UFC Prediction League 2 - 2013/2014

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2360/g21.png

This is the second edition of the UFC Prediction league run by JMeeks1875 and I, there was a fair bit of interest in last season and it was very successful, so we're back for season 2 :). This league will run from August 2013 (Henderson v Pettis) for 8-10 months, there is no definite finishing date yet. Sign ups are from now until August 30th which is a day before the first event. After that there will be no more sign ups till season 3. Here is the link to the thread for season 1 if you need any more persuasion: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ps3t-fantasy-sports-leagues/173313-ufc-prediction-league-1-a.html

If you wish to take part in this event, sign up to the site, by clicking here: Join the site!

Simply post below saying that you are interested and we'll sign you up.

Rules

• You have to have at least 50 posts to take part. This isn't discriminating against new members but as you can imagine a lot of new members sign up and then rarely use the forum.
  • No Editing posts, if you wish to change your prediction then quote your original post and then say what you would like to change.
  • Please try to post your predictions in red, this makes it easier to spot posts while skimming through the thread. Their will ALWAYS be a prediction template for every event in this threads second post.
  • Copy and paste the fight card posted below by JMeeks1875, then put your winner in red & bold, this makes the scores way easier to add up.
  • If there are any errors in adding up scores or whatever, then just PM either myself or JMeeks to get it sorted straight away - ALWAYS double check your scores, mistakes are quite rare but do happen.
  • Any cheating will result in a ban from participating.
  • Have fun and jokes about predictions :p, but not flaming other participants or action will be taken.

Last of all: With the prediction league being new please be patient with us, All input and feedback is welcomed, We would love to hear any ideas on how it can be more enjoyable for us all.

Thanks for your time and we hope you join and find it a good time :)

Sign ups close on August 30th at 8pm UK time so I have time to update everything. Predictions must be in the 8pm UK time on the night of the event, every event, this rule is for US events only, times are subject to change depending on which country they are in.

Last seasons leaderboard is in the spoiler below: [spoiler=ufctable]

(G)1. dlm1988 - 269 (+27)

(S)2. robertevansdj - 213 (+27)

(S)2. hamza305 - 213 (+18)

(B)3. Pennywise247 - 212 (+10)

4. C-IRVINE-94 - 211 (+20)

5. BigDrama25 - 199 (+17)

6. JMeeks1875 - 178 (+25)

7. SlammaJamma28 - 176 (+14)

8. Bic80 - 165 (+14)

9. ClungePumper - 165 (+0)

10. Captain_Speirs - 146 (+15)

11. OnceFallen - 137 (+0)

12. Mendel - 103 (+10)

13. MyLastFirstBorn - 51 (+0)

14. TheRealClayman - 17 (+0)

Edited by C-IRVINE-94

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be using the main fight card for every major UFC event over the course of the year, With points available for predicting the winners, How the fight ends and the chosen bonus of the night. We will also have certain exceptions for other exciting bouts eg. Bellator title fights & TUF Finale's.

Below you find a breakdown of the scoring sytem, How to post your predictions & examples of how the predictions should look.

The Scoring System Explained

• We will use the fight cards for every major UFC event, Unlike last season, This season will feature the entire card including prelims.
  • We may add bonus bouts through the season from other popular promotions, But only if it coincides with a UFC fight cards date.
  • Each bout is worth a maximum of 3 points (excluding bonuses)
  • Each bout is broken down to 1. Winner, 2. Method of Finish 3. A bonus point for getting both correct
  • Abbreviations will be used for the type of fight ending : KO (Knockout/tko), SUB (Submission), DEC (Decision)
  • As there is many different ways a bout can end, KO will cover all fight endings, Eg Strikes, Bad Cuts, Technical knock outs, Doctor Stoppage ect
  • Bonus points (2) can be earned by correctly predicting the events chosen bonus of the night which we will rotate and announce per card, eg Fight of The Night.
  • You can select that the chosen bonus of the night will not be awarded to anyone on the fight card eg: No submission bonus, If correct you will earn the same bonus points (2).
  • BOOST: You must mark the bout you wish to boost, If you are correct you will score double points on the chosen bout, However if you get any of it wrong you gain nothing and suffer a -2 points penalty. Event bonus (kotn,sotn,fotn) is separate and will not effect your chosen boost.
  • Any "No Contest" fights will result in that bouts scoring being ignored, If that fight is 'Boosted' then that too is void.
  • In the off chance that a fight ends in a draw, It will be treated the same as any other prediction, Boosts will be treated as normal.
  • The current events results will be posted and remain in place until the next event has been completed
  • Predictions must be entered by 20:00 GMT on the day of the event. (This is subject to change depending on the card start time and if one of the league founders is here to close it later, Watch the thread for more information.)
  • There will be a cut off post in the prediction thread prior to each event start, Any predictions made after this will be void.
  • Please use the official UFC site to check your time zone for each event and any up to date fight card announcements.

Example Fight Card

UFC 1337

Event Bonus : Fight of The Night (**FOTN**)

Chuck Liddell Vs Tito Ortiz

Tank Abbott Vs Royce Gracie

Rich Franklyn Vs Randy Couture

Rampage Jackson Vs Josh Koshcheck

Matt Hughes Vs Jens Pulver

Example Prediction Entry

UFC 1337

Chuck Liddell Vs Tito Ortiz - KO *BOOST*

Tank Abbott Vs Royce Gracie - SUB

Rich Franklyn Vs Randy Couture - DES

Rampage Jackson Vs Josh Koshcheck - KO *FOTN*

Matt Hughes Vs Jens Pulver - DEC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**AND IT'S ALL OVER! SEASON 2 HAS FINISHED, SEASON 3 WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON**

http://www.uofcombat.com/wp-content/uploads/joeroganseyeroll1.JPG.jpeg

http://imageshack.us/a/img443/1579/ufcgraphic.png

Edited by JMeeks
Adding final two cards of the season :o

Leaderboard

UPDATED AFTER - UFC Fight Night: Munoz v Mousasi + TUF Brazil Finale

1. (G) - dlm1988 - 486 (+27)
  2. (S) - OnceFallen - 481 (+39)
  3. (B) - JMeeks1875 - 478 (+34)
  4. Pennywise247 - 473 (+28)
  5. Mendel - 467 (+34)
  6. Darth_Krid - 450 (+29)
  7. BigDrama25 - 442 (+32)
  8. robertevansdj - 436 (+16)
  9. C-IRVINE-94 - 409 (+18)
  10. Bic80 - 402 (+19)
  11. cbchaos67 - 331 (+20)
  12. Raichu - 304 (+0)
  13. Hamza305 - 297 (+0)
  14. PainOfDemise - 207 (+0)
  15. AbuRiyam - 171 (+0)
  16. Drummersc007 - 73 (+0)
  17. Slamma - 39 (+0)
  18. Stnkfist - 28 (+0)
  19. Roberto - 14 (+0)

