L.A Noire: Reefer Madness DLC - Road Map and Trophy Guide

KryptoniteDragon

DLC Trophy Guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/358/57.jpg Every Herb Bearing Seed (G)

Complete 'Reefer Madness'.

Story related and cannot be missed, just simply finish the entire case.

Story Walkthrough:

[spoiler=PD]Hollywood Police Station

• POI: Freddie Calhoun - Information provided automatically at station.

Mike Lyman’s Bar

• Locate: Freddie Calhoun - Find in the back of the bar. Information provided on a marijuana stash house.

Juan Garcia Cruz’s Residence

(NOTE: 5 items are required for the 20th Century Market to open and to achieve the 'High Flyer' trophy)

• Shootout: Upon arrival at the scene, a shootout will ensue. Go left along the fence and around to enter the back of the house. Kill the two criminals inside.
  • Trophy: Forcible Rear Entry - Kill the two assailants at the stash house after entering through the back door. Don't kill them beforehand while outside!
  • POI: Juan Garcia Cruz - Locate the wallet (right coat pocket) of the dead suspect at your feet. Inspect the license closely. Note: Required for the 'High Flyer' trophy.
  • Clue: Juan’s Silver Dollar - Check the left coat pocket. Note: Required for the 'High Flyer' trophy.
  • Clue: ‘Masangkay’ - Check the white notepad atop the boxes to your left (under the lamp).
  • Locate: Soup boxes located directly across from the front door - Inspection provides a new location of Parnell’s Soup Co.
  • Locate: Newspaper ad - Find the paper in the back room of the house. Inspecting closely provides a new location called 20th Century Market. Note: Required for the 'High Flyer' trophy.
  • Locate: Chicken Coop - Found at the rear of the house.
  • Locate: Secret room of Chicken Coop - Inspect light tan flour can on shelves to the left as you enter. A hidden room is found.
  • Clue: Tijuana dope shipments - Inspect the first line in blue Parnell ledger found in this secret room. Note: Required for the 'High Flyer' trophy.
  • POI: E.J.? - Discovered from inspecting blue ledger.
  • Clue: Soup Cans - Pick up and open the two cans to the right of the ledger (near the can opener). The lids of the cans will appear as a lighter color. Note: At least one can must be opened for the 'High Flyer' trophy.
  • Trophy: Soup In The Pot - Open two soup cans in the hidden stash room.

Parnell’s Soup Co. Factory

(NOTE: Skip this location to achieve the 'High Flyer' trophy OR travel here for a 5 star rating)

• POI: Howard Parnell - Talk to secretary immediately upon entering.
  • Locate: Howard Parnell - Follow the secretary to his office.
  • POI: Jorge Garcia Cruz - Inspect the name closely on the 2nd page of the ledger.
  • Interview: Parnell’s Soup Company - Doubt (Howard Parnell)
  • Interview: Factory Sealed Soup Cans - Doubt (Howard Parnell)
  • Interview: Knowledge of Cruz Brothers - Doubt (Howard Parnell)
  • Interview: Inside Man Jorge Garcia - Truth (Howard Parnell)
  • POI: Sergio Rojas - Follow Mr. Parnell on a tour to meet Sergio.
  • Clue: Sergio’s Silver Dollar - Discovered in Sergio’s hands upon meeting him.
  • Interview: Factory Sealed Soup Cans - Doubt (Sergio Rojas)

20th Century Market

• Trophy: High Flyer - Find the newspaper ad (about the 20th Century Market) and other required items before going directly from the stash house to this market.
  • Note: Trophy is only unlocked if you have found the required items and come here directly without going to Parnell’s Soup Co. Factory.
  • Pursue: Chase shopkeeper
  • Clue: Shopkeeper’s Silver Dollar (Airto’s Silver Dollar) - Found upon interviewing Airto Sanchez.
  • POI: Airto Sanchez - Inspect license in shopkeeper’s wallet.
  • Interview: Knowledge of E.J. - Lie/Airto’s Silver Dollar (Airto Sanchez)
  • POI: Ernesto Juarez - Revealed during Airto’s interview.
  • Interview: Parnell’s Soup Shipments - Doubt (Airto Sanchez)
  • Interview: Juan and Jorge Cruz - Truth (Airto Sanchez)

