Rate the trophy difficulty...  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_45.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.34

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted this a 2. I have everything except the later online rank trophies and so far, nothing has proven difficult. For the trophies which require you to complete 5(B), 10(B) and 25(S) Special Events, you can just record clean laps (no crashes or resets) in time attack. The alternative is completing Hardcore Festival Events, which are incredibly hard.

I'm enjoying the online game modes, so reaching rank 40 is actually proving to be good fun.

I voted this a 2. I have everything except the later online rank trophies and so far, nothing has proven difficult. For the trophies which require you to complete 5(B), 10(B) and 25(S) Special Events, you can just record clean laps (no crashes or resets) in time attack. The alternative is completing Hardcore Festival Events, which are incredibly hard.

I'm enjoying the online game modes, so reaching rank 40 is actually proving to be good fun.

Compared to Pacific rift its quite easy. It looks like its the new trend to make the sequels easier lol.

@turbo squirrel

is a two right for this game?

as easy as other trophies are, the level 40 trophy will take some grinding from many people.

ive hit lvl 30 so far with only 5 hours under my belt online, but was thinking this game as more a 4. dont forget those cards can be a pain in the ass to find at times, and still take some getting even if you know where they are.

@turbo squirrel

is a two right for this game?

as easy as other trophies are, the level 40 trophy will take some grinding from many people.

ive hit lvl 30 so far with only 5 hours under my belt online, but was thinking this game as more a 4. dont forget those cards can be a pain in the ass to find at times, and still take some getting even if you know where they are.

I agree actually a 2 would be like Hannah montana or some Disney games.

...thinking this game as more a 4. dont forget those cards can be a pain in the ass to find at times, and still take some getting even if you know where they are.

The Collectible Cards are all very easy to find. The very hardest ones should take you two or three passes at most, provided you explore the different routes through the track. Only eliminator races can be a little more difficult because there's constant pressure to stay ahead of other racers.

Take a look at the voting guide on the first post. There are very clear rules which stress the difference between time consuming and genuinely difficult trophies. In a nutshell, any platinum is only as difficult as the hardest trophy in the set. In the case of Motorstorm : Apocalypse, there are no difficult trophies at all.

I'll agree that other people might rate this a little bit higher than a two, but that's because they haven't ever obtained a genuinely difficult platinum in order to properly calibrate their ratings ;)

since you guys are playing practically nobody, anyone can say its easy

There are thousands of people online and lots of them are good, ...very good in fact, but that's not really the point. As far as trophies are concerned, the online system is fair enough that if you're willing to put the time in, you will get the platinum. You get a fair amount of points just for taking part in a race and your XP will never decrease. If you played Pacific Rift you'll know what a huge relief that is :)

I have platinums with difficulty ratings all the way from 10 down to 3 and I think those ratings are justified. Motorstorm: Apocalypse has been the easiest trophy set I've done so far and I stand by the rating of 2. Everyone should be able to get this platinum :)

@turbo squirrel

easy as burnout paradise?

fair enough with the trophy rating, but i just thought id give a fair across boards score, ie a score which people who unlike ourselves may be rubbish with racing games. 1.4million xp is still going to be a lot for some folks to gain, especially some of these rookies who keep showing up with a second signed in profile who seem to be oblivious theyve been lapped. by everyone. sometimes twice! Oh, and in terms of doing a difficult plat, i have pacific rift at 100% (with dlc)

@zooyork

i await the self proclaimed motorstorm gods, thing is were going to have about two months head start, so for the first week or so we`ll still run rings round ya ;)

but there are indeed some very good racers already online, all of which seem to have an affinity for the chopper. Have i missed something or is this vehicle completely overpowered? im sick of never being able to catch these buggers.

There are thousands of people online and lots of them are good, ...very good in fact

Didn't I beat you quite a few times yesterday? XD

I'll vote a 4. I own all trophies besides the last 3 leveling trophies, I'm Level 12 online atm. I'd have been a higher level if the game would have let me join games. It's like roulette for me to join a game, sometimes I cant find an online game for 1-2 hours, sometimes I can just join right away.

Offline trophies are all easy, nothing too hard, cards can be frustrating but not too bad, really.

Definately one of the easier racing games I played this gen.

Didn't I beat you quite a few times yesterday? XD

I'll vote a 4. I own all trophies besides the last 3 leveling trophies, I'm Level 12 online atm. I'd have been a higher level if the game would have let me join games. It's like roulette for me to join a game, sometimes I cant find an online game for 1-2 hours, sometimes I can just join right away.

Offline trophies are all easy, nothing too hard, cards can be frustrating but not too bad, really.

Definately one of the easier racing games I played this gen.

Been trying to play online for 2 days and every time it froze so i had to turn off the ps3.

Gave it a 3. Finding all 150 cards was a bit annoying, other than that there is nothing hard with this game. Compared to Pacific rift its cake.

I just have to reach rank 40 for platinum and its a bit time consuming. I just wish online wouldn´t have so many issues.

Edited by DPatriot

I also think it's worth about a 3, if you can get online.

If you have the Pacifc Rift Platnium this is a piece of cake. 26 hours total which includes 194 online races to reach lvl 40.

It's lucky the time trials can be done for the Special Events because if it required you to pass 25 Hardcore Festival races this plat would easily be a 9.5

Great online game anyway, when it doesn't decide to freeze forcing you to do a hard restart and lose the 20k in your bonus pot..

Just got the platinum. Voted 5. Most of the trophies are easy.

However the search for the cards can take a little while. With a guide, it's not a problem, but some of them will require numerous tries before you can catch them.

Online trophies are time consuming.

Very fun game to platinum all in all. And compared to PR, it's a walk in the park.

Currently scaling the online, but seeing as you can't lose XP and it therefore just becomes a grind no matter how skilled you are, I give it a 2. The only challenging card is the one you have to launch yourself at in the final Festival Eliminator, and you only need to come 3rd in a race to unlock Festival trophies. The pro/epilogues are ridiculously simple with huge time limits, and time trials can be taken at 2mph and only require 1 lap a piece. Anything else disguised as a challenge can be done in split-screen multiplayer.

Currently scaling the online, but seeing as you can't lose XP and it therefore just becomes a grind no matter how skilled you are, I give it a 2. The only challenging card is the one you have to launch yourself at in the final Festival Eliminator, and you only need to come 3rd in a race to unlock Festival trophies. The pro/epilogues are ridiculously simple with huge time limits, and time trials can be taken at 2mph and only require 1 lap a piece. Anything else disguised as a challenge can be done in split-screen multiplayer.

Yep, that would pretty much sum it up. I'm close to rank 39 and started last friday with the multiplayer part. Ranking up is fast as hell when you have decent skills regarding how to drive the vehicles and knowing each shortcut. BUT it does make a lot of fun racing against other people online, I'll for sure continue playing after plating it (only rank 40 left and the 25 special events - should hit it easily today). My vote goes for a 2/10 (fun factor 10/10) cause it's ridiculous easy.

Regards

I give it a 3.

The festival is very short and easy this time, only about 40 events to complete, and you only have to come 3rd for the trophies, if you're half decent you'll qulify most of the festival races first time.

All the misc trophies can be done in free play, or by replying some festival events again, and the hidden cards arn't too hard to find. The online is easy and fun, you get xp for almost everything you do, and there is plenty of medals to work towards for xp boosts. Getting to rank 40 didn't feel like a grind at all for me.