Finally the solution for the ugc issue!

KyoRML007

So, earlier today i was checking in the infamous 2 forum that some people had some connection issues with the ugc. i remembered that in my playthrough suddenly those green missions stoped appearing. so today when i arrived i try to get those myself, and guess what?? i could not do it. i checked the forums for some solutions, but 2 caught my eye. they were talking about changing dns settings. but more, they were suggesting different settings. if i recall right one was like this:

dns1: 8.8.8.8

dns2: 8.8.8.4

and the other like this:

dns1: 4.2.2.1

dns2: 4.2.2.2.

other thing was that this configuration seemed to work for some people but not everyone. the thing is like this. that configuration is dependent of the place you are, geografically speaking. a person in the united states could use one for better results, and someone on the uk, another one differently. so, how can we know what dns is the best to use in our location?? check the next link:

namebench - Open-source DNS Benchmark Utility - Google Project Hosting

basically, in here you can download a program that will tell you the best dns available where you are connecting to the internet. use those dns settings in your ps3, and you are done. right now im connected, and about to do those trophies.

oohh, and for the people who does not know how to change dns settings in the ps3, is really simple. Go to Network Settings, then internet connection settings, select ok, then custom, then you choose if its a wired or wireless connection. for the sake of getting this right, in the next steps after choosing the kind of connection (i did this with a wired connection, but im sure is the same with wireless) is suggest selecting auto-detect, then automatic, then do not set, and then manual. this last option is the dns setting you need to change.

run the program that you can download of the link i listed, let it do its thing, it will take about 20 minutes to give results and then write the primary server and the secondary server where primary DNS and secondary DNS are respectively. you will not use the 3rd.

after writing the dns's on the ps3, the next option is Automatic and then do not use, and then disable and then test the connection. the connection should work, you only changed to a closer dns. run the game and the ugc should load without any issue.

right now im doing the missions, not sure if i will finish all today, but at least the trophy with the 5 will be uploaded as proof.

edit: i have now earned the trophies, at the moment im writing this i dont think they show on my card, maybe in a few hours. i would like to know if this was useful to anyone, if would be nice if somene else tries this method to see if really works or i was just lucky.

Edit 2: For some people also, opening tcp and udp ports have made the trick.

PS3 inFamous ports are:

TCP Port: 5223

UDP Ports: 5223, 3478, 3479, 3658.

Credit to alien666 for the info.

in case you were wondering, those settings are set on your router, you need your computer to change those. the access to that configuration is dependant on your router, so if you dont know how to access the configuration menu, check the internet for your router model or contact your isp for more information.

Edited by KyoRML007

The fun thing is i did everything, i mean everything, already, it was an hard research work, but nothin happened. I also opened my TCP and UDP ports with no success. I guess the only chance i have is getting a disc copy and try with it, coz it appears like this issue happens to the people who own a digital version of the game

edit: o, of course i also found what's the best DNS for my region thhrough that program (i found it out yesterday), but still nothing...

re-edit: anyway ty so much for this topic ;-)

Edited by MerioMerio

GREAT NEWS!

It's working now! I did your same things yesterday and in plus i opened TCP and UDP ports. Btw yesterday it wasn't working, while today it is with the same settings! Great, i just hope i'll be able to keep UGC open 'till i get all the online trophies

edit: finally got UGC trophies :-)

Edited by MerioMerio

I follow every advice here to try to connect to the UGC won't work at all =(, any other solution that you could give because im very upset and about to give up to platinum this game

if it works for you, i also disconnected both my ps3 and router power supply for a few minutes, then logged back, altough im not sure this affeted my case on a positive way. im assuming you runned the program, so double check the dns adresses, maybe you got something wrong.

also, i was playing yesterday, and the missions didnt appear yet again... maybe an issue with sucker punch's servers??

if it works for you, i also disconnected both my ps3 and router power supply for a few minutes, then logged back, altough im not sure this affeted my case on a positive way. im assuming you runned the program, so double check the dns adresses, maybe you got something wrong.

also, i was playing yesterday, and the missions didnt appear yet again... maybe an issue with sucker punch's servers??

I think that servers went down, I tried connecting using my mobile phone and has the same issue, try to access infamousthegame.com but can't pass the age verification page, I entered to festival of blood and gave me the same issue every other game from sony that I had is working fine there is no doubt this is an issue in UGC servers.:mad:

The same for me. I did everything step by step like this thread said but still "UGC server login failed". I`ve had connestion problems for last two days. I think something is wrong with Sucker Punch server.

Try to use that software to search the best router for your region and open your ports. Then try the day later to connect with UGC. I know well how annoying is this issue, but i'm almost sure you can fix it following the advices wrote in this topic

Try to use that software to search the best router for your region and open your ports. Then try the day later to connect with UGC. I know well how annoying is this issue, but i'm almost sure you can fix it following the advices wrote in this topic

As I said above I followed all the advices wrote in this thread. Yes, maybe I have to try to connect to UGC the day later... (:confused:)

I also tried the tips written in the post. I think we need to message Sucker punch, there's some little timmy in the middle of nowhere and he can't log into UGC, he doesn't know why, he isn't a trophy hunter ..yet.. WE NEED TO HELP TIMMY!. Let's get this fix, message Suckerpunch:applause::applause::cool:

Just tried changing the DNS, already opened my ports and switched from my wired to wireless and still no luck. :( I downloaded the game last night and without notice i was able to play a few UGC missions by sucker punch and then when i realized that i didn't see the missions anymore i tried login in and it wouldnt allow till now.