silent but deadly trophy guide

With this guide I'll try to help you getting "silent but deadly" and "immortal" trophy simultaneously :

First of all you have to go to the final battle with all of your items at full and with all of your supporting characters fully charged up.

Keep in mind that is very helpfull to use your summons when you have to wait a little time until your next attack, in order to minimise as final boss attacks as possible.

Final boss has 3 different forms.

I beat this battle only with normal attacks and items, I didn't use team attacks.

FIRST FORM:

As soon as you begin the battle, with the character which won the dice roll, use the item with the "speed down" effect on the boss and a little bit later use 3 "speed up" on each of your characters.

Keep attacking until he falls down, and don't forget to use all of your summons.

Try to block all of his attacks and especially the one with the status effect, it is VERY important to avoid this one. If you don't, start over.

If the "speed down" effect on him goes away, cast it again.

SECOND FORM:

As soon as you are able to make your first move, use IMMEDIATELY "attack down" on boss and then use 3 "attack up" on each of your characters.

Keep attacking until he falls down, but this time be aware to cast your next "attack down" when the first one goes away.You will do that 3 times.

Try to block all of his attacks.

THIRD FORM:

Continue attacking and wait until "attack down" on him goes away, and then cast "defend down" on him.Then with the first character which his "attack up" went away, start using your dynamites and the other explosive things on him.Follow with the other two when their "attack ups" go away, until then keep attacking.

When your explosives finish, attack with one of your summons (it should be charged up again), to buy some time.

Now the boss energy should be less than 10000.

Cast "speed down" on him and 3 "defense up" on each of your characters.

Keep attacking and blocking his attacks.

If his attack with "defense down" effect pass on one of your characters, cast on him "defense up".

When the effect on boss goes away cast again "speed down" or "attack down" on him.

Do not forget your summons to buy time.

You can use the rest of your items to power up your characters but I believe that you should have finished the battle until now.

This one is my first guide I write and I hope to find it understandable and helpfully.Sorry for any language mistakes.

Thank you for reading.

With this guide I'll try to help you getting "silent but deadly" and "immortal" trophy simultaneously :

First of all you have to go to the final battle with all of your items at full and with all of your supporting characters fully charged up.

Keep in mind that is very helpfull to use your summons when you have to wait a little time until your next attack, in order to minimise as final boss attacks as possible.

I beat this battle only with normal attacks and items, I didn't use team attacks.

FIRST FORM:

As soon as you begin the battle, with the character which won the dice roll, use the item with the "speed down" effect on the boss and a little bit later use 3 "speed up" on each of your characters.

Keep attacking until he falls down, and don't forget to use all of your summons.

Try to block all of his attacks and especially the one with the status effect, it is VERY important to avoid this one. If you don't, start over.

SECOND FORM:

As soon as you are able to make your first move, use IMMEDIATELY "attack down" on boss and then use 3 "attack up" on each of your characters.

Keep attacking until he falls down, but this time be aware to cast your next "attack down" when the first one goes away.You will do that 3 times.

THIRD FORM:

Continue attacking and wait until "attack down" on him goes away, and then cast "defend down" on him.Then with the first character which his "attack up" went away, start using your dynamites and the other explosive things on him.Follow with the other two when their "attack ups" go away, until then keep attacking.

When your explosives finish, attack with one of your summons (it should be charged up again), to buy some time.

If his attack with "defense down" effect pass on one of your characters, cast on him "defense up".

When the effect on boss goes away cast again "speed down" or "attack down" on him.

You can use the rest of your items to power up your characters but I believe that you should have finished the battle until now.

This one is my first guide I write and I hope to find it understandable and helpfully.Sorry for any language mistakes.

Thank you for reading.

thanks man, it was helpfull. I now have 100%

• 3 weeks later...

at 10000 he locks on and only targets one person of mine for the rest of the fight. i keep having 1 guy die in the 5-10,000 range. it sucks but ill get it soon.

p.s. how do you 'charge up' and get overkill bonuses? blocking to get hit combos? highest ive got was 20. all my overkills are at 1 or 2

edit: yaaargggg. just got him to 500 before having someone die again, 3 times in a row! the last time i only got hit by one hush partial block in the first mode, none in the 2nd mode, but he locked onto one target again and i couldnt kill him fast enough, and my summons dont pop up except the cat een though i use em quickly in the first round. wish they were a tad bit faster loading. im sure ill get it soon, but its starting to tick me off how i can do so well in the first 2 rounds but fail badly in the last one with decent blocking.

Edited by DOJERfiend

Okay i just beat him. I couldnt do it your way i guess. but its similar. here is how i did it

PHASE ONE:

Win the roll, and speed up gabe, and your char, and attack up tyco. (i think i got that right. speed on the melee guy, attack up on the gunner)

the first move he does is attack up and he only does it once. get as many of your self buffs up before he gets his attack up off, and as soon as he does that, use speed down on him immediately. from there, just straight up melee him with normal attacks. DO NOT USE SUMMONS. If done correctly with good blocking, you should be out of here with all your chars still in the green. if you dont block the attack where it lowers your defense to 0, then start over, or if you are confident in your blocking, keep going and block the rest of his attacks for the round and you should still be okay. but if you get hit its time to start over.

