Rate the trophy difficulty...  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_3.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 2.88

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3/10

Pretty easy, feels like a bad game at the start but once you get used to the lack of Ironsights it is actually a pretty decent FPS.

Only reason for a 3 rather that a 2 is the lack of Checkpoints during some long sections, so if you die you are send ALL the way back to the start of a 15 minute long trek.

30th KZ1 Platinum achiever worldwide.

Edited by erdvilla

3/10

Pretty easy, feels like a bad game at the start but once you get used to the lack of Ironsights it is actually a pretty decent FPS.

Only reason for a 3 rather that a 2 is the lack of Checkpoints during some long sections, so if you die you are send ALL the way back to the start of a 15 minute long trek.

30th KZ1 Platinum achiever worldwide.

If psnprofiles told you that you were #30, Don't hold your breath.. Sorry to burst your bubble but they don't keep track of EVERYONE who's played the game.... I learned that after thinking I was #21 for Prototype 2.... I use YGC a lot now..

Now back on the topic at hand, I'd have to give this a simple 3/10... Some of the trophies ARE tricky, but there isn't anything too ball busting..

If psnprofiles told you that you were #30, Don't hold your breath.. Sorry to burst your bubble but they don't keep track of EVERYONE who's played the game.... I learned that after thinking I was #21 for Prototype 2.... I use YGC a lot now..

Now back on the topic at hand, I'd have to give this a simple 3/10... Some of the trophies ARE tricky, but there isn't anything too ball busting..

Well, PSNP is pretty accurate, and surely I'm around 60th if the cheaters are accounted for. But considering the game came out on Tuesday and I bought it on Saturday it was quite easy and fast Platinum even without any guidance.

Voted 2.

I was pretty impressed with this game. It takes a second to grow on you, but if you are a fan of the Killzone series then play this game. The graphics are very good for a PS2 game and it is fun to play.

Now it isn't fun to play 4 times, but still.

I also used the One-Shot Kill. I would have voted higher if not for this cheat code.

didn't use any cheats. i voted a 3. Hard mode has the odd level with no checkpoints (First two levels of Chapter 6) that can be frustrating and feels like a chore. What feels more like a chore is going through 60-70% of the campaign another 3x cause you need to beat all chapters with each character.

Even though this campaign can be done in within 2hrs, it feels longer and is more boring each time you playthrough it.

With cheat codes: 1/10.

Without cheat codes: 3/10.

Most of the trophies are easy weapon-related trophies, and most of the time played will come from replaying the campaign as different characters. I did like how the level paths are different based on which character you are using.

One thing I wish they had put in was the name of each weapon that you were using, instead of just a grey outline of the weapon's shape. And some of the trophies are redundant since they are the same thing (e.g. a trophy for beating a level's final boss and another trophy for completing that same level).

My recommendation: use Rico any time you're going for a trophy that isn't character-specific. His chaingun is amazing and he can take a lot more damage than anyone else.

I don't play on easy and I didn't use cheats.

Some of the emplaced gun weapon trophies required some work but hard wasn't even a challenge using Rico. In fact I thought it was harder on Luger's playthrough on normal since she can't take much damage.

Pleased I was able to play this again, It was one of my favourite games on PS 2.

Voted a 3.

Edited by Furious Gargoyle

• 2 weeks later...