(B)7
/
(S)4
/
(G)1

- Additional accessories required:
Secondary controller for Co-op

Introduction:

Matt Hazard: Blood, Bath and Beyond is a 2D Shooter with depth (as in you can shoot into the screen), 2.5D if you like. It's a rather short game (1.5-2 hours for each playthrough), and you have to play through the game at least two times, plus chapter select (Quick Play) to get the last trophies. A few of the trophies might prove difficult, however, anyone that wants a fairly fast 100% or is a Matt Hazard fan, should get this game.

PLEASE NOTE: You need TWO CONTROLLERS to 100% this game.

Step 1 - First playthrough on co-op

You have to complete the game in co-op mode to get the "My buddy and me" and the "Your Life For Mine" trophies. For the first one, simply complete the game in co-op mode. There is no way around using two controllers, but you can do it alone. Refer to "My buddy and me" and "Your Life For Mine" in the trophyguide for details.

Step 2 - Score and Collectible playthrough

In this playthrough, you will focus on not dying, killing as many enemies as possible in a row (to boost your score) and get all the collectibles. Your goal is to get 500 000 points on this playthrough, which is not as hard as it might sound. Refer to the "Score" trophy for details on how to get it easy. Also focus on getting all the collectibles. Generally, this means shooting every enemy for the pachinko coins and shooting every box for the game boxes. There are ten pachinko coins and three game boxes on each level. Look at "Come On Down!" for a videoguide for all collectibles.

Step 3 - Clean up

You most likely have a few trophies left at this stage. Simply check what trophies you are missing and refer to the trophyguide on how to get them.

(G) Game completion trophies (G)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/318/05.jpgHalf Way There (B)

Complete half the game.

Complete the first four levels in this game to get this trophy. This trophy can be unlocked both in singleplayer and in co-op and on any difficulty level. It will pop in the mission complete screen.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/318/02.jpgStick That In Your Archive (B)

Complete the game in single player mode.

Complete all the levels in the game on any difficulty level in single player. There is no need to play this game on higher difficulty levels later, so feel free to play on Wussy. Below is a list of the levels and trophies you can get during those chapters. Refer to the specific trophies for details on how to get those.

Level (trophynames if relevant):

The Hate Boat ("Smooth sailing")

Booty Call ("Lights Out")

Oh. Canada. ("Its Aboot Time")

Dismember the Alamo

Well FU, Too ("With honor")

Whose Mine is it Anyway?

Zoom, Pow... ("Houston, We Have Perfection")

...to the Moon!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/318/04.jpgMy buddy and me (S)

Complete the game in Co-op mode.

This trophy requires two controllers! This trophy also glitches for some people More info here.

You have to complete this game in co-op mode to get this trophy and you need two controllers as this game only has co-op locally. Simply play through all chapters with a friend, or let the second character die so that you can play as if it was singleplayer. You have unlimited continues so you don't need to worry about dying.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/318/06.jpgScore (S)

Reach 500,000 points.

This should have been the hardest trophy in the game, but instead, it's quite easy. During the start of 'Zoom, Pow...', which is level 7, your objective is to reach a spaceship, and you will notice a timer appear which means you have to reach a higher level before it runs out. However, if you don't get there in time, you will return to the start of the level, but the points you gathered will remain. So with no penalty what so ever, repeat this process until you get 500 000 points and the trophy will pop. You don't need to finish the game in order to get this trophy.

Note: You don't get too many points during the part I described above, so during the first 6 levels, you will want to get as many points as possible. Make sure you do really well on level 1 as you can get more than 100K points on that level alone. Keep in mind that each time you use continue, you will lose 5,000 points, so try not too die to often either.

Edited by Pesico

(G) Chapter based trophies (G)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/318/09.jpgIts Aboot Time (B)

Complete 'Oh. Canada' in 12 minutes.

This trophy is not hard at all. You don't even need to be all that fast, but that doesn't mean you should take it easy either. Obviously, play on Wussy and try to be as effective as you can. I played at a rather normal speed and when I got to the boss, the clock showed close to 10 minutes. The boss is where the key to this trophy lies. Spam grenades on him by pushing the :r2: button in quick succession and then just let him kill you as fast as possible. Rinse and repeat and when you run out of lives, just click continue. It took me less than 90 seconds to kill the boss this way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcyhOiU-uoc]YouTube- Its Aboot Time - Matt Hazard - Blood, Bath and Beyond[/ame]

NOTE: Due to the penalty received when using continue, I recommend you don't follow this method during your "Score" run. olsen77 suggested this method that will take down the boss fast without losing to many lives:

"There's an easy way to kill the boss. Basically, run right up to it and kneel right in front of it. Get as close as you can until you can't move forward anymore and start spamming . The boss will shoot fire at you. This first time, you'll get hit. After you die once, go back and get in the same position. This time when fire is shot at you, you won't get hit at all. The only time you will get hit are the random times when the helicopter shoots you. You'll have more than enough health to make it through though".