Edited by C-IRVINE-94
Final Update

http://imageshack.us/a/img600/280/resultshp.jpg

UFC BERLIN RESULTS

Gegard Mousasi V Mark Munoz - SUB

C.B Dollaway V Francis Carmont - DEC

Sean Strickland V Luke Barnatt - DEC

Niklas Backstrom V Tom Niinimaki - SUB

Nick Hein V Drew Dober - DEC

Magnus Cedenblad V Krysztof Jotko - SUB

Luri Alcantara V Vaughan Lee - KO

Peter Sobotta V Pawel Pawlak - DEC

Maximo Blanco V Andy Ogle - DEC

Ruslan Magomedov V Viktor Pesta - DEC

Fight of The Night *FOTN*

None Awarded

Performance of The Night *POTN*

Magnus Cedenblad, Niklas Backstrom, C.B Dolloway & Gegard Mousasi

UFC TUF BRAZIL 3 FINALE RESULTS

Stipe Miocic V Fabio Maldonado - KO

Antonio Carlos Junior V Vitor Miranda - DEC

Warlley Alves V Marcio Alexandre - SUB

Demian Maia V Alexander Yakovlev - DEC

Robbie Peralta V Rony Jason - DEC

Rashid Magomedov V Rodrigo Damm - DEC

Elias Silverio V Ernest Chavez - SUB

Gasan Umalatov V Paulo Thiago - DEC

Kevin Souza V Mark Eddiva - KO

Ricardo Abreu V Wagner Silva - SUB

Marcos Rogerio de Lima V Richardson Moreira - KO

Pedro Munhoz V Matt Hobar - KO

Fight of The Night *FOTN*

Kevin Souza vs. Mark Eddiva

Performance of The Night *POTN*

Warlley Alves & Stipe Miocic

http://imageshack.us/a/img440/8481/eventsb.jpg

All finished, Season 3 will be announced soon, Message myself or C-Irvine for more information

Important Edits & Changes

• Fri 14th Feb 2014 - Bonus system changed to accommodate the UFC removal of Submission & Knockout of the night bonuses. All cards for the remainder of season 2 will be 'Fight of the Night'
  • Tue 30th July 2013 - Season 2 will offer full fight cards from here on in
  • Tue 30th July 2013 - Season 2 opened for sign ups
  • Mon 17th Dec 2012 - Boost added to the prediction league, Goes live for UFC 155.
  • Wed 12th Dec 2012 - Adding new feature to the prediction league: Boost. More info to follow.
  • Sun 14th Oct 2012 - Will be adding one chosen prelim bout per card for predictions, Starting UFC On Fuel 6 (Macao) Nov 10th 2012
  • Wed 26th Sept 2012 - Edited the points system to include the type of bout finish in the place of correct round prediction.
  • Wed 26th Sept 2012 - Added the upcoming events list.
Edited by JMeeks
UFC Berlin & TUF Brazil Finale 3 Results

No idea what sort of beating I'm letting myself in for, but look forward to joining in with you guys!

Darth_Krid

Thank you Bandits :hug:

Great to have you aboard mate! Thanks for joining :D

If any of our past participants don't post here saying that they want to join (or not join) then I'll send out a PM to all of them a week or so before the competition starts incase they haven't seen this :)

Woo :D

Glad you're back Slamma, we would've missed you and your crazy predictions :francis:

HEY. They aren't crazy. They're guaranteed to probably not be right.

Let's have a competition between who can get the most points: Me in this League vs. You in the WWE League.

The battle of the after-show Googlers :francis:

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

:francis:

It's fair to say I know very little about UFC but I'll join nonetheless as it's a sport I'm really getting into at the moment :)

Glad you joined mate :). Its a really good sport to watch, I started 3/4 years ago now and I've watched nearly every card since, because its usually on at 3am UK time and I fall asleep sometimes (like last weekend :p)

Sign me up please. Hopefully I remember to make my predictions this time

Sign me up!

Let's add one more to that.

Sign me up Scotty.

Can't have a comp without the defending champ :cool:

Sign me up mate :p

You know I'm in. Gotta see if I can continue the strong effort I was on at the end of last season.

:welcome: aboard guys :) Good to see previous season members returning and some new blood.

Can't have a comp without the defending champ :cool:

Sign me up mate :p

You know I'm in. Gotta see if I can continue the strong effort I was on at the end of last season.

Sign me up please. Hopefully I remember to make my predictions this time

Welcome back guys! We'll try to make sure we send out PMs as a reminder a few times before each deadline for those that haven't predicted. Would that be useful :)?

Sign me up!

Let's add one more to that.

Sign me up Scotty.

Welcome aboard lads, glad to have you!