Official Introduction

Bounty V

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9959/q872.jpg

My name is Jonathan Voudrie. I’m currently 21 and I live in East-Tennessee. I’ve been on the staff since the end of October 2012. Before I joined the staff I was active in the Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 clans as well as game nights and the anime/manga thread. Since joining the staff as a moderator, I also run PS3T Clan Central and manage all of the budding clans around PS3T.

Right now I’m attending my first semester at East-Tennessee State University (ETSU) and going for a Bachelor’s in General Psychology, with a Minor in Japanese. I graduated with Cum Laude from North East State Community College with an Associate’s Honor’s Degree in General TBR transfer to ETSU back in 2011, which basically means I got all of my general core class requirements out of the way and moved on to my Major-specific classes right away. On the side I deliver newspapers for the local newspaper as an independent carrier. This has me working from 2-5am on weekdays, and 3-7am on the weekends! Once I graduate from ETSU, I intend to dive into the missionary field in Phnom Penh Cambodia and minister to a church there for a year. You can find me playing Battlefield 4 with my brother, F1 2013 with League V5, Project Diva F when I need a break from the first two, and watching anime when I don’t feel like gaming.

In my free time I like to play video games with my brother, relax to some anime, ride my motorcycle (a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250), or fly my gorgeous DJI Phantom (an RC Helicopter). You’ll find me browsing PS3T and keeping the forums clean on top of all this, of course. I stopped watching TV years ago, but a couple of shows I’ve enjoyed over the years are Code Lyoko (my all-time favorite cartoon), The X-Files, Monk, JAG, Leverage, The Mentalist, and White Collar. I’m sure there’s more than that, but like I said, I don’t watch TV anymore :whistle: While I could go on forever about movies, I’ve seen most of the major movie franchises/series such as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, various super hero movies, and other sci-fi favorites such as Star Trek, Avatar, and Alien. I enjoy a wide range of movies, ranging from The Boondock Saints, to Secondhand Lions. I’m looking forward to the upcoming Thor movie that is out this Friday in the States, as well as The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. To counter-balance my lack of watching TV, I’ve seen a ton of anime. By a ton, I mean over 290 different animes. If I had to make a top 10, it would probably consist of:

• Another
  • Attack on Titan
  • Eden of the East
  • Fate Series (Fate/Stay Night, Unlimited Bladeworks, Fate/Zero)
  • Jyu-Oh-Sei
  • Kokoro Connect
  • Nurarihyon no Mago
  • Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru So Desu yo?
  • Shakugan no Shana
  • XXXHOLiC

To talk about music is to first talk about my musical background. Growing up all I listened to was classical and contemporary music, and when I turned 8 years old I started playing violin. Playing the violin for 8 years I continued to listen to classical music and it wasn’t until I quit around the age of 16 that I started to branch out into different genres of music. Having said that, there’s plenty of groups I’ve never heard or heard of, and plenty of ‘hits’ I don’t know exist. In the past 5 years I’ve found my tastes in music are very wide and range from heavy metal all the way to psychedelic trance, dubstep, and of course classical.

I mainly listen to soundtracks to movies, video games, and anime, as well as various genres of music. Apart from a small handful of groups I listen to which I’ll mention in a moment, my tastes aren’t group/artist specific and a majority of the songs I listen to are all done by a different artist. In some cases I find that the one particular song I like by an artist is unique and none of their other songs fit my taste, for some other reason none of their songs are enjoyable, or I just haven’t looked into more of their stuff.

Apocalyptica. I forget how long ago I started listening to them, but I do know I was introduced to their music while attending a small concert in D.C. where four cellists were performing music by different groups. Apocalpytica is a heavy metal group consisting of four cellists and a drummer originating out of Finland. Their first official album was a cover album with some popular songs by Metallica, and they have since produced multiple albums of their own original content. One of my favorite songs by Apocalyptica is from their most recent album and called “2010”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGQ4rpOKEAI]2010[/ame]

Infected Mushroom. Like Apocalyptica, I don’t remember when I started listening to IM, but I do believe the first song of theirs I heard was Becoming Insane. It wasn’t until recently that I found out the group was two guys from Israel, and based on Becoming Insane had always assumed the group was Mexican or Spanish. IM’s music is all psychedelic trance, with some dubstep influence as well. Each album they produce has a different feel, which really makes their music too unique to pin under one genre (at least in my opinion). My favorite song by IM has to be Franks, specifically after the 4:48 mark.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Epic Music. Epic Music is a genre and consist of trailer music – movie trailers, tv show trailers, video game trailers, random awesome songs played during a tv show; you name it they’re in it. A majority of ‘epic music’ is mostly classical with choir, but has some electronic and rock roots as well. The main groups I listen to are Two Steps from Hell, Audiomachine, E.S. Posthumous, and an individual named Mark Petrie. I listen to more groups than that, but those are the main ones. Here’s a couple of my favorite songs.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Linkin Park. Yes, feel free to laugh. The first album of theirs I got was Hybrid Theory, but didn’t truly enjoy their music until I got Meteora. All of their music since that album has been awesome, but I just can’t seem to get into Hybrid Theory or before that. As I mentioned before listing groups I listen to, I listen to quite a few different songs by different people, this just happens to be one of those groups I looked into and found I enjoyed more of their stuff. My favorite song is Jornada del Muerto. The lyrics are in Japanese, and I actually wrote a fictional piece inspired by the song.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

