Quantum Theory - Watcher Collectible Guide

yewjhin

Introduction

This is a guide to uncovering all 50 of those sneaky little green watchers that are spread throughout the story. After destroying a watcher, you MUST progress far enough to a checkpoint to have the game save your progress or it won't be recorded.

Video Guide by KingSuperOne

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuqC39Z2T4c]Quantum Theory - Watcher Locations[/ame]

Collectible Guide

Scene 1 - The Fallen World

#1 - After a scene where a building collapses you enter an alley and its high up on the left.

#2 - After the story scene elaborating more about the tower, turn right, above the debris

#3 - Across the bridge where the enemies are on the far side after #2

#4 – In the underground area when you encounter enemies, look to the fenced area on the left

#5 - As you come out from the underground tunnel into an open area with enemies, immediately turn left

#6 - After the previous area, you'll come to a narrow alley, walk forwards abit and look upwards to the left, it's slightly hidden. This is just before you jump over an obstacle that has an ammo box behind it. Your allies will be chatting on coms and the door to the next area collapses.

#7 - After coming out of the alley, you reach a wide open area with lots of Brutes and soldiers, the Watcher is on top of the bridge to the left.

Scene 2 - The Root of the Tower

#8 – From where you start, look to the right for a grey pillar. The watcher is behind it.

#9 - In the second area with the beam-shooting things, theres a watcher high up to the right of the beam-thing on the that side.

Scene 3 - Inflorescence

#10 - This one is located high up on the right, above the golden bar thing.

#11 – In the corridor with the snipers, after you’ve killed them, there will be a cutscene showing a Security Crystal Core. To the right of the stairs you’ll find a path that leads to an area at the back and #11.

#12 - In the room where you encounter the girl that looks like Nyx, goto the highest floor via the stairs on the right and its above from where you entered the room.

#13 – In the room with the turret, there’s a passage that goes underneath the turret. The Watcher is in there.

Scene 4 – Lumenosynthetic Reactor 1

#14 - In the first room you’re in go up the small steps on the right then immediately turn around. The watcher is near the top of second pillar on your right.

#15 - After destroying the reactor, you get to a part where you are asked to dash across the bridge (the most annoying part of the game). The Watcher is above Filena on the other side of the bridge, shoot it before you cross because the chapter ends once you’ve done so (after dying a lot and being frustrated with the controls I bet).

Scene 5 – Abdomen

#16 – After learning about combo attacks, there’s a big hole in the wall on the right, the Watcher is in there.

#17 – In the room where the diablosis transforms some of the guards, stand in the middle facing the twin stairs with a thick pillar in the middle. There are several thinner pillars surrounding you, look up and to the right and you’ll spot the watcher near one of the pillars.

Scene 6 – Trachea

#18 – At the beginning, you will pass two shooting turrets while riding the Granula. Right before the third turret, there’s a straight pipe on the right that bends upwards then downwards again, the Watcher is underneath the bend.

#19 - When you encounter the 2nd group of soldiers while flying upside down, pay attention to the right corner of the platform their standing on and you'll see it.

#20 – Before you encounter the third group of enemies look to the wall on the far left side. You should see a cut out section and a big pipe. The watcher is on the bottom left corner of this section. Use a rocket launcher if you’re having problems.

#21 – Very tricky one, when you’re done blasting all the enemies in the big open area, you will then enter another passage. You will need to shoot a colored glass pane to proceed and right after that you will turn roght and see the green watcher in your sights. Its gonna take several tries to nail it down but you can pause and retry as much as you need.

#22 – After the 3rd checkpoint where you get off the Granula and eliminate enemies on a falling section, before jumping back onto another Granula, turn towards where you started from and the Watcher is underneath.

Scene 7 – Thorax

#23 – You start in a tall room and as you move into a cave, it’s immediately on your left.

#24 – This one is in an alcove to the right when you encounter a big giant Gillskin (Chariot).

