Jason Voorhees and Freddy Krueger as DLC? *RUMOR*

AlejandroM

Rumor: Freddy and Jason to Engage in Mortal Kombat | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central

So what do you think?

It'd be pretty cool as a Halloween release. Jason's machete will work nicely for fatalities and I could already picture Freddy gouging eyes out with his needle hands. Although, unmasked Kabal already resembles Freddy :D

No. :|

This would be incredibly stupid. True, in the sense that they usually result in the bloody and gory death of someone, they fit in - but that's all. The Mortal Kombat characters, on the other hand, are just that - combatants. They know how to fight and are trained assassins and ninjas sent to fight opponents of equal or greater skill. These Jason and Freddy guys are weirdos who get lucky and fight people like Average Joe, Unlucky Bastard, and Never Bentoo Gym. If Jason or Freddy got paired up with Scorpion, they would get their ass handed to them on a silver-platter.

They are not combatants, therefore, they shouldn't be in the game. It's like putting Sweet Tooth in the game. Yeah, in his series he is pretty BA, scary guy, but he's got nothing on the guys from Mortal Kombat. That being said, I would rather Sweet Tooth, as, oh, I don't know, he is a video game character and makes more sense being in a video game.

My two cents. Please Netherrealm, no more outside-MK realm characters.

This is so funny because just 2 days ago i was saying "damn they would fit right in" unlike most people i hope it happens.

"We are many, you are but one"

If they are free I'd get them but I wouldn't waste my money on a couple characters from the '80's horror scene that'd I'd hardly ever play.

But I highly doubt they would add any more non MK characters considering they would have to get legal rights to use their images in their games.

Well the way i see it rain is the only good character they left out. The rest the mk characters suck ass so why not go in a new direction since they couldnt make up good enough ones for mk?

But I highly doubt they would add any more non MK characters considering they would have to get legal rights to use their images in their games.

As for that u dont have to ask for rights to what you already own ;)

Edited by homicide9209

Touche good sir, touche.:)

Trust me i hate the idea of adding outside MK characters but honestly when i think about it i never liked much after the first 3 games characters sept frost, but there's already too many ice people. So i say if their going to bring in more characters why not bloody, horror characters?

Trust me i hate the idea of adding outside MK characters but honestly when i think about it i never liked much after the first 3 games characters sept frost, but there's already too many ice people. So i say if their going to bring in more characters why not bloody, horror characters?

True, I have only played the first three original Mortal Kombat games so half the other characters I don't even have a clue who they are, but in preparation to the release I started looking on the Mortal Kombat wiki page just so I'd be clued up incase any new characters were on there since the 16-bit days when I played MK 3.

If they do add more genre of characters such as Freddy and Jason it will be interesting to see the public's reaction.

True, I have only played the first three original Mortal Kombat games so half the other characters I don't even have a clue who they are, but in preparation to the release I started looking on the Mortal Kombat wiki page just so I'd be clued up incase any new characters were on there since the 16-bit days when I played MK 3.

If they do add more genre of characters such as Freddy and Jason it will be interesting to see the public's reaction.

Yeah well i can tell u that the majority of them sucked ass. To me most them seems like knock offs of the old characters or a mixture of a couple of em.

i liked how they kinda tied kratos into the MK world..if you played the God of War series..his ending after the ladder mode. Hints towards possible future events where fighters from the MK universe would come to the GOW timeline, and somewhat explains why kratos is there. Obviously he had used the threads of time commandeered in gow2 to get there. With freddy and/or jason i just dont see how they could make that work. really lame IMO