My Tier 1 Mission 10 "Rescue the Rescuers" Walkthrough

dz06lt

I finished Tier 1 mode last night, I originally was having trouble with this mission so i wanted to see if I could help some of you guys/gals out.

First you need to realize what you have with this mission, I will break it down into 4 parts(Opening/Caves/Camp/Endgame). But before I do that here are some basic tips:

• DO NOT discard your Shotgun you have 100 rounds and it destroys.
  • Set your Machinegun to Single fire you have over 300 rounds but you wont even need 100 of them. Use this for headshots only save it for the end.
  • If you are hurt get prone behind cover.
  • Dont worry about the timer you should be able to finish in 20mins or less unless you screw up part 3.
  • Save your Grenades you might not even need them but hold them for part 4

Opening: (Timing Mission) You may only need to kill a handful of people, your primary objective is to move up and wait. I used only the pistol in this part but you can use the shotty if you need to.

First set machine gun to single fire run out of the chopper, fill grenades at the box. Next rush to the cover to cover till you get to the first soflamp position. Wait for the eagles to buz then you will be told to target bunker one.

Once the bunker is destoryed move up this is where you will need to kill 1-5 guys to get to the boulder(next cover spot) push on to soflamp position 2 and just wait until instructed to use it. Once the bunker is destroyed rush to the caves. (Time 3-4mins)

Caves: (Limited Combat) Here is where you should primarilly use the shotgun. You can use the machine gun if needed bit you shouldnt.

Your goal here is to clear the caves and regroup, Rush in and fire on all targets the shotty should make easy work of your opponents. You shouldnt need to be overly careful(until the ambush) becuase the shotty is so powerful.

Once you reach the ambush DO NOT FALL BACK INTO THE DARKNESS. Push in and cover behind the main piller on your left. Once there face left and aim up and take out the 2 talibans who rush you. Next turn and get 1-2 guys on the right side, then back to the left after 1-2 more kills you will be told to push on. Do use the shotty to take out the rest of your foes and push on the the meet. Time (7mins)

Camp: (Heavy combat with infinite enemies) This part should give you the most trouble and cost you the most time. You NEED to push on as best you can because if you dont you might be pressed for time(Infinite enemies). Use the shotgun and your machine gun to get distance headshots.

First always take the hight path. You need to use cover and watch out for grenades here. You will have a good spot to start clearing out the guys on the hight path, you will be here a few mins but once you see a clearing you need to push on. Head down and to the main rock there will be a few guys you need to take out before you can move on to the next part of the camp.

What i did next is take the left or high path again take out as many guys around the crates as possible. You will need to do your best to get to the crates use cover and be careful. Once you have cleared out this part you will be told to push onward.

Again take the high path use cover take out the guys one by one dont rush in because you will be ambushed. Once you clear this out you will be to the final part of the mission. You should also be just about out of shotty ammo. This is NO PROBLEM, You should still have over 300 rounds in your machine gun(you shouldnt need more than 50 rounds if that. Buddy Boost to the final section(Time: 11-14 mins) if you are behind this time by 5 mins dont worry the last section is cake.

Endgame: (Timed mission Limited combat) This section should take you 5-7 mins to complete use your machine gun. In this section there will be 4 cover points you need to use. When in cover DO NOT stick your ass out unless you are shooting or you will be RPG'd and pretty pissed off to boot.

As soon as you get rabbits plate rush up around the corner. DO NOT rush to the rock cover on the right side you WILL be ambushed. Instead push up to the first cover on the left(Cover point 1). Here you will need to kill 2-4 ambushers. Once you do move to the next cover.

Cover point 2 is right in front of you. Here is where you need to watch out for round one of RPG's. Once in cover wait for the RPG smoke as soon as you it take him out. At this point you should be able to push on to cover point 3. You can hang out here and wait for another RPG but I would reccomend just pushing on to the next cover.

Cover point 3 is the hard cover around the corner at the very top of the hill. DO NOT take cover behind the rocks on the right its destructable and you likley will not survive. While in cover wait for the last 2-3 RPG'ers move back and forth behind the cover until they appear and you take them down. Do not even bother with the turret guy.

Once you get the last RPG guy move on to cover point 4(the first cover to the left of where you are right now) Once here you are in the clear and will most likley pass the mission. As soon as you get there go prone and just start chucking grenades at the bunker. What you are doing now is waiting for the chatter about the CIA predator, it shouldnt take more than a minute.

