Gummi Ship Help Thread

Cetra

I recommend to use this thread if people have problems with a Gummi Ship mission. They can ask about it then and people can give general tips or post their strategies.

Here some tips from me already:

Traverse Town - Mission 3

Requirements: Start from Hollow Bastion, arrive at Traverse Town with No Damage taken and a Score of "0"

Strategy:

Use a very slim Gummi Ship. Customize Kingdom Model so only one row of Gummi Blocks is left. However also let the "lower level" of the model remain since it should help you understanding one of my tips. With this Gummi Ship you can easily navigate through things.

If you ask me this is the hardest mission of all. It is mean and you can easily make mistakes until the end. There are various spots where you have to know how to pass through it without getting damage and they are all over the route meaning you have to restart until you have finally found out how it works. I will tell you those spots and how to handle them, this already saves much time for trying out but you may still retry them because of flying just a little bit to low, you could not dodge enemies which fly unexpected, et cetera.

There are 4 "Pass the wall spots":

1. Right at the beginning. Use brake and then slowly navigate through the left free spot. Don't forget not to hold the stick too long and also not too much to the left.

2. After the meteor field a bit after the warp hole. There are 4 walls. If you have built the Gummi Ship as I said, it should pretty much look like that: <===

Before you reach the walls, use brake, then navigate the Gummi Ship to the Score Stats. Now positionate the ship so the "bottom" of the ship's nose is pretty much exactly in the middle of the "Barrier Item" symbol (so if the bottom of the ship's nose is "-" then it should look like "-O", maybe just a little bit higher; I cannot show you to well with an "O" ). This is the right height to fly through all four walls.

Don't forget to fly down a bit right after passing he fourth wall. The top part behind those patterns is a bit lower and so you might fly against it.

3. There is an area with patterns floating around, many of them are purple and there is a big wall of patterns. One spot is free so don't think about where to fly, use brake and navigate through the hole.

4. Right after you navigate to Traverse there is the very last part. You will love doing all these things and failing right before reaching the world so you better don't.

You can pass a wall with meteors. There are some ways to navigate through but one of the safest is to use brake and navigate through the open upper spot left of the rings. Afterwards immediately fly above the rings and only in the middle of that because enemies will come from behind. While they pass by prepare to fly to the upper left edge of the screen for a moment because enemies will also come into yor direction right in the middle of the way. Don't risk flying through the rings because using brake to navigate through the spot and the speed of the moving rings might confuse you at that time and you don't estimate the right speed to control then.

Instead of that after dodging the enemies I said, fly through another upper left free spot afterwards and then you only need to stay central in the screen except the moment when those enemies you should already know and which stop for a moment in distance before they fly at you, should be dodged.

Right after the warp hole there is a meteor field with many obstacles and enemies. You can mess around there with a slim Gummi Ship and never get hit but don't get reckless.

Other tricky or mean spots:

Directly before the warp hole. Don't fly around too much. Enemies fly behind you and come to your direction. They all fly pretty diagonally forward and appear somewhere where you are so be careful.

Te spot right after the 4 walls; small groups of enemies come into your direction, all of them a bit in another position and not directly behind the other one, also don't forget to fly above the red patterns right after those enemies or you might make a mistake and fly against them

The other meteor field right after the field with purple patterns (spot 3), there are Ifrits which shoot with lasers at you and then fly into your direction

Then everything is fine.

Atlantica - Mission 3

Requirements: Score 260 points and don't get an item

Strategy:

This mission is hard even with the right strategy but actually only because clumsiness is the only real enemy left then.

Make a ship which is small but in a sense of slim.

Equip it with wings, but with wings which go forward and backward and not left and right (so "IxI" and not "-x-").

Use two rows of Protes Gummis (two rows next to each other, making it four rows with the wings)

Between an Arise Gummis.

Behind it two Fire Gummis and behind the Cockpit but above the gear a Wall and Esuna Gummi.

Use two Thunder Gummis and two Ultima Gummis.

Shoot always from a save distance and never when something which can be destroyed is close to you, so in front of you and which means you cannot avoid getting the item it leaves behind. Heartless which fly directly at you or obstacles which you did not pay attention to are such things. When many things are near you should rather use the Thunder Gummi instead of the Ultima Gummi, because the Ultima Gummi might destroy something too close and you don't want the items.

Don't bother flying into obstacles or Heartless. If you avoid items this way it is worth it. Also sometimes don't shoot at Heartless when there are too many. This is often the case when yellow Heartless (Sirens) in the meteor fields and the faster Heartless which fly pretty directly at you come in a great amount. However if there is a good time and free space, let's rock.

You may fly very close to the items and it does not matter but of course not too close.

