Trophies

Reys

I looked at the trophy list, but I didn't write them down. Of course, we were unlocking some as we played. There were more stadium specific trophies, trophies pertaining to pulse pitching, and hitting the ball off of a base. Two that I remember and found funny (that I won't give away) were "Million Dollar Arm" and "Take Out The Competition" - but you can probably figure them out.

This guy from OS gave us a tiny sneak peak at the trophies.

Glenn Percival, who went to Community Day, said they were "quite clever." I consider them both reliable.

Trophies that we know so far:

• "Stadium Specific Trophies"
  • Pulse Pitching Trophies
  • Hit a base with a batted ball
  • Hit a walk-off homerun
  • Million Dollar Arm - I assume this one is for pitching a perfect game
  • Take Out The Competition - I assume this one is for hitting a batter

If you guys find any more trophies, details, or corrections please add to the list!

Edited by Reys
Added new trophy + hyperlinked with source.

This guy from OS gave us a tiny sneak peak at the trophies. I consider him pretty reliable.

Trophies that we know so far:

• "Stadium Specific Trophies"
  • Pulse Pitching Trophies
  • Hit a base with a batted ball
  • Million Dollar Arm - I assume this one is for pitching a perfect game
  • Take Out The Competition - I assume this one is for hitting a batter

If you guys find any more trophies, details, or corrections please add to the list!

Those sound awesome. I agree with Million Dollar Arm, but Take Out The Competition could have something to do with their cover athlete, Justin Verlander. Maybe hit a ball back at him, or bean him while he's at bat.

Not sure how I like the pulse pitching, but I guess I can deal with it for the sake of getting trophies.

As for pitching a perfect game, using edited rosters and sliders shouldn't make this one to tough.

Those sound awesome. I agree with Million Dollar Arm, but Take Out The Competition could have something to do with their cover athlete, Justin Verlander. Maybe hit a ball back at him, or bean him while he's at bat.

Not sure how I like the pulse pitching, but I guess I can deal with it for the sake of getting trophies.

As for pitching a perfect game, using edited rosters and sliders shouldn't make this one to tough.

Edit: I just understood what you said about JV. That makes even more sense now.

Those are also possible alternatives to the Take Out The Competition. Although JV is the 2K cover boy. We got A-Gon.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the pulse pitching either. It looks like it'll give you headaches after awhile. I like the analog pitching, but I think classic will always be my favorite.

Don't know, I going to try and get the perfect game with Matt Moore. :D

Edited by Reys

wait what? isnt adrian gonzalez the cover athelete?

I have to assume there is more to 'take out the competition' than just hitting a batter. I'm guessing it's something where you have to hit someone and cause them an injury, or beat the single season record for batters hit in a season.

Hitting a base with a batted ball will likely be this year's 'sell your body' trophy.

I haven't found out anything new in awhile, but I have a couple thoughts about them.

For one, I'm almost positive they'll highlight a couple new features. I think there will be a trophy for winning an online HRD, and of course at least one containing to that "Diamond Dynasty" mode.

Secondly, I been wondering about the Vita list. I wonder if it will be the same list or two different ones. I also really hope there isn't a trophy for "taking your save on the road." They have a new feature where you can upload your save to their servers and pick right back up on the other system. Hopefully there isn't a trophy for that.

Lastly, from the OP, there is two pretty vague ones. Such as "stadium specific" and "trophies pertaining to pulse pitching."

I hope the stadium specific ones are fun to get, such as maybe hitting a home-run into the Marlins CF. Here's a description of what will happen.

Dead center field is expected to have a home run feature akin to Citi Field's Home Run Apple but different in design and feel. The piece, designed by Red Grooms, will be located behind the outfield wall, partially visible during a game. It is expected to be between 50 feet (15 m) to 60 feet (18 m) tall, with bright pink, blue, aqua, and orange colors along with many moving parts. The art feature will rise from a pool of Grooms-designed water and dotted with clouds, pelicans and seagulls. Marlins will jump and laser lights will shine.

Or possibly one for hitting their backstop with a wild-pitch/batted ball. They have two aquariums back there.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/41/MarlinsBackstopAquarium.jpg/220px-MarlinsBackstopAquarium.jpg

Also hope the pulse-pitching mode ones won't be to tough. As I said earlier, I don't think I'll enjoy that style of pitching too much. What are you guys hoping for?