On top of everything else I’ve mentioned thus far, I like to write. I haven’t written any big works, and a lot of my writing has just been a couple very short stories about a fictional character I created named Jorgesh la’Horn. Someday I’d love to write a book about him, but that day is far far away.

Due to my strong will and a preference to do things my way, I’m extremely picky when it comes to food. Some people might say they only like certain types of food. I take that even further by narrowing it down to a specific item from a specific brand for the types of foods I eat. Having said that, I’ll just mention the types of foods I like to eat and you can safely assume everything else is probably a dislike. I like pizza, hot dogs, corndogs, fishsticks, chicken nuggets, hamburgers, chicken (in general), tacos, steak (and the various ways it can be cooked), eggs, sausage, bacon, spaghetti, mac n cheese, ramen noodles, turkey, mashed potatoes, fries, tater tots, and hash browns. There’s probably more than that, but you get the idea. Fries wise, I particularly enjoy Checker’s/Rally’s fries

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2bxei5X6O1qd591mo1_400.jpg

I’m not too fussed when it comes to desserts or snack food, though I prefer salty/savory over sweet so you’re more likely to see me munching on chips (crisps) than chugging down ice cream.

My favorite color is periwinkle. It’s a variation of purple and looks more like a tart blue. Can’t really say why or when I started liking the color, but I do know that in my area there’s a flower and a very small butterfly that are both entirely periwinkle. Aren’t really any colors I dislike, though like with everything else some colors mixed together can look gaudy. For the past few years my favorite style of clothing consisted of black leather, but currently I don’t have a particular style so I guess I would call it casual clothing?

Growing up I’ve never had any major injuries or sickness, and the few times I do get sick (typically a cold, or every once in a while a stomach bug) I seem to get over it fairly quickly. When I was about 6 or 7 a neighbor kid pushed me out a tree headfirst and I got a green-stem fracture on my right arm, which is my only claim to pain fame.

As some of you may have noticed, I’m a different person than when I first joined the forums, or even when I first joined the staff. Instead of adding more to this massive wall of text I’ve amassed, I’ll let a video of my testimony do the explaining:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

No matter where you are in life, what you’ve been through, or what you’re currently going through, going to therapy can help. The more you can learn about yourself the better you can approach things and have a healthier mind overall. Going forward in life, short term I aim to improve myself in knowledge, experience, and emotional growth as I learn more about what makes me tick as well as the various things I am good at and enjoy. Long(er) term I hope to get my Bachelor’s Degree by the start of 2016, and I would like to get married before I’m 30.

Edited by Bounty V

A belated :welcome: to the forum. You don't have many hobbies in common with me, the only one being Lego which I absolutely loved playing with and never read the instructions BTW. :p It's that subject that got me to sign-up to my first forum in 2008, it was lego forum and I left two days later and never came back. Fortunately it's not the same with this site though, as it seems to be the only forum I can stay active on.

I've used the site, and been active in the forums, for almost a year (will be a year come April 30th) but never posted a welcome here, so figured I might as well :D

Lately I've become an avid trophy hunter, gaining probably well over 15 platinums in the last year - all thanks to the awesome trophy guides this site has. Right now I'm currently playing:

• Mass Effect 3
  • Dead Space 2
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Ico
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Tales of Graces f

Site-wise, I'm an Officer for the official PS3T BF3 clan, which can be found here, as well as Leader of the official PS3T MW3 clan, which can be found here.

My real life hobbies are few, but spread over many topics. I played violin for a good 8 years before losing interest and taking up tumbling (also known as acrobatics). I never really took any classes for tumbling, it was mostly just goofing around on a trampoline and eventually taking the tricks to the ground. Another outdoor hobby is archery, though with more houses being built in my subdivision, it's becoming more and more difficult to continue that hobby. My Uncle and I sometimes go out and play some Disc Golf (aka Frisbee Golf) as there are 3 local disc courses we can choose from. I also enjoy riding motorcycles, and have a 2004 dark blue Kawasaki Ninja 250. Gear wise, my pride and joy would most definitely have to be my amazing pair of Knox Handroid Armour gloves:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQXvW9haN_znpGP5V0rS40xw1krCw7_9OYS8tZ6dhiQ1PzG9jByw

