Review This Game!

Rockets

How Good Is This Game?  

396 members have voted

1. 1. How Good Is This Game?

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/infamous-20090306004707255.jpg Average Game Rating = 9.4/10

Screenshots

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/infamous_35.jpg http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/in_famous-playstation_3screenshots1.jpg http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/infamous-20081009020107996_640w.jpg

How To Review

1. PLEASE DON’T post a review without having played the game first!

2. Please don’t post a review unless you have played alot of hours or have completed the game.

3. Only write about the multiplayer aspect in the ‘Multiplayer Experience’ heading.

4. Please put a description in each section & then rate it out of 10.

5. Do not review on the trophy aspect of the game.

6. Review what YOU think & don’t be influenced by others.

Reviewing Game - Infamous

Story:

Gameplay:

Controls:

Graphics:

Sound:

Wow Factor:

Replay Value:

Multiplayer Experience: N/A

Rent Or Buy This Game?

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: PLEASE VOTE!

Please Use the above as a template for your review. If you need help with anything please refer to this thread >>> http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/user-generated-content/16959-how-write-review.html#post213134

*NOTE: ALL NON-REVIEW RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED*

Edited by Rockets

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Story: 10 (I enjoyed it quite a bit and the way it unfolds is great!)

Gameplay: 9.5 (It is one of those games where when you stop playing it you think about the game until the next time you play it.)

Controls: 10 (Some of the easiest controls, very solid and easy to learn and very responsive. You won't be dying due to crappy controls like some other games.)

Graphics: 9.5 (Not the best in the world but it certainly holds up to todays standards. Nice long distance view and very little pop-in and good textures.)

Sound: 8 (I am only giving it an 8 because I did not notice anything extra special that jumped out at me like in other games. The sound was not so crucial to me in this game but it is not bad at all.)

Wow Factor: 9 (Some of the twists in the game are neat and the powers were plentiful and nice.)

Multiplayer Experience: 0 (This has one of the worst online components EVER! Oh wait, it has no multiplayer. I would LOVE for it to have online co-op next time Crackdown style. Move along ...)

Rent Or Buy This Game? Buy (It is certainly all opinion but if you like sandbox games and you like Hero games then this is for you. Good enough to play through twice once as good and once as evil and certainly worth taking the time to try to Platinum it.)

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: (Percentage out of 100) e.g. 95%

I guess I would give it an overall 9.5 (95%). It is a great game but some things could be better. For Sucker Punch's first ever Sandbox title it was a treat but some things could use some work like the overall design of the islands I thought were bland for the most part except for some of the Boss areas which were well done. I wish we could have just had one decent sized area with original designs and more content than three islands that look pretty much the same.

I would reccomend this game for sure. It will keep you busy for a little while and you won't feel bad dropping $60 on it.

OK I'll give this a go!

So first of, and in my opinion something very important, we have the story.

Story:

I'm not going to give a brief intro on what its about since most already know. But I can say this: I was expecting just another Superhero story like Wolverine/Prototype where you go like: "OMG who did this to me? I'll kill you all!". And that there's nothing more to the story. But inFamous' story is just compelling. The way the story is told is simply superb. One the one hand you have ofcourse missions you play, which tie the storylines together, you have the very nice comic-like cutscenes. And than there are the Dead Drops that give you side information, but still very interesting stuff.

The ending is just marvelous and really makes you go into shock (no fun intended :p)

9/10 !

Gameplay:

I find the gameplay to be quite smoothe, you learn to control your powers one by one, and learn what power to use in different situations. Each leap off a building, each grind on rail, ... You'll actually feel like you are the most powerful person in Empire City.

Its just good fun!

Only negative remark could be that sometimes, when you want to down on the side of a building, it can be annoying that Cole grabs every ledge he sees.

9/10

Controls:

The controls to me seem very intuitive. Everything seems to be in the right place. The powers you use most are the symbols, L1 to aim, R1/R2 to fire.. All very standard. The powers you use less are the arrows etc.

Perhaps for the people who got the Gigawatt Blades this might 've been placed somewhere more easily accessible but that 's just a bonus.

10/10

Graphics:

Everything looks fine in the city. Cole just looks great. The electricity is awesome. There are a few frame drops at times, you'll see the occasional popups.

8/10

Sound:

I like the dialogs, effect sounds. The sound of Cole's clothing while running is kind of odd though. And there are many times where the music is abscent and it all can be a bit too quiet.

I'd have to say that the sound a bit lower on quality compared to the rest of the game. Even though the music is really good and adds to the feeling.

6/10

Wow Factor:

On my account this is the best Superhero/villain game I've ever played. Everything in the city, the twists and turns in the plots, your powers, your enemies, it all just makes you go "wow". And not just the first time you lay your eyes upon it. That Lightning storm makes me feel like a god everytime it comes down upon my enemies, civilians, vehicles, ..

10/10

Replay Value:

The game aids you in this, as it encourages you to play the game at least twice. Once FAMOUS, once INFAMOUS. So replay value is definatly there! And I'm quite sure that once you've played both Hero/Villain parts once (and most likely very short after each other) that many gamers will return to this game every now and then.

