Rate the trophy difficulty...  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.22

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I give it a 4/10. Platinum took me 88 Hours, but I also made a small screw-up that forced me into a second playthrough; had I not missed 1 monster in a scenario dungeon, I would have finished in ~60 Hours.

Nothing is really "difficult" about it; it is a fairly orthodox J-RPG. Note that DLC Dungeons (free on the JP PSN Store) are required for the Platinum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I give it a 4.

I am not sure how much time I take, but pretty long. Other then completing the scenario, most of the time is spent on adjusting the share. I have to play 2nd playthrough for I have missed several scenario monster during the 1st.

Leveling up is pretty easy, and the boss side quest is not that hard. I completed the game with level 80s characters even though some quest said that recommended level is 90s or 100. (excluding DLCs)

Overall trophies are easy to get, just takes time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my (P)

I gotta say its a 4.

Its only a pain to get all the monsters in ur bestiary cause u can miss some really easily if ur playing casually. The leveling was easy, especially when u have everyone on ur team. Really easy nonetheless, especially if u got the right Combo's and know which dungeons speed up ur shares for those pesky events based on it. Still loved the game though :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hyperdimension Neptunia platinum difficulty- 4

Yeah, it's about that. (HDNPD-4)

Some bosses in those extra dungeons might give you a fit if you don't know what you're doing so I suggest you learn to know what to do. Aside from that, nothing's overtly stressing in HDN. Fun and easy platinum!

A difficulty of 4 is about right. Some boss monsters can be quite tricky but nothing that difficult. Aside from the tedious share grind and going through numerous side dungeons, it was relatively easy plat for me. Managed to do it in one playthrough.

A tip for people attempting to plat this; a guide isn't really necessary. What I do in RPGs is hunt for every chest in a dungeon, this practically gurantees you to encounter every monster.

I gave it a 2. It would be a 1, but the game takes more than a few hours, but it's in now way difficult or anything. It's one of those games where the Platinum is basically automatic if you just play the whole thing. The only thing I had to go out of my way to get was the Nurse trophy, and that only took 5 minutes or less of purposely killing my own characters in one battle to get the 20 revives. So there's nothing particularly challenging about this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 3. There wasn't anything really challenging about the game.

Getting through all the dungeons and working with the shares to get all events took some grinding, but nothing out of the ordinary. It's a shame that I had to miss out on the Nisa/Gust DLC, I would've liked to play them during my playthrough but the DLC hasn't been released in Europe yet :(

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum isn't that bad at all... although you'll probably need to do 2 playthroughs.

The only thing thats annoying is the grinding.

I think I'm going to give this one a 5. Mainly because the healing system is a complete "what the hell" until you reach a certain stage where you can pretty much buy 999 of each item and still have thousands of credits left over.

Also you'll probably need to do a second run due to the neptune death and the permenant effects on the shares thing which the game gives you no warning about.

i earned this a week ago but my vote is a 6.

enthusiast historic drived me nuts. even with a guide i maked mistakes. i failed to understand the share thing. sure there was a trophy guide with the share information but i had to search plenty of hours information on the internet because the share thread didnt explain how to lower or raise share. wel there was a few dungeons u could and i readed that but i had to worry constantly because it not really was a guide. just a few dungeons u could do. i almost give up on this platinum but somehow i managed to get the plat on second playthrough in only 8 hours. (rush through story). but still i cant give this game a 3 or 4 like most people. i also played whole the game on normal. somehow the game changed easy back in normal. (i started the game in normal and when i died u could change it to easy i did apply the changes but apparently it changed it back to normal. on the very end of the game end of second playthrough i realized u need to do it before battle to change it permantly).

ps: i know u can play it on easy so i lowered my rating a few points. (it felt like an 8 when i was playing it)

Platinum isn't that bad at all... although you'll probably need to do 2 playthroughs.

The only thing thats annoying is the grinding.

I think I'm going to give this one a 5. Mainly because the healing system is a complete "what the hell" until you reach a certain stage where you can pretty much buy 999 of each item and still have thousands of credits left over.

Also you'll probably need to do a second run due to the neptune death and the permenant effects on the shares thing which the game gives you no warning about.

yup thats when i almost give up because i thought i needed 40 hours more to do everything again. i readed that in LAST post of share thread it permantly decrease if u die and i can confirm this. technically u could do this in 1 playthrough but that would mean u cant do much side missions and if u do sidemissions u cant die at all (and leave dungeon). very difficult if u would try it in 1 playthrough. escepially because i recommend ur at least level 90 before finishing the game

Edited by Hogger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I give this game a 3 in difficulty. I'm not sure how long this game took me to complete since I literally fell asleep numerous times with the crappy battle system. I'm guessing maybe 40-50 hours.

The dungeons are brainless and easy to navigate, and you automatically get a full overhead view of the map for each dungeon.

No level grinding is necessary until post game.

Other than reserving AP to help defend against some nastier bosses, very little to no tactics are required for the battles. I had my controller set to autofire with L2 and triangle for practically every battle.

The share concept is the worst aspect of this game. I died and continued many times, not knowing this was permascrewing my share ratios. Luckily I still had barely enough shares to view all the events, so a second playthrough wasn't necessary for me.

Refresh timers on the skills was poorly implemented. I did a hammer smash on a wall, now I am up against another destructable wall and I have to wait for the hammer smash meter to refill. WHY???? This is purely detrimental to the game and brings no benefit to the gamer. There is no sense of urgency with dungeon completion time, because S-rank is super easy to achieve. This is because the rankings were based on the original Japanese release which did not have L2 skip for battles. SERIOUSLY, NO L2 SKIP.

A suggestion for anyone playing this game, I suggest not wasting your time with IF's treasure hunting skill. For the absolutely crappy rewards, it is not worth your time chasing down these chests.