Rate the trophy difficulty.  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_45.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.36

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise
Updated average.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i put up the 6.

This game shouldnt' be anywhere near a 6...but the camera is so shitty and the hanging/shimmy is so fucked that this game can be INFURIATING. The awards aren't tricky at all but 100 of anything can cause problems....ask GTA players. I think beating the game under 8 hours is gonna be almost impossible for people who haven't played the game before. Just figuring out how to get to radar blips sometimes is a NIGHTMARE! I will give you an example:

Let's say you need to get from Point A to Point C. Let's say for the sake of argument that in order to get to Point C, you need to cross a bridge at Point B. Now in a good game (like GTA) they will put a blip at Point B and then when you reach that blip, they will give you the final destination blip at Point C. But in LSL it will just put at you Point A and put a radar blip at Point C. Sometimes it's not so easy to realize you need to find Point B in order to get there. It leads to some aimless wondering.

Add in the really WEAK failure reasons on missions and you're almost guaranteed to be playing this a second playthrough. The shuffleboard trophies aren't easy either since you have to get them all before passing the mission. If you don't know that and pass the mission (you're probably using AutoSave) then you'll have to play the game all over again to be able to play shuffleboard again. It all adds up to really trophies becoming difficult because of poor game programming.

All that said....I STILL LIKED THE GAME! HOW FUCKING CRAZY AM I? :D

Edited by RedEye420

I gave a 2. I got all Shuffleboard trophies on my second game. I think that if you plan it out you can do it in 1 playthrough. I was stupid and am on my third playthrough but so bored i can't complete it or i will probably start to cry and my brain will wither due to sheer boredom. This game should have a warning on it. 'Any more than 2 playthoughs is deathly boring'.

I gave a 4 because I knew the controls and camera was gonna suck, it wasn't too bad as far as the missions went, still a bother but not to the point where I was pulling my hour out.

But collecting the awards was a big pain in my ass. Some of these awards are high up and it was extremely frustrating when I kept falling to my death over and fucking over again going to the otherside of the studio just for the one award I kept messing up on.

This is where the shitty control scheme and camera became a huge hassle for me.

Overall though easy trophies to get, can be done in one and a half playthroughs, just make a separate save file before the bytanic dreamscape.

I was taking my time, fucking around and wasting time doing stupid things for trophies because I thought I HAD to do 2 playthroughs, but when I saw I was cutting it close I knew I could get the speed trophy and made the extra save file.

Easy platinum, about 10 hours to get

I can't believe Sony allowed the complete and utter shittiness that is Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust to be released on the PS3. Terrible camera, terrible controls, terrible... everything. Despite all that, it's an easy Platinum if you have a high tolerance for poor programming. I'm gonna get the trophies, then shake my fist at the heavens and demand those 15-20 hours of my life back.

i voted a 3, it is not hard, you can do it all in one playthrough, just follow the youtube guide, trust me playing this game twice is not an option, so my breakdown goes like this about 6 and a half hours to complete using a guide (can be done in 4 if you dont die) then 4 hours to find all the oscars using a guide,then 2 hours just to clean up (races and seduction etc...) well im sitting on about 12 hours now and the only trophy i need is drive 400miles for the plat. im on about 260 and im not gonna drive about for no reason so i have rubber banded the joypad so its in reverse turning in a circle (does not work in forwards because you go too fast)

• 1 month later...

i gave it a 2. the trophies are very easy but this game is a broken joke.

rubbish camera angles and pathetic controls, this game was not tested at all. developers should be ashamed.

it is highly recommended to get all the missable trophies in one play through, you do not want to play this game again. (use the guide on this site and youtube videos if you have to)

i also dont understand how you can have a game with so many busty female characters and still make garbage.

unacceptable product.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 4. None of the trophies are that difficult to get as long as you remember to keep track of your play time and those other missable trophies. I wanted to rate it higher on account of the extreme difficulty in actually getting through this rubbish, but I try to keep these polls as objective as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I give this a 10. Played this horribly frustrating game for 15 hours only to have 99/100 awards. Apparently the awards can glitch on you because I went through the whole picture guide again and could not find the last. I don't know if I can handle another playthrough just to get 1 larry award... sigh (just need best actor for plat...)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...