Parnell’s Soup Co. Factory

• Shootout: Kill all the drug smugglers.
  • Clue: Gunman’s Silver Dollar (Ernesto’s Silver Dollar) - Find in dead gunman’s left hand.
  • Clue: Boxed Marijuana Shipment - Find by inspecting boxes located beside your partner.
  • Clue: Jorge’s Silver Dollar - Locate by following uniformed patrolman. Inspect breast pocket of body.
  • Clue: Collected Silver Dollars - Bring the drug cartel coins together.
  • Code: MAS - ANG - KAY - MET - ALS - Arrange the coins.
  • Trophy: Spare A Dime - Complete the puzzle found at Parnell’s Soup Co. Factory using the Morgan silver dollars to spell 'Masangkay Metals.'

Masangkay Metals

• Locate: Find a way into the location. Go right completely around the building next door until you find an alley. Climb the gold pipe found there to get onto the roof. Slide down the other pipe just to the right. Now circle the building until you find the open door and locate your suspects.
  • Shootout: Battle your way through the building until reaching the back office of the uppermost floor.
  • Trophy: Every Herb Bearing Seed - Finish off the case and final cutscene.

Edited by Terminator
Guide revisions by Terminator, 28/08/2017.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i.imgur.com/slg4GLT.png

Overview:

Estimated Completion Difficulty: Estimated 2/10

Offline Trophies: 5

Online Trophies: 0

Trophy Breakdown: 4 (B) 1 (G)

Approximate Time to Completion: 20-30 minutes

Minimum Number of Playthroughs: 1

Missable Trophies: 4 as related to DLC, see below.

Glitched Trophies: 0

Difficulty Affected Trophies: None

Cheat Codes: None

Introduction:

'Reefer Madness' is a Vice Case allowing Phelps and his partner, Detective Earle, to investigate a city-wide marijuana distribution ring. There are 5 trophies and 4 of these trophies must be earned at the appropriate time or restarting the case from the beginning may be required. Keep in mind that you can "Quit Out" of the game if you miss something and need to resume to an earlier point in the game. It will resume from the last autosave so make sure you are aware of your save points. If you don't use this method, or don't use the method in time, then you can consider 4 of the trophies missable as related to DLC.

The downloadable content for 'Reefer Madness' can be found under the Vice Desk once DLC is downloaded and installed.

5 stars is not required but for help with getting 5 stars check the walkthrough under the Every Herb Bearing Seed trophy.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced a missing banner.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/358/60.jpg High Flyer (B) (H)

Find the flyer at Juan Garcia Cruz's house and proceed straight to the 20th Century Market.

*Missable* Following the shootout at the stash house, you'll search for evidence. There is a newspaper flyer in a back room that provides details on the 20th Century Market. To unlock the trophy you must make your next driving destination the 20th Century Market and not Parnell’s Soup Co. Factory. Traveling to the soup company factory will allow you to achieve a 5 star rating but you will not unlock this trophy.

The 20th Century Market will also remain locked until you have located the following items while at the stash house:

[spoiler=High]

• POI: Juan Garcia Cruz - Locate the wallet (right coat pocket) of the initial dead suspect at your feet. Inspect the license closely.

• Clue: Juan’s Silver Dollar (Gunman's Silver Dollar) - Check the left coat pocket.

• Locate: Newspaper ad - Find the paper in the back room of the house. Inspecting closely provides a new location called 20th Century Market.

• Clue: Tijuana dope shipments - Inspect the first line in blue Parnell ledger found in the secret room of the chicken coop.

• Clue: Soup Cans - Pick up and open the two cans to the right of the ledger (near the can opener). The lids of the cans will appear as a lighter color. At least one can must be opened for this trophy.

Note: This trophy unlocks late and after several cutscenes occur at the 20th Century Market.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/358/61.jpg Forcible Rear Entry (B) (H)

Enter the Las Palmas stash house via the back door and kill Juan Garcia Cruz.

