The Road to Platinum - Mass Effect 2 Leaderboard

Yoshi_Girl

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/YoshiGirl/NormandyCitadel2-2.jpg

This Mass Effect 2 Playtime Leaderboard will function the same way as my

FFXIII Platinum Leaderboard. The only differences will be the need to include multiple playthrough times to combine into 1 total Platinum playtime. As such you will need to load the most recent save (or autosave) from each of your careers, and then add together the playtimes to get your total.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.pngWARNING!http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

It is highly recommended that you do NOT mess with your career saves unnecessarily, particularly when planning (or beginning) your Insanity playthrough. Consequently, you should wait until you've aquired the platinum trophy before loading various save files from your careers so that a mistake isn't made (like accidentally changing the difficulty setting while on your Insanity run).

This Leaderboard is meant to be in good fun and isn't a competition. There will be a Top 4 to recognize the fastest players. However, since even providing images of your playtimes isn't a sure fire way of proving people's times, I ask that those who sign up have some integrity and honesty.

How to sign up:

1. Please indiciate in your post how many playthroughs it took you to acquire the platinum trophy.

2. Take the total playtime from each playthrough and add them together, then post that total time here. If you don't want to add them together, then just post the playtimes of each playthrough in your post and I'll add them together.

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/YoshiGirl/MassEffect2-Lead-2.jpg

(P) Khallos | 1 | 33:25:00

(G) MrxWRESTLEMANIA | 2 | 38:27:00

(S) xstevenvx | 1 | 39:10:00

(B) disch | 2 | 39:23:00

05. Dell Boi | 2 | 39:37:00

06. UnholyInfinity | 2 | 40:10

07. big-_-_-_-boss69 | 1 | 40:22:00

08. Astalder | 1 | 41:19:00

09. olsen77 | 1 | 42:17:00

10. kensredemption | 2 | 45:44:00

11. Lethal_Hjorth | 2 | 45:54:00

12. Griever_Zero | 2 | 48:49:00

13. Bahamut | 1 | 49:09:00

14. BaldWombat | 1 | 49:56:00

15. edilions | 3 | 52:12:00

16. Yuna00 | 1 | 52:42:00

17. bboy.gaz | 3 | 54:00:00

18. TheFlyingToaster | 2 | 56:28:00

19. Joy707r | 2 | 56:44:00

20. Attack-Trik | 2 | 58:50:00

21. BrilloHD | 2.5 | 62:07:00

22. loesjoel | 2 | 62:53:00

23. Marurander | 2 | 65:54:00

24. T_l_M_B_0 | 2 | 71:41:00

25. the_requiem | 2 | 76:59:00

26. sunnygrg | 2 | 78:00:00

27. Darth_Chaos007 | 2.5 | 104:16:00

28. Yoshi_Girl | 2 | 117:76:00

29. tigerbait_ | 2 | 131:19:00

30. ecto69 | 5 | 215:55:00

Edited by Yoshi_Girl

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Props for setting another one of these up!

Normal Playthrough-- 37 hours, 24 minutes

Insanity Playthrough-- 34 hours, 17 minutes

T_l_M_B_0 | 2 | 71:41:00

Thanks T_l_M_B_0, and wow, that's a super fast playtime! Did you play on the 360 before and know what to do? At any rate, congrats on your platinum. You're my first customer too. :dance:

Thanks T_l_M_B_0, and wow, that's a super fast playtime! Did you play on the 360 before and know what to do? At any rate, congrats on your platinum. You're my first customer too. :dance:

Naw, never played it before, Im not sure how both my playthroughs ended up around 35 (ish) hours, since I did both save files to 100% (all side missions, ect..). I can understand my Insanity plythrough being a bit faster, since then I actually did know what I was doing lol. Also, do I get some sort of first customer prize? :D... no..? ok... :pout:

Naw, never played it before, Im not sure how both my playthroughs ended up around 35 (ish) hours, since I did both save files to 100% (all side missions, ect..). I can understand my Insanity plythrough being a bit faster, since then I actually did know what I was doing lol. Also, do I get some sort of first customer prize? :D... no..? ok... :pout:

Sorry, no prizes. :( If I could though I'd maybe offer one of those snazzy DLC weapons/armor packs from the PSN Store. I'm going to play through the game a 3rd time but with a completely different class/play style, so I wonder if any of those special armor/weapon sets are any good. :p

Yeah Im gonna make another playthrough aswell. I played the same way on both of my other playthroughs (Male, Paragon), so I wanna give a Femshep-Renegade a try. Plus I just love this game, so I wanna play again :p

I hear the Aegis pack (?) with the Kestral armor is really good though.

Sweet, thanks for the tip. I wonder if any DLC armor/weapons are available at the beginning of the game, or is it like Dead Space where you have to make it to a store first to get it. Also, do you know if any of the exclusive downloadable weapons are any good?

