Rate the trophy difficulty  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_9.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.80

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

Won't be voting just yet but this will probably be around 8 or 9... most gold ships are hard to get and some are near impossible to me.

Haven't really played a lot so I'll keep practicing and vote when I'm confident enough.

I also haven't voted yet, but I would have to agree with everything you said.

I was having fun trying for the gold, but now it's just getting frustrating. I think I will end up being one trophy short of a platinum for this one.

Edited by tbond22

I also haven't voted yet, but I would have to agree with everything you said.

I was having fun trying for the gold, but now it's just getting frustrating. I think I will end up being one trophy short of a platinum for this one.

I disagree because just memorizing the levels should make this platinum 10X easier to achieve

It's not about memorizing the levels. It is more about getting the controls down. I have trouble even completing the maze levels and it has nothing to do with memorizing, but that is just me.

its just because the sytem is new if this game came out 5 months aafter the vita it would be a lot easier but getting used to the hardware is the difficulty here not the game

I voted it a 9. I have every trophy besides the get all golds. The other trophies took some time but weren't overly difficult. The reason it's a 9 though is because getting golds on all the challenges is going to take a lot of skill and luck. It basicly comes down to just a handful of challenges that you have to get perfect on.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking at some of these global leaderboards and only the top 25 people have achieved a gold medal on some of them. So take that for what it's worth (I know it's still early), but personally I would expect more than that considering there's several thousand people posting scores to the leaderboards.

Where can I find these global leaderboards. Please post me the link, I can't find any:confused:

I finally platinum'd this game and it feels like a weight off my shoulders

The problem with little deviants is the controls for some of the games are so bad, manic melter and tower of boing, or that some of the games are too fucking hard to get gold rockets on, neutron nudger.

But It only took me 24 hours so I gave it a 8/10 as it didnt take so long and some of the games were fun: such as chalet shover and rolling pastures

• 1 month later...

I also got platinum.

The first 10 games you play, let you get used to the controls of the vita. This took me a some time. After that I got 2 golds a day ( about 2 hours for both max). My total playtime is 26 hours.

Game was never frustrating me but gave me a lot of fun. The games where you push the back of the vita to make a bubble in the landscape where almost immediatly gold.

Hardest game was the race with the zombies. Took me more than 10 days. I only cheated once by looking at the internet for the all-star location in neutron nudger level 7 :whistle:

Finally a message to all the people that have this game platinum: Buy AlienZombieMegadeath and get all these trophies. I am trying this for mounths now with no succes. No one in the entire world has gotten the gold one yet. GOOD LUCK if you dare...:D

Edited by langedougie

• 2 months later...

I got the platinum today, and rated it a 9. Like others have mentioned, getting used to the controls is the biggest hurdle. My total playtime was 33 hours, and I would say half that was spent on the first two worlds. Then, once I got comfortable with the nuances of the hardware, I breezed through the other four worlds, comparatively speaking.

The biggest tip I can offer is to go slow. Rushing through a level will always result in failure. It seems weird, since some levels are timed, and almost all require you to collect all stars (some of which are moving around the screen in various ways), but pacing yourself is the only way to get golds. If you try to boost your way through the racing levels, for example, you will end up crashing or missing too many stars.

I started out hating this game due to the frustration with the controls, and overall I think they could have made it a lot more forgiving, but once I got the hang of it, I enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted 7. Some mini-games are a little tougher than others, but other than spending time with it, it's not a terribly difficult game. I'm only a few trophies away from the plat, and the biggest "difficulty" I've had is getting someone that is able to challenge me since the challenge system is finicky.

I went with a 9. This is definitely one of those games where the difficulty is determined by 1 or 2 trophies, not the collective list.

Overall it was quite enjoyable. Most of the games worked well, and the controls were pretty good. A few of the games didn't click, but generally well put together.

Once you got the hang of it, the bronze and silver targets were quite easy. Most of the level specific trophies came naturally or with a specific run through. A few however, were quite hard - "I didn't wipe", "The Mighty Boost", "Smooth Mover", "Star Barred" and "The Right Way is the Wrong Way" will take a fair bit of effort.

The big difficulty jump comes at the gold targets. While a few games are straight forward, most of the require absolute perfection to hit the score target. This is particularly challenging on the levels where there is an element of luck. One bad bounce can ruin a great run.

If that wasn't bad enough, throw in the now glitched "Honor Upheld" which requires you to find a player who posted a score before March 2012. New players are no longer able to register a score for the purpose of challenging another player. As time goes on, getting this trophy will become virtually impossible. As it is, it took me close to 1 month to find a player who could challenge me. Final play time was just a few minutes shy of 25 hours.

So for these 2 reasons I went with a 9/10. Going forward this is going to become harder, and will be an elusive and proud platinum for those who can achieve it.

diskdocx-

I was debating giving it a tougher rating myself, but it's interesting to see that people have wildly different experiences with some trophies. Personally, I thought "Star Barred" was pretty easy, but the one for the hot air balloon without using a patch was killer for me. I could mash the screen to kill the birds, then deflate and fail - or vice versa.

I agree, though, that a lot of the golds are pretty crazy. Overall, though, I like it. Hopefully I'll get "Honor Upheld" and can feel like I've completed the game to it's fullest.

diskdocx-

I was debating giving it a tougher rating myself, but it's interesting to see that people have wildly different experiences with some trophies. Personally, I thought "Star Barred" was pretty easy, but the one for the hot air balloon without using a patch was killer for me. I could mash the screen to kill the birds, then deflate and fail - or vice versa.

I agree, though, that a lot of the golds are pretty crazy. Overall, though, I like it. Hopefully I'll get "Honor Upheld" and can feel like I've completed the game to it's fullest.

Interesting. I got "Day None Patch" first try. See, I found that to be easier as you are trying to keep the balloon safe so it is a "natural" trophy. With "Star Barred" you had to go out of your way to avoid the stars (which is unnatural), and I found the racing levels hard as I was always getting caught by the whale.

Conversely, Tower of Boing which gave a lot of people grief was, to me, one of the easier levels. Reminds me of my childhood playing Breakout. Everyone will have their own personal nightmares with this game.

Probably not the game to go after for your first platinum :p

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...