PS3 not auto delteing installation bubble files

ConvStation

It might be a bug due to 4.00, lots of people are having problems with it, myself included, I can't even play on my ps3 without it getting this massive slow down during games and movies and random freezing.

Sometimes I can play a game for 3 hours and others it does it right away. I JUST WANT IT WORKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! *goes to cry in a corner*

This must have happened since 4.0 , after installing a game the install files ( bubble icon ) remains there. mighty annoying , is there an option somewhere to make it delete itself like before?

I noticed this lastnight.

I had a few downloads that had been there for a while that had't been installed... I was like :confused: did I download this multiple times :confused:

Just deleted them manually in the end.

Hopefully they change it back to how it was.................. :|

It only seems to happen to me with files I've already downloaded previously. I redownloaded Final Fantasy VIII and IX and both the bubbles stayed after installing. Yet when I bought Voltron: Defender of the Universe, it disappeared when it installed. You can just delete them manually though, there's no repercussions.

it's because of the PS Vita guys. Any game that can be placed on both PSP and PS Vita will not auto delete after installation on PS3. The reason being is so that you can copy the game to both handhelds before deleting. Because imagine if you download Final Fantasy VII and copy it to your PSP and you wanted to copy it to your Vita too, but it deleted the installation bubble. well then you'd have to redownload it all over again. This saves people from having to do that.

it's because of the PS Vita guys. Any game that can be placed on both PSP and PS Vita will not auto delete after installation on PS3. The reason being is so that you can copy the game to both handhelds before deleting. Because imagine if you download Final Fantasy VII and copy it to your PSP and you wanted to copy it to your Vita too, but it deleted the installation bubble. well then you'd have to redownload it all over again. This saves people from having to do that.

That make sense but they should just do it for the titles that are compatible with the Vita. Although ive not had this yet... I installed the RAGE + James Bond demo and never got left with another bubble. So is it just PSN games?

I've been reading about this and it sounds super annoying! The only actual bug I've got it is slight menu lag when I go to backup my saves :think:. I hope all these problems get fixed with the 4.01 update and I really hope they give us an option to disable that stupid startup warning :mad:!

Also can the symbols like the £ sign return? Who at Sony thought it would be a good idea to remove them? :mad: Its all Sony are good at these days is removing things. This update was bollocks!

Yeah annoying as hell i didnt know what was wrong at first so deleted the game and reinstalled and still was there. so i went over to it pressed :triangle: and i deleted it manually.

It does make sense for it to stay so that it can be transferred over to the PS Vita but this should only happen for whatever downloads support it on the Vita not all of them.

be careful, some people have been saying that the firmware update also has been bricking consoles.

I'm still playing my PS3 even tho it could brick it, but I'm going to get a new slim model with move bundle when the boxing day sales come up. The everybody Dance bundle is only 299.99 up here, and sometimes the sales are around 100 dollars off and for bestbuy I have over 50 dollars worth of points saved up, so I'm going to use it on that even if the sale is only 50 dollars.

so even if it's only 200 dollars, thats an excellent price for a new console and move. I could even sell the Move stuff to someone to get it even cheaper :)

There are a number of bugs that came with the 4.00 update.

My console is freezing momentarily, kicking me offline everytime I start playing a game (Having to manually sign in just to get signed off 5 minutes late) and a host of other problems.

Sony needs to know they screwed up and need to fix this ASAP.

ive had the kicking offline for about a year now. thats happened to me here and there. nothing new there. as for the update. i havent ran into any problems. hopefully im lucky and dont get any ;)

I've been reading about this and it sounds super annoying! The only actual bug I've got it is slight menu lag when I go to backup my saves :think:. I hope all these problems get fixed with the 4.01 update and I really hope they give us an option to disable that stupid startup warning :mad:!

Sony dont give, they take :(

I've had 2 random corrupted files pop up after installing 4.00, did this happen to anyone else? I didnt turn my ps3 off during a download/install and it has never frozen for the past few months

• 2 weeks later...

Ah! Glad I found this thread. I took advantage of the Minis Pick & Mix deal that's on right now, and when I installed it didn't delete the installers. I figured it'd be down to the latest firmware update, but now I know why - thanks for the explanation! ;)

I'm getting the same glitch, I think they'll fix it soon.

It's not a glitch - try reading the thread before posting in it! :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

I haven't seen anyone answer this properly yet, so I'll put in my two cents. This bubble staying on the screen happens for PSone, Minis AND PSP games. This is highly annoying and unecessary.

The reason they do this is some kind of change in the way you are allowed to copy games to your other devices. In particular let's take an examples from PSP transferring.

Now when I download Metal Gear Solid for PSone it leaves the bubble on the main game screen. Previously it simply went into the PSone games folder. The difference now is that you can't copy PSone games directly to your PSP anymore. You need to do it from the bubble icon. So if you delete the bubble icon, you are SOL unless you can find the purchase in your huge PSN download list and re-download it (which also comes with restrictions)

Similarly, it doesn't appear like you can store PSP games on your PS3 anymore! I downloaded megaman X mav hunter and it didn't go into the PSP folder like it used to. I can copy to my PSP from the bubble but it wont store on the HD. So when my memory card dies or is lost I have to redownload the game from PSN (again with hassles and restrictions).

This is really dumb as the system used to allow a copy feature within the PSone and PSP folders. The new system is not necessary for the preparation of VITA because you previously could copy games directly from their respective folders. Why the need to copy from the bubble file only is beyond me. I am not a fan of this new system at all.

Edited by dancingmind