Outland ~ Trophy Guide & Roadmap

Zetberg

VLf1CmH.jpg 

If you have found this guide helpful and therefore want to join the forum, please give me a referral upon signing up by clicking here.

Roadmap

Overview:

• Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 4.5

• Offline Trophies: 11 (6 (B), 4 (S), 1 (G))(Most trophies can also be obtained Online, though)

• Online Trophies: 1 (1 (B))

• Approximate time to 100%: 10-15 hours

• Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed: 1 Story Mode playthrough, 1 Arcade Mode Chapter & 1 Online Co-op Challenge.

• Number of Missable Trophies: None

• Glitched Trophies: None

• Does difficulty affect trophies: No

• Do cheat codes disable trophies: None available

Introduction:

Take a bit of Patapon or LIMBO graphics, Ikaruga polarity system, and Old-school platformers gameplay like Metroid or Castlevania and you get a great game like Outland. In Outland, you will play the role of a young man who is in the grip of mysterious dreams. His journey for answers will lead him to a quest that will seal the fate of the world.

Most of the trophies can be obtained in the Story Mode and aren't really difficult to get. However, you will need to beat an Arcade Chapter and an online-only Co-op challenge outside Story Mode to get 100% in this game.

Walkthrough:

Important note: You can unlock all trophies in Online Cooperative except for the ones with '(Single Player only)' in their description. However, since they are pretty time consuming, I suggest that you do the Story Mode on your own.

Step1: Story Mode (10-15 hours)

Trophies are pretty straightforward to get and backtracking is mandatory only for the 'Collector' trophy. Since you can backtrack at any moment, you can get all trophies except 'Don't Go Alone' and 'Arcade Master' during this step.

Step 2: Arcade Mode and Online Cooperative (20-30 minutes)

You will unlock Arcade Chapters and Co-op Challenge Rooms while progressing through the Story Mode. You will need to complete an Arcade Chapter and a Co-op Challenge Room under a certain time limit to get their related trophies. The first unlocked Chapter and Challenge Room are the easiest to beat.

Step 3: Clean up (Time needed will depend on players)

This is an optional step and will mostly concern the most time-consuming trophy of the game: 'Millionaire'. There are many methods to get this trophy but you should use the 'stressless' one in the trophy guide.

Closing notes:

This game is a great platformer with interesting mechanics, a nice soundtrack, and challenging bosses. If you want to share tips, strategies, complaints, etc. feel free to comment. If you have really important remarks about this guide (e.g. better way to get a trophy), and I didn't reply on this thread, send me a private message.

Thank you for reading and have fun !

Edited by Viper
reuploaded banner

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Story Mode trophies

01.jpg Environmental Exterminator (B)

Destroy a Spider using spikes (General)

:tagoffon:

You can easily get this trophy in the 'Origin: Rites of Passage' area (area on the right of where you start the game). Just below the spot with a bunch of Spined Armadillos, you will find 2 Spiders near spikes springing from the ground. Just lure one of the Spiders to these spikes to kill it and you will receive this trophy.

02.jpg That's Teamwork (B)

Destroy an enemy using a Kamikazer (General)

You will meet Kamikazers for the first time in the 'Jungle' Zone. Kamikazers are small armadillos with an orange glowing body. They explode at any contact, and if you get too close to them, they will rush in your direction until they hit something. A easy place to get this trophy is in the 'Jungle: Above the Canopy' area. On the left of the first Checkpoint, you will see a Spider and a Kamikazer. Jump over the Spider, then jump over the Kamikazer. If done correctly, the Kamikazer will run to the Spider and explode.

10.jpg Survivor (B)

Kill 20 enemies in a row with only 1 health left (Individual)

You have to kill 20 enemies with only one heart. You know you have only one heart left when you hear a constant and rapid heartbeat. Also, your life bar usually filled with green hearts will have a red pumping heart.

It's easier to do this early in the game. The 'Jungle: Above the Canopy' area is a nice one to get this trophy. If you find a heart by breaking a vase or killing a foe, destroy it with a few melee attacks.

Alternatively you can use the method suggested by jacoblykke:

jacoblykke said:
for the survivor trophy; I found it easy to get this one at the same spot as the millionaire trophy. after killing all the fish. continue down, take out a few men walking around, continue further down and take out some of the spike creatures and then it should pop. kill yourself and respawn if you need to continue the hunt for millionaire trophy.

at least that is how I did it, hope it can help.

Note: You must kill the enemies in a unique area. Going back and forth between areas, using Teleporters, and picking up a heart will reset your 'killstreak'.

04.jpg Untouchable (S)

Defeat any boss without taking damage (General)

Each Zone ends with a boss fight. The 'Jungle' Zone boss is the easiest one to beat. If at any point you are hurt, let the boss kill you and retry. If you didn't seize the opportunity to get this trophy in Story Mode, you can always try your luck in Arcade Chapter 'Jungle'.

