gameplay PS3 - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by poetic_justice_

I didn't even find the skull.

Huh? I couldn't do anything until I found the skull, and the skull wouldn't appear until I removed the feltrite crystal. That is weird. No disrespect intended toward you by this thread Harry - I just couldn't get the door to open any other way.

So you are saying you were able to pick up the crystal and then set it down again on the opposite pedestal? Because when I tried that, the :triangle: prompt never appeared on the second pedestal. It was only after I picked up the skull that the :triangle: prompt appeared on the second pedestal, and as noted, the pedestal was not highlighted. It was very confusing and unclear, which is why I made the post. Hopefully people have more success with your method, if the computer will allow them to do it. It simply did not work for me without the skull. Odd.

Maybe Rage let you do it because you're an Ultimate Being, whereas I am just an Established Member. ;)

Edited by poetic_justice_

Skull? :confused:

I just clicked on the empty pedestal and feltrite appeared and the door opened lol :confused:

Strange, I did exactly what Harry wrote: pick up the crystal on the right and put it on the left pedestal. Worked and took me 2 secs to went through the room... :o

I did the same thing. I just picked up the feltrite from the right and placed it on the left and puzzle solved lol When i read the op post i was like wtf are you talking about?? because i didnt even notice it was a puzzle to begin with and kinda just breeze through that temple on nightmare from my previous save. From the video the only difference i see is that there was a rocket launcher were in mine there was none (probably because i already had it).

Yeah, this is weird, i just went through the room in a few seconds too. Maybe because i just put it back once, removed, then put it on the left. By the way, i reloaded my save twice thinking that i missed something like a hidden room with items, who knows. LOL. And i did the same as described above, put back in the right, then to the left.

Edited by Pimenta

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I never could find the skull either...until I realized that it only shows itself when the gas is pouring out. It pops out of one of those little "flaps" in the lower wall in the back left corner behind you. This guy does it during his walkthrough video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnA9MhfdEv0]Rage (HD+), The Scorcher Threat (D), #043/#055 - YouTube[/ame]