PHASE 2:

so his legs are gone now, so he has 2 new attacks. the jab is really easy to block. the other one is harder because it comes quick

(sorry posting from a ps3 so character limit)

but you should still be able to block this fairly easy. i use attack down on him, so even if i do miss a block, he only hits for 0-20 damage usually. you can straight melee him down again, just work on the blocks. he doesnt do much damage if you have him attack downed. should be a piece of cake, as i find this phase to be by far the easiest of the 3. save your summons again.

PHASE 3:

The head. as i said before, save the summons for this, because the way i fought him my summons didnt respawn for when i need them in round 3 when i used them early in the first phase. here he has insane speed, so you must use time management. use speed up on gabe, attack up on tyco, and defense up on your char. PRAY that he attacks you, as if he picks tyco, you lose. if he picks gabe, you will probably lose too as he does most of the damage in this phase, but he has high hp and defense, so it can work. BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK and get counterattacks. thats the key to winning. more to come

the best way to keep him from attacking you i found was to just keep him distracted via ITEMS. gabe is the fast one and can attack alot, so speed up and melee is great for him. tyco is very powerful so attack up and he can inflict alot of pain. and make sure to put defense down on him because you need to kill him very fast in this round before he kills you, because he locks on to one target. so, you need to be able to block/counter well here. the best way i found to keep him distracted and still be efective was to throw the 80dmg bombs at him. they do about 360 damage to him, but the animation is longer to stall, plus item reuse times are practicly nothing. you can keep using them if timed right where he barely ever gets to attack. i use the created character to be the item distrubuter while the other 2 attack. using speed up on gabe, attack up on tyco, defense down on the boss, and defense up on myself, and when all those are up throw the grenades from strongest to weakest untill they are all gone. STALL HIM

I'd just like to add a little note here...

If you save just before fighting the final boss and you're totally prepared and everything, you don't have to get both "silent but deadly" and "immortal" in the same playthrough.

If you beat him without anyone dieing or beat him without using a healing item, just wait for the trophy notification to appear, press start and exit the game.

The game won't save until after the little movie's finished and that happens after the trophy.

Or at least, that's what I ended up doing. Very useful if you get so close but one of your character's dies. You can at least get 'Silent but Deadly' or if your characters are getting close to the end, you can choose to heal and go with the 'Imortal' option, then load you game and go for the other trophy.

I'd just like to add a little note here...

If you save just before fighting the final boss and you're totally prepared and everything, you don't have to get both "silent but deadly" and "immortal" in the same playthrough.

If you beat him without anyone dieing or beat him without using a healing item, just wait for the trophy notification to appear, press start and exit the game.

The game won't save until after the little movie's finished and that happens after the trophy.

Or at least, that's what I ended up doing. Very useful if you get so close but one of your character's dies. You can at least get 'Silent but Deadly' or if your characters are getting close to the end, you can choose to heal and go with the 'Imortal' option, then load you game and go for the other trophy.

Awww... I just replayed and re-completed the game for my Immortal trophy :(

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks psxman you're my hero! :p Got my Immortal out of the way first and could then easily sit back and have fun experimenting with different way to get silent but deadly. Found out a completely different way, using almost no items, not even one, dynamite, clown nose or toddy, only a few attack/speed downs on the boss, and actually had around 50 hp for everyone of the characters when he was at around 10 000 hp, but counterattacking his moves when it's just his head was fairly easy for me, so I counterattacked 9/10 attacks, and tada :D

• 9 months later...

FIRST FORM:

SECOND FORM:

THIRD FORM:

Thank you for reading.

Only thing I would chang is during the 1st stage you can throw the -75% attack at him and then wait it out until you have the triple hit. Do that and it nets you 7,000+ hit points. Repeat once more to see his legs crumble and you still have all your bombs etc for the 2nd stage.

The triple hit nets you about 3,500 on the second stage so you can continue with the same tatic but it nets you about the same hit points in the timeframe as playing normally.

• 1 month later...

Just got this trophy and I thought I'd add a few things.

- When it comes to the summons, use Fuschia and Thomas Kemper mostly. They charge up pretty fast even though they don't pretty much no real damage. Anne-Claire did about 100 and you should be done with the fight LONG before she's ready to go again.

- You should be able to breeze by the first form without having to use a Weak Sauce (ATK down) if you use up all of your explosive items, summons, and a few attacks.

- For your character and Tycho use normal attacks; throw in some specials with Gabe to drag his health down - he can do about 1000 damage with his ultimate attack. DON'T DO TEAM-UPS, unless you're really good at blocking.

- The final form is by far the easiest to block, so if you've still got at least 200-300HP per character by this point use up all your Weak Sauces and pummel him.

• 1 month later...