Rate the trophy difficulty  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.17

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 2 weeks later...

Voted 4.

In my opinion the most difficult trophy is the one to get all the secret coins, which means to get S rank in all the episodes (Main and Nakama) + opening the treasures boxes for the other 2 secrets coins in each episode (only in Main).

I did my first playthrough (Main) on easy, then I went for normal to get the S rank and that was painfully hard :( but then I found my way using Kizaru, he has a very strong combo :square: :square: :triangle: :triangle: (:triangle:), although both his specials are weak.

Apart from him, I only found out when trying to S rank the final chapters that you could save your progress anytime in the game and if you mess up you could quit to the main menu and reload. That helps a lot and facilitates for everyone that want to get a S rank or even to just clear an episode.

After that I ended up going for rank S at all the Nakama episodes on super hard.

The super hard difficulty is actually not much harder, you don't even need to break the limit level of your char to clear the latest episodes. But doing with a level 100 char simplifies the job.

• 1 month later...

4. Your average musou when it comes to time to plat and there's nothing difficult about it. Boa and Luffy were again the 2 characters I constantly played with and like in the first one, Boa is way to overpowered 1 on 1. The only thing that gave me a minor problem was the lvl 50 challenge.

I did my first playthrough (Main) on easy, then I went for normal to get the S rank and that was painfully hard :( but then I found my way using Kizaru, he has a very strong combo :square: :square: :triangle: :triangle: (:triangle:), although both his specials are weak.

Played around with him too and I spammed mostly the same combo. Still, can't say I found him that good. His specials like you point out are just to weak. I'll take Boa & Enel any day over him. Boa's 2 bar special is the best special there is, to clear rooms or to take out bosses.

• 1 month later...
Hey guys,

I wonder if how hard is it to get the platinum without understanding japanese. I will be in Japan next week and I really think I will buy this game (on PSVita, I don't know how it could work for cross-buy so I don't want to take any risks). Please let me know your opinion about that !

I don't remember anything that could cause a problem for not understanding japanese with this game, it's basically choose a chapter-stage and kick everyone's asses :p

The minimap shows some visual information for the objectives and also there's already a guide here for the trophies and you can ask us for help if needed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I vote 3.

Thank goodness collecting coins in this game are much easier unlike the first game @_@

I play as Luffy till i got Aokiji and complete main log on normal mode with him ( Spamming ice time / age :p ) After super hard unlocked, i switch to Law, level him to 100, and use his "Room" + :square: :triangle: :triangle: :triangle: all the time plus using these skill : Stylish + increase :square: :triangle: damage + increase damage while in Style Action i had no problem at all playing super hard mode, getting S rank and challenge :D

I give this a 4 wasn't hard at all but time consuming. Just some advice don't buy beli exp because all that does is give you more beli in treasure boxes. I was a little confused with the trophy " clear 5 stages with 20 different characters" but I finally got through it. Not to hard but a little time consuming give this a 4.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 platinum difficulty (with guides) 3

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 platinum difficulty (without guides) 6

I'm sure, after everything's done, I'll have mashed this combo :square: :square: :triangle: :triangle: :triangle: 1,673,488 times. Possibly more..

Aside the insanely high combo usage count, there wasn't/isn't much I enjoyed about this game other than it being a Dynasty Warriors clone. (I like the graphics and music too) Super hard isn't that super hard, especially if you're using the right character. (Kuzan) That shouldn't stop you from trying others out though.. Law's pretty good.

What else?.. That's it. Lotsa levels to be played, some possibly more than twice, and lotsa other grindy things to do. It's a grind off people!

Edited by Rubbercons

• 1 month later...

Voted 3/10 nothing difficult just time consuming before I finally put my game to rest this is what I did

1) pirate online ranking: Pirate king

2) 57 crew list all max

3) All campaign n crew episode rank S n completed in super hard rank

4) Both challenge completed in rank S

5) Beli 999999999

6) total coins bronze, silver & gold 540 all max

7) finally all 37 character lvl 100 :dance:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Gave it a 2. Super Hard wasn't much of a challenge, I used Law. His 2nd level Super would just wipe everyone out in a very large arc, and the Room ability will allow you to hit "Styled" bosses without being in Style mode yourself.

There's a lot of other very powerful characters, so you've got a lot of choice. I used Enel for the 2nd Challenge, at lvl 82, and mopped the floor with the bosses. You just need to be really quick on the draw and then just wait on your Style meter by running circles around the remaining boss. I suppose if you use another character you could jack up the difficulty of the 2nd challenge, I know I had trouble using Law.

Very fun game, will keep playing it until the 3rd game comes out.