One thing I really enjoyed growing up, and something I'd love to continue if the prices didn't skyrocket are Legos; particularly Star Wars Legos. I have a pretty large collection, which are all the sets I've gained over the years from Birthdays, Christmases, or my own money. The prize of my collection would definitely have to be the set I got myself for my 16th Birthday - Ultimate Collector's Series Star Destroyer #10030:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg69/scaled.php?server=69&filename=p1010335j.jpg&res=crop

Media-wise I really enjoy anime, and I've seen over 170 different anime. For other anime lovers, here's my list of anime: BountyV's Anime List - Anime-Planet

As I'm sure you've guessed, Bounty_V is my PSN, but I'm sure you'd love to know where I got the name from. Before getting my PS3 (a 120gb slim), I was an avid 360 player, and before that I had an original Xbox. During those Xbox years, I got introduced to Halo at my cousins' house - the first FPS I ever played. Not only that, I was good; undefeated throughout my entire stay at my cousins' :D

Soon after, I got the game myself and a few months later come the Superbowl, my local Church (Tennessee is part of the "Bible Belt") was hosting a Superbowl party/Halo 2 tournament. Yes, a Halo 2 tournament, at a Church. At the tournament, we got split into teams, then were asked to come up with usernames we'd play under for the tournament. After much thought, I came up with the name "Bounty".

My team had the bad luck of playing against the best team first off, and we didn't get any further in the tournament, and I alone stood out from my team, earning quite a few compliments from the winning team. After that, the name Bounty just stuck, and I used it as my Xbox Gamertag, adding a "V" to the end to represent my last name (which starts with a V).

Another thing unique about me is my birth date - I was born in a leap year on Friday the 13th of March; left-handed.

Music-wise, I listened to solely classical until I was 15 and have been playing 'catch up' ever since. That said, I still tend to enjoy classically-oriented music, but have found a few bands I enjoy. Here's a few off the top of my head:

• Infected Mushroom
  • Disturbed
  • Linkin Park
  • Evanescence
  • Apocalyptica
  • Shiny Toy Guns

There's also singles by various groups I enjoy listening to, as well as anime music (Opening/Ending songs).

It's been said I have a knack for writing, and there's a fictional 'series' I've been writing, if you use the term series loosely :p The series centers around a mysterious main character who goes by the name Jorgesh la'Horn, and you might see a book published someday. For those of you curious to know more, or to perhaps read some of my stuff, check my website: Jorgesh Short Stories | Jorgesh Blog

The website itself is a mess, mainly because a) I'm lazy and b) have no clue what I want it to look like.

Well, I guess that about wraps it up. You'll definitely continue to see me around the site, and while I probably won't accept any PSN friend requests due to leaving spots open for the BF3/MW3 clans, feel free to send me a visitor message or befriend me here. Cheers!

I see you around often. Hello again. Introduction wasnt really needed, but its nice to know a little bit more about you

Ooh, nice read, especially the anime. I still need to get back into it all. I still haven't made an official thread in this section or anywhere yet lol since I don't like saying just a little about myself. I might make one soon and load it with random crap about myself.

Hello Guys,

I am newbie on this site and i love to play games online free...

Well :welcome: to the site then! You'll have to check out Dust 514 - it's a free upcoming FPS exclusively for the PS3!

Ooh, nice read, especially the anime. I still need to get back into it all. I still haven't made an official thread in this section or anywhere yet lol since I don't like saying just a little about myself. I might make one soon and load it with random crap about myself.

Glad to see my idea of an introduction branching out :D I'm currently watching One Piece as I type this...I'm on episode 21 :whistle:

Welcome to the site! :p

I never made an introductory post when I signed up, by the time I noticed this section of the forum I figured that 200+ posts was a little late for an official hello lol.

I disagree. It's never too late for an introduction. If anything, the more you post, the more reason you have to make one as people might want to know more about you :D

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/746/n1454692974605.jpg

I've used the site, and been active in the forums, for almost a year (will be a year come April 30th) but never posted a welcome here, so figured I might as well :D

Lately I've become an avid trophy hunter, gaining probably well over 15 platinums in the last year - all thanks to the awesome trophy guides this site has. Right now I'm currently playing:

• Mass Effect 3
  • Dead Space 2
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Ico
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Tales of Graces f

Site-wise, I'm an Officer for the official PS3T BF3 clan, which can be found here, as well as Leader of the official PS3T MW3 clan, which can be found here.