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/318/11.jpgSmooth sailing (B)

Complete 'The Hate Boat' without using a continue.

You have to play through the entire first level without losing all your lives, which means, if the continue screen comes up, you have to retry the level. It's a long level with a lot of enemies. Make sure you don't do any silly mistakes and as in the first Eat Lead, 'Shoot everything that moves'. This will help you get more health and lives, and if you manage to have all your lives intact by the time you get to the boss, this should be a cakewalk.

During the boss battle, make sure you pick up the machine gun ammo, and that you shoot the missiles before they hit you. When he shoots regular fire at you, stay on top of the platforms and jump if necessary.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/318/10.jpgLights out (B)

Defeat the level 2 boss 'Old Berney' without losing a life.

To get this trophy, you have to kill the boss in level 2, Booty Call, without losing a life. The bossfight consists of three parts.

Part 1: This is a rather easy part. 'Old Berney' will toss an anchor at you. While you shoot at the boss, pay attention to the top. You will see the anchor come off the top of Old Berney's head, which means you have to move to the right to avoid getting hit. Now you have to shoot at the anchor, while also killing some enemies that will come into the screen at this time. Try to kill the enemies immediately, and if they fire at you, make sure you avoid being hit. You need all the health you can get.

Part 2: In part 2, Old Berney will shoot missiles at you. Make sure to kill any enemies as soon as possible so you can focus on the missiles without worrying about any enemies. Hold down :r1: or :l1: and then shoot the missiles before they hit you. This will re-direct the missiles to hit Old Berney. This part should go through rather quickly.

Part 3: This is the part that it might get a little tricky. Make sure you have saved up your Maximum Hazard boost, and click :triangle: if you should need it during this part. This part is similar to part 2, but in addition, you will sometimes be 'confused', which means the controllers are reversed. Left is right, and right is left. olsen77 had this to say about this part:

"There's a door on the floor of the boat. It has a dark stripe on the right and left sides of it. During the third part, stay right on top of the strip on the right. If you hold :down: when the light flashes, you'll shoot straight up and take out one of the cannon balls falling on you and you won't get damaged. Also save your Maximum Hazard boost until the third part and use it if you're not lined up properly".

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/318/12.jpgWith honor (B)

Melee 10 Samurai in 'Well FU too'

In the level 'Well FU too', you'll have to melee 10 Samurais. The Samurais are the people with Samurai swords and red capes and hat. To melee an enemy, stand close to the enemy and press :square:.

(G) Miscellenous trophies (G)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/318/01.jpgYour Life For Mine (B)

Steal a life from a buddy, he doesn't need it.

In a co-op game, make sure you lose all your lifes, then you have to push :square: and :cross: at the same time. This will take a life from your buddy so that you can start playing again. Player one (Matt Hazard) is the one that has to die, and then steal the life.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/318/08.jpgHouston, We Have Perfection (G)

Take no damage to the Landing Pod and land perfectly on the landing pad.

This is probably the hardest trophy in the game. I suggest going for this trophy on level 7. It's also possible in the mini game, but it's much easier to get in mission 7. You have to get the spacecraft all the way to the landing pod without taking damage, and land dead center with the indicator stating 0 m/s.

(G) Collectible based trophies (G)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/318/03.jpgMaster collector (S)

Collect all the Matt Hazard Game Boxes throughout the game.

The game boxes are usually hidden inside crates so make sure you shoot all the crates. There are 3 game boxes on each level and you see how many you have in your current level on the pause screen. To see what game boxes you're missing and on what chapter, you can go to Collectibles on the main menu. There are 8 pictures there, each representing each level. Level 1-4 on top and 5-8 on the bottom. If there's a question mark on any of the pictures, it means you are missing a game box on that level. You may use Quick Play Mode to rack up the final game boxes and the trophy will pop when you get your final game box.

