Single player story- possible slight spoiler.

rally808

Damn.

I think that was a pretty DAMN AWESOME singleplayer and ending.

Im not a big single player fan but i REALLY liked this one. It had a really cool realistic feel/meaning to it.

No generic, familiar, "We won!!" type of ending.

The end gave me a feeling like they where saying a public service announcement. Like, "Yes, this is how it is." Its not fight hard play hard, its war sucks, this is what is going on over there.

That's kind of what i took from it. Also, im not a big patriotic "America!!!" type of person and this made me think (a little) about whats happening in our world... well i will stop talking like an idiot haha.

Again, i loved it..

I like the lack of a HUD, unless u pressed up. It made it feel really cinematic.

And again i dont understand the bad reviews this game got. I am giving the single player a 8/10. Im not going to discuss multi-player because this post is about the single player.

I do think it could have been longer. And as much as im not a big COD fan (dont get me wrong, they are good and fun, but to me COD is very arcadey) i wish dangerclose put in another part to the game like the spec ops type mini missions/challenges.

So did u guys like it as much as i did? or did u find it to be dull?

I know some people really like BIG victory type endings that make you feel like YOU won and made a big difference (COD style lol).

PS: sorry for throwing in the Call of Duty references, but people will do it anyways and the games ARE somewhat similar.

Edited by rally808

Completely agree. I enjoyed the campaign and my only real complaint was some technique problems. I'd still give it an 8 in spite of those problems.

Technique problems?

I know people complained about freezes/lag/frame-rate issues, but i never saw it. The only time i did was towards the end when u grab that Gatling/mini-gun/Vulcan in the chopper. it started to slowdown..but i realized, it was also saving during that part. So i paused it and then unpaused it after the save was complete

Technique problems?

I know people complained about freezes/lag/frame-rate issues, but i never saw it. The only time i did was towards the end when u grab that Gatling/mini-gun/Vulcan in the chopper. it started to slowdown..but i realized, it was also saving during that part. So i paused it and then unpaused it after the save was complete

I had quite a bit of slow down throughout the campaign and also a few flat textures that took a little while to smooth out.

ya i have heard poeple talk about these but like i said i havent had any big problems.

only texture thing i noticed was once during one of the last misions (daytime, sand/tan colored area). 1 enemy i came across around a rock was all black for a second.

Im not complaining about anything in this game, but i really hope the game gets bigger/more popular so that they can make some fixes and have dlc.

I think they need a few more maps and some more weapons. i also want an option to choose between a few pistols. Like being able to choose between a 9mm (Beretta m9, S&W M&P) a .45(colt1911, HK USP, springfield tacticle) and so on...

... i like pistols :) lol. ive shot an m9, a custom 1911, and a Glock 23 .40.

Baretta m9's are sweet. They feel great and the accuracy is good. The recoil is minimal also. 1911's and the glock .40 are just like "BBAAAMMM" lol. those are powerful guns.

sorry for that useless info i just gave you haha

The frame rate/lag were the only issues I had, and they weren't even that bad.

This was a more realistic and closer to home story. Would have been nice to see the British forces get a part in this game, since we're out there too. Though that doesn't bother me as much.

This story definitely had a more serious approach than Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I enjoyed it a lot more than both those games because of this.

They gave the message that 'War is hell, and it never ends.'

The ending of the game gave me goosebumps. Loved it! <3

This story definitely had a more serious approach than Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I enjoyed it a lot more than both those games because of this.

Well also this game was made to be realistic gameplay wise and story wise. The story in definitely didn't happen, but it is the kind of stuff going on and it is just a MUCH more realistic story. Where as mw2 was complete fiction, as well as bc2

I also enjoyed it more than i thought i would after reading through the initial reactions to this game. The downsides for me were some of the technical issues mentioned, and the way some parts were scripted felt like you were being forced down a specific path, i didn't feel this as much in the recent COD campaigns. I did like the level variations in both gameplay and settings. I also thought the graphics were better than i think people have been saying.

The game overall is far from terrible, but i'm a little underwhelmed after all the hype it was given. I played BBC2 and MW2 for months after they were initially released, though i'm wondering whether i will still have this by the time Black Ops and the BBC2 Vietnam add-on come out :think:

Edited by Byrney

I just completed the game about 10 minutes ago...I started the campaign the day I got it, Tuesday, and got about 15 minutes into it and just went to multiplayer. I couldn't get into the single player AT ALL...then I just decided to dedicate myself to finishing and boy...am I glad I pushed through. The storyline was great and the ending was something I wasn't expecting at all. I really felt it tug on my wee lil' heart strings. It was great and I'm glad I picked it up. But after the little bit on dedications to the men and women of the service, the cut scene, does this hint towards a MoH 2? Hmm...:think:

One thing about the campaign I enjoyed was the fact it felt real, I kinda the felt the desperation at the end of Belly of the Beast and I was getting flustered at the ending.

MW2 campaign felt like the video game equivalent of a Michael Bay movie. All explosions, but no substance.

BC2 campaign simply wasn't serious enough or rather they took away what was charming about BC1 and just turned it on its side. BC1 had an identity. These guys are a bunch of screw-ups but they get shit done. I guess the video game equivalent of "Stripes." BC2 seems as if it was lost somewhere in the middle of BC1 and trying to be serious like MW1.

I hope Danger Close makes a sequel and maybe have DICE try again with the multiplayer but I think they really need to stick to what they are good at or work together with Danger Close on Multi, I miss the sliding in the multiplayer, maybe they can make the game more tactical as opposed to Arcade.

This COD-esque style really bothers me; I understand the attempt to snake away some of COD's user-base but at the same time, they need to think about their BF fans. But I have supported DICE ever since BF2 so I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt.