Rate the trophy difficulty  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_45.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.42

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the trophies are relatively easy, just some are time consuming.

The official webpage also states that none of the items/quests/trophies are missable, which helps.

End Game Content

Besides optional content, you will also unlock new end game content once you have completed your main quest. We aren't going to spoil any more, details are for you to find out.

Just one final word regarding all optional and end game content. There won't be any missable quests or items during your journey. All optional side quests, dungeons, missing trophies, etc. can still be unlocked after your main quest has been completed. So rest assured, you won't have to start again entirely from the beginning.... that's of course unless you want to. :)

Rainbow Moon Official Website - A Strategy RPG for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system

under system - exploration

Its very enjoyable, so the grind isn't bad at all, its also made all the more easy if you download the 'Black Ring' from the store as this doubles you exp.

All the trophies are relatively easy, just some are time consuming.

The official webpage also states that none of the items/quests/trophies are missable, which helps.

Rainbow Moon Official Website - A Strategy RPG for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system

under system - exploration

Its very enjoyable, so the grind isn't bad at all, its also made all the more easy if you download the 'Black Ring' from the store as this doubles you exp.

So have you finished this already? There are a lot of grind trophies but the game does get progressively harder from a story stand point in terms of strategy etc so don't think this should be voted on until the main story is completed. At least I dont intend to but earlier indicators place this in a 5 to 6 based on the current difficulty curve.

So have you finished this already? There are a lot of grind trophies but the game does get progressively harder from a story stand point in terms of strategy etc so don't think this should be voted on until the main story is completed. At least I dont intend to but earlier indicators place this in a 5 to 6 based on the current difficulty curve.

Yes the game gets harder, but if you grind at a steady pace and don't rush, its not hard. Some strategy is required though.

I have clocked in well over 200 hours on this game and done the main story.

If anybody gets the 50,000 pearls from the store, it becomes even easier as you don't have to worry about which stats to raise and can max out them all, at each level up. This means your health/strength/defence are high enough to take on large fights with little worry.

[spoiler=sansamrainbowmoon1]I took out the Red Death (lvl 22) at end of Gorodo's basement when my main character was only lvl 14, due to my health etc being high enough to take the hits

Yes the game gets harder, but if you grind at a steady pace and don't rush, its not hard. Some strategy is required though.

I have clocked in well over 200 hours on this game and done the main story.

The game hasn't even been out for 200 hours yet. And I think there are no physical copies of the game, download only, so how the hell do you have 200 hours on the clock?

Exactly my point but not as direct lol. Also your trophy card isn't reflective of such a high hour count.

I played the game pre-release as a QA, that is why I have no trophies yet. I bought the game for my partner to play and also play it myself. I played the Alpha and Beta versions so, yes I have had chance to play that much.

I have always bought every game I test as need to support the industry I work in, especially at moment.

I played the game pre-release as a QA, that is why I have no trophies yet. I bought the game for my partner to play and also play it myself. I played the Alpha and Beta versions so, yes I have had chance to play that much.

I have always bought every game I test as need to support the industry I work in, especially at moment.

Fair enough you are a very lucky chap to test games (even though I know its not as glamorous as we all imagine it to be)

* embarrassed face *

So what's your view on platinum difficulty without buying any dlc packs?

I would say that its not much more difficult, around a 4.5-5 area, it just means that you either have to grind more :dance: or really resource manage your Pearls, also if you use the strategies other have mentioned here (attack then defend on final action point/use bags and created walls to divert enemies) you should have no problem with the enemies.

Dying is no biggie in this game as you come back with 1HP and just have to pay for heal and revives.

I would say that its not much more difficult, around a 4.5-5 area, it just means that you either have to grind more :dance: or really resource manage your Pearls, also if you use the strategies other have mentioned here (attack then defend on final action point/use bags and created walls to divert enemies) you should have no problem with the enemies.

Dying is no biggie in this game as you come back with 1HP and just have to pay for heal and revives.

That's great news I realised I was over estimating because I haven't been grinding out enough rainbow pearls and therefore don't have the additional 264 health I could have for Baldren lol.

I think your 4 to 5 comment is more than valid especially as no trophies are missable.

What about the lottery trophy? Does ramping up LUCK help with it, or is it random with too low a chance to be easy? Anything based on RNG gets hard. I remember a game back in the day where final boss was a slot machine, I think original Starfox.