8/10

Rent Or Buy This Game?

Well Trophy collectors or people who aren't into the whole Superhero genre thing could easily just rent this game, as it is quite addictive and the story can be finished quite soon.

But to the fans of the genre, I'd say this is a must-buy!

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating:

Out of all the games I've played so far on PS3, I'm sure to say that inFAMOUS is my absolute favorite! Its just good fun, easy on the eyes. It feels like you are actually playing inside a Superhero comic book, and it feels great!

I'd give inFAMOUS a very satisfying 9/10 !

Story: the Story is very cool & how it canges depending on who you chose Good/Evil & with a wiked ending 9/10

Gameplay: the game play is very kool & how yu dont get vry thng when you stare off, & will not get boring if you a big free froming game 10/10

Controls: the controls 4 this game will not let you down you will get on with them well 9/10

Graphics: the Graphics are 1 of thes game best thing i whold say the are 1 of the best ive sin 4 a game like this 10/10!

Sound: the sound was fine but just wish you could of play the music on you ps3 on it :( 8/10

Wow Factor: with the Graphics & the Awsome to coinside with a wiked story ther you wow factor 10/10!

Replay Value: it deponds on the person & if you just got it 4 trophies but yer its fun 2 just roam the city 9/10 :D

Rent Or Buy This Game? this game is a must-buy!! but iver way you have 2 play this game if you dont u missing sume thing grate!!

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: i think inFamous is a must-buy game its 1 of the ps3 game that make the console stand out you missing sume thing specal if yu done get it 9.5/10

Story: it was great beacause of the choices and decisions that you had to make along the story ill give it a 10

Gameplay: very good a 9

Controls: yeah it was good ill give it a 9

Graphics: ill give this an 8 because i expected more from it but it was good

Sound:ill have to give it a 5 beacause it didnt really have anything special and in some levels the sound was not synched or it was annoying

Wow Factor:actully it shocked me very much because i wasnt expecting such a good game i just thought it would be one of those exclusive games that are not so good like haze and so many others but yeah ill give this a 10 too

Replay Value:Beacause since i play every game for the trophies yeah ill give it a 10

Multiplayer Experience: it really sucked that the game didnt have a multiplayer a zeroooo lol

Rent Or Buy This Game:Buy but i rented it lol:d

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating:i really liked the game and lookin forward to buyin it soon Final Score:9

Edited by BuLlEtPrOoFzOrRo

Story: 10. The story is the best part about the game. I really loved it and the ending is so amazing it's probably the 2nd best game in terms of story I've played (First would be Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

Gameplay: 8.

Controls: 6 The controls for pretty good because of the controls I find it hard to get some of the stunts.

Graphics: 7. Not the best graphics but still good. I really liked the comic cut scenes.

Sound: 5. Missing a good soundtrack and the button on the streets get on my nerves

Wow Factor: 10. It's pretty stunning when you first start until you beat the final boss.

Replay Value: 7. I liked the story enough to play it a few more times but I'd say that's the main reason besides trophies to play it over.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Def. a buy. It's a nice game to have in your collection even though you can beat the story mode in less than a week.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 8. The story carries this game and the character development is also very worth while. Just an overall amazing gaming experience.

Story:

Very compelling and interesting, but the differences between good & evil playthroughs are all the small side. Definitely screams "SEQUEL!" Not a bad thing, because it's so good, as long as they do make a sequel. 9/10

Gameplay:

I love the way all your ammo for any move comes from the same sources, which are often easily available for recharge. Battle flows superbly, and rarely feels TOO hard, even playing on Hard for Trophies. I already have the Platinum, but still kind of want to replay again, just because it's THAT good. 10/10

Controls:

Generally very precise and great in battle, with a few minor issues during platforming where Cole will lock on to the wrong landing point. These issues aren't too frequent or troublesome, but still worth one knocked off point. 9/10

Graphics:

Not an area I put high priority on, personally. From my point of view, the graphics are very good overall, though they are a bit marred by pop-up issues, especially when you're travelling on the train tracks. This doesn't bother me much because I care much more about gameplay, but it's worth being aware of. 9/10

Sound:

Not a high point of the game, really. The voice acting is better than in a lot of games, but not the best out there. The music is good, but nothing you'll remember after playing (especially since it's not playing through all that much of the game, which I suppose is common for the genre). The sound effects are well-done. 8/10

Wow Factor:

Honestly, I'm not even sure what this entry is supposed to mean. The game did exceed my overall expectations of quality, though, and the ending of the story is REALLY a "Wow!" moment (with subsequent replay having story elements that make more sense in light of what you've learned), 10/10

Replay Value:

Like I already said, I've played through this game the two times necessary to get the Platinum Trophy already, but it's good enough I'm half considering giving it a third go now. I can't think of any other game I'd want to play through three times in a row without further Trophy earning as incentive! 10/10

Rent or Buy:

Buy, for sure. With replay value like this, you'll definitely get your money's worth!

