Resistance: Burning Skies - Grey Tech Guide

Kolm

EYkyb.png 

Thanks to ub4of for the banner!

Grey Tech Guide

In this guide you'll find all Grey Tech in the game. Let me know if you would come along one that I missed.

Grey Tech looks like a little light blue/green cube.

You only need 9 pieces of Grey Tech to upgrade your weapons for the trophies but you can upgrade each weapon 6 times in total. The Grey Tech is listed in the order that you'll find it in the game. I also noticed that Grey Tech you picked up during your first playthrough, respawns during a New Game+ playthrough and picking it up a second time also adds to the number of pieces of Grey Tech you have.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Chapter 1

• Ellie will take take the piece of Grey Tech out a truck during a cutscene at the end of the chapter (Unmissable).
  • After defeating the Executioner you'll have to run to make it to the tunnel. At a certain point you'll enter a bigger area with trucks and the entrance to the tunnel is at the right side of the area. Instead of going to the entrance of the tunnel, look straight ahead. There'll be a truck that is on his side and the roof is facing you. Look behind the truck on the ground. There's a piece of Grey Tech next to it.

Chapter 2

• You'll see the piece of Grey Tech at the end of the introduction scene of the chapter. As soon as you gain control, get back in the room you came out of in the cutscene and grab the Grey Tech from the desk.
  • At a certain point you'll have to hit a switch for Ellie to move the Chimeran ship. Behind the switch is a little platform with some stairs in front of it. It's also right under the spot where Ellie is standing. The Grey Tech is behind this platform and next to the Chimeran ship. There's also intel on the platform itself.
  • After lifting the Chimeran ship for Ellie she seems to get hit by the dropship she shot down. You'll enter the hole in the wall you just opened by moving the ship. Immediately turn left instead of following the other soldier to the right. The Grey Tech is on the ground.
  • After picking up the previous piece of Grey Tech, you'll go through a corridor and enter an open area where you'll be reunited with Ellie. Follow the wall to your left side when you entered the area and the Grey Tech will be at the end of the wall in the corner. It's to the left of the train with some boxes on. Kill the enemies before you get it.
  • At a certain point you'll drop down and enter an area with a ramp in the middle. The ramp will take you to the lower level of the building in which you dropped down (under the spot where you dropped down previously). Go down the ramp and once inside there's a truck in front of you. The Grey Tech is behind the truck on a higher platform.
  • After carrying a hurt soldier, you’ll get on an elevator that breaks and drops down. When you descended the shaft, went through a corridor and killed some enemies you are in a circular room. Next to the entrance of the room is a sign with 'B-1'. When you stand in the entrance, look to the right and you’ll see the piece of Grey Tech on a platform across the gap. You’ll have to go around the whole room to reach it. Watch out for the enemies! It's next to a dead soldier and some grenades.
  • When you're fighting the Abomination, you'll be fighting him from the inside out at first. At a certain point you'll be in an area with two vertical pipes that open up every few seconds. In the middle of the area is a big structure with metal and meat. The piece of Grey Tech is behind this structure on the right side and on the ground. This is the final part where you are fighting on the Abomination itself.

Chapter 3

• When you get control for the first time in the chapter, look slightly to the right. Behind some concrete barriers is some ammo and next to it is a Jeep. Look behind the Jeep on the ground. There’s also intel in the Jeep.
  • The first enemies of the chapter will spawn out of a container. To the left of the container is another area with a destroyed bus and truck. The Grey Tech is in between the bus and the truck.
  • When searching an alternative route towards the VTOL, you'll be walking under destroyed buses and you will kill some Longlegs. At a certain point you’ll have to cross a gap by walking over two pipes next to each other. When you crossed those pipes, look to the left. You’ll see the Grey Tech behind some bars. Jump over the bars to get it. There's also some ammo to the left of the Grey Tech (not behind the bars).
  • When you're still searching for an alternative route to the VTOL, you'll climb up some ladders and walk across some wooden boards. At a certain point there will be some enemies and cars in front of you when you reach the top of a ladder. The Grey Tech is to your left (when climbing the ladder) behind the steel beam but you can't jump over this beam (you'll see the piece of Grey Tech when jumping). Instead you should go straight a little bit, on to the road and then turn left. To your left is another beam that looks similar to the previous one, but you can jump over this one! Jump over it and grab the piece of Grey Tech on the ground. (Thanks to Avversario for pointing me in the right direction!)
  • When you drop down on the crash site of the VTOL, the Grey Tech is in the back left corner of the area. Behind the crashed VTOL. You can grab it after fighting of the enemies but make sure that you grab it before breaking open the VTOL. Afterwards is also possible, but you have more time before you open the VTOL then after.
  • The second time you come out of the bridge after the VTOL crash site, you'll meet Grims for the first time. When you come out of the bridge there's a destroyed blue car to your right, the Grey Tech is behind this car.
  • After coming out of the bridge for the third time since the VTOL crash site, you'll meet Grims for a second time. Fight of the first batch and look to the right when you continue. Before you go to a higher level there'll be two cars on the right side and behind the second car is the Grey Tech.
  • In the last area with the Impaler boss, if you hug the right side (the side where the bridge is broken) you'll see two concrete dividers in front of two bridge pillars at the end of that side. When you jump up on the dividers you'll see the piece of Grey Tech in between the two bridge pillars. (Thanks to Lionheartwolf for finding this one!)
Edited by Viper
Editorial sweep

