PixelJunk Racers: 2nd Lap

Gold Cup Guide

Jin_man

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/03.jpgGolden Glory (B)

Collect twenty or more gold cups in Solo Tournament.

This is a guide to collecting 20/24 of the gold cups. By doing this you will earn Golden Glory. This guide is laid out by each type of race. The bracket beside the title of each mission shows how many there are. This guide is still in progress. There are still 4 more missions to do which i haven't done yet.

In The Zone (2)

Gold Req: Destroy all Cars

How To: To get Gold its very simple. Just stay behind each of your opponent's cars in the glowing circle. If you stay in there circle for about 2-4 seconds the car will blow up.

Combo Racers (2)

Gold Req: Pass 1st in an amount of time

How To: This one can be a little harder. Only tip I that can help is not to hit other cars because by doing this your speed will go back to 0.

Speed Monkey (3)

Gold Req: Pass 80 cars in a row

How To: Passing 80 cars can be easy, just take your time. Once you have passed 20 cars let go of :r2:. Look ahead of your car to see where openings are.

Fireball Frenzy (2)

Gold Req: Finish 5 laps in a set amount of time

How To: To finish 5 laps in the set amount of time you will need to pass a set amount of cars. Once you become a fireball you can go through the other cars. Just stay close to the corners and you will get the gold cup.

Rival Racers (1)

Gold Req: Place 1st at the end of the race

How To: Just place 1st. Just don't hit other cars or else your speed goes down to 0.

Sunday Drivers (2)

Gold Req: Pass 120 cars

How To: This is the same as Speed Monkey just that the cars are slower

Death Race (1)

Gold Req: Destroy a set number of cars

How To: You will need to destroy an amount of cars. Here are some tips from my guide. (Guide Here)

Tips:

-Don't go to fast or else you will miss to many cars

-Don't go to slow or else you won't have enough time to destroy all cars

-If you see a group of cars, try to destroy all or most of them before moving onto the next group of cars

Balloon Burst (1)

Gold Req: Score 7500 points

How To: This probably will be the easiest missions to do. Firstly get as much air as you can get into your car then let go of :r2:. Just use the D-Pad to avoid the other cars. There aren't too many cars to avoid making this very easy.

Hot Pursuit (2)

Gold Req: Score 200 points

How To: To get points you will need to crash into the rival car which is black. You get 10 points each time you hit the rival car. At the start just try to get to the rival car as fast as you can. Then keep hitting it from behind or the side.

Hot Rods (1)

Gold Req: Place 1st at the end of the race

How To: These are tips from my guide. (Guide Here)

Tips:

-At the beginning of the race you start last.

-If a car is black then you are ahead of it

-If a car is white then you are behind it

Sudden Death (2)

Gold Req: Pass an amount of missiles

How To: This one is like like Speed Monkey but with missiles. But if you get hit by a missile you will lose.

Buddy Race (1)

Gold Req: Finish 5 laps in a set amount of time

How To: This one is easy. You will need to finish 5 laps. But to finish in the set amount of time you will need to be as close to your "buddy" which is the black car. The closer you are to it, the faster you go.

The Munchies (2)

Gold Req: Survive for a set amount of time

How To: You will need to stay alive for a set amount of time. To do this you will need to absorb/eat the other cars by crashing into them. Each time you do this you get a boost of speed. If you don't do this then you will slow down and blow up.

Student Drivers (1)

Gold Req: Pass a set amount of cars

How To: This one is exactly like Sunday Drivers but the other cars want to kill you. They will try to drive in front of you. Just try to avoid them to earn a gold cup.

Bipolar or Bust! (2)

Gold Req: Absorb a set amount of cars

How To: You will need to absorb a set amount of cars which are white or black. If you hold down :r2:/:l2: you can only consume white cars and if you aren't holding :r2/:l2: then you can consume black cars.

Escape Master (2)

Gold Req: Survive for a set amount of time

How To: You will need to dodge the blue flaming cars. I suggest you stay on the side and hold :r2:. While holding :r2:, look behind your car and if you see a car in your lane just move to the lane beside you and let him pass you

Edited by Savenger
Image Insert

• 3 months later...

I'm going to be honest, this is a terrible guide. All you do is explain what the game intends you to do. Why not actually put some strategy into it? Like pressing the pause button when you think you may crash to change lanes? Thats what I did for Escape turbo's gold since I had a hard time getting a 20th gold. Tell people how you got yours.