My real life hobbies are few, but spread over many topics. I played violin for a good 8 years before losing interest and taking up tumbling (also known as acrobatics). I never really took any classes for tumbling, it was mostly just goofing around on a trampoline and eventually taking the tricks to the ground.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg534/scaled.php?server=534&filename=180frontflipair.jpg&res=crop http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg855/scaled.php?server=855&filename=tumblingbackflip.jpg&res=crop

Another outdoor hobby is archery, though with more houses being built in my subdivision, it's becoming more and more difficult to continue that hobby. My Uncle and I hiked quite a bit last Summer, and might do so again this year :D Check out some pics I took: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/bounty-v-albums-hikes.html

My Uncle and I sometimes go out and play some Disc Golf (aka Frisbee Golf) as there are 3 local disc courses we can choose from. I also enjoy riding motorcycles, and have a 2004 dark blue Kawasaki Ninja 250. Gear wise, my pride and joy would most definitely have to be my amazing pair of Knox Handroid Armour gloves:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQXvW9haN_znpGP5V0rS40xw1krCw7_9OYS8tZ6dhiQ1PzG9jByw

One thing I really enjoyed growing up, and something I'd love to continue if the prices didn't skyrocket are Legos; particularly Star Wars Legos. I have a pretty large collection, which are all the sets I've gained over the years from Birthdays, Christmases, or my own money. The prize of my collection would definitely have to be the set I got myself for my 16th Birthday - Ultimate Collector's Series Star Destroyer #10030:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg69/scaled.php?server=69&filename=p1010335j.jpg&res=crop

Media-wise I really enjoy anime, and I've seen over 170 different anime. For other anime lovers, here's my list of anime: BountyV's Anime List - Anime-Planet

As I'm sure you've guessed, Bounty_V is my PSN, but I'm sure you'd love to know where I got the name from. Before getting my PS3 (a 120gb slim), I was an avid 360 player, and before that I had an original Xbox. During those Xbox years, I got introduced to Halo at my cousins' house - the first FPS I ever played. Not only that, I was good; undefeated throughout my entire stay at my cousins' :D

Soon after, I got the game myself and a few months later come the Superbowl, my local Church (Tennessee is part of the "Bible Belt") was hosting a Superbowl party/Halo 2 tournament. Yes, a Halo 2 tournament, at a Church. At the tournament, we got split into teams, then were asked to come up with usernames we'd play under for the tournament. After much thought, I came up with the name "Bounty".

My team had the bad luck of playing against the best team first off, and we didn't get any further in the tournament, and I alone stood out from my team, earning quite a few compliments from the winning team. After that, the name Bounty just stuck, and I used it as my Xbox Gamertag, adding a "V" to the end to represent my last name (which starts with a V).

Another thing unique about me is my birth date - I was born in a leap year on Friday the 13th of March; left-handed.

Music-wise, I listened to solely classical until I was 15 and have been playing 'catch up' ever since. That said, I still tend to enjoy classically-oriented music, but have found a few bands I enjoy. Here's a few off the top of my head:

• Infected Mushroom
  • Disturbed
  • Linkin Park
  • Evanescence
  • Apocalyptica
  • Shiny Toy Guns

There's also singles by various groups I enjoy listening to, as well as anime music (Opening/Ending songs).

It's been said I have a knack for writing, and there's a fictional 'series' I've been writing, if you use the term series loosely :p The series centers around a mysterious main character who goes by the name Jorgesh la'Horn, and you might see a book published someday. For those of you curious to know more, or to perhaps read some of my stuff, check my website: Jorgesh Short Stories | Jorgesh Blog

The website itself is a mess, mainly because a) I'm lazy and b) have no clue what I want it to look like.

Well, I guess that about wraps it up. You'll definitely continue to see me around the site, and while I probably won't accept any PSN friend requests due to leaving spots open for the BF3/MW3 clans, feel free to send me a visitor message or befriend me here. Cheers!

Wow you added more pictures?

Great job, this is a good read. Definitely have a better idea of who you are after reading this. Makes me wonder if I ever made an intro...:think:

Surprisingly, Halo tournaments and churches seem to go hand-in-hand since they were commonplace here in Georgia too. And holy shit! You got the Star Destroyer :eek: By the time that released I was already slipping away from Legos, but that had caught my eye. I'm curious as to how extensive your Star Wars Lego collection is; it probably beats mine hands down :p

Great job, this is a good read. Definitely have a better idea of who you are after reading this. Makes me wonder if I ever made an intro...:think:

Surprisingly, Halo tournaments and churches seem to go hand-in-hand since they were commonplace here in Georgia too. And holy shit! You got the Star Destroyer :eek: By the time that released I was already slipping away from Legos, but that had caught my eye. I'm curious as to how extensive your Star Wars Lego collection is; it probably beats mine hands down :p

I think this has a good deal of what I own...never really bothered to tag EVERY LEGO SET I own though. LEGO Sets owned by bounty v | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database

Then if this link works you can see a good deal of my Star Wars sets: ImageShack® - Register