When you reach the warp hole have about 100-120 Points.

When you drive to Atlantica have about 180-200 Points. Better fly in corners and edges often. Many targets need to be destroyed very central and when you reach the point you want to be in a corner normally.

Afterwards you can get some points but also stay not too central. Better miss some things like you should do in general.

When the last part begins (when the Death Gazes and the Diabolos appear) get the rest of the points but also be sure not to fly to central. You could destroy some things there but you need to keep a safe distance.

Hollow Bastion - Mission 3

Requirements: Don't use any Shield or Shield 2 Gummi, use Hastega Gummi at least 10 times, arrive at Hollow Bastion with No Damage taken

Strategy:

Use the Olymp route for this so you have the time for your Hastega Gummi and use also brake so you need more time to fly while the Hastega Gummi recharges.

Actually this mission is so much easier if you have done the Traverse Town mission already. You know the spots than and you will probably feel as if the conditions are a joke compared to teh other mission making it more relaxed. The only real enemies then are those which fly behind you. And those are early ones on the Olymp route and directly after the "choose to fly to Hollow Bastion" moment. Also never forget to shoot at obstacles if it is easier than navigating through some spots all the time.

End of the World - Mission 3

Requirements: Score at least 600 points

Strategy:

Actually I think this is the second hardest mission of all. The route is not too long and you really have to get many points. The best thing is to use many different Weapon Gummis such as 4 Thunder Gummis, 4 Thundara Gummis and 2 Ultima Gummis. You really need to move you Gummi Ship alot to get many things, also try to destroy as many small meteorites in the meteor field as possible and many of those yellow slim obstacles right after the meteor field while you don't forget to destroy as many of those in group-flying Heartless there as possible. Osmose Gummi is pretty much obligatory but save your energy and plan when to use it for the weapons and the Osmose Gummi. Use Arise Gummi and brake.

This is how it should look like:

Before the meteor field: ~70

Before you fly through the yellow obstacles: ~220-230

Before you fight the Omegas: ~430-450

Before you pass the small blue meteorites at the end (meaning they are not destroyed and count for the last 130): ~470

Olympus Coliseum - Mission 3

Requirements: Destroy all 140 obstacles

Strategy:

Use an Esuna Gummi to discover all obstacles. You can use pretty much everything you want but also include faster Laser Gummis. If you shoot at every obstacle you see, maybe even with Ultima Gummis and not only Thunder Gummis you will get them all. The only exception is a bunch of red pattern obstacles in a pattern wall. They receive more so use the faster Laser Gummis for faster attacks against more targets.

Edited by Cetra

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real Configuration menue is under Gummi Ship (the second option of the Gummi Ship menue) and then the third option of that point so you can customize which button is for what and also the right stick (while the stick cannot be changed, however; only the four buttons and L1). All for the known options like how to fire "with shots", "lasers", et cetera.

Is this the first Kingdom Hearts you got? Actually flying with standard controls, so everything as it is should be learned during the obligatory story routes you take.

If the missions get too hard for you because of the controls you can train or ask for good tips anyway. You while notice that many missions do not need simple "Up-Down" maneuvers but you have to fly to corners for a moment or something and if you do that you learn it automatically. Not only during missions but also during normal flights.

Edited by Cetra

• 4 months later...

I'm doing mission 2 for Olympus traveling from Deep Jungle and I've ONLY got the thundara-G as my weapon and I've destroyed over 85 enemy ships by the time I get to the end yet it doesn't register about the mission being completed. The requirements are only using a Thundara-G and destroying 70 or more enemy ships. I've tried 4 times with only that ONE specific weapon and even using different ships, my kills are always 85 or more, yet still nothing. Please help, this is really getting to me. :confused:

I've left Hollow Bastion twice using the warp hole , why do i keep ending up at the Collisuem, i wanna go to Traverse Town? :(

Haha I was getting frustrated with this too especially when doing mission 3 for agrabah where you have to start at Wonderland. I kept ending up at halloween town.

In case you haven't figured it out yet once you go through a wormhole you eventually get to a point where a row of red/orange bars with a white outline will start to flash across the top of the screen (similar to those that appear once you enter a wormhole). This is indicating that you are coming to the end of the wormhole path and that there is a fork in the route where you decide which world you want to go to.

If you move your gummi ship to the right of the screen at this point I think it will take you to the coliseum, and if you veer to the left you should continue to traverse town. If I'm not 100% sure on that so if I'm wrong do the opposite. But this will allow you to make sure you end up at the right world.

Haha I was getting frustrated with this too especially when doing mission 3 for agrabah where you have to start at Wonderland. I kept ending up at halloween town.