Scene 8 – Alveolar Alembic

#25 - Starting in the second room with all the plants, go to the far left side and look along the left wall/window where you can see the first room you were in. You should be able to see the watcher around this spot.

#26 – In the area where you need to destroy 3 Security Cores, keep taking the left path and after you pass the 3rd green crystal on your left, look on your left wall just before you go up a small slope.

#27 – In the same area as #26, look behind the trees in the far left corner behind the 3rd Security Core.

#28 – Very hard to spot and easy to miss. This is in the area with the large tree, refer to this photo and look up at the gap where the arrow is pointing. Look for something hovering up and down very slightly. Xbox360Achievements.org

Scene 9 – Lumenosynthetic Reacot 2

#29 – Starting area, go up the left stairs, and head into the leftmost passage, its straight ahead.

#30 – After clearing the previous area and going past the exit door, turn right immediately.

Edited by yewjhin

Scene 0-1

#31 – You’ll find this one above the frontend of the red traincar.

#32 – You’ll come across a split in the train tracks, then start on the catwalks in a new room. The watcher is floating in midair to your left as you enter.

#33 – In the next area where you are asked to "take the lead", to your left are some burning debris and a traincar. Look inside the traincar for it.

Scene 0-2 – The Womb

#34 – You can find this in the area where you first engage the enemies.

#35 – When you’ve cleared the area, move forwards but keep an eye on the watcher hidden in an alcove to your right.

#36 – In the area where you’re ambushed and your other two allies are on top covering you, look above where they are and you’ll see it.

#37 – When you come to the scene where you fall off a collapasing bridge and are surrounded by spiders, look straight up and its in midair, near the cracks where sunlight is shining in.

#38 – This one is tricky. After escaping from the spider things, you will again come to a split. Take the left path to another split, take either path and pay attention to the wall in the middle (i.e if you went left, look at the wall on your right and vice versa), go forward just abit while paying attention for a small gap in the wall linking both paths which is where the Watcher lies.

#39 – Finally you’ll emerge at the bottom of a huge pit. Look downwards towards the deep abyss and you’ll spot Watcher #39.

Scene 10 – Pharyngeal Carcinoma

#40 – In the room where you fight Thanatos, I think this is behind where you start. Sorry all the dodging around messed up my sense of direction.

#41 – When you come to the big transforming room with lots of moving pillars and where you need to defeat 5 groups of enemies to proceed, this Watcher is immediately above where you start.

#42 – After the cutscene with the Dreadnought running off, you will enter a massive cavern. Onwards abit and you’ll jump onto a pillar which immediately sinks and two brutes appear out of nowhere. The Watcher is behind the brutes in a gap of the wall of the next pillar. This is very tricky what with two brutes (on Hard mode) rushing you in a small contained area and giving you very limited time to nail it before it goes out of sight.

#43 – After riding two granulas and climbing upside down, after you get off the ceiling and land, immediately go the ledge outside and look downwards to your right, you should be able to spot it. This is BEFORE you leave the chamber via the exit on the ceiling.

Scene 10-2 – Gynoecium

#44 – During the fight with the Dreadnought, look straight up in the middle and you’ll spot it.

Scene 11 – Clavicle

#45 – In the first area, there should be a sniper on the far side and when you are moving towards where he was you should spot an ammo box. When you finally reach where the ammo box is, look forward towards where you started the level and a dome with blue roof is to your left. Above the dome you should be able to spot the green glow of the Watcher.

#46 – After shimmying and you get off. Turn around facing the wall and look upwards to see #46.

#47 – After more shimmying, you’ll reach a checkpoint and one of those Crystal Security Cores. The Watcher is behind it.

#48 – Move forward abit and you’ll fall down and will be facing a Rocket Brute and two Nosferatu soldiers. To the left of his platform you’ll find the Watcher floating in mid-air.

Scene 12 – Cavitas Cranii/Diabolosis Soma

#49 – This is during third fight with Thanatos after he’s transformed into that big giant ugly black thing. Circle around him to the left and you should see the Watcher underneath the winding path that leads upwards.