Verdict With Overall Score:

My personal priorities in games put emphasis on great gameplay and story, which this title excels at. Were it not for a few random minor bugs in-game (mostly enemies getting stuck on the environment mid-death, though I did fall through the street in the Warren once), I'd give it a perfect score. Those little problems should in no way be the deciding factor in your buying or not buying this game, though. I give it my hearty recommendation. 9/10

Edited by Stuffgamer1
Consolidating posts from PS3 browser

Story: 9/10 I read a lot of previews before i bought this game so i kinda knew what was coming a little bit. I figured it would be a typical storyline with nothing really spectacular to it. But was i ever wrong. The twists and turns this game makes throughout the storyline makes this game very interesting. Throw in the fact that there is TWO storylines to play through (evil/good) makes this game all the better. Ive seen better storylines on games for sure but this game is still up there on the scale.

Gameplay: 9/10 I found the gameplay to be good as well. I researched Sucker Punch games before getting inFAMOUS simply due to the fact that i never really had heard of them. Usually when smaller/less known companies put out a game it kinda shows. But i really think the designers did an awesome job with this one. The gameplay on inFAMOUS is really easy to get used to. After a couple hours it has a nice flow to it. As with all games there is a couple of annoying spots or hard to get past spots but nothing to terrible.

Controls: 10/10 In reading the previews it said that Cole was going to have a lot of powers to choose from. I was a bit worried about this because lets face it, the ps3 controller has only so many buttons. But the way they pulled it off was really slick. I would have to say that i was very impressed about actually how EASY it was to control Cole and his variety of powers throughout the game. Practically every single button was used on the controller but it wasnt hard to do. There was a very spots when your frantically pushing buttons but hey al games are like that.

Graphics: 8.5/10 Seeing as this is made for a next-gen console i expected the graphics to be good already so when reviewing graphics you need to be picky. I thought the graphics were good however their was some glitchy spots that i found. Obviously the developer cant fix all graphical glitches on a huge game. All the powers Cole can use look AMAZING. Sucker Punch did a nice job a re-creating the lightning effects. I found the cutscenes to be interesting. At first i was like EW comic book style?!?!? But after awhile they grew on me. Now i can see why they chose that style. It makes the game unique.

Sound: 8/10 I found the sound to be nice as well. All the sound effects for the different powers were well done. I thought the voice actor for Cole was the perfect choice. The only thing bad i have to say about the sound is how the music was kinda random through the game. Id be playing along and then music just kinda comes from nowhere and for no reason. Found that a bit weird. Other than that sound was great.

Wow Factor: 10/10 This one is a no brainer. Come on the guy can shoot lightning from his hands and heal from electricity. How is that NOT cool? At first i thought it would be just another Hero/Menace game. And while it kind of was, the differences in the storyline and powers depending on which side you picked was awesome. As i was playing through good i couldnt wait to get to play evil. Thats how you want it to be.

Replay Value: 10/10 Obviously this rating is high because you need to play through it a second time for all the trophies. But looking past the trophies i think its still a good replay value. Eventhough i probably wont play it for awhile ill definitely go back to it simply because its so awesome.

Rent Or Buy This Game: BUY Definitely buy this game. Its long gameplay hours and replay value makes this game definitely a buy game. Plus you have fun showing all your friends Cole's powers.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 9/10 inFAMOUS is simply amazing. I had expectations when i first got it and through it all the game exceeded all of them. Sure the shards were a bit time consuming to get. And some of the stunts were annoying. But how this game is delivered is just awesome. Ill definitely hang onto this one and i encourage everyone out there to buy this game. I know that youll love this game.

WickedNite

Story: 10 When I first read about this game I felt I was going to be getting something fun but lacking in story. However I was extremely happy to see the story was anything but, though the main character perhaps did not draw me in fully I felt the tones and directions of the story were fascinating. As such it quickly became one of the much stronger story lines on the playstation and most likely the best 3rd person action games. I will just put it this way untill the ending you cannot say anything about the story because that is when it truly hits you what a fantastic game it truly is.

Gameplay: 9 The gameplay is fun and relatively fast paced, it does not really challenge you mentally but the combat system and leveling system is fantastic and very easy to come to terms with. Not to mention it can go a bit further and become something complicated and more rewarding if you try for it. However it loses a point for the 350 blast shards, they are easy enough to find without a guide but it does take a lot of the wind out of the sails.

Controls: 9 Fantastic controls that are very easy to come to terms with and an aiming system that is easy to manage. However dropping down the side of a cliff can be somewhat tedius as cole desperately clings to every surface he sees.

Graphics: 8 Nothing amazing and certainly not setting the standard but at the same time it is not bad either. You have a lot going on, on your screen at one time which obviously is impressive and I personally suffered no screen lag though others have complained about it. The thunder effects look fantastic and cole himself is very well graphiced but like I say it is not setting any new precidents.

Sound: 8 Sound is okay though I neverly really noticed it much, occasionally it sounded like a steel band was behind my tv making some noise and the sounds of the city seemed okay. However compared to games like GTA4 it is not providing anything ground breaking.

Wow Factor: 10 Well WOW factor wise it is great and I was completely wowed playing it. Given the large hype behind the game it unlike many others lived up to the height and gave a must have PS3 exclusive. Everything about playing it feels great and I was truly surprised by Sucker Punches offering to the Sandbox genre.