Your luck score does play a major part in this, my first spin was a 'S' reward.

When you select the lottery it will tell you what effects the results, though at end of day it still is just a lottery lol its doesn't effect the difficult of the game though imo as no skill invovled and you can keep playing till you get it. Also the more you play the more you can bet at one time.

Your luck score does play a major part in this, my first spin was a 'S' reward.

When you select the lottery it will tell you what effects the results, though at end of day it still is just a lottery lol its doesn't effect the difficult of the game though imo as no skill invovled and you can keep playing till you get it. Also the more you play the more you can bet at one time.

...thats good info and all, im sure lots of people apreciate your tips, but i work as QA too. Im an activision game tester. And to be honnest, i think this is the most i can say about my job. Im just sayin, i think that you know.. As much as your tips or infos are useful, you should never talk about a game you worked on even though its out right now... Anyways, sorry to jump in like that i know i come out of nowhere, but i thought you should aknowledge that.. It might only be an activision policy, or just common sense i dunno, but be careful. Even though i dont know you, I honnestly wish you never lose your job for a thing like that "/ Dont take this the wrong way or anything i really dont wanna be a jerk... Maybe im just a wuss "/ lol

...thats good info and all, im sure lots of people apreciate your tips, but i work as QA too. Im an activision game tester. And to be honnest, i think this is the most i can say about my job. Im just sayin, i think that you know.. As much as your tips or infos are useful, you should never talk about a game you worked on even though its out right now... Anyways, sorry to jump in like that i know i come out of nowhere, but i thought you should aknowledge that.. It might only be an activision policy, or just common sense i dunno, but be careful. Even though i dont know you, I honnestly wish you never lose your job for a thing like that "/ Dont take this the wrong way or anything i really dont wanna be a jerk... Maybe im just a wuss "/ lol

No completely agree, I have NDA's that prevent me from saying more than I want to :) most of the information I give out is readily available on the interwebs already, or it is information that can be found easy in game. there is loads I would love to say and I could of written a guide already, but like you said I can't lol

Finished the story earlier, which took me 57 hours.

All I've got left are the time consuming ones like 100 hours and reach lv.500.

Not going to vote yet but I'll probably go with a 3. Anyone should be able to plat this game, just requires a significant time commitment.

Brilliant game though, I have enjoyed every second of it.

I see this game as a 5.5-6. I try to look at the current list of game ratings and find games to compare to when basing a score. And the best comparison I can find is Final Fantasy XIII. Lots of grinding with minimal comabt challenges.

Challenge trophies are replaced with extreme grinding ones for Rainbow Moon, but it takes a long time to do it (obviously, at least 100 hours). So, it's going to take some commitment to earn the platinum, which is the poor-man's version of skill. But what RPG can't be conquered with excessive power leveling?

However, I find FFXIII to be harder than this, and since FFXIII got a 6.5 average I'd drop this down to 5.5-6. It's not much of a drop cause FFXIII does not take nearly as long to platinum.

I'm at about 82 hours in, level 256, with 81% trophies at this point. I'm rating it 4/10, as it hasn't been very hard, just very time consuming. The trophies I got left shouldn't be hard, just take some additional time (Level 500, 100 hours, well discover and that obscure Skilled trophy I haven't figured out when I'll get) There have been a few bumps in the road, but with some additional time grinding and maxing equipment takes care of it.

Going with a 4 on this one.

Started on Hard with no DLC, and didn't really have any problems. If a boss or something is giving you trouble one thing that is usually effective on them is to try and hit them with a status condition (Bound >_>) to make them harmless, at least during the main story.

A good chunk of the trophies are story related, and the rest of pretty self explanatory (do x so many times, visit this location, reach this level, etc.) and easily doable. You level up really fast against post game mobs, and money is much easier to get the further you get in post game.

And to top it off, nothing in the game is missable. Should have my plat soon, just missing the 100 hour trophy (even after playing a lot today, I still need like 10 hours...).

In a nutshell, easy to do, just a bit time consuming. Even easier for those who blow money on DLC.

I'd go with a 5 on this one. Pretty solid list of trophies. None are extremely challenging, but some do require huge comitment. The game is great in almost every aspect though, as it's really fun to play. You'll play through this without even really going for the trophies as the game literally drags you into it's own world so you HAVE to just enjoy it. ;P