If you struggle with the 'Jungle' boss, you can look in the spoiler for a guide:

Spoiler

'Jungle' boss: Golem

The Golem attack pattern is pretty simple. He will jump and slam the ground with his right arm (shaped like a hammer). This will create a shockwave and the Golem's right arm will stay on the ground for a bit. Jump over the shockwave and climb the Golem's arm. You should have plenty of time to hit the Golem's weak spot: his head. Keep hitting it until you see the shockwave coming back at his arm. Jump off his arm before the glow from the arm reachs you.

He will repeat this pattern but he will also summon some Spined Armadillos. They will be in some sort of cocoons hanging on the tree above. Repeat the same aforementioned method and try to hit some of these cocoons when you jump off his arm. Kill the remaining Spined Armadillos before the Golem's next attack.

When you have depleted around half of the Golem's heath bar, he will conjure a rain consisting of light (blue) and dark (red) bullets. Avoid the dark bullets. Since you're equipped with the 'Light Energy', the light bullets won't hurt you. When the rain stops, the Golem will repeat his attack pattern.

The rain pattern will change if the fight goes on, but it's still easy to dodge it. Once the Golem is defeated, the trophy is yours (if you didn't get hit of course).

Here is a video of the Golem fight, courtesy of Sajiko.

09.jpg Two Birds (B)

Smack a bomb so that kills two or more enemies (Individual)

This is a tricky one. There are many occasions later in the game but I suggest you to use the following method:

In the 'Underworld: The Underground River' area, go to the spot shown on the map below. Use the Checkpoint in the blue circle, just in case you mess up.

1M22JTn 

The place to get the trophy should look like the picture below

1KGiA6W 

There are 3 Spiders on the left. Kill the first one but don't go to the left yet. Wait until a new bomb drops then go to the left to attract the 2 remaining Spiders. The red circle I've put in the second picture is where the bomb lands when you do a low attack on the bomb (:down: + :square:). Just time your attack so the bomb lands between the two Spiders. If you mess up, kill yourself with the dropping bombs and try again.

Note: You must hit the bomb to get the trophy. I've tried to just get a bomb dropped on two foes and this didn't work.

11.jpg Overkill (B)

Destroy six enemies with one Beam Shot (Individual)

You will gain an ability called 'Beam Attack' in the 'City: The City Walls' area (first area of the 'City' Zone). Nearby where you will get this ability, you will find a Checkpoint, an Energy Crystal and a lot of Jellyfishes. Consequently, this is an ideal spot to get this trophy.

Get on the suspended platforms on the right, wait until there are enough Jellyfish enemies in your sight to use the 'Beam Attack' (:circle:). If you fail, use the checkpoint and kill yourself.

Notes:

• You can guide the beam with the D-pad or the Left Stick

• Polarity will not affect this move (i.e., you can kill enemies regardless of their polarity)

• The farming spot mentioned for the 'Millionaire' trophy is also a good place to get the 'Overkill' one.

06.jpg Enthusiast (B)

Collect 10 Marks of the Gods (Single Player only)

:tagcollectible:

Check 'Collector' description.

07.jpg Collector (S)

Collect all Marks of the Gods (Single Player only)

:tagcollectible:

The Marks of the Gods are golden helmets scattered all over the Zones. You will unlock various content as you collect them: pieces of concept art and also some extra abilities.

You can check an area map to see if there any Mark of the Gods in it (press :select: and look at the bottom left corner). Go to the 'Player Statistics' menu (:select:, then :l1:) if you want to see how many Marks of the Gods you have collected overall.

You will find a Marks of the Gods guide in this thread.

08.jpg Millionaire (S)

Collect 1 000 000 Doubloons (Single Player only)

This will be most likely one of the last trophies you will get. You can earn Doubloons from vases or enemies in the form of coins. A small coin will give you 50 Doubloons and a big coin 1000 Doubloons. Aside from Money Vases (big vases which will always contain at least a big coin), the coin drops are pretty random.

Even if you find all the money vases, you will have to grind enemy kills to get to the one-million milestone. I used the following method to get trophy:

In the 'Sky: Proving Grounds' area (2nd area from the start of 'Sky' Zone), go to the spot shown on the map below. You should remember the area since you will acquire the 'Energy Shield' ability nearby.

1HbNmQk 

The farming spot looks like this:

1IPiSuF 

Here is the actual farming method:

1. On the farming spot, use the 'Energy Shield' ability (:l1:) to quickly kill all the Fishes.

2. Collect the coin drops and go to the Checkpoint in the blue circle of the first picture.

3. Climb the ladder near the Checkpoint and kill yourself with the polarity obstacle.

4. When you respawn, go back to the farming spot.

5. Rinse and repeat until you get the trophy.

I got 200,000 Doubloons in one hour with this method. It might not be the most efficient method but it is the easiest one I've found.

