Trophy Difficulty Rating

ShadowAFC

Rate the trophy difficulty  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/trophy_80.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.20

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by ShadowAFC

Won't vote yet but here is the deal. If you don't play chess 100% will be simply impossible. Sad but true.

If you playing a little, from time to time or sth will be impossible as well.

You have to play a lot, on the high tournament stage to get 100% legal and it will be 10/10.

Tho playing PS3 vs PC Chessmaster on the highest level will be only time consumming and dropping to just 3-5/10. Challenges can be tricky.

Won't vote yet but here is the deal. If you don't play chess 100% will be simply impossible. Sad but true.

If you playing a little, from time to time or sth will be impossible as well.

You have to play a lot, on the high tournament stage to get 100% legal and it will be 10/10.

Tho playing PS3 vs PC Chessmaster on the highest level will be only time consumming and dropping to just 3-5/10. Challenges can be tricky.

Indeed, it's time consuming but those challenges and offline tournaments are making it also very difficult... I dont think a lot of people will get the 100% :p

• 2 months later...

I've been wondering what tricks and stuff people have been coming up with. Long time chess player myself, I'm going to white knight it.

But, in all honesty, I think we're supposed to rate the game by how difficult the trophies are using all means at your disposal. So it probably needs to be rated lower. I'm going to reserve that decision until later.

• 1 month later...

4/10 After getting the 100% for both the PS3 and Vita versions of this game I can honestly say that I never want to play another game of chess again, ever... as long as I live. I spent WAY too much time on the game (about 50+ hours for each version of the game). Needless to say that I was quick to delete the game from my console's hard drive. Good riddance!

It's 2/10 by all means available (Grandmaster save glitch + PC software). It's not 1/10 just because there are (I suppose) some games which have as easy but less time consuming trophy sets.

Why am I being a complete whore about this one? I like chess but this is not the kind of title I wish to work with to become a better player. When I feel like playing chess I play Ubisoft's Chessmaster 11 on PC. I also use Fritz 8 to analyze my games.

So I almost finished it the easy way just for the trophies (some problems left), then I'll delete this game. I wish there was a better chess title on PS3 just like C11, I hope we'll see it in the nearest future. And if this great title has a platinum trophy set, I'm going for it 100% legit just for the fun of it! No whoring, I promise :ninja:

Updated

Looks like there's Fritz Chess for PS3, and a platinum, too... Let's see what's inside - after I get the box, which could take some time. If the game is respectable I'm platting it legit. I think I can keep my whoring at bay with other trophies.

Edited by Caturday

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I rated it 10. I know it becomes an 1/10 if you fuck it up with a chess bot but I always rate games the most legit way as it should be played and it can't be anything else than 10/10 this way. The tournament and the 5 step challenges are incredibly hard even if you're a good chess player.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

For PS4 version, my rating also seemed to be stuck at 100, but it got 'unstuck' after I had won a beginners tournament (or maybe even during it, wasn't paying attention). So both PS3/PS4 sets are very easy with corresponding glitches and an advanced engine like Fritz 8 (home PC version, 40 minutes per 40 moves is enough to win every time).

• 4 weeks later...

This is a tough one to rate...because even if you don't have any chess skills...you can use Der Bringer to solve much of the game.

I have moderate chess skills so I did pretty well getting most of the trophies. I really enjoyed solving the chess problems. For the Grandmaster rating...not sure how high I got but I got to a point where I just couldn't beat the AI. So I started forcing Draws and that worked pretty well...for a time. I had to use Der Bringer for like the last dozen games or so to get the GM trophy. Looking at the guide...I should've done what was suggested and save a game one move from mate and reload...that would've saved me a handful of hours.

I'm going with a 7...would've been a little lower if I had used the save a game move from the guide.

• 8 years later...

1/10

While this obviously has the potential to be much, much harder if you try doing it legitimately, the fact that a chess AI can basically trivialize the entire game makes this incredibly easy, and considering the game has a few ultra rare trophies to its name on every stack, there's reason to believe that someone who doesn't care about chess at all would still go for the 100% even now in the age of EZPZ plats everywhere (case in point, me :p).