Replay Value: 8 You have the option of playing as good or evil and will as such need to play a second time to truly see and experience all the game has to offer. There are subtle differences between Both karmas in the story and the ending is interesting to see as both so it is well worth returning to. As for things keeping you going after the main story there is a lot of side missions to take part in and all felt enjoyable to play. However once you platinum this game there is little need to return to it bar simply to relive the story in the future so this is where it fails. In saying that I will play it again ready for Infamous 2.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Easy to finish and experience in a rental but personally I would always buy it.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 9 Final points this is a fantastic game that is a must play for any ps3 owner but be advised it does not take long to complete to 100% with all platinums, perhaps 30hours. Definately a very strong point for the Sony exclusives and it compares fantastically to other games in the sandbox genre such as GTA 4, Far cry 2, Mercenaries 2.

Edited by Harryt1pper

Story: 9/10 I really liked the story, they set up a pretty cool super hero/villain

Gameplay: 8.5/10 I had alot of fun with it but at times is did get a tiny little bit repetitive

Controls: 9/10 Controls were easy to master, even with all the powers.

Graphics: 8.5/10 A couple dips here and there, especially when u climb that one super high building, still good tho.

Sound:9/10 Sound was great, loved Cole's batman like voice.

Wow Factor: 9.5/10 LOVED the ending, which was the biggest wow thing for me. great twists here and there

Replay Value: 8/10 I already got the platinum and i will still find myself playing, just fun to go around the city.

Rent Or Buy This Game? MUST BUY!!!

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 9/10

Story:

Wow, the Sly team is back in business with one of the best stories for a sandbox game that I've ever played (and I've been an avid sandbox game player since the original GTA for the PS1).

9/10

Gameplay:

The gameplay is very good. The situations you'll encounter will have you either sneaking up and taking out a few guys or going all Rambo style, with lightning blazing!

9/10

Controls:

Awesome! Nuff said.

10/10

Graphics:

The graphics look better then you'd expect in a sandbox game, which really shows what you can do with Bluray.

8.5/10

Sound:

Really good, the music changes with the mood of the city, which keeps it from getting boring.

8/10

Wow Factor:

When I first put this in I was astonished. My first thoughts were that it was like Spider Man 2 (the modern city with modern day villains), mixed with Assassins Creed (with its the climbing aspect).

10/10

Replay Value:

The game has you playing a minimal of two playthroughs, inFAMOUS or the hero. Its the kind of game that you'll pop in just to climb around, enjoy the city, and electrocute a few enemy's! Without any online you have to think its like playing on last gen, when most games didn't have online multiplayer.

8/10

Rent Or Buy This Game?

If you like sandbox, superhero/inFAMOUS, kickass games, then this is a definite buy. If you don't, but like some easy trophies then this is a great rent. Either way you at least need to try this game.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating:

Out of all the games I've played on the PS3, this is one of the best! It has eveying you'd want in a sandbox game, I know I'm not the first to say this but it like "GTA with superpowers"

I'm giving inFAMOUS 8.9 out of 10!

Story: 9.5/10

The storyline is excellent. You cannot help but immerse yourself in the tragedy that has befallen Empire City. The choices you make in the game not only unravel the story differently but they also increase the weight of responsibility on your shoulders. Be a hero, feel the pressure of trying to fix current and prevent further disaster. Be infamous, feel the guilt of having all the blood on your hands. Regardless, both paths provide a full, tightknit story that is sure to excite, entice and surprise you.

Gameplay: 9.5/10

Prior to release - upon viewing gameplay footage - I thought the game looked repetitive and boring. Upon playing and completing the game... I can surely say I was wrong. The gameplay is very fluid. And never gets old. You truly feel like a hero or a villain pending on which journey you choose to embark on. Choices aside, you have all the power and all the control.

The near flawlessness of this game blew my expectations out of the water. One small criticism I can provide in this section is that it would have been nice for the enemies to not be so segregated; there's one 'race' of enemy per island (Reapers, Dustmen etc). However the storyline warrants some explanation for why this is, and I'm ok with that! :)

As an aside... while seemingly insignificant, I loved how, though Sucker Punch chose to include collectibles, those collectibles not only served a purpose but they were not hidden. Being a completionist, (and somewhat OCD at that) it is a large irritance of mine when developers ask you to search for hundreds of well hidden items in a boring fashion which warrant you no reward of any kind.

Controls: 9.5/10

Amazing controls. Very smooth, easy to master. The button configuration is a smart one. The game allows you to do what you want to do, when you want to do it, with ease. New abilities are introduced very nicely in the game as well, so extra button combos do not become overwhelming in the least.

New and experienced gamers alike will not find much difficulty in maneuvering Cole throughout Empire City, and that's what makes it wonderful.

Graphics: 8.5/10

Stunning at first take. The city is affected by the destruction or the cleansing of the city as initated by you, which is awesome, however the buildings all look relatively the same. Also, you will encounter minor framerate drops from time to time.

Sound: 8.5/10

The dialogue is intriguing, the voices are animated rather than monotonous. Cole always sounded a bit too melancholy, even when being a hero; however given the setting of the game, it's understandable.