*Missable* This trophy is earned by killing two suspects located inside the stash house but only after entering the house by way of the back door. Initially you will be tempted to shoot the suspects through the front window but don’t. Leaving cover will also get you killed very quickly. Simply move along the wall to the left and then go down the fence line located to the left of the house. Once you are away from the front of the house, hop the fence and enter through the back door. Once inside you should walk while aiming in anticipation of the two kills needed for the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/358/59.jpg Soup In The Pot (B) (H)

Open both soup cans in Juan Garcia Cruz's stash room.

*Missable* After the stash house shootout, locate the hidden room in the chicken coop that is found behind the residence. This hidden room is accessed by pulling on the light tan colored flour can on the middlemost shelf. This room then contains some evidence hidden inside sealed soup cans. The trophy is unlocked by opening these two specific cans located near the mounted can opener. The cans you will need to pick up and open will have lighter colored lids than other nearby cans.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/358/58.jpg Spare A Dime (B) (H)

Complete the puzzle of the US Morgan silver dollars at Parnell's Soup.

*Missable* A puzzle challenge is given to you following the shootout at Parnell's Soup. Arrange these Morgan silver dollars so that they spell 'Masangkay Metals'. This will also prompt another investigator to tell you the address so that you can then travel to that location to complete the case. Collecting all Morgan silver dollars is not necessary to be given this puzzle.

The locations of the Morgan Silver Dollars are:

[spoiler=Morgan]

• Juan's Silver Dollar - Juan Garcia Cruz’s Residence in coat pocket of first dead criminal, Juan Cruz.

• Sergio's Silver Dollar - Meet Sergio during tour of Parnell's Soup Factory (if you choose to go to this non-mandatory location).

• Airto’s Silver Dollar - Interview Airto after foot chase at 20th Century Market.

• Ernesto’s Silver Dollar - Inspect left hand of first dead gunman after Parnell's Soup Factory shootout.

• Jorge’s Silver Dollar - Inspect breast pocket of second dead gunman after Parnell's Soup Factory shootout.

Edited by Terminator
Removed some dead videos.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/358/60.jpg High Flyer (B) (H)

Find the flyer at Juan Garcia Cruz's house and proceed straight to the 20th Century Market.

*Missable* Following the shootout at the stash house, you'll search for evidence. There is a newspaper in a back room that provides details on the 20th Century Market. If you head from the stash house directly to the market (and not Parnell’s Soup Co. Factory) you'll unlock this trophy.

I went straight from the house to the 20th Century Market but it was closed. :think:

EDIT: Ok so I went back to the house and there was a ledger on the table inside the room where you open the 2 cans of "soup". Went back to the Market and it's open now.

Edited by CrosbyIsGod

I went straight from the house to the 20th Century Market but it was closed. :think:

EDIT: Ok so I went back to the house and there was a ledger on the table inside the room where you open the 2 cans of "soup". Went back to the Market and it's open now.

Yeah you caught me still making the walkthrough but it is up now. :)

I feel your pain! Guide is looking guide KD and I'm sure the finally product will be just as good as the previous DLC guides.

Thank you.

Edited by KryptoniteDragon

Cool, quick with the guide, that I like.

Will be using this later today :) Thanks KryptoniteDragon :)

Thanks for the guide, KD. Back to 100%! :D

No problem guys. Thanks for making use of it and I hope it helps a ton.

I have a 2nd question when I interview Sergio Rojas at the Soup Factory and I think this is because I read the ledger first then talked to him. Anyways the answer to that question '20th Century Market' is Lie - Sergio Rojas Silver Dollar.

Yeah I noticed there were a few other branches but this isn't required to get 5 stars nor any trophies. You discover his silver dollar from taking the tour and the ledger doesn't provide any required evidence.

I don't understand what you mean by "missable as related to DLC". All trophies here are related to DLC. This phrase makes no sense to me. :confused:

I am pointing out that while you only have to repeat one single case it is still considered "missable" because you require replaying the entire DLC. Its missable as it relates to the single DLC case yet not when playing through the main story. The DLC is, however, worked into the normal story line and many will be playing it that way.

I thought the EU Store updates Wednesdays. Or did something change this week?

Reading through the blog store updates, it mentions wednesdays. Weird. Always thought it was Thursday, like with new released games. Ah well, either today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Store updated. Time to download the DLC :)

Edited by Vuule

You'll need to find the ledger and open 1 "can of soup".