Trophy Difficulty Rating

olsen77

Rate the trophy difficulty.  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/trophy_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.28

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by ShadowAFC

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just bought this game because it's now only $4.99 (I'm based in the UK, so that price seems incredible). I'll wait till either (I) I get 100% or (ii) I tear my hair out trying to get 100% before voting. I know lots of people have given up in frustration with trying to get 100% on SSHD and Soldner-X... maybe this one will do the same to me :s

I also wait to 100% games before rating them. At the very least people could put significant effort into a game before rating it. Anyway, this is a pretty darn tough game and I was pretty happy when I finally got 100%! The game is actually pretty fun even though it took a lot of criticism, enjoy and good luck!

I also wait to 100% games before rating them. At the very least people could put significant effort into a game before rating it. Anyway, this is a pretty darn tough game and I was pretty happy when I finally got 100%! The game is actually pretty fun even though it took a lot of criticism, enjoy and good luck!

I've played it for two days now (obviously not non-stop lol), and I thought it was alright on day 1. But on day 2, the game started to 'click' for me, and it makes sense now, especially having to learn a strategy on how to complete the objectives and STAY ALIVE!

I'm guessing by the reactions to the trophies that I'll be supremely satisfied if I ever get 100%! I remember feeling overawed when I platinumed Rock Band 2... whereas it just felt 'flat' when I got 100% on Linger in Shadows and Noby Noby Boy (perhaps more a sense of relief than achievement).

I've played it for two days now (obviously not non-stop lol), and I thought it was alright on day 1. But on day 2, the game started to 'click' for me, and it makes sense now, especially having to learn a strategy on how to complete the objectives and STAY ALIVE!

That's exactly how I felt about the game. I think if you give the game a chance you learn to appreciate how strategic it is. It requires both skill and planning and feels great to 100%! I think the game got a bad rap cause most people didn't give it a proper chance. I wasn't too impressed when I played it on easy, but when I played it on hardcore, I realized how crucial your allies can be and the importance of destroying launch platforms first, etc... the game became a lot of fun for me!

• 2 weeks later...
That's exactly how I felt about the game. I think if you give the game a chance you learn to appreciate how strategic it is. It requires both skill and planning and feels great to 100%! I think the game got a bad rap cause most people didn't give it a proper chance. I wasn't too impressed when I played it on easy, but when I played it on hardcore, I realized how crucial your allies can be and the importance of destroying launch platforms first, etc... the game became a lot of fun for me!

I've shied away from reading too much about strategies... and it took me a few goes to realise that destroying launch platforms was crucial to success - I kept failing the last two objectives on level 3, but I've just managed to complete that level perfectly (without losing a single life too).

I agree now that most people probably gave up on it after just an hour or two. It's taken me a few days to appreciate that it's part-shooter and part-strategy, with a very heavy emphasis on strategy. I think I'll take my time with it, but I'm thinking with some good strategies I should be able to walk away with 100%.

I've finished the game on Recruit ('easy'), and it wasn't all that hard... picked up the Perfectionist trophy while I was at it. I tried a quick game on Hardcore... quick is an understatement! I couldn't even complete the first objective *sigh*. I think I'll do Veteran level first... the buffer of extra lives will help.

I've finished the game on Recruit ('easy'), and it wasn't all that hard... picked up the Perfectionist trophy while I was at it. I tried a quick game on Hardcore... quick is an understatement! I couldn't even complete the first objective *sigh*. I think I'll do Veteran level first... the buffer of extra lives will help.

I wouldn't waste your time on veteran because it will probably take a lot of practice and hardcore will still be very hard. Don't worry about completing objectives, just try to keep them going as long as you can to get as many upgrades as you can.

I wouldn't waste your time on veteran because it will probably take a lot of practice and hardcore will still be very hard. Don't worry about completing objectives, just try to keep them going as long as you can to get as many upgrades as you can.

So you're saying I should just dive into Hardcore? I don't mind dying, so long as I feel I'm improving each time lol. I know the upgrades are important, as the threads seem to suggest that some people just skipped the objectives only to have their asses completely owned in later levels because they lacked upgraded weapons.

More importantly, does the game state whether an objective must categorically be completed before I can progress? I mean, I won't ignore an objective just because it's too hard - I still need to kill the enemy!

So you're saying I should just dive into Hardcore? I don't mind dying, so long as I feel I'm improving each time lol. I know the upgrades are important, as the threads seem to suggest that some people just skipped the objectives only to have their asses completely owned in later levels because they lacked upgraded weapons.

More importantly, does the game state whether an objective must categorically be completed before I can progress? I mean, I won't ignore an objective just because it's too hard - I still need to kill the enemy!