In case you haven't figured it out yet once you go through a wormhole you eventually get to a point where a row of red/orange bars with a white outline will start to flash across the top of the screen (similar to those that appear once you enter a wormhole). This is indicating that you are coming to the end of the wormhole path and that there is a fork in the route where you decide which world you want to go to.

If you move your gummi ship to the right of the screen at this point I think it will take you to the coliseum, and if you veer to the left you should continue to traverse town. If I'm not 100% sure on that so if I'm wrong do the opposite. But this will allow you to make sure you end up at the right world.

OMG, THAT'S WHAT IT WAS

Thank's for that, can't believe that's what it was the whole time :D

This FAQ is pretty decent for the specifics of each mission:

GameFAQs: Kingdom Hearts (PS2) Gummi Ship Mission Guide (Final Mix) by Primum Mobile

Often times it offers suggestions on which gummi blocks to use for any particular run and/or what to expect for each mission.

As far as the ship to build, in general if the mission involves collecting a lot of things or getting a high score, the bigger the ship, the better. Gummi blocks do NOT have to be attached to each other so the more area you cover, the better for those (where there's no real limits in place at least).

I usually had 3 or 4 different "style" of ship ready to use.

A very small/minimal one for the missions that require 10 blocks or fewer to be used.

A smallish, narrow ship for missions that require avoiding things (whether it be items, or obstacles).

An "optimal" ship built for heavy fire power, armor and maneuverability but not super bulky.

A massive, extra large ship that made use of all 200 blocks useable and covered as much area as possible.

In any given case, weapons can be changed out as needed for "use only" weapon missions.

If the goal is to avoid stuff, do not use Esuna gummis, and if the goal is to destroy a LOT of stuff/get a lot of points, make sure to have them. Especially for (I think) Olympus 3, you have to destroy all 140 obstacles in the course. Not all of them are visible, so you NEED Esuna-G to even be able to see all 140.

For missions big on collecting items or getting points, Osmose Gummis are a life saver. I usually have them on my optimal and massive ships.

It's really hard to suggest a terribly specific ship for any particular person since skill/play styles may differ. The biggest hurdle with it is getting comfortable enough with building the damn things at all to really get a useful ship going.

Another good idea is to switch your brake from X to L1. Saves a LOT of hand cramping from trying to hold the break while firing cannons AND lasers all at once as breaking is probably one of the most important things for almost all of the missions.

how the hell do you start from hollow bastion and arrive at traverse town?

EDIT: ok i done it without shields and being damaged but no blueprint. it also says i have 3 micky symbols under traverse town indicating its complete but no blueprint?

Edited by Diago

It would have been awarded upon completion of the mission. Missions 1 and 2 for each world award special gummis (Such as Wheel-G or Fang-G, etc.) and for the 3rd mission it gives you the blueprint the same way. If you want to double check, the 3rd Traverse Town missions awards the Moogle Blueprint, so go into your gummi menu and check to see if you have the Moogle one listed.

Beyond that, to make sure you did in fact complete the 3rd mission, when you have it done and go into the Mission Menu for a world, instead of listing what the mission is, it'll just say "OK" in the box, and you'll have a pink Mickey symbol filled in on the top right (there's an empty one for each world and when you do all 3 missions in one it'll fill it in).

EDIT: ok i done it without shields and being damaged but no blueprint. it also says i have 3 micky symbols under traverse town indicating its complete but no blueprint?

If you have 3 mickey symbols, i'm afraid you must have been hit. when you complete all 3 missions for a world, when you press triangle for the mission menu the 3 blue symbols will be replaced by a single pink one.

To avoid double posting, anyone have a tip for colosseum challenge 3? destroy 140 obstacles? I can't break the red wall, no matter what weapon combo I try. :2walls:

Edited by Khaotic Stryder

I think I went heavy lasers for that (all 4 Ultima-G at the VERY least) and make sure to use only a single Fire-G for an engine and hold the break the whole time. I think even then it was REALLY close for me. Worst case, maybe just stack all 10 weapons as lasers and see how that works for you. Don't recall how much energy is available in that course though so not sure how good a plan that is off the top of my head.

As a side note though, make sure to have an Esuna-G for that one. I forgot my first good attempt at that and was missing like 8 things because they're invisible without it. :(

If you have 3 mickey symbols, i'm afraid you must have been hit. when you complete all 3 missions for a world, when you press triangle for the mission menu the 3 blue symbols will be replaced by a single pink one.

To avoid double posting, anyone have a tip for colosseum challenge 3? destroy 140 obstacles? I can't break the red wall, no matter what weapon combo I try. :2walls:

hmmm i could of swore i wasnt hit at all. :(