Scene 13 – The Seed of Gnosis

#50 – This is inside one of the crystals that hold the embryonic maidens (Filena clones). It’s very near to the Core in the middle.

Edited by yewjhin

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Scene 8 – Alveolar Alembic

#25 - Starting in the second room with all the plants, go to the far left side and look along the left wall/window where you can see the first room you were in. You should be able to see the watcher around this spot.

Where exactly is the watcher? I searched the room before the open area with the security crystals. In the left part with the four huge trees ... But i dont see it? Can someone help me out?

thanks for the guide, any tip on how to shoot #18?!

you can either use your rocket launcher to nail it or your vemon gun they should give you a better chance of hitting it just remember when the part is coming up and start aiming in that direction

Edited by OneChance

scene 8 – alveolar alembic

#25 - starting in the second room with all the plants, go to the far left side and look along the left wall/window where you can see the first room you were in. You should be able to see the watcher around this spot.

Where exactly is the watcher? I searched the room before the open area with the security crystals. In the left part with the four huge trees ... But i dont see it? Can someone help me out?

i cant remember exactly where its at but go along the walls and look through the walls where you can see another room but you cant pass the wall. Just keeping looking through the blocked off walls and you should see it past one of them

Edited by OneChance

okay ill try and help again. I cant spot it myself because ive already shot it. when scene 8 first starts you shoot a big enemy on the stairs infront of you. Now go straight infront of you is this big huge gate/fence with mirriors on it. This is what you are going to be looking through to spot the watcher. Clear out the room and now you follow filena to the second room a save point will pop up and so will enemies. Clear all the enemies first. Now filena will take off to the next area. Dont follow her look in her direction and turn around you should face the same gate as earlier if the wathcer is not through this gate go to your right where the 4 trees are that you were talking about and look through that gate. The watcher should be floating at the top of the room on the opposite side of gate you are looking through.

also double check to see if you havent already shot the watcher by accident you can view this in your pause menu under the watcher seletionit will list the ones you have shot. If you still cant find it in the second area try looKing through the same gates at the start of the scene. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

ok i found #25 after like 2 hrs of searching... the way i found it is similar... but way off... in the first room, go up the stairs and go left. fight ur way to the door/window thing as mentioned by everyone else. (make sure its not the one right at the top of the stairs, its the one way to the left) now look through it at Syd's eye level. NOT up at the ceiling. its right in Syd's face on the other side, just shimmy left/right until u see it. thats how i found it anyway.... but for some reason when i went to the other side (in 2nd room looking back at the 1st room) it was never there? I dont get it at all but it could explain why u cant find it... hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

"#11 – In the corridor with the snipers, after you’ve killed them, there will be a cutscene showing a Security Crystal Core. To the right of the stairs you’ll find a path that leads to an area at the back and #11."

Yeah I beat the snipers, broke the core and found the stairs to the right, but the problem is that there's iron bers blocking the way. So is that the right way cause I'm lost?

#18 – At the beginning, you will pass two shooting turrets while riding the Granula. Right before the third turret, there's a straight pipe on the right that bends upwards then downwards again, the Watcher is underneath the bend.

Even after this explanation I still couldn't see it, is there a Youtube clip that shows the location?

#21 "Very tricky one." Is an understatement your bloody moving to fast to get a decent shot off at the bugger. Any tips?

#18 – At the beginning, you will pass two shooting turrets while riding the Granula. Right before the third turret, there's a straight pipe on the right that bends upwards then downwards again, the Watcher is underneath the bend.

Even after this explanation I still couldn't see it, is there a Youtube clip that shows the location?

#21 "Very tricky one." Is an understatement your bloody moving to fast to get a decent shot off at the bugger. Any tips?

For #18, before the 3rd set of turrets, the pipe on your right goes like this:

asdd_____

___/asXas\____

<---- You're moving from right to left

The upper pipe bends up then down, X is where the watcher is, in the space between the pipes.

Edited by yewjhin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...