My Blaster Runs Really, Really Hot (Video)

I know some people have been having trouble with this trophy and I decided to do a video to help, follow what I did for the firsts 3 waves, the rest is just stay alive for as long as you can. My advice is also stick at it. I hope this video helps anyone. Feel free if a mod wants to move it to the trophy guide.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl_SO38v-UY]YouTube - Ratchet and clank a crack in time (My Blaster Runs Really, Really Hot )[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

I made it to the boss with 9650 and died. Its more annoying then it is good, but i will get it eventually.

EDIT Just got through beating My blaster runs hot. I got 12,480 points made it to wave 17 and the enemies are pink during those stages.

Edited by Kingofdarkness

Thanks for your awesome video:D. I got this trophy on my 4th try. I did what you did on the first wave and used that super blue blaster ability thing when my blaster got super hot and took down like 5 dudes at once :). I got 10,390 points, but the boss took me down. Really fun mini-game w/ a nice sense of challenge.:D

• 3 months later...

Thanks berts08, I found based on your video that rushing the gate for the first two level gave me a good starting base 2000+. That said it was still a pain to get the other 8000 odd points, I must have tried it 100+ times before I got the 10000 points. I here it's a lot easier with two players.

• 2 weeks later...

FUCK THIS MINI-GAME! If I wanted to play an 8 bit game why the fuck did I buy a PS3?

I will get it, mark my words. Since it's my last trophy before platinum.

Edit: I got it! Called my buddy over and we were able to get this bitch done in 4 tries! I was trying alone for about 4 hours beforehand.

Edited by Kingpinn187

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I was stuck and never going to get it was ending games around 4,000-5,000 and just got lucky with some extra lives and just got the trophy

Just keep trying and it will come its very frustrating!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your awesome video:D. I got this trophy on my 4th try. I did what you did on the first wave and used that super blue blaster ability thing when my blaster got super hot and took down like 5 dudes at once :). I got 10,390 points, but the boss took me down. Really fun mini-game w/ a nice sense of challenge.:D

Ok ive just sat...Must have atleast played it 50 times then i just thought f**k this couldn't hack it anymore. Come away got a drink, watched a bit TV, posted a few posts on here went back and got 12,547 hahaha can you believe it lol

I didn't have the trouble that most people seem to be having with this trophy, I think I got it on my 5th or 6th attempt.

What helped for me was just ignoring all the advice in the trophy guide that says to always try to save citizens, earn multipliers, and to make sure you have 10,000 points before the boss fight. That first boss isn't actually that difficult, it's pretty simple to beat him without dying and the next wave after him is just 20-30 citizens dropping power up's and extra lives, I got 2,500 points and 4 extra lives just on that level.