Once the predator fires do not move until instructed, Run to the bunker and enter. Stay behind your squad becuase there is a lurker in there once they clear him they tell you to bust the door.(Time 15-20mins)

Assuming that you saved this mission for last you just got......

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/396/44.jpg

(The trophy should pop as soon as you bust the door)

Edited by dz06lt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the guide mate, helped a shedload! Took me a few tries, but that was only because I was an idiot and got hit just after the cave, but once I followed what you wrote it was smooth sailing. Got the platinum as my 1000th trophy, and I am DONE with this game. :dance:

Damn kool you got 1000th trophy by kickin this annoing games ass. Congrats.:applause:

Edit: Sorry forgot to thank to OP. Great guide. :)

Edited by murtancan

Thats guys, I just wanted to try to give back for all the help this site and members have given me. As for belly of the beast i was able to finish that in one go, so maybe i will play it a bit this weekend and write a similar guide for that mission.

Ditto. I attempted BoTB this morning and got it on my first try. Also, if you can, try doing this for all the missions and you have my sticky support. The other one seems a bit incomplete when compared to this.

I thought this mission was actually quite easy, use the rifle (1shot) til you get to the cave area and pick up the PKM outside (discarding shotgun), and just keep pushing on from there.

The flare section isn't as hard as people make out, just use the box for cover and take out the guy who runs straight for you, then just duck in and out of cover taking out enemies with the PKM.

And for the final section, before you make your way up the cliff, take out all the RPGers (look for the smoke), then make your way up and use the rocks at the top for cover taking out anyone you can see, when it's safe move up to the first wall and it should initiate the conversation about the pred missile, then just wait :p

What I do for the part with the red flare is to use my built-in grenade launcher on my M4 and shoot at the crates the enemies are hiding behind and shoot the guy on the left. When you see that flare, make absolutely sure you take out the guy on the left and from the middle who'll run at you and Mother cause they'll instantly take you out if you don't take them out first;)

I attempted this mission yesterday and completed it on probably my third try, but I encountered something strange on one of my walkthroughs.

After you exit the cave and encounter enemies on the "second big area", I took the right path (furthest away from the uphill path: If you take the left path, you are just a turn away from the high route). I noticed that enemies kept on spawning continuously, so much so that they would come to breathing distance of mine. I still continued and decided to sprint through the middle and take the high route. My teammates never followed me, and enemies kept spawning endlessly even though I had almost reached the position where you get a buddy-boost. And BAM, somebody headshot me out of nowhere.

Edited by EEHHHHHH

Had a bit of trouble with this mission and BotB. Put the game down for a couple of days to clear frustrations. Fired it up this morning after a few green teas and bashed out both back to back on the first try. Initial loadout weapons are awesome here too, shotgun in the caves and also used it when pushing up in the unlimited enemy sections. M4 with ACOG elsewhere. Occasionally used pistol to conserve a little ammo when it seemed appropriate.

Basically, just stay calm and don't stress if it's not working out. Go play something that's actually halfway enjoyable and come back to it =)

Oh, and if anyone does get to writing an indepth BotB guide, it appears the final fight at the hut is timed, so as long as you get to the rigged one by about 16:00 you'll be fine if you live. I stayed outside the hut the whole time, around the far back corner of it, near the solid grey rock. Sprinted there as soon as I regained control from the explosion. Well covered area and gives easy shots on half the enemies coming down the hill, and way too easy to adjust for the left side rush/ambush. Teammates seem to favor covering the right side which has your back in safety too. Just be sure to arrive with plenty of SAW ammo still. I used my pistol till I could pick up an AK and ran through most of the level with that. Or a PKM would do too. I only used the SAW at the mounted gun and final hut and finished with loads of ammo left, 2-3 shot bursts, I suck at headshots so there is definitely time to complete as long as you stay proactive in clearing/moving between areas.

In the last part, before entering the last cave. Take up a vantage point on the upper left side behind the rocks/ wall....headshodgallore. The enemy will spawn behind the machinegun and will take it up......

On the first attemp well under partime but no medal, wtf, but it still put up my time on the leaderbord. Second attempt, messed up. 3e time, finally.....