Chapter 4

• Inside a big hangar with a lot of boxes with the SRPA logo on, there are also two tanks in the middle. Go through the passage in between the tanks and take a left afterwards. There will be a case on the ground with the Grey Tech, it's before you go through a door to get back outside.
  • When you enter the labs, go to the back right corner. The Grey Tech is inside a case on the ground. It’s next to the stairs that you take to go to the lower level.
  • After being reunited with Ellie you'll go through some more labs and Ellie will also say something about Project Abraham and Nathan Hale. After this you’ll go down some stairs and you’re in a room where you should go left to progress. But instead of going left, go straight ahead and up the stairs at the end of the room. At the top of the stairs will be the piece of Grey Tech, next to a dead chimera.
  • After killing the executioner you’ll enter a room with the entrance to the vault. Go left down the stairs towards the entrance of the vault. Look underneath the platform to the left of the stairs (when going down), the Grey Tech is on the ground between some boxes. Grab it before you enter the air shaft!
  • After you exit the vault and killed the enemies, look to the left in the corner closest to the vault. The Grey Tech is on the ground.
  • After you found and watched the film of Gorrell you'll have to escape the facility by getting under doors in time. At a certain point you'll be running through a tunnel and you'll have to crouch to get through a hole in the wall. When you're through the wall you'll see a an empty case that contained Grey Tech on your right side. Go up the ladder to your right and turn left, the Grey Tech is on the ground. I don't think it's possible to get it without dying afterwards.
  • When reunited with Ellie you'll fight a lot of enemies while waiting until an elevator arrives. You'll take the elevator together. As soon as it opens, run forward and save the soldier. The chimera you killed will drop a piece of Grey Tech. If you don't save the soldier, the piece of Grey Tech won't be there.

Chapter 5

• Before going underneath a house with some spider monsters, go past the house and next to it on the left side is the Grey Tech on the ground.
  • After splitting up with Ellie to follow two Chimera, you'll reach the crash site of the jet. Don't go towards the wooden beams to the left. Instead go straight and you'll see a little objective sign on the jet. Crouch to crawl under the wing of the jet and turn to the left. The sign to tap the screen appears, tap the screen to grab the pilot and lay him on your shoulder. Continue past the jet and to the left to crawl under the other wing of the jet. You'll put the pilot to the left against the wall. When the scene if over, a piece of Grey Tech will be next to the soldier.
  • When you enter the first cave with train tracks, there will be some sort of shack to the right of where you enter. Crouch to get in the shack. When in the shack go up the ladder, the Grey Tech is on the table, next to a piece of intel.
  • When you enter the first cave with the train tracks (the same as above), there will be a small entrance in the middle of the wall at the other side. Enter this cave and the Grey Tech will be on the ground at the end of the cave.
  • After going through some tunnels, you'll have to take a door to the left side, right after you exit a tunnel and killed some enemies. Instead of taking the door, take the tunnel at the right side of the room. The Grey Tech is on the ground at the end of the tunnel.
  • At a certain point when you're searching for your family in the hotel, you’ll go a level higher by walking through a hole in the ceiling. When you continue there might be a lone enemy and after that you can take the stairs to go one level down again. Go one level down and there are two rooms on the left side, the Grey Tech is in the second room next to the bed, on the ground. It's right before you meet up with a soldier.
  • After meeting up with Ellie and going after your wife and daughter who are kidnapped by some flying octopus, you’ll enter a garage with some cars at a certain point. The Grey Tech is under the stairs of where you entered the room.
  • After going up a spiral staircase in the garage, you should follow the pad to the right and past a micro. The Grey Tech is on the ground.