Music is absent at times throughout the game. Personally I enjoyed this dead quiet from time to time as it shifts your full undivided attention to the audio effects of your powers. Unleash a massive thunder storm in a 'you can hear a pin drop' quiet, seemingly peaceful location. It's fun.

Wow Factor: 9/10

The game in itself was a big wow factor all around as my initial expectations were not so high. I thought the game was all hype. I'm glad I was wrong.

Also, the storyline was a big wow factor for me. Rather than being a bystander as some other games unfortunately have you be; you are put inside this game, you feel for the characters and the situations and your actions do make a difference. Furthermore, I was constantly trying to anticipate what was going to happen, and consistently blindsided with some challenge, scenario, or cutscene that I could never have expected. Awesome.:)

Replay Value: 8/10

Infamous caters to replayability not through having a multiplayer experience, but by providing a multipath experience. Curiousity in itself is enough to make anyone want to replay this game. After my first completion (as a good guy), I felt compelled to start the game up again almost immediately and embark on a journey as a bad guy. In both experiences I was tempted to sway, and not make every good or bad decision respectively. This was due to the fact that the game puts you inside Cole's head. He provides logical reasons why he should or should not do the right thing. This places you in a moral dilemma and forces you, the player, to make a decision. Be selfish or be selfless... both have reprocussions.

Rent Or Buy This Game?

Rent it or buy it. It doesn't matter. As long as you play it.

In my opinion it is most certainly worth a purchase but if for whatever reason you cannot or do not want to buy it, just make sure you don't pass up on the experience entirely.

Bottom Line: PLAY THIS GAME. And then play it again!

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 9/10

My final rating is not a 10 only because I consider no game as being 'perfect'. However, Infamous comes pretty darn close. I completely did not expect as much as I got out of this game and that's what makes it all the better. Infamous is a game I will undoubtedly remember. It provided a standard with which to compare future games to.

If sandbox gaming continues to head in the direction Sucker Punch took with Infamous, I look forward to the years of gaming to come.

Edited by l8scent
formatting

Story:9/10

This was to me the best part of the game, i liked how it unfolded and the twist at the end was shocking.one of the best stories i have played trough recently

Gameplay:8/10

the combat felt great, the only problems i had were with the mele attacks. they never seemed to go where i wanted them to. and the climbing sometimes felt like it didnt go where i wanted it to go to.

Controls:9/10

Simple controls easy to get used to and to remember.

Graphics:8/10

The lightning was awesome, the city looked good, the textures were better than i expected, my only gripe was with the lighting, it looked terrible at points

Sound:9/10

The lightning sounded as good as it looked, the sound effects and city sounds all felt in place, and the soundtrack felt at home with the game.

Wow Factor:8/10

I was visualy impressed in many points for example the very beginning when you are at the crater, and thunder droping from high altitudes dosent get old.

Replay Value:8/10

This game is definetly worth two playtrought to see how the good side and bad side differ from each other. but once i finished with my platinum i found myself not wanting to play it anymore.

Rent Or Buy This Game?

If you are a fan of sandbox games this is a buy, if not then maybe its a rental

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating:8.3

Story:

At the beggning i thought story was kinda dumb, but as the game progresses ull be gladly surprised and by the end you'll love it.

Gameplay:

Very natural, it jumps to where u want to jump, the learning curve is very ez.

Controls:

Very intuitive, very Ez to learn and master in a few minutes.

Graphics:

Not the greates looking game but its not all about the graphics, but if u consider its an oppen world, the game looks great and has steady framerates even when ur destroying half the city all at once.

Sound: Amazing, goes great with the destruction u can create.

Replay Value: U can be Bad or Good cole, the story wont change as much, but still funn.

Rent Or Buy This Game? If ur a trophy whore go ahead and rent it, but if u like having good games in ur collection this is a must have!!!

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: PLEASE VOTE! Gave it a 9

InFamous is a extremely addicting game with so much to offer and so much potential. In Infamous you play as Cole a delivery… guy… who is delivering a package when it explodes causing the city around you to become quarantined by the US government. Somehow Cole survives the blast and becomes mutated with electricity style powers. These powers allow Cole to do some extremely extraordinary things. Such as jumping off buildings, shooting electric bolts, gliding and more. As Cole learns to control this powers he tries to figure out what exactly happened and who is to blame.

As you go through the game you fight 3 rival gangs. 1 controlling each of the three islands. The story itself is extremely interesting. You learn bit by bit of how this all came to be and with some friends he attempts to stop it. The game allows you take your own approach to how you want to play. Many karma moments in the game give you a choice to make a selfless of selfish decision. According to what you choose it will shape you to who you become. A hero or a criminal. This part of the game allows a lot of freedom because every more you make can have an impact to who you want to become. You have a karma-o-meter that shows how much of a hero you are of how evil you are. You can heal the pedestrian on the sidewalk or you can shock them. You can help the man being mugged or you can walk away, its your choice. The story itself will bend according to how you play making it a different game both times through.