See "Come On Down!" for a videoguide.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/318/07.jpgCome On Down! (S)

Collect all the pachinko coins in the game.

You get pachinko coins by shooting certain enemies and there are 10 coins in each level. Make sure you shoot 'everything that moves' to get this trophy. The following two videos will show where to find each pachinko coins, as well as all game boxes.

Please note: Most people have reported problems getting this trophy in Quick Play Mode. I suggest you get all the pachinko coins during one of your playthroughs of the game. Check at the start of each boss battle that you have them all, if not, retry the level.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-o-hC2QwRU]YouTube- Gameboxes and Pachinko Coins Part 1 of 2 - Matt Hazard - Blood, Bath and Beyond[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l9WVdAJ1aw]YouTube- Gameboxes and Pachinko Coins Part 2 of 2 - Matt Hazard - Blood, Bath and Beyond[/ame]

Edited by Pesico

Thanks for this! Really enjoying this game, and was aiming for 100%. This will really help towards that.

Note: You don't get to much points during the part I described above, so during the first 6 levels, you will want to get as much points as possible. Make sure you do really well on level 1 as you can get more than 100K points on that level alone. Keep in mind that each time you use continue, you will loose 5'000 points, so try not to die to often either.

Wow, you were NOT kidding about not getting many points. Each run nets you less than 1000 points, and I started this level at about 400k, so I've gotta do this over 100 times. I could probably stop earlier, and get the rest of the points later in the playthrough, but I'm not sure how much I could expect to get to know when to stop. At least it saves your score after every run, so I can do a little at a time here and there... the things we do for trophies...

Edited by Bishop084

I was trying to get the 500k pts trophy, and then I finished the game with... 490k pts. Awesome, no? xD

My sympathies:p Follow my tip for the score trophy and you should get it rather easy. You have to play through most of the game again though.

Wow, you were NOT kidding about not getting many points. Each run nets you less than 1000 points, and I started this level at about 400k, so I've gotta do this over 100 times. I could probably stop earlier, and get the rest of the points later in the playthrough, but I'm not sure how much I could expect to get to know when to stop. At least it saves your score after every run, so I can do a little at a time here and there... the things we do for trophies...

Do you stop at the first countdown? There are several countdowns. I'll be more precise when I finish up the guide.

Edited by Pesico

Actually, there's a couple health power up in that section, if you take them while you have full health, each of them will net you 1000 points. I was making around 4000 points a run.

About the pachinkos coins and game boxes, do we need them get them all in one playthrough?

A couple of tips for your guide. You can use them if you want to.

Light's Out:

There's a door on the floor of the boat. It has a dark stripe on the right and left sides of it. During the third part, stay right on top of the strip on the right. If you hold :down: when the light flashes, you'll shoot straight up and take out one of the cannon balls falling on you and you won't get damaged. Also save your Maximum Hazard boost until the third part and use it if you're not lined up properly.

Come On Down!:

You have to get all of these in one playthrough. You can't go back and do chapter select for them. If an enemy somehow gets killed off screen and they're supposed to give you a coin, you may not get it. If you get killed while the coin is coming towards you, you won't get credit for it. If enemy gets crushed by something else (a falling tower or cannons for example) you won't get the coin. Pay attention to where the coins are in the guide because there are a couple that you can miss if you take the wrong route.

Really? That didn't work for me. I collected all of them on Quick Play, but it didn't unlock.

Another tip for you. This one is for "It's Aboot Time". There's an easy way to kill the boss. Basically, run right up to it and kneel right in front of it. Get as close as you can until you can't move forward anymore and start spamming :square:. The boss will shoot fire at you. This first time, you'll get hit. After you die once, go back and get in the same position. This time when fire is shot at you, you won't get hit at all. The only time you will get hit are the random times when the helicopter shoots you. You'll have more than enough health to make it through though.

Could you be more specific. Like when you got the trophy? Every where I've looked, it says you have to do it in one playthrough.

I played through story mode once, getting about 60% of the boxes and coins, then I completed each stage in quick play mode, making sure that I got 3 boxes and 10 coins each time. Both trophies unlock as soon as you pick up the final item (you can see the game autosaving each time you pick up a coin or a box). I got the coin trophy after picking up the 10th coin on the final stage in quick play mode.

The one annoying thing is that there's no way of knowing how many coins you've collected. But I can definitely confirm that you can get both collectible trophies via quick play mode.

It might make a difference if you don't finish each stage (i.e. beat the boss). I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...