Chapter 6

• Right after you split from Ellie you'll enter a big room with a lot of enemies. After you kill them you’re supposed to go through a door across the room from where you entered. Instead of going to the door on the left side of the room to reach that door, turn around and take the door that is diagonally across the room from the door on the left side. The Grey Tech is on the ground at the bottom of the stairs. The door is to the right of the door through which you entered (when facing the other side of the room), almost under the door through which you entered.
  • In the second room after you split from Ellie (it has a lot of red tubes in the middle), take the door in the middle of the right wall. Watch out for the lone enemy and take right at the bottom of the stairs. The Grey Tech is in a corner on the ground. Alternatively, go right when you enter the room and go through the door at the end. Turn left and after the wall to the left is the piece of Grey Tech on the ground.
  • When you enter the third room after splitting up with Ellie, go all the way to the right. The Grey Tech is on the ground behind a big "pole". There is also Intel nearby.
  • When you enter the room where you see the power generator room for the first time, turn around and the Grey Tech is to the right of the door through which you entered.
  • You’ll enter a cave and you'll need to cross the gap to get to the other side of the room by crossing a big pipe. Take left after crossing the first pipe and the Grey Tech is on the ground next to a dead soldier. It's a little bit hidden between small rocks.
  • After going through the previous cave, you’ll free a soldier and kill some enemies (some with augers) in a square room with a power core in the center. Enter the door across from the door where you enter the inside part of the square room. It's an open door and you don’t need to push the screen to open a door (this door is to the right side). The Grey Tech is on the ground.
  • When you enter a room with three power cores in the center (right after the previous square room), don’t go down the stairs, but go to the left. Take another left and a right and go up the stairs. You’ll be on the upper level of the room. Take right and follow the path. The Grey Tech is on the ground at the end of the path, in between some ammo boxes.
  • When you enter a room with three power cores in the center (the same as in the previous location), go down the stairs and through the door in front of you. The Grey Tech is on the left side in a case on the ground.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

My Grey Tech guide is finished and it should contain all pieces of Grey Tech in the game. If I somehow still missed one, let me know and I'll add it and credit you! I already requested to change the title of the thread, so that should be fixed soon.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

thx for guide, i need to walkthrouhgt the game 2nd time, because i upgraded each weapons slot :mad:

You're welcome!

You only need to upgrade one slot of each weapon for the 'upgrade all weapons' trophy and you need one extra piece of grey tech to upgrade one weapon twice (one red and one blue upgrade).

You might just use level select to get them if you don't need many. A small warning: once you start new game+, you can pick up grey tech pieces a 2nd time but this comes at the cost that your 'load level' section gets reset and you need to complete a level to unlock it again in the load level section!

You're welcome!

You only need to upgrade one slot of each weapon for the 'upgrade all weapons' trophy and you need one extra piece of grey tech to upgrade one weapon twice (one red and one blue upgrade).

You might just use level select to get them if you don't need many. A small warning: once you start new game+, you can pick up grey tech pieces a 2nd time but this comes at the cost that your 'load level' section gets reset and you need to complete a level to unlock it again in the load level section!

thx again, i try it tomorrow, it will be last trophy to get my plat in this amesome game :)

i found a gray tech you missed in chapter 3 as well. in the last area with the boss, if you hug the right side where the bridge is broken you'll see two concrete dividers at the end. if you jump up on them you'll see one hanging out there.

Thanks! I think I didn't search chapter 3 very well... But I found the final intel in the chapter as well! It was in a car shortly after the one you pointed out...

It's added to the guide and you got credit again :)

Hello! I've found another grey tech in Chapter 3 – George Washington bridge. It's near this grey tech: "When you drop down on the crash site of the VTOL, it’s in the back left corner of the area. Behind the crashed VTOL. You can grab it after fighting of the enemies but make sure that you grab it before breaking open the VTOL. Afterwards is also possible, but you have more time before you open the VTOL then after...". The grey tech I've found is under a bridge construction near helicopter. I don't know how to pick up this grey tech. Maybe you can help me. Here's a video although it's in a crappy quality - sorry, it was the best I could do while holding camera with one hand and playing Resistance in another.

Hello! I've found another grey tech in Chapter 3 – George Washington bridge. It's near this grey tech: "When you drop down on the crash site of the VTOL, it’s in the back left corner of the area. Behind the crashed VTOL. You can grab it after fighting of the enemies but make sure that you grab it before breaking open the VTOL. Afterwards is also possible, but you have more time before you open the VTOL then after...". The grey tech I've found is under a bridge construction near helicopter. I don't know how to pick up this grey tech. Maybe you can help me. Here's a video although it's in a crappy quality - sorry, it was the best I could do while holding camera with one hand and playing Resistance in another.

Thanks! I'm going to check it out, I hope that I can find a way to grab it!

And don't worry, recording with the vita is quite hard... I'm almost finished with the boss battles and it's quite hard to manage. My camera is in between me and the vita, but I have to look out that I don't move my vita too much.

Edit: Found it! You have to grab it way before you reach the VTOL site :)

Gave you credit for pointing me in the right direction! Thanks again!

Edited by Kolm

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...