As you progress through each island you have the opportunity to take over a apart of the city away from the gangs. These require you to play a side mission to push the gangs out. Again, they give you the choice to play a evil or good side mission according to your preference. These side missions are toughly enjoyable and extremely entertaining. However some may become a little repetitive. You may find your self doing the same type of side mission many times. But with all the zones to cover that’s hardly a big flaw.

As you progress through the story the people around you will react to how they like you. Giving you the feeling that your actions really do impact the game. This is another example on how this game gives a real good sense of atmosphere. You also build your powers. Every time you do a action you earn experience points that allow you to unlock many different powers to use against the gangs. Everything from a electric grenade to a huge lightning shock that rips from the sky . All these different moves keep the game fresh and constantly changing. The game also gives you a stunt list with various stunts to perform. Which gives you a good reason to use all your different powers. As well as this stunt list the game also gives you many other things to find. Including 350 electric shards to collect. These are useful in the game because as you collect them it unlocks more slots to charge your powers. Allowing you to use your powers for longer periods of time without a need to recharge. As well as these shards there are also dead drops which are basically radar dishes with hidden messages. These unravel a side story that connects to the main story. But the part I find extremely unique is that fact that Sucker Punch helps you find all of these. You have the ability to scan for electric objects and they actually show you were all the near by radars and shards are. This may seem like a give away, but it was much more fun then finding hidden packages in GTA. Although you could see the near by items you still needed to get there and get them. Ok, so you know its on that building, but where? You need to climb that building to find it. I could not stop finding these shards once I started!

The game mechanics in this game are decent. When Cole climbs a building it is really well animated. The game encourages you to climb everything and climb it you shall. However since the game wants you to climb everything you will find that its really hard to let go sometimes. Cole gets glued into every object so much that you will find it extremely frustrating at times as you attempt to let go. An example is when I had a mission to seek and destroy 3 UAVs flying in the local area. But you had to collect data from them before the auto destruct destroyed the wreckage. As I shot down the final one it fell on a fire escape. As I landed next to it I was glued onto the railing and could not get off! I tried to jump off it to land in the center, but it just glued me onto the other railing!! Sure enough it took me so long to get off the railing that it blew up and I failed. This is not how a mission should end. Although the climbing is a problem it is non the less very amazing. But there are more problems with the environment. Many glitches that take greatly from the experience of the game. It is really troublesome when you are doing a level and then you suddenly jump onto a mailbox and die… or when your trying to climb a building and suddenly your inside it. Also why on earth can you disable some turrets when the one right next to it you cant! In its defence: I suppose some are built stronger then others. These are just a few of the many glitches in this game. It seems like they rather rushed the QA testing and rather then testing they just booted the game out the door. But despite the many, many glitches you can still enjoy the game easily with not much worry for these problems.

Over all inFamous is a glitched game, but amazingly addicting. It is easy to get lost in the world of inFamous because it has just that much to offer. From an incredible story to a great variety of game styles, moves, and missions. This is easily an instant classic. Despite the many technical problems and mediocre graphics this game is something we hope to see more of in the future.

Gameplay - 17/20

Graphics - 3/5

Sound - 5/5

Story - 5/5

30/35

85%

Story:10, For a sandbox game the story is very rich and in depth and makes you care somewhat about Cole and his friends struggle in Empire City, plus the ending is really good:D

Gameplay:9, Fun, fast, furious combat, a great climbing mechanic that makes Cole grab what one want him to grab and many way to go into a fight and take the enemies down

Controls:10, Simple and easy to learn and master in a short amount of time, also everything is where it needs to be.

Graphics:9, Cole is highly detail such as his face and the way his body morphs whether you are good or evil. The lightning is also well body, as for the city it has many landmarks but the city starts to look the same after awhile.

Sound:9, The sound is clear as day and well done as voice acting or all the explosions going on in the game. Cole's voice really stands out like it should.

Wow Factor:10, I wasn't really following the game too much until I read a article about a week before the game came out and I got really pumped for it and I wasn't let down.

Replay Value:8, The good evil scale allows for two different games in one but with no multiplayer the replay value runs a little short.

Rent Or Buy This Game? BUY must have in a PS3 collection.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 5/5 10/10 100% whatever you want.

Story(8/10)- Be good or bad as Cole in A HUGE city with electricity poweres and cool Assassin's Creed like wall climbing

Gameplay(9/10)- Cool moves, cover mechanic works well and nice hand to hand combat. I personally like his Spartan kick

Controls(8/10)- Tight controls but a little sticky when it comes to you wanting to jump off the highest point in the game and he grabs something half-way down or jumping in the wrong direction and you grab something

Graphics(7/10)- Not amazing, framerate slips in some places and not a good draw distance(being able to see a beautiful background). However they look good when you respawn in the nearest clinic. I like the little touches with the electricity(on melee and thunder drops)

Sound(7/10)- The music dissapears sometimes. However its cool how you hear people call out for you in the distance.

Wow Factor(10/10)- I like how the game plays out and how amazing some of the later powers are as you progress. I personally like how you can't die from a 500 foot drop but roll instead. Sucker Punch definitely knows how to make free roaming games.