Notes:

• You don't need to have 1,000,000 Doubloons on you. You need to have collected 1,000,000 Doubloons overall. Check 'Player Statistics' menu (:select:, then :l1:). Your 'Total Money' must reach 1,000,000 to unlock the trophy.

• If you must quit before you're done, don't forget to change areas (e.g. go to 'Sky: Holy Mountain') to save your progress.

• JFryes made a video showing the method:

12.jpg Grand Master (G)

Complete the full game (Individual)

:tagoffon::tagstory:

You will get this gold trophy after beating the last boss of the game. The game, in itself, isn't really hard. The boss fights are the only difficult parts of the game but with patience and trial and error, you will learn their weakness(es) and beat them.

Note: You don't need to collect all the Marks of the Gods and/or the Money Vases to get this trophy.

Edited by Viper
Adding trophy tags

Arcade & Co-op trophies

03.jpg Arcade Master (S)

Complete any Arcade Chapter below the target time (General)

:tagoffon::tagdatetime:

Arcade Mode is located in the Main Menu. In Arcade Mode, you have to complete a Zone under a certain time limit. You will unlock Arcade Chapters while progressing through the Story Mode. 'Jungle' is the easiest Arcade Chapter to complete. Take your time, use the Level Map (press :select:) if you're lost and you shouldn't have any trouble finishing before the time limit.

Notes:

• Available abilities while playing in Arcade Mode depend on the chosen Chapter and reflect the Story Mode progression.

• You can obtain other trophies while playing in Arcade Mode

05.jpg Don't Go Alone (B)

Complete any Co-op Challenge Room (General)

:tagonline::tagmulti::tagcoop::tagdatetime:

Must be done in Online Cooperative. You will unlock Co-op Challenge Rooms while progressing through Story Mode. The 'El Dorado' Challenge Room (unlocked in 'Jungle' Zone) is the easiest one to complete. Good teamwork is required. If you need a partner, make a post in the Co-op Partner Thread.

Complete the Challenge Room before the time limit and both you and your partner will unlock this trophy.

Edited by Viper
Adding trophy tags and small edit

Excellent guide, thanks!

Can you farm for money and/or collect missing masks after killing the last boss or does the game end then?

After you have beaten the last boss, launching the game again will bring you back to the entrance of the boss room.

There is a Teleporter at the entrance. You can use it to go back and collect everything you missed.

Thanks! I know you mentioned ability to backtrack at any moment, but I wanted to be sure that it's possible even after the story mode is finished.

Right now I am stuck at The Winged Serpent. Even though I have 10 hearts and can pass the first sequence with none of them lost, the final bit is a little too tough for me. It's just way too chaotic there with all the bombs.

Thanks! I know you mentioned ability to backtrack at any moment, but I wanted to be sure that it's possible even after the story mode is finished.

Right now I am stuck at The Winged Serpent. Even though I have 10 hearts and can pass the first sequence with none of them lost, the final bit is a little too tough for me. It's just way too chaotic there with all the bombs.

I found the :circle: attack very helpful to take out the targets on the serpent from a distance. So use it on the targets that are very hard to get to, like the last one on its head.

I found the :circle: attack very helpful to take out the targets on the serpent from a distance. So use it on the targets that are very hard to get to, like the last one on its head.

Thanks for the tip!

The problem is that my energy bar is empty at the boss. Perhaps taking out bombs with your sword replenishes it? I do not recall.

Edited by P1x44r

Thanks for the tip!

The problem is that my energy bar is empty at the boss. Perhaps taking out bombs with your sword replenishes it? I do not recall.

Yes, some bombs drop green hearts randomly when hit. Just find a good spot and keep taking them out until you get lucky.

Great guide by the way.

If you chose the Arcade Chapter 'Jungle' (which is the easiest one), the time limit is 20 minutes. Going casually (the first time), I've completed it in 15 minutes.

thank you, i was trying to find the arcade mode, didnt realize it was just at the right of the single player menu. lol:)

Great guide man! I am following it now as I playthrough. I made you a banner if you want to use it for your guide. I'll also have some videos uploaded soon for some of the trophies like Untouchable and such.

Here is the banner:

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/Sythron/Banner.jpg

The link to the image is here:

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/Sythron/Banner.jpg

Edit: I made the banner like 610x364 or something I don't know why it shows as 700x394.

Edit 2: Here is a video showing how to get the "Untouchable" trophy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNezpBhDK1U]Outland Golem Boss Untouchable Trophy/Achievement with Commentary[/ame]

Edited by QuantumMercury

• 2 weeks later...
  • Viper changed the title to Outland ~ Trophy Guide & Roadmap