• 2 weeks later...

There's no way they can incorporate Vita features into the PS3 trophy list. I also highly doubt they will have two separate lists. But you never know. I'm going to start asking nicely over the next day or two if they would be willing to spill any trophy info. I doubt anything will come from it.

But I will tell you this. Generally, the trophies get loaded into Sony's system a week or two before a game's release and we get the entire list and images quickly after. So, by my account, all the answers will be unveiled soon enough....hopefully.

They've been following the pretty same formula for a couple years now. They always highlight the new features so there will for sure be some trophies for the new DD mode. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an upload to the cloud trophy (you wouldn't need a VITA, the upload would pop the trophy), a couple more for the new ball physics. I think the pulse pitching trophy will probably be something like time 10 pitch deliveries in a row perfectly, kind of like last years guess 10 in a row.

When I read "Taking Out the Competition" I first thought of railroading the catcher, like the Buster Posey incident.

"Million Dollar Arm" reminded me of the story about the Pirates a couple years ago holding a reality show competition in India where the winning contestants were rewarded minor league contracts to try to pitch in america. A movie is in the works now too. Here's an old article about it.

Oww, why did you even bring that up. This still makes my stomach hurt. We would have won back to back with Posey.

I don't think a full year of Posey is a 8 WAR player, 6 maybe. Almost the whole Giants offense collapsed beside the Panda. They still needed people like Huff and Torres to show up for them to over take the D'backs.

The Giants 2010 season was so improbable and they peaked at the perfect time but to say they would have repeated is a real stretch.

Hitting a base with a batted ball will likely be this year's 'sell your body' trophy.

My goodness. I still go into convulsions, and get the shakes, thinking of that damn trophy. I STILL didn't get that shit!

I'm hoping that they don't recycle trophies the way the 2K series does.

I'm also hoping that ball physics are more realistic. I mostly play against the CPU, and it pisses me off to no end that visiting ballplayers ALWAYS play caroms perfectly off the outfield walls, no matter what. I can't stand that shit.

I agree with all that said that 'Take out the competition' trophy has to do with Verlander since he's on the cover of 2K12

Go Mets. Lol.

My goodness. I still go into convulsions, and get the shakes, thinking of that damn trophy. I STILL didn't get that shit!

I'm hoping that they don't recycle trophies the way the 2K series does.

I'm also hoping that ball physics are more realistic. I mostly play against the CPU, and it pisses me off to no end that visiting ballplayers ALWAYS play caroms perfectly off the outfield walls, no matter what. I can't stand that shit.

I agree with all that said that 'Take out the competition' trophy has to do with Verlander since he's on the cover of 2K12

Go Mets. Lol.

Na, you think it will sound impossible because you've never had happen in a game yet. Thats because the ball has never been scripted too. They've rewritten the physics of the ball to be more realistic, so it's actually possible to hit a base now. I have a good feeling it will happen at least once on your path to the platinum.

Anyone's local Best Buy have the game? I called mine up and they don't have it. They said its unlikely that store will get it either. If anyone could find out and post up this list that would be amazing.

Edited by Reys

Na, you think it will sound impossible because you've never had happen in a game yet. Thats because the ball has never been scripted too. They've rewritten the physics of the ball to be more realistic, so it's actually possible to hit a base now. I have a good feeling it will happen at least once on your path to the platinum.

Anyone's local Best Buy have the game? I called mine up and they don't have it. They said its unlikely that store will get it either. If anyone could find out and post up this list that would be amazing.

Hmm so best buy is where I should be looking for early releases?

Hmm so best buy is where I should be looking for early releases?

Even if they have them in stock and erroneously have them on the shelf big box stores (target, wally world, BB) are your least likely place to walk out the door with the game. Their computers/checkstands are programed by their headquarters and pop up a big window at checkout telling their customer service people that the game can't be sold yet.

I've heard that a few Walmarts have the game stocked on the shelves already.

The Vita version for sure. Stupid clerks just put all the Vita launch games on the shelf and assume that The Show is one of them. I'm actually surprised they've shipped already.

I see you asked the same question over on OS.;)

I was at BB today for other reasons so obviously I dropped by their demo station to see if they had it up, they didn't. Out of curiosity though I checked the trophy menu. It gave me a message saying something along the lines of "this feature is disabled when running in demo mode". I think we are out of luck. :(