Replay Value(9/10)- Definitely to see how your Sith-like side develops. I know I'm playing it again

Multiplayer Experience-N/A

Rent or Buy?- I always advise to either

a) play a demo

b) borrow from a friend

But I'd go for buy if you've liked what you've read about this game so far

Final Verdict(9/10) Story is well developed. The combat and karma moments Good vs Bad are defintely strong points for this game. Graphics and sund aren't the best but its a strong title in Sony's exclusives list

Story: 9 (The comic style way the story unfolds is very stylish and has may twist and turns to keep you guessing.)

Gameplay: 9.5 (This game consumes you..after you put it down you cant stop thinking about playing it again. Very solid gameplay.)

Controls: 9 (Contols are tight and very responsive. Easy to learn and master.

Graphics: 9 (Solid graphics..not really any slowdown especially when there are 100 explosions on screen at once.)

Sound: 9 (Great moody soundtrack, excellent effects and some unique sounds give it the edge.)

Wow Factor: 9 (You get a real sence of power from this game and really feel like you are a badass.)

Multiplayer Experience: 0 (No online component..not really needed though since the single player campaign is soo good.)

Rent Or Buy This Game? Either (Has moderate replay value but can be finished 100% in about 2 weeks)

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: (Percentage out of 100) e.g. 95%

I would give it an overall 9.5 (95%). It is a great game. Very polished and pretty much perfected the sandbox genre.

I would reccomend this game for sure and have already. Very satifying gameplay and alot to do. You look good doing it too.

Story: The story in this game is one of the best in recent times, its engaging, it draws you in, whichever side you choose to go you'll feel like your apart of it, and the ending is one to write home about. 9/10

Gameplay: It works well where it needs to work, fighting is good, the different lightning attacks are brilliant, lets be honest who didn't like unleashing hell with a lightning storm.

Only problem would be that after you've done both sides of the story and collected everything there isnt really anywhere else to go or anything else to do except wander around aimlessly killing randoms, runs out of fun. 8/10

Controls: The controls swing both ways, they are easy to use everything is well mapped to different buttons, problems occur though when it comes to melee attacks not always going to where you want them, also jumping can get frustrating at times when trying to climb and things no going how you want them too. 7/10

Graphics: Its a sandbox game, no one expected it to be matching final fantasy type graphics, but for sandbox it takes it to the next level.

The comic-esque cutscenes that progress the story work excellently, helps add to the superhero flavour. 8/10

Sound: Lightning Sounds excellent and thats a plus. While playing your mainly gonna hear silence and the sounds of the citizens either praising you or hating you, both make you feel more involved.

A special mention for the song during the credits, it fits the game perfectly. 9/10

Wow Factor: The minute you play this game you should like it, for me getting to be a superhero/anti hero is a dream, and inFamous helped me live that dream a little. 8/10

Replay Value: Twice is all you really need to play this game, i managed to do that in less than a week so replayability is lacking. 6/10

Rent Or Buy This Game? If your preference is for long games and you just want to see what its like Rent....if your into superheroes and great games Buy.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: Since i heard about this game i knew it was gonna be good, a superhero/antihero is a brilliant pemice, in fact im hoping for more like this but with different powers. If you own a PS3 you need to play this game it's as simple as that. Overall Rating 8/10

Story: 9/10 The story is amazing and has a bunch of twists and turns. There's an awesome ending to the game; it's completely unexpected. The story just draws you in a leaves you wanting more. It's one of the main reasons that it's hard to put the game down.

Gameplay: 10/10 This game is the most fun I've had with a game in a while. The XP system is awesome, and the ability to have different powers whether you choose to be good or evil is great. Overall, the gameplay in this game is one of the best experiences I've had playing a game.

Controls: 9/10 The controls are easy to learn and master. You can easily figure out how to do everything within 5 minutes of playing the game. The aiming system is pretty good and you definately won't be dying due to crappy controls. It is annoying that Cole tries to grab everything around him though.

Graphics: 8/10 The graphics aren't the best I've seen but they're pretty good. Then again, I don't have an HDTV so I'm probably not the best person to be judging the graphics. There is some pop-in at times but it's not game breaking.

Sound: 8/10 The game sounds good but there's definately not anything special about it. The music is well-suited for the game but it does come randomly at times.

Wow Factor: 10/10 I bought this game without even really knowing what it was all about. I played the demo, and bought the game the next day. I was amazed at how fun the game was and I couldn't put it down. I kept playing it nonstop until I beat it.

Replay Value: 9/10 You get the ability to play as either good or evil throughout the game. Each karma has some small difference but it feels alot different to have everyone running away from you rather than worshipping you. The two karmas are very different gameplay-wise but are pretty similar story-wise.

Multiplayer Experince: N/A

Rent or Buy? Definately buy the game. It is an awesome game and you won't regret it. It's a great game to have in your collection and it can be fun to just pop in when your bored and fry some pedestrians, explode some cars, or glide across rooftops. If you rent the game, you'll end up wanting to buy it.

Overall: 9/10 inFamous is an excellent game and should definately be in your collection. You should at least play the game if you own a PS3. It's a great experience, and there's lots to explore in the open world.

Story: 7.5

its interesting but nothing that makes you go wtf or that we havent seen before. it could get better as i progress tho (didnt finish the game yet). the comics part is a nice touch.