I actually started playing the game on hardcore just to see how tough it was and got my ass handed to me on a platter! I then decided to go through the game on easy to get an understanding of the dynamics and weapon systems, etc... After doing that and coming back to hardcore I was able to do much better because I understood how things worked, like which enemies to take out first and how to avoid certain enemies, etc... The mistake I made on my first time through hardcore was to purposely skip all the objectives that weren't required and my weapons were completely inadequate when I got to stage 4.

On my second playthrough of hardcore I attempted to complete any and all objectives and I would seek out and destroy as many red targeted enemies as possible for weapon upgrades. The longer you keep the objective alive, the more weapons upgrades you can get. I compared my arsenal to what it was at the same point playing on easy and I was definitely not close to that, but I was way better then my first playthrough on hardcore! The main weapon you need to have nearly fully upgraded by stage 4 is the shredder. If you just need one or 2 parts you can swing northeast at the beginning of stage 4 to get the last few parts you need prior to destroying the 4 island generators. This was the strategy I used to beat the 4th stage so I know it works.

It's posted somewhere what objectives have to be completed, but you don't have to really worry about this because you want to upgrade your weapons. The only objective I wouldn't bother trying to complete is the first one on stage 4. Other than that I wouldn't purposely skip any until your ship is fully upgraded because it will come in VERY handy for stage 6 which is also VERY difficult! In general though if you're curious, you can skip any of the "defend" objectives, but must do all of the "destroy" objectives.

Thanks for the tips, skippycue!

I've just had about 1½hrs of hardcore. I couldn't beat stage 1, but I'm getting there. The main problem I have is the weapons system - I have to count in my head how many 'cycles' to choose the right weapon in the middle of a dogfight. If the weapons icons were pictures of the bullet types rather than what the weapon looked like, that would help more.

Other than that, it's a great little game. I think if people were 'forced' to play it properly, they'd probably enjoy it much more. It seems a lot of people just want 'easy' games these days... they should just buy a Wii :D

Thanks for the tips, skippycue!

I've just had about 1½hrs of hardcore. I couldn't beat stage 1, but I'm getting there. The main problem I have is the weapons system - I have to count in my head how many 'cycles' to choose the right weapon in the middle of a dogfight. If the weapons icons were pictures of the bullet types rather than what the weapon looked like, that would help more.

Other than that, it's a great little game. I think if people were 'forced' to play it properly, they'd probably enjoy it much more. It seems a lot of people just want 'easy' games these days... they should just buy a Wii :D

Yeah, it took me a while to get used to the weapon system rotation as well. A lot of people remap the buttons so that each button is a different weapon, but I never did that myself. You may want to try it if you're having trouble getting used to the toggling.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
This is actually one of the toughest PSN games I have ever played so I felt confident when I rated this game a 9/10. Beating this game on hardcore is a nightmare!

You must play all easy games then since the toughest game you've ever played only took you 3 days! lol ;-) Just kidding, it really was a tough one! Congrats!

• 4 months later...

I found the Legendary trophy very difficult to obtain. Defeating the Harbinger (final stage) on hardcore, and then watching the final screen fade to black was a great relief…it was finally over, and the one hundred percent was done. (I had played the game to sixty percent back in December of 2008 and really wasn't planning on going back, but decided to give it another go anyway).

Stage four especially, and along with stage six, are the most difficult to get through on hardcore. You should do your best to destroy ground units ahead of time and collect as many upgrades as you can. Even though this will make things a little easier later on in any given stage, you'll still have to deal with an unbelievable influx, and array, of enemy ships. Not only that, but you'll need to deal with ground units firing at you; some even launching more enemy ships, which will fire weapons such as homing, lock-on electric beams, multi-shot, electro-mines, and missiles; not to mention "carrier ships", "destroyers" and launch platforms. Plus, you'll only get one ship (called a Scythe) when playing on hardcore; and if you are destroyed, you'll have to begin from the start of the stage all over again. I found this game to be very tough to get the one-hundred percent.

I gave the trophy difficulty in NOVASTRIKE a 9.

• 4 weeks later...

For difficulty, this will be a 9 from me. This game is easily one of the hardest games I have ever played! It takes great skill, memorization, and a well planned out strategy to conquer the levels on hardcore difficulty. There's lots of enemies attacking you, the objectives are more difficult to complete, your ship takes damage really fast, there's rarely assistance from ally fighters, you only have 1 ship so if you die you start the (long) levels over, and it's very rare to get repair pickups, all on hardcore difficulty and the game just wants to punish you...figuratively speaking;) Overall, it's a cool game though once you get used to it. Though, if you get angry easily, you may want to be careful with this game purchase;)

Edited by Dreadnought190

• 4 weeks later...