Sweet, thanks for the tip. I wonder if any DLC armor/weapons are available at the beginning of the game, or is it like Dead Space where you have to make it to a store first to get it. Also, do you know if any of the exclusive downloadable weapons are any good?

The second you can find an armory you have access to all of your weapons or armor. If I remember correctly there is a weapons locker or armory (can't remember which) in the Cerberus Station before heading to Freedom's Progress, otherwise you would have to wait until you get the Normandy I think. Also, if you import a character who is wearing DLC Armor, he/she will start the game wearing that armor.

EDIT: The Aegis Pack also comes with a Sniper Rifle that I have been hearing alot of good things about. I haven't tried it personally, but i hear its quality.

Edited by T_l_M_B_0

The Aegis Pack has a very good sniper rifle and assault rifle paired with the best shotgun in the game and a great set of armor pieces. They are all available from the first time you get to somewhere that lets you change out your equipment.

BaldWombat | 1 | 49:56:00

I beat the game 5 times on the 360 so I knew how to get them all in one playthru. Time to platinum is actually a little shorter than that as I did 4 N7 Missions after the platinum popped but that is what the timer on my save file says.

The Aegis Pack has a very good sniper rifle and assault rifle paired with the best shotgun in the game and a great set of armor pieces. They are all available from the first time you get to somewhere that lets you change out your equipment.

BaldWombat | 1 | 49:56:00

I beat the game 5 times on the 360 so I knew how to get them all in one playthru. Time to platinum is actually a little shorter than that as I did 4 N7 Missions after the platinum popped but that is what the timer on my save file says.

Great, thanks for the tips. :) I've added you to the Leaderboard. Another crazy fast playtime, but it's understandable with how many times you've played on the 360. :p

Wow, I can't believe how fast everyone's playthroughs have been.

Hardcore Playthrough-- 35 hours, 14 minutes

Insanity Playthrough-- 23 hours, 36 minutes

Attack-Trik | 2 | 58:50:00

I played through once on the 360 before this but I still wanted to take my time and enjoy it.

I've added you as well. Congrats on your platinum. :) I'm getting quite embarassed with my playtime compared to everyone else who's posted thus far, lol.

I am just not sure how you can guarentee these times? In your FFXIII Platinum Time Thread I seriously questioned the top time, I platinumed the game 3 times on three different accounts, knew all the tricks and tips and there was no way you could beat that top time, I even pointed out the fact that the timing of individual trophies on the top time was very suspect...

...and I would say the same with this, let us see what times are posted...

I am just not sure how you can guarentee these times? In your FFXIII Platinum Time Thread I seriously questioned the top time, I platinumed the game 3 times on three different accounts, knew all the tricks and tips and there was no way you could beat that top time, I even pointed out the fact that the timing of individual trophies on the top time was very suspect...

People were using different saves for Final Fantasy XIII, so they got the most time-consuming trophies out of the way on another save. That made the leaderboard effectively meaningless... so let's hope people won't start doing the same here.

Bad news for you Yoshi, my playtime is somewhere around 43 hours and I only need 2 more levels for the plat so guess Im gona beat you too.

If I knew wed make a playtime leaderbord I wouldnt have left the videogame on while doing other things, I guess I wasted at least 1-2 hours with that crap...

I dindt see other ppl posting picks of theyre playtime so I guess were just beeing honest here right?

A crap scratch that Im already at 48 hours, I tought it was 43, np still not too slow, I guess ill have plat by 51 or so, well see. Its a little late to do that but Ill try and be fast lol.

I really dont see the point in cheating on a thread like this, this whole playtime leaderbord thing is for shit and gigles, ppl take things too seriously, this is for fun its not a competition...

Edited by Bahamut

Yes I realize people started goofing around with save files (not hacking or glitching) and/or replaying the game again just to get a faster time (talking about FFXIII). This is exactly why I placed a little disclaimer in my introduction here for the new Mass Effect 2 Leaderboard. I already knew in advance that trying to get people to take pictures of multiple playtimes would end up causing headaches. So my request is simple: Just be honest, please.

This platinum playtime leaderboard is just supposed to be in good fun. There are no prizes being awarded or national presidential accolades to aquire. I haven't set any hard rules but if people start claiming they obtained the platinum in 10 hours, I probably wont add them.

This platinum playtime leaderboard is just supposed to be in good fun. There are no prizes being awarded or national presidential accolades to aquire. I haven't set any hard rules but if people start claiming they obtained the platinum in 10 hours, I probably wont add them.

Really? But I plated the game in only half an hour and it was legit :D

I do think we should have a prize for you Yoshi_Girl, youre by far the person that took longest to plat this out of the entire galaxy probably :dance:

With that said I have to go and plat this already, only 2 levels are btween me and my platinum, gona go do that now, by tonight Ill have my 19th plat for sure :)

I got to think things trought tough, now Im obcessed with plating in under 50 hours buahahaha!!!! (that was a crazy laughter btw).

Edited by Bahamut