Gameplay/Controls: 9

the strong point of infamous is its gameplay. its goddamn fun, easy and addictive. you climb everything easely, sometimes too much! sometimes it feels like there is a pattern in the missions cause they look like each others (escort bad guys, follow that dude, etc...).

Graphics: 8

good, technically the job is done even if a car pops in here and there. you can blast things up and make everything on screen explode and still no big framerate issues. the little comics animation look nice but the in-game characters looks nothing special. especially during the in-game cut scenes (1st time i saw cole's girlfriend Trish ewww what a cutie right?). the game really could use some better art direction. Cole lacks style and originality, the islands looks too much alikes (when i arrived in 2nd island i thought i was still in the 1st one) and the 1st boss looked ridiculous... O_O

Sound: 7

the music is nice... i think? if only i could hear it more often that would help having an opinion.

Wow Factor: 8

kudos to infamous for being best sandbox game involving super powers. you wanna be a superhero? this is probably your best shot.

Replay Value: 7.5

once you beat the game, you might do it again choosing the opposite side (good/evil). thats a lot of hours. there are tons of goodies to collect if you're into it (i am).

Rent or Buy? Buy, you cheap ass punks.

Overall: 8.5

infamous is a pretty good game with some flaws. its a big project and its safe to say that sucker punch pulled it off. but because the game is a good surprise, people are being a little too generous with the ratings here lol i would have enjoyed the game much more with a better character design, a main character that looks more interesting, better work on the in-game faces and animations during cut scenes etc...

as for good vs evil concept, its not that much a big deal. its cool, yes. but from what i've seen it doesnt change the game drastically. wether you choose to be good or evil, your abilities barely change. its not like its a totally different set of new super powers. the citizens react differently but i dont think the story will be totally different either. so once again, easy on the perfect ratings.

while not being the best game i have ever played, infamous is definitely a very good title and a very enjoyable game to pick for the summer!

Edited by KiRBY83

Story: 10/10 this game got one of the best stories, that include everything u want in em

Gameplay: 10/10 a easy and fun gameplay, to move around the city is really easy and exiting, u can climb every building and frying enemies, is fun and easy

Controls: 10/10 the controller, is really simple, and it wont take to long to get used, since there are so many skills u could use, they did a good job with it

Graphics: 9/10 this game got nice graphics, but not perfect, even tho its still better than gta, it could of been a lil better

Sound: 9/10 the game sounds alright, not to much 2 say here, didn't hear anything that i would be like wtf, or anything that would make me say wow

Wow Factor: 10/10 Storyline is def a wow factor, there are moments that ur like wtf, no way!!!!

Replay Value: well it's defenetly worth playing twice as good and bad

Rent Or Buy This Game? i would say rent since u can do everything in a week, but its a great game so who wants it in there collection let em buy it

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 9/10 and only reason y it didnt get a 10 is becouse the game is short, in a week u can platinum it, and there is nothing more to do

Story: 9.5/10 I thought the story was really great, and it kept me hooked no matter what karma I was playing. Lots of twists kept me guessing and the ending was very worth all the drama.

Gameplay: 10/10 The whole concept revolves around choices. Good or evil, you'll need, (and frankly will want) to play as the other karma side and see how the opposite decisions presented during missions will affect you, (also it's necessary to earn storyline trophies based on your choices.)

Controls: 9/10 The controls are a sinch to master as it carries the basic platforming buttons (X = Jump, Square = Standard Melee, Circle = Dodge Roll, etc.)

Graphics: 8/10 The graphics are rather decent, but faces during talking scenes are kinda blocky.

Sound: 8/10 Cole's electric moves make realistic sizzling sounds. Explosions are well captured and you can tell where they're coming from bassed on the pre-launch noise, and hopefully have time to move away.

Wow Factor: 10/10 The story was well presented and all of Cole's moves made me grin each time an enemy was succumbed.

Replay Value: 9/10 At least 1-2 more playthroughs to get both side's trophies.

Rent Or Buy This Game? This was a great game, so I say buy.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: inFamous provided me with plenty of solid gameplay, memorable moments, and my first gold and platinum trophies, (which overall weren't painstakingly hard to get with the exception of Rockhound and Stunt Master.) Right now, it's got my vote for PS3 game of the year. :) I reccommend it to anyone with a PS3.

Story: 10 Great story love the twist at the end!

Gameplay: 10 Great use of your powers

Controls: 9 Very good my only complaint was trying to position cole sometime no matter what i did he just wouldnt jump on that damn shard

Graphics: 10 great work!

Sound: 9 Good sound effect but got repetitive

Wow Factor: 9 the only power that really blew me away was the lighning storm and you didnt get that till very late

Replay Value: 7 you got 2 playthroughs max i dont think i will see the need to go back and play again. My good playthough is 100% and my evil/hard playthrough will be just enough to get the plat.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Buy!! You gotta support the PS3 exclusives they have pretty much shit the bed if you are the type to buy very few games (not me) at the very least be sure to buy all the exclusives! Plus this game kicks ass